U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Trump has claimed that he doesn't know Conway. How does the Washington Post have a letter from Trump to Conway thanking him for his help in a condo dispute?

Everyone knows that Trump is a liar.  His base doesn't care.  Latest poll shows his approval rate at about 42%, which is quite respectable at this stage in a Presidency.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I have watched this man before, he sure tells it how it is, he is no fan of Trump, I enjoy watching him, he is so c orrect in what he says.

Jambo-Jimbo
13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

That latest tweet on Conway is beyond unhinged. The 25th amendment can't be far away.

Indeed, to call Conway the 'husband from hell' on a public platform surely has to be putting Kellyanne in a near impossible position, what does she do, support her husband or her boss.

The replies are brilliant, including letters which totally exposes Trump as the real 'LOSER' and liar.

His loss of mental capacity has been growing worse every day since his election. I am not a graduate in phsychology, but have had enough training to know that constant lying, accompanied by calling others liars, hatred for someone like McCain shows a serious lapse in common sense when he would label a man a c oward who fought and served in a conflict you yourself dodged by questionable medical diagnosis. To call the man the husband from hell, when you are thrice divorced, and are currently under investigation for paying to have evidence of your indiscretions hidden show a total lack of human decency. Statements that you love a dictator responsible for thousand of deaths of his own citizens, and some Americans, shows a total lack of responsibility to the extent of being deranged. In the opinion of a moderately educated person in the science of the mind, I would suggest he has a problem

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

That latest tweet on Conway is beyond unhinged. The 25th amendment can't be far away.

It's almost beyond belief that the POTUS would get into a public exchange of personal insults with an ordinary citizen of the country.

Are there no limits to the extent that Trump will degrade himself and the office of the President?  Apparently not.

33 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's almost beyond belief that the POTUS would get into a public exchange of personal insults with an ordinary citizen of the country.

Are there no limits to the extent that Trump will degrade himself and the office of the President?  Apparently not.

I just heard at lunch time at an event today he again publicly criticised John McCain.

3 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I just heard at lunch time at an event today he again publicly criticised John McCain.

He hates McCain because McCain is something that Trump isn't, and can never be .... a respected war hero.

The fact that McCain voted against "repeal and replace" Obamacare is just the lame excuse that Trump uses for his infantile attacks.

Jambo-Jimbo
17 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

He hates McCain because McCain is something that Trump isn't, and can never be .... a respected war hero.

The fact that McCain voted against "repeal and replace" Obamacare is just the lame excuse that Trump uses for his infantile attacks.

Got it in one, Trump is jealous of John McCain, it's as plain and simple as that.

And it's eating Trump up, badly, he can't handle it, hence the attacks on a dead man.

4 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Oh, it's worse than that. Publically complaining that he didn't get a thank you from the McCains for giving him a state funeral. So far I've just sort of ignored him in the hope that he'll go away, but that is a line crossed as far as I'm concerned. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47642335

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, trotter said:

Oh, it's worse than that. Publically complaining that he didn't get a thank you from the McCains for giving him a state funeral. So far I've just sort of ignored him in the hope that he'll go away, but that is a line crossed as far as I'm concerned. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47642335

What a pathetic and disgusting person he is.

gashauskis9
47 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a pathetic and disgusting person he is.

Correct.  If I posted the words that come to mind I’d get banned on here.

If you want a true symbol of leadership in the modern world, Jacinda Ardern has it nailed.  Decisive, but compassionate.

AlphonseCapone
On 01/03/2019 at 12:29, trotter said:

Or as Notorious B.I.G. never put it, "Mo' fissile, mo' missile"

:laugh:

Donny just recognised the Golan Heights as part of Israel, flying in the face of international law and multiple UN resolutions.

:vrface:

Russians will be loving this as nobody can say a word about Crimea any more. Chinese bases all over the south china sea will also be hard to criticize after this.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Donny just recognised the Golan Heights as part of Israel, flying in the face of international law and multiple UN resolutions.

Russians will be loving this as nobody can say a word about Crimea any more. Chinese bases all over the south china sea will also be hard to criticize after this.

Good point.

6 hours ago, Cade said:

I don't think that Trump's slaverings automatically become US policy, so it might mean nothing.  btw, I doubt if the clown could point to either the Golan Heights or the Crimea on a map.

8 hours ago, Cade said:

Crimes? What's the debate. I don't see any difference between it and the Western US states, whether they were forcibly removed by war or money.

His timing was deliberate too.

The last two days have been the huge Jewish festivals of "The Fast of Esther" and "Purim".

Both are public holidays in Israel and from what I hear from friends, many orthodox Jews are having very rowdy drunken street parties in their wee enclaves up and down the UK.

