U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Whether you think they were or not, only psychopaths drive cars into people.

But Trump said that there "good people on both sides". 

As well as driving a car into a crowd, and killing an innocent woman, hundreds of those "good people" were marching through the streets chanting "Jews will not replace us."

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Biden's candidacy is an embarrassment, as are all the people falling all over themselves to declare him the front runner.

The folks I know in Charlottesville who were on the front lines facing down the Nazis there are extremely unhappy about him using the videos of the violence there as a campaign prop in his announcement video.

I don't think it's fair to say it's an embarrassment. Round these parts I've heard multiple people of the red persuasion say that he is the only blue candidate that they would even consider accepting. He may have his faults but he is relatively well respected on both sides. Personally, I think of all the blue candidates so far he is the only one who has the chance, or character, of being able to reunite what is currently an extremely politically polarized and fractured country. At the very least he's the only one not being openly dismissed by 'reasonable' Republicans.

Edited by trotter

5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

As well as driving a car into a crowd, and killing an innocent woman, hundreds of those "good people" were marching through the streets chanting "Jews will not replace us."

Yet, The American government and entertainment businesses, are own by The Kingdom of Judah.

Edited by ri Alban

42 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

He must have onset dementia. You can't come out with the utter shite he does and be normal.

He does it simply because he can.

Bindy Badgy
17 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

You'd think he'd be against them what with his son in law being Jewish. And with them being NAZIs.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

You'd think he'd be against them what with his son in law being Jewish. And with them being NAZIs.

I think Ivanka coverted to Judaism, so yes, you'd think Trumpy would be right against the neo-nazi far right jew hating nutters who seem to follow him.

11 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I think Ivanka coverted to Judaism, so yes, you'd think Trumpy would be right against the neo-nazi far right jew hating nutters who seem to follow him.

He accounted for his statements today by mumbling some comment that the whole thing and his comments related to the removal of the statue of Rober E Lee whom he thinks was one of the Country's greatest generals and he has spoken to many of todays generals and they agree.

Watt-Zeefuik
23 hours ago, Diego Hamish said:

The far left facists of antifa?

1. Do you know what "antifa" is short for?

2. Yes, the far left UCC ministers, Quakers, librarians, and social workers who formed a human chain to try to keep a bunch of pudgy angry 30-something techbros on holiday with overpriced useless tactical gear that they tried (and in a few cases succeeded) to use to corner people and beat them.

And since you're new around here, "Diego Hamish," you may not know, but I go to grad school in Charlottesville. My building looks out toward the field where the Nazis assembled with their little Tiki torches. I routinely walk or drive by where Heather Heyer was murdered by an actual fascist who had previously declared his intent to kill people with his car. I personally know people who helped give medical care to people who were attacked or hit during that parade.

We've already seen off a few pro-Trump trolls on this thread. It's tedious work but if you want to be next, by all means, step right up and fly your idiot flag anew.

The guy has had more flip flops than the Nippon Budokan. Today telling folk they should be getting their “shots” due to the measles outbreak. They’re very important. 

Last year telling folk vaccinations are linked to Autism. 

He’s probably recently purchased some shares in a pharmaceutical company. 

Governor Tarkin
32 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

I go to grad school in Charlottesville. 

I always assumed you were a lot older than a grad school student, UA. 

Watt-Zeefuik
11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I always assumed you were a lot older than a grad school student, UA. 

I'm probably as old as you think I am. I'm on my second round of grad school, trying to finish up a Ph.D. in my early 40s.

Did about 15 years in the IT world, and still hold a part time job there.

Watt-Zeefuik
16 hours ago, trotter said:

I don't think it's fair to say it's an embarrassment. Round these parts I've heard multiple people of the red persuasion say that he is the only blue candidate that they would even consider accepting. He may have his faults but he is relatively well respected on both sides. Personally, I think of all the blue candidates so far he is the only one who has the chance, or character, of being able to reunite what is currently an extremely politically polarized and fractured country. At the very least he's the only one not being openly dismissed by 'reasonable' Republicans.

Embarrassment is probably too strong a word. This is a very good summary of Biden's problems, and a response to it from an old campaigner that adds some context. tl;dr, he's a decent guy but is absolutely the wrong guy for the present moment, and he's also a pretty terrible campaigner.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-perfect-candidate-whos-totally-ill-suited-to-the-times

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/prime-beta/harsh-but

As to reaching out to folks of the "red persuasion" as you say, I will simply say that there's almost no one left in the Democratic Party with the slightest bit of interest in doing that. There are now enough young voters and unaffiliated voters that, if you get them out to vote and motivate Democrats, it's enough to swamp the GOP in a tidal wave and repeat the totals of 2018, which are more than enough to get Trump out of office.

This is a self-described centrist economist who worked with the Clintons saying the same thing.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/3/4/18246381/democrats-clinton-sanders-left-brad-delong

Basically, WJ Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama, and HR Clinton were all candidates that to some degree attempted to restore unity to the country. In response, Republicans impeached WJC for lying about a blowjob in an investigation into a real estate deal, stole the election from Gore, called Kerry (an actual war hero, not that it matters) a liar and a wimp, called Obama a treasonous non-American Muslim, and spent a year stonewalling his SCOTUS nomination so they could steal the seat.

