U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So you equate not buying a pair of shoes to not killing 150 people. :levein_interesting:

Nah.  The shoe story is much more plausible. Anything that Trump says, a proven frequent liar, should be taken with a grain of salt.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Nah.  The shoe story is much more plausible. Anything that Trump says, a proven frequent liar, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Proof of that pudding is that he claimed at one point that he had imposed sanctions, you will be surprised to hear he had not. He explained time lines and was totally confused, or not telling the truth, and his lips actually moved twice so that must have been more lies.

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

Proof of that pudding is that he claimed at one point that he had imposed sanctions, you will be surprised to hear he had not. He explained time lines and was totally confused, or not telling the truth, and his lips actually moved twice so that must have been more lies.

It's not often that Trump makes me laugh, but he succeeded a couple of days ago.

He was talking to the press about the drone having been shot down by Iran.  He said " ... fortunately the drone didn't have a man or woman aboard, otherwise it would have been a much more serious situation."

Very sharp, Donald, very sharp.  If there had been a crew aboard, it wouldn't have been a drone.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's not often that Trump makes me laugh, but he succeeded a couple of days ago.

He was talking to the press about the drone having been shot down by Iran.  He said " ... fortunately the drone didn't have a man or woman aboard, otherwise it would have been a much more serious situation."

Very sharp, Donald, very sharp.  If there had been a crew aboard, it wouldn't have been a drone.

He was saying it was just as well it was a drone and not a manned aircraft. Pretty easy to understand I think.

One of his more coherent (and true) statements.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Typical Donald, in todays interviews on the White House lawn he mentioned Iran and nuclear weapons and stated of course that he knows a lot about nuclear. I wonder if there is anyone in this day and age  who does not know that a drone is an unmanned aircraft. His comment would to me be superflous because if it was the manned aircraft that was in the area thirty eight American crewmen would be dead. Obviously necessitating a whole different retaliation.

I P Knightley
6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

He was saying it was just as well it was a drone and not a manned aircraft. Pretty easy to understand I think.

One of his more coherent (and true) statements.

Most of us could say it in a more coherent way without revealing ourselves to be fokking imbeciles.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Most of us could say it in a more coherent way without revealing ourselves to be fokking imbeciles.

That was the point I was trying to make.  Just like a week or so ago when he babbled about the moon being part of Mars.  

He's piss-poor at expressing himself. Which is the least of his faults.

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

That was the point I was trying to make.  Just like a week or so ago when he babbled about the moon being part of Mars.  

He's piss-poor at expressing himself. Which is the least of his faults.

Earlier tonight I turned on TV and was really impressed with Trump. Then I realised it was a rerun with Alec Baldwin doing Trump on Saturday Night Live..

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Some of us can resist the temptation to repeatedly brag about being cleverer or more coherent than Trump. It is not much to brag about. And it is not really the point about Trump.

His comments and the moon and Mars and about the drone were perfectly clear to anyone other than someone determined to find any reason however trivial to mock Trump. Enjoyable as mocking Trump may be it will do **** all to stop his re-election. It didn't work last time after all.

Francis Albert
34 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Some of us can resist the temptation to repeatedly brag about being cleverer or more coherent than Trump. It is not much to brag about. And it is not really the point about Trump.

His comments and the moon and Mars and about the drone were perfectly clear to anyone other than someone determined to find any reason however trivial to mock Trump. Enjoyable as mocking Trump may be it will do **** all to stop his re-election. It didn't work last time after all.

Before someone accuses me of Trump-like incoherence I meant "about the moon and Mars"

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Before someone accuses me of Trump-like incoherence I meant "about the moon and Mars"

Calm doon, yer taking this thread a bit personal.

I thought he came across fine in the interview, btw.  As for his re-election, Joe, or Bernie will destroy any chance of that, if the economy doesn't do that first.

Edited by ri Alban

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Calm doon, yer taking this thread a bit personal.

I thought he came across fine in the interview, btw.  As for his re-election, Joe, or Bernie will destroy any chance of that, if the economy doesn't do that first.

