U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Trapper John McIntyre
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Ugly stuff! Is that Trump and his supporters?

If you're referring to hs old mucker, Eck, you're right.

Ugly as f * * k.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Ugly as f * * k.

:rofl:

Watt-Zeefuik

Everyone here still buzzing over Kamala Harris piledriving Biden at the debate last night over bussing. His chickens were going to come home to roost at some point. That point was apparently last night.

BTW I fully intend to respond to @alfajambo, but it's a very long reply that I'll stick in a spoiler so as not to spam the thread and I haven't had time to do it justice yet.

I see Donald sitting with his pal Vlad, pointing to him and laughingly making a joke about election interference. Does he not realise the importance of the subject, that it has/had his Country split in their opinions, and could yet be the reason for his Presidency coming to a sudden end. He should also consider that should he for any reason be removed from his current position all immunity that it provides no longer protects him from indictment.

The Mueller interviews at Congress next week should be interesting, but I am not too optimistic about what he will say, I suspect his comments will be very guarded and lack commitment.

Watt-Zeefuik

The full exchange between Biden and Harris is here, for what it's worth. The annotations aren't nearly as helpful as they might be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/28/kamala-harris-joe-biden-exchange-over-race-busing/?utm_term=.4092e37a61a9

I won't overexplain this but if folks want me to go into why Harris making Biden defend his old position on bussing and federal intervention, and Biden digging in, is so devastating for him I can try. Justin will be better than me at parts of it.

So the President of the United States sees fit to sit with Putin and joke about getting rid of journalists, Putin  a leader who has been connected directly with the deaths of twenty five journalists. Still on venues like this forum and other places people will still support, defend, and praise this man.  The only statement that I can think of that gives him any leeway, is "Forgive him for he knows not what he doeth", I would myself probably phrase it differentl. He cannae help it cos' he's nuts.

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, bobsharp said:

So the President of the United States sees fit to sit with Putin and joke about getting rid of journalists, Putin  a leader who has been connected directly with the deaths of twenty five journalists. Still on venues like this forum and other places people will still support, defend, and praise this man.  The only statement that I can think of that gives him any leeway, is "Forgive him for he knows not what he doeth", I would myself probably phrase it differentl. He cannae help it cos' he's nuts.

Who on this forum has supported, defended or praised him?

16 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Ugly as f * * k.

No,  I was thinking more the cast from Mash. Good song tho, for Unionists.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

You!

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

You!

DT may be a bully and guilty of many misdeeds - however, the less partisan, those not infected with TDS and who neither subscribe to the guilty until proven innocent news media inspired drivel, are not verifiably and duty bound to universally sing his praises.

Terrible people who claim to be good have to try to denigrate their opponents with terms like like "Trump Derangement Syndrome" to deflect from their own blatant hypocrisy.

Hay-Soos.jpg.50da336ec3b84071f099d0c25f83a7a4.jpg

image.png.349ded18a5b0f6e9d74028e8dda24a13.png

That's not to say Trump Derangement Syndrome doesn't exist--it just doesn't mean what his apologists think it does.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, alfajambo said:

DT may be a bully and guilty of many misdeeds - however, the less partisan, those not infected with TDS and who neither subscribe to the guilty until proven innocent news media inspired drivel, are not verifiably and duty bound to universally sing his praises.

Yes, his explicit policy of taking thousands of children including infants from their parents who arrived here legally seeking asylum, then keeping them in cages, not giving them baths, giving them insufficient food, and making them sleep on concrete floors with no bedding or blankets doesn't bother anyone who's reasonable or right-minded.

These facts aren't contested by ANYONE. It's just that a certain population, you included, have decided it's just not a big deal they don't care because it's poor brown kids in the cages, or some other soulless excuse.

Anyone who thinks stealing and torturing children is a big deal has "Trump Derangement Syndrome." Aye, right.

Watt-Zeefuik
8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

If I give you three examples, will you agree to leave this thread and never post in it again?

Or do you maybe, yanno, want to just read a little ways back through the thread?

6 hours ago, alfajambo said:

And you!