And now they support this orange muppet.

Sorry, but **** unity and **** the "red persuasion." We don't need them and we don't want them. We're just going to beat them and beat them again until they learn their lesson.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

I'm probably as old as you think I am. I'm on my second round of grad school, trying to finish up a Ph.D. in my early 40s.

Did about 15 years in the IT world, and still hold a part time job there.

Ha, I was going to say that the maturity displayed in your posts belies your tender years. :lol:

I also went back to school to get my degrees in my mid 30's, after initially leaving at 15 with shit all. 

It's amazing the difference a couple of decades does for ones focus, and it's DEFINITELY a lot more fun being an *ahem* 'mature student'. 

Don't let the Ph.D drag on for too long though. :thumbsup:

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ha, I was going to say that the maturity displayed in your posts belies your tender years. :lol:

I also went back to school to get my degrees in my mid 30's, after initially leaving at 15 with shit all. 

It's amazing the difference a couple of decades does for ones focus, and it's DEFINITELY a lot more fun being an *ahem* 'mature student'. 

Don't let the Ph.D drag on for too long though. :thumbsup:

Indeed. I was on track for 3-3.5 years, then had two kids. :lol: So much for that! Now if I could just get myself to spend less time on football forums.... ;)

Craig Gordons Gloves
56 minutes ago, gjcc said:

The guy has had more flip flops than the Nippon Budokan. Today telling folk they should be getting their “shots” due to the measles outbreak. They’re very important. 

Last year telling folk vaccinations are linked to Autism. 

He’s probably recently purchased some shares in a pharmaceutical company. 

He's what? He's spent years being an anti-vaxxer and now he's saying this? I don't know whether to applaud him for finally being sensible or to shake my head and weep at his utter lack of principles.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, maroonlegions said:
Image may contain: 3 people, text

He should have had a bullet through the skull then. Religious people love him though. 

6 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

He's what? He's spent years being an anti-vaxxer and now he's saying this? I don't know whether to applaud him for finally being sensible or to shake my head and weep at his utter lack of principles.

Feel sorry for the Americans. Going to be the greatest outbreak of Autism the world has ever seen. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/26/politics/donald-trump-measles-vaccines/index.html 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Feel sorry for the Americans. Going to be the greatest outbreak of Autism the world has ever seen. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/26/politics/donald-trump-measles-vaccines/index.html 

I know. Unbelievable the same pish is being regurgitated. Almost 20 years since he was struck off. Conspiracy theorists, though? 

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Craig Gordons Gloves
31 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I know. Unbelievable the same pish is being regurgitated. Almost 20 years since he was struck off. Conspiracy theorists, though? 

I'd love to have a conversation with that boy Wakefield, maybe give him measles. I'd also love to have him explain to me how the autism diagnosis my son has was caused by the vaccine he had. Utter welt. Totally discredited study that arseholes are still talking about. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
58 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I'd love to have a conversation with that boy Wakefield, maybe give him measles. I'd also love to have him explain to me how the autism diagnosis my son has was caused by the vaccine he had. Utter welt. Totally discredited study that arseholes are still talking about. 

He's a total charlatan. As far as I'm concerned, refuse NHS treatment unless you get the MMR jab. Otherwise go private (I know you're in the US).

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I know you know. (unless you're a complete ****ing moron, we all know)

Never mind, he'll no doubt receive his well earned "adulation" at that NRA thing he's at today and that's all the clown gIves a shit about.

I honestly despair.

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I know you know. (unless you're a complete ****ing moron, we all know)

Never mind, he'll no doubt receive his well earned "adulation" at that NRA thing he's at today and that's all the clown gIves a shit about.

I honestly despair.

The NRA, the far-right Christians, the neo-Nazis are his base.  He will win or lose with those voters in the next election.

Better health care at lower cost for everybody?  Build a wall that Mexico will pay for? A trillion dollars for improved infrastructure? Win so often you'll be sick of winning? Drain the swamp? I won't have time to play golf?  

People believed all that bullshit, and voted for him. :facepalm:

Bindy Badgy
12 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

They use the fact that he was struck off as 'evidence' that there is some sort of cover up and him being struck off is some sort of threat to anyone else that wants to tell the 'truth'. ****ing morons.

The Real Maroonblood

I’ve got laugh at tha Daily Mail accusing Corbyn snubbing the Queen at her banquet for Trump.

The Queen would probably want snub it as well but unfortunately she’ll have to put up with Trump.

Jambo-Jimbo
34 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’ve got laugh at tha Daily Mail accusing Corbyn snubbing the Queen at her banquet for Trump.

The Queen would probably want snub it as well but unfortunately she’ll have to put up with Trump.

Worse than that, she'll probably have to sit next to him, and might even have to talk to the tw@t as well.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

They use the fact that he was struck off as 'evidence' that there is some sort of cover up and him being struck off is some sort of threat to anyone else that wants to tell the 'truth'. ****ing morons.

And if he hadn't been struck off the same ****heids would say he must be right otherwise he'd have been struck off.