Watt-Zeefuik
15 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I don't think that Trump's slaverings automatically become US policy, so it might mean nothing.  btw, I doubt if the clown could point to either the Golan Heights or the Crimea on a map.

The problem is that a lot of Israel/Palestine relations is shadow boxing. It's why the US continues to veto largely toothless UN Security Council resolutions against Israel human rights abuses. This is very harmful in the long run, and it's doubly infuriating because he's just doing it to try to save himself a bad news cycle.

Cynicism and manipulation as governing philosophies seem to be the emerging global norm.

Reports flying about that Mueller has completed his report and will deliver it today..........Like we haven't got enough news right now.

Watt-Zeefuik

WaPo says it's submitted. We won't see anything until the AG reviews it, and then there will likely be a big pie fight over how much of it Congress can see and how much the rest of us can see.

I expect it to be ugly but to stop short of effectively demanding impeachment immediately. Congress will have to keep digging.

Kalamazoo Jambo

The Mueller report has now been handed to the AG (it’s official). Don’t expect to see any of the contents for some time, though.

10 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

The Mueller report has now been handed to the AG (it’s official). Don’t expect to see any of the contents for some time, though.

Here's a prediction: 

- the White House will say that Trump is exonerated and the Republicans in Congress will agree with that. 

- The Dems, on the other hand, will say that the report indicates illegal activity by Trump associates and Trump family members, but they'll be unable to agree with what should happen next. 

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

How long for the AG to reciew ?

He is saying he hopes to give it to Congress over the weekend.

The bigger question is how long the news networks can talk about a document they haven't seen????

2 hours ago, alfajambo said:

Whatever you were going to post here, and decided not to, thank you Alfa. Your moment of self-reflection was much appreciated.

Bindy Badgy

He wrote that it was a good summary of the Mueller report. Not sure how he would know that Hannity had summarised it well as it isn't available for public consumption. Not sure how Hannity can run his mouth on it as he hasn't seen it either.

1 minute ago, Stokesy said:

He wrote that it was a good summary of the Mueller report. Not sure how he would know that Hannity had summarised it well as it isn't available for public consumption. Not sure how Hannity can run his mouth on it as he hasn't seen it either.

The fact that he is still posting videos of Hannity tells you all you need to know.

4 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

The fact that he is still posting videos of Hannity tells you all you need to know.

Obviously as an intelligent follower closely attentive to the narrative peddled over the past 2 years you knew from the beginning that ‘Russian Collusion’ was fake news and worse.

5 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Obviously as an intelligent follower closely attentive to the narrative peddled over the past 2 years you knew from the beginning that ‘Russian Collusion’ was fake news and worse.

:Aye:

43 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Jesus wept he is posting videos from Carlson Tucker now ?????

Somebody who stands up for paedophiles.

Surely it is better to live and discern within a truthful reality.

Rather than invert one’s head in the dust.

The real Russian Collusion narrative will out

Hannity and Carlson have called it from the start.

Not that this will be of interest to you.

3 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

You listen to people who defend racism and paedophiles . Do you share their views as well?

It may well say something to the effect that although there was collusion it does not reach the level of criminal, if I understand correctly that was Muellers mandate to investigate collusion. To say that in the report would account for a comment of no other indictments as a result of collusion. During the investigation however it would seem there is a possibility that evidence has arisen regarding obstruction or some other offences that could lead to charges. The number of persons who have been indicted and convicted confirms this possibility.

It was interesting that Trump on Fox stated in an interview that Collusion was all a witch hunt and a  hoax, he also commented that now they will go after a hokey charge of obstruction, no one can make better predictions on the future than the person who has prior knowledge of what they have been up to, and this could have had something to do with his irrational behaviour and tweets of last weekend.

I am not an angler, but have seen enough film of a fish on the hook struggling and fighting like it never had do before, and Trump has the perfect face for the hook in the mouth analogy, if there is space where his foot usually is.

56 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Its even worse when your head is up a fecal orifice.

Watt-Zeefuik

Imagine looking at a 22 month probe that generated guilty pleas by some of the most senior officials in a Presidential campaign and treating the news that they were done as evidence that there was nothing there all along.

It requires strenuous effort to remain that ignorant. Impressive.

Posted by King of the Cat Cafe, in the Crap jokes thread:

Today I was in Waterstones, and as I was wandering around, on of the assistants stopped me and offered to help.

I asked, "Do you have a copy of Donald Trump's book on his US immigration policy regarding Muslims and illegal Mexicans?"

The clerk angrily said, "**** off, get out and stay out!"

I said, "Yes! That's the one. Do you have it in paperback?"

Kalamazoo Jambo

“while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)