I certainly plead guilty to forming some opinions based on news broadcasts.In doing so I watch news programs from U.K. Canada and the U.S. I also watch to maintain some balance Fox news.  I will state tho" that the majority of my opinions are based watching Trump make statements, not broadcasts on what he has said but what he himself states, uncensored or altered in any way. My opinion of the man is that he is less than intelligent, almost to the point if not there of phsychological difficulties. He is a pathological liar, he is as so obvious by his ridiculous hair styling vain to go with his arrogance and just totally exposes his utter phoniness. He expects but returns no total loyalty, he has absolutely no Presidential personae, and is a totally incompetent and unlikable personality to me.

I base my opinions on many years of having to study people, high level training in investigation including profiling, I make no judgements based on my reading of the Bible or lack of such.

Aw Christ, they've got another term which they can throw around to falsely close debates down. 'TDS' is going to be the new 'snowflake' or 'libtard'. 

Francis Albert
9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You!

Criticising some of the things his more obsessively single minded critics say is not the same as supporting, defending or praising him.

3 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Yes, his explicit policy of taking thousands of children including infants from their parents who arrived here legally seeking asylum, then keeping them in cages, not giving them baths, giving them insufficient food, and making them sleep on concrete floors with no bedding or blankets doesn't bother anyone who's reasonable or right-minded.

These facts aren't contested by ANYONE. It's just that a certain population, you included, have decided it's just not a big deal they don't care because it's poor brown kids in the cages, or some other soulless excuse.

Anyone who thinks stealing and torturing children is a big deal has "Trump Derangement Syndrome." Aye, right.

I would be pleased if you would refrain from writing nonsense speech in some way attributed to my view.  Thanks.

Trump - who does nothing that doesn't benefit Trump - attacking selfless humanitarian Jimmy Carter. A humble churchman who doesn't lie like him. 

10 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Trump - who does nothing that doesn't benefit Trump - attacking selfless humanitarian Jimmy Carter. A humble churchman who doesn't lie like him. 

I remember years age, I think it was on This old House. The Carter foundation, rebuilding houses for the poor for free. And DT has the cheek. Prick!

Perth to Paisley

Trump stepped into  North K, then had a bland blether with KJ-un

Historic.

Mans a twat but making an effort

Seymour M Hersh
18 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Carter did lie but pretty small scale in comparison to other Presidents. He introduced himself as a nuclear physicist and peanut farmer. He was neither he had a bachelors degree and owned a peanut warehouse. He also like to say he left Georgie with a $200million surplus when he moved on. In fact it was only £43million and that was all that was left of the $91million surplus he inherited when he took office. There are quite a few others but as I said small stuff. So he did lie. 

He was however one of, if not, the most naive and weak Presidents of the modern times. 

Watched the coverage of Trump meeting Kim, a well planned photo op for a man into his reelection campaign. Republican McCarthy almost orgasmic over i as he states this historic meeting that will change the world for centuries. I would be more convinced if it had just concluded an agreement for Kim to denuclearise which he has not done nor seems to have any intention to do up to now.

This last week has been something Trump goes to Japan, jokes with Putin about election interference and getting rid of journalists, he then swans over the Saudi Prince who murdered a US citizen, a fact agreed to by Trumps own intelligence people and senior aides. Then has a picture taken with Kim. There is a certain benefit in treating your enemies with some form of false belief, but I am not sure Trump totally realises the terrible, cruel, murderous,devious people he is dealing with, if he does it may be fine if not it could be tragic.

I have smiled to myself a couple of times, I keep imagining myself walking into the old Rat Trap pub, sitting with all the known thieves, housebreakers, and muggers, drinking beer and talking with them and kidding myself its because they like me and think I am a good police man,aye  right, they would never have taken advantage of my naivete.

12 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Carter did lie but pretty small scale in comparison to other Presidents. He introduced himself as a nuclear physicist and peanut farmer. He was neither he had a bachelors degree and owned a peanut warehouse. He also like to say he left Georgie with a $200million surplus when he moved on. In fact it was only £43million and that was all that was left of the $91million surplus he inherited when he took office. There are quite a few others but as I said small stuff. So he did lie. 

He was however one of, if not, the most naive and weak Presidents of the modern times. 

For a naive and weak president he brokered a peace deal between Israel and Egypt that has lasted 40 years. He only lost in 80 because the oil price doubled in 79 and there were domestic fuel shortages mainly when idiots panic bought. He got the blame of course. 