Bindy Badgy
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I always feel a bit sorry for the Queen in these situations. She's expected to sit and have dinner with utter tossers that the Government have invited over even though she probably doesn't want to be anywhere near them.

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

I always feel a bit sorry for the Queen in these situations. She's expected to sit and have dinner with utter tossers that the Government have invited over even though she probably doesn't want to be anywhere near them.

I’m no royalist but I totally agree with your post.

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

At least Trump was elected head of state.

4 hours ago, Stokesy said:

She'll probably have to blow on his soup to cool it down

Sexton Hardcastle

Tweeting his support for Nick Bosa as he used to rock his hats but ignoring the black Kyler Murray who went number one. Also more petty point scoring on the Kaep circus.

maroonlegions

I know now what Austerity was for, it was to Double the Debt. Corbyn is quite right not to Banquet with the Racist, Bigoted Blob.

Well done Corbyn, someone with balls throwing 2 fingers up at people like Trump.

Rod Rosenstein now reported to have offered Trump help during the Mueller investigation that he was the senior person in charge of. He allegedly told Trump he would land the plane. This is apparently the type of language used in the codes that Cohen gave evidence about. Strangely enough in his  nomination hearing Bill Barr used a variation of that same expressiopn. Trump is everything bad that persons say about him, to me he is extremely unlikable, he is a liar, a bully, and a coward, but yet seems to exert some sort of power that gets these weak people to follow him, and say nothing about his faults. Nothing as strange as people.

Edited by bobsharp

12 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Rod Rosenstein now reported to have offered Trump help during the Mueller investigation that he was the senior person in charge of. He allegedly told Trump he would land the plane. This is apparently the type of language used in the codes that Cohen gave evidence about. Strangely enough in his  nomination hearing Bill Barr used a variation of that same expressiopn. Trump is everything bad that persons say about him, to me he is extremely unlikable, he is a liar, a bully, and a coward, but yet seems to exert some sort of power that gets these weak people to follow him, and say nothing about his faults. Nothing as strange as people.

Trump is a Republican pursuing the Republican agenda.  His fellow-Republicans will do everything they can to support him.

He's got two right-wing judges appointed to the SCOTUS, and might well get a third.  In Republican eyes, this is a wonderful achievement. Because of this, they'll overlook his multiple flaws.

niblick1874
On 26/04/2019 at 12:30, Ugly American said:

We've already seen off a few pro-Trump trolls on this thread. It's tedious work but if you want to be next, by all means, step right up and fly your idiot flag anew.

Am I included in your seeing off list?

On 26/04/2019 at 13:47, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

He should have had a bullet through the skull then. Religious people love him though. 

On 26/04/2019 at 15:58, Maple Leaf said:

theo_moudakis_love_triangle.jpg

I have quoted your post so as to get your attention. I would like to know why the post that I quoted above the one that I quoted from you is still there.

Edited by niblick1874

niblick1874

Joe Biden and the rest of the scum know full well he has no chance. In fact he is taking a big chance but he thinks it's worth it for the one big payoff he is going to get. What is it? 10 mill and counting?

How many years ago was it that I posted this shit on here?

O'Rourke, who was the front runner before everyone else jumped in had 10 mill the last time I looked two weeks ago and just held a rally that consisted of 35 dimwits.

They know it's their last chance of a big pay day. Some will need it to pay all their upcoming legal fees to keep them out of prison for the rest of their lives.

At best they are snake oil sales men and at worst they are way beyond what normal people can rap their heads around. 

Edited by niblick1874

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Ask his opinion on Theresa May & Nicola Sturgeon. You might find you've already had a previous conversation.

I think I'll dingy/dinghy him. 

The Correspondents Dinner was a pretty mild affair.  The coward Trump could have easily attended and left with his malignant narcissism intact. I suppose it highlights what a snivelling fraud he is.

Edited by JackLadd

Watt-Zeefuik

A correspondant tries to say the obvious on Fox News and they cut to commercial mid-comment.

maroonlegions
On 28/04/2019 at 04:15, Ugly American said:

A correspondant tries to say the obvious on Fox News and they cut to commercial mid-comment.

He is a narcissist and a serial liar, cleary has mental health issues. He should be interrogated by a mental health professional, he is erratic  in all he says and does, the man is delusional and suffers from delusions of grandeur and so do his followers. Birds of a feather flock together.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

The mad hatters tea party. Where is Alice.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

The Three Stooges.

Well suited to each other.

maroonlegions

Trump is a sociopath.

“A new study from the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) has found that tens of thousands of Venezuelans have died as a direct result of Trump administration sanctions put into effect in August 2017, and that tens of thousands more are expected to die as a result of additional sanctions put into place in January of this year.”

5 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Trump is a sociopath.

“A new study from the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) has found that tens of thousands of Venezuelans have died as a direct result of Trump administration sanctions put into effect in August 2017, and that tens of thousands more are expected to die as a result of additional sanctions put into place in January of this year.”

In Trump's eyes Venezuelans are brown people, therefore a threat to the southern border of the USA.  I very much doubt if he's losing any sleep over their deaths.  

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)