Biden is in trouble merely because he recently talked about an age when consensus was possible on some issues even with people with whom you fundamentally disagreed … including segregationist Southern Democrats, which is retrospectively anathema today and now causing internal fights within the Democrats. In fact compromise with segregationist racist Southern Democrats and the support of some Republicans was precisely  what allowed Johnson to push through his Great Society reforms, probably the most progressive legislation in US history, unfortunately overshadowed by Vietnam and largely reversed by Nixon.

As for Bernie, I have about as much chance of being the next US President. Opposition to Trump remains IMO unserious.

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Biden is in trouble merely because he recently talked about an age when consensus was possible on some issues even with people with whom you fundamentally disagreed … including segregationist Southern Democrats, which is retrospectively anathema today and now causing internal fights within the Democrats. In fact compromise with segregationist racist Southern Democrats and the support of some Republicans was precisely  what allowed Johnson to push through his Great Society reforms, probably the most progressive legislation in US history, unfortunately overshadowed by Vietnam and largely reversed by Nixon.

As for Bernie, I have about as much chance of being the next US President. Opposition to Trump remains IMO unserious.

Both still way ahead of DT. Personally, I'd like to see Michelle take him to the cleaners, but alas :(, it's not to be.

Edited by ri Alban

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

It’s a pity Spitting Image isn’t on anymore it would have a field day with that imbecile.

SpruceBringsteen

Did a poll over here this morning and found 70% of Democrats will now vote Trump because he gets the pish ripped out of him on a Scottish football website.

7 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Did a poll over here this morning and found 70% of Democrats will now vote Trump because he gets the pish ripped out of him on a Scottish football website.

I'm so ashamed.  :whistling:

SpruceBringsteen
11 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm so ashamed.  :whistling:

It's not so bad, I told them Hibs support Iran. Drone strike incoming. :pleasingao:

So Trumps latest female accuser is doing the rounds of all the Sunday morning pundits. She lists him as one of the worst of the many nasty men she has dealt with. She has even gone to the extreme of describing the ac tual penetration that is required for rape, but couldn't tell if it was half of his equipment or all of it. Trump denies knowing her which is a lie, but I still cannot find myself agreeing with what she is doing. Trump offers enough as President to incur wrath, and critique, she is overkill, and still to me somewhat lacking in true credibility.

Trump imposes sanctions on Iran. At least he is consistent in his actions all financial. Tariffs, sanctions and hush money.

Edited by bobsharp

With Trump at the helm, The handmaid's Tale isn't fiction.

Edited by ri Alban

8 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

To all the Trump apologists, this is HIS doing, no one else's , HIS. 

Image may contain: 1 person

Rubbish 

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Iran’s President suggesting that Trump is “Mentally retarded.”

:laugh:

As much as I like to have a go at US hegemony.

Coming from a religious based government that's ironic

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Iran’s President suggesting that Trump is “Mentally retarded.”

:laugh:

It isn't the first time that someone has suggested Trump has a mental issue.

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

It isn't the first time that someone has suggested Trump has a mental issue.

He may have mental issues but a political system represented by a religious cult would imo deserve the handle of retarded more readily.

10 minutes ago, jake said:

The president isn't the ayatollah, Jake. And we haven't had a Catholic King Queen or PM for 350 years.

Edited by ri Alban

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Things like this pretty much enhance my dubiousness about her...

Anderson (Cooper, from CNN) replied: “I think most people think of rape.. as a violent assault. It is not sexy.”

To which she replied: “I think most people see rape as being sexy.”

Then after a short pause she added: “They think of the fantasies.”

I mean...**** off.

That's the level these days.

41 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The president isn't the ayatollah, Jake. And we haven't had a Catholic King Queen or PM for 350 years.

So the president is secular?

And there is no power of religious politics in Iran?

The Real Maroonblood
56 minutes ago, jake said:

Mind you there a lot of religious nutters that vote for Trump regrardless.

22 minutes ago, jake said:

So the president is secular?

And there is no power of religious politics in Iran?

I know how much you like hypocrisy, Jake. ?

1 hour ago, jake said:

He may have mental issues but a political system represented by a religious cult would imo deserve the handle of retarded more readily.