Just saw Trump stating that Obama tried numerous times to arrange meetings with Kim but could never get it done. A man who served eight years with Obama stated quite emphatically "the presidents lieing, obama never asked Kim for meetings". Difficult to believe that Trump would tell a lie about Obama, really out of character.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Watched the coverage of Trump meeting Kim, a well planned photo op for a man into his reelection campaign. Republican McCarthy almost orgasmic over i as he states this historic meeting that will change the world for centuries. I would be more convinced if it had just concluded an agreement for Kim to denuclearise which he has not done nor seems to have any intention to do up to now.

This last week has been something Trump goes to Japan, jokes with Putin about election interference and getting rid of journalists, he then swans over the Saudi Prince who murdered a US citizen, a fact agreed to by Trumps own intelligence people and senior aides. Then has a picture taken with Kim. There is a certain benefit in treating your enemies with some form of false belief, but I am not sure Trump totally realises the terrible, cruel, murderous,devious people he is dealing with, if he does it may be fine if not it could be tragic.

I have smiled to myself a couple of times, I keep imagining myself walking into the old Rat Trap pub, sitting with all the known thieves, housebreakers, and muggers, drinking beer and talking with them and kidding myself its because they like me and think I am a good police man,aye  right, they would never have taken advantage of my naivete.

Your last-paragraph analogy is right on the button, Bob. A pity his version of your Rat Trap crowd are just a smidgen on the more dangerous side.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

For a naive and weak president he brokered a peace deal between Israel and Egypt that has lasted 40 years. He only lost in 80 because the oil price doubled in 79 and there were domestic fuel shortages mainly when idiots panic bought. He got the blame of course. 

Nope. There was but Carter had begun the deregulation of fuel prices which is maybe why he got blamed. We'll just add that into the economy.

1) The Iran hostage crisis, and failed rescue mission
2) The economy was in downward trend. High inflation, interest rates and unemployment
3) He was ineffectual in getting things done in Congress

4) Ronald Reagan's charismatic optimistic persona

5)Ted Kennedy nearly beating him in the primary and nearly won. 

Anyhoo we digress. I see Trump is now the first US President to go to NK. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

On 29/06/2019 at 10:11, Justin Z said:

Terrible people who claim to be good have to try to denigrate their opponents with terms like like "Trump Derangement Syndrome" to deflect from their own blatant hypocrisy.

Hay-Soos.jpg.50da336ec3b84071f099d0c25f83a7a4.jpg

Hypocrisy you say ?

11 minutes ago, jake said:

Hypocrisy you say ?

Sorry mate you'll have to help me out. I'm clearly not at the intellectual level you've reached where you can say people who profess to follow the words and teachings of a sage like Jesus who said things like quoted in the cartoon above, aren't hypocrites when they willfully allow children to suffer and die.

I'm sure we all want to know where that assertion has gone wrong so we can rest easy knowing such horrible inequity isn't actually occurring on the soil of the "greatest country in the world".

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Sorry mate you'll have to help me out. I'm clearly not at the intellectual level you've reached where you can say people who profess to follow the words and teachings of a sage like Jesus who said things like quoted in the cartoon above, aren't hypocrites when they willfully allow children to suffer and die.

I'm sure we all want to know where that assertion has gone wrong so we can rest easy knowing such horrible inequity isn't actually occurring on the soil of the "greatest country in the world".

I thought you were an atheist?

1 minute ago, jake said:

I thought you were an atheist?

I must admit to being bamboozled as to what the actual **** that has to do with anything at all.

Just now, jake said:

What is that btw ?

His name is ConcernFroge and he possesses the perfect expression for when someone says something . . . dubious.

You have just earned him and then some here.

10 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I must admit to being bamboozled as to what the actual **** that has to do with anything at all.

I'm not sure I can explain it.

I dont like Trump but I really see no difference other than superficial .

As I dont really believe any president actually dictates real power.

Just now, Justin Z said:

His name is ConcernFroge and he possesses the perfect expression for when someone says something . . . dubious.

You have just earned him and then some here.

My last answer probably confirms your views on me.

1 minute ago, jake said:

I'm not sure I can explain it.

I dont like Trump but I really see no difference other than superficial .

As I dont really believe any president actually dictates real power.

While a generality like that might make sense in some extremely basic way, the ultimate fact is that a tripartite government like the US literally delegates power to do things like decide how federal detention facilities work to the president.

He is the ultimate decider of how those things work--full stop. You can believe whatever you want, as you are wont to do, but it doesn't change the fact that it is his word that comes from on high and affects how things run from the top down. If he sees a horrendous problem of literal children dying because of the way things are being run below him, HE HAS THE POWER TO CHANGE IT IN THE AMERICAN SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT.

There is a massive "difference other than superficial".

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

While a generality like that might make sense in some extremely basic way, the ultimate fact is that a tripartite government like the US literally delegates power to do things like decide how federal detention facilities work to the president.

He is the ultimate decider of how those things work--full stop. You can believe whatever you want, as you are wont to do, but it doesn't change the fact that it is his word that comes from on high and affects how things run from the top down. If he sees a horrendous problem of literal children dying because of the way things are being run below him, HE HAS THE POWER TO CHANGE IT IN THE AMERICAN SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT.

There is a massive "difference other than superficial".

Can you name one president who hasn't literally killed children ?

Just one.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

With their own hands?!

Toughie. Chester Adams was ok I think. James Madison I believe never murdered anyone under the age of 16.

The rest...got me, man.

:facepalm:  You totally one-upped me there, pres. Embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

With their own hands?!

Toughie. Chester Adams was ok I think. James Madison I believe never murdered anyone under the age of 16.

The rest...got me, man.

For me I feel more betrayed by those who pretend to be  on the side of working class the poor than I do by Tories trumps etc.

Every President has blood on their hands .

I dont doubt some had good intentions but ultimately they get told what to do.

3 hours ago, jake said:

For me I feel more betrayed by those who pretend to be  on the side of working class the poor than I do by Tories trumps etc.

Every President has blood on their hands .

I dont doubt some had good intentions but ultimately they get told what to do.

These past several posts epitomises exactly why democracy is a horrible ****ing idea.

Thick ***** who think they're cleverer than they are, like your dumb workie arse, should sit down, shut up, and listen to the adults talking before they stab themselves in the eye with a ****ing ice pick because they're absolute ****ing knobs with no idea how to run a bath, much less a country, and should be nowhere near the ability to vote.

Unfortunately, no way exists to determine the level of competency necessary to have a legitimate vote without introducing terrible biasing and abuse, so we're left with this piece of shit system where the likes of you get the same vote as the likes of someone who spends real time, energy and knowledge learning about issues and determining the best course of action.

(admin delete)

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

These past several posts epitomises exactly why democracy is a horrible ****ing idea.

Thick ***** who think they're cleverer than they are, like your dumb workie arse, should sit down, shut up, and listen to the adults talking before they stab themselves in the eye with a ****ing ice pick because they're absolute ****ing knobs with no idea how to run a bath, much less a country, and should be nowhere near the ability to vote.

Unfortunately, no way exists to determine the level of competency necessary to have a legitimate vote without introducing terrible biasing and abuse, so we're left with this piece of shit system where the likes of you get the same vote as the likes of someone who spends real time, energy and knowledge learning about issues and determining the best course of action.

(admin delete)

The vote should be the privilege of sane, balanced and reasoning people like you? 

3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

(delete)

And there in one post sums up the response these days from the left.

I'm tempted to respond in kind but will not.

As I usually receive warning points or a ban.

That you would shut down points of view because I'm a workie only shows you up as a snob.

By the way it's not cool to act the hard man online.

As I have no way of giving you a slap.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The vote should be the privilege of sane, balanced and reasoning people like you? 

Way to ignore the exact ****ing point I made in the middle of my drunken rant, Franny the ignored fañny--fitting of you, actually.

Edited by Justin Z

2 minutes ago, jake said:

And there in one post sums up the response these days from the left.

I'm tempted to respond in kind but will not.

As I usually receive warning points or a ban.

That you would shut down points of view because I'm a workie only shows you up as a snob.

By the way it's not cool to act the hard man online.

As I have no way of giving you a slap.

Please do mate. I will have a pint with you any time. And gladly accept an unconditional slap, because I gave you a well deserved verbal one online.

**** off with your "the left" shit. You are not clever, and the sooner you realise it, the better off we all will be.

Edit: Scotland gives everyone five years of free education. If you actually gave a ****, you'd use it. Instead, you want to pretend your degree in Google gives you equal voice to anybody else, and it doesn't. Probably the most poisonous idea in modern society is that the reality that everyone is entitled to an opinion means everyone's opinions are equal to each other.

Edited by Justin Z

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)