Could be.  In any event, as much as I dislike Trump, the head of a theocratic dictatorship shouldn't be pointing fingers at him.  There are enough people on JKB ready to do that! :wink:

Its been a sort of Trump like day for me.  It started off with discussion about the terrible conditions for children seperated from their parents and detained in camps. Some now refer to them as concentration camps. Trump manages to open his mouth and let his belly rumble stating that the conditions are pretty good. Even Fox news yes Fox news laid some criticism at his feet.

I then watched him conduct a ceremony to award a former soldier with the Medal of Honour. Trump then went on about the American way of glory and honour, and how Americans would answer the call and serve their Country. The hypocrisy and downright insult to America with his words, being a coward who bought his way out of that same service, and ignored his Country's need is without words.

I want to make it clear I met many American draft dodgers while serving in the police in Canada. They escaped the U.S. and their draft by entering Canada illegally. Many  tried to gain jobs on ships leaving Vancouver. Dealing with these young men,gave me no reason to think of them as cowards, almost to a man they were prepared to serve their Country, but not in this war that was poorly conceived and they should just not be there.

I have also made my feelings known regarding my opinion of Trumps latest accuser, I find her relating of the story at the least a twisting of the true facts, and totally distant from the actual truth. However it is sad to see the U.S. President having to deny another in the total of over twenty allegations of his sexual misconduct. And this man has the temerity to stand on a podium and award anything to a military hero who has done everything the person making the award has not.

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

Its been a sort of Trump like day for me.  It started off with discussion about the terrible conditions for children seperated from their parents and detained in camps. Some now refer to them as concentration camps. Trump manages to open his mouth and let his belly rumble stating that the conditions are pretty good. Even Fox news yes Fox news laid some criticism at his feet.

I then watched him conduct a ceremony to award a former soldier with the Medal of Honour. Trump then went on about the American way of glory and honour, and how Americans would answer the call and serve their Country. The hypocrisy and downright insult to America with his words, being a coward who bought his way out of that same service, and ignored his Country's need is without words.

I want to make it clear I met many American draft dodgers while serving in the police in Canada. They escaped the U.S. and their draft by entering Canada illegally. Many  tried to gain jobs on ships leaving Vancouver. Dealing with these young men,gave me no reason to think of them as cowards, almost to a man they were prepared to serve their Country, but not in this war that was poorly conceived and they should just not be there.

I have also made my feelings known regarding my opinion of Trumps latest accuser, I find her relating of the story at the least a twisting of the true facts, and totally distant from the actual truth. However it is sad to see the U.S. President having to deny another in the total of over twenty allegations of his sexual misconduct. And this man has the temerity to stand on a podium and award anything to a military hero who has done everything the person making the award has not.

In addition to the hypocrisy of his behaviour, think of his attacks on real American military heroes like John McCain who put his life on the line with raids over North Vietnam and suffered incredible hardships for years as a result, and Robert Mueller who served his country and was awarded a Bronze Star for heroism, plus a Purple Heart for wounds.

Trump doesn't deserve anything but contempt for his comments about those men.  It amazes me that so many Americans, who are generally very pro-military people, buy into his BS and don't run him out of town.   

SpruceBringsteen

The best part was him tagging the wrong account and having to delete and start again. ****ing moron. :lol:

Judge grants the House of representatives the ability to subpoena Donny's accounts.

Mueller agrees to testify to Congress.

Bad day for Tango Man.

:jjyay:

The House Oversight Committee has issued a subpoena for Kellyanne "Donald Trump is God" Conway over her repeated violations of the Hatch Act.

She'll refuse to appear, of course.    

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

The best part was him tagging the wrong account and having to delete and start again. ****ing moron. :lol:

And the wrong account person responded beautifully, essentially saying that she agreed with the football player. "She was right to say so. Cry me a river. (And this isn't even her account)"

Agent Orange going to kiss Vlad's azz again at G20? Send Ivanka into meetings in his stead? Stable genius. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jake said:

Trump supporters being attacked by mobs.

Ugly stuff.

Is this happening in the White House by his family?

3 hours ago, jake said:

Trump supporters being attacked by mobs.

Ugly stuff.

Ugly stuff! Is that Trump and his supporters?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)