U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Everyone knows all about the woman that sued McDonald's because she spilt their coffee and it was to hot, or do they?. Is there another side to the story. You'd better believe it and it is a telling one.

Who knows about the Tort Reform bill?

Some saw a frivolous lawsuit while others saw how big business used it, and with their goons in Washington and the MSM doing there bidding, were able to take a tighter grip, if not a strangle hold on what they wanted. How they did it was, and is, one of their blue prints for control of the whole system which they had until now, going by their reactions to the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmLo_mpeltE

Americanism or globalism? More and more people are seeing the truth about globalism, What it really is, and the kind of people behind it.

America have voted the Globalists out. They want to take their country back and Trump is all they have to do it.  Who can blame them? Not I.

You may have a point, but when you suggest "America voted the globalists out" as the reason for Trump being elected, methinks you're giving their electorate way too much credit.

I may have a point? How about addressing the point.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Craig Gordons Gloves

I'm somewhat amused by the fact that it's mainly men on here pontificating on how women feel about their rights. I don't think any of us know for sure what most women think and feel tbh.

I think it's also quite telling that over 3m women were moved enough to march and show that they won't just roll over if they perceive the rights that they have are in danger of being eroded. It's also amazing how many men suddenly care about women's rights in Saudi etc as a way of belittling the purpose of the marches,  

3 days into his Presidency and Trump is in court today being sued by a group of Ethics Lawyers/Experts over his business links.

Something to do with the Emoluments Clause.

Not posting a link as all I'll get from some is that it's fake news this fake news that, so google it yourself, as all the news outlets are running the story.

apologies if it has already been covered, but is it true the media have made up the story saying that there were more people in the protests than at his inauguration?   And if so, how does the media get away with this?

apologies if it has already been covered, but is it true the media have made up the story saying that there were more people in the protests than at his inauguration? And if so, how does the media get away with this?

Of course it's not bloody true. Have you even looked at any of the photos of the various protests?

Craig Gordons Gloves

Of course it's not bloody true. Have you even looked at any of the photos of the various protests?

Fake photos but.

:)

apologies if it has already been covered, but is it true the media have made up the story saying that there were more people in the protests than at his inauguration? And if so, how does the media get away with this?

Yes, made up since they didn't rely on alternative facts. It's impossible to count though, although fair reporting would have reflected the fact that the impossible-to-count attendance was the highest ever.

http://www.snopes.com/trump-inaugural-address-plagiarism/

It would appear it's not just the MSM who makes up bogus stories.

He didn't quote though. He just used the lines. Like his wife did with Michelle Obama's speech. 

:facepalm: 

It's utterly unimportant in the long run, but the incredibly low turnout at his "yuge" inauguration is at least funny for now.

comparison-withtime-1024x576.jpg

:facepalm: How many people watched the inauguration? How many that watched it believed this? Who are these people? Did you watch it? Did you believe this fake news when you posted it?

The MSM is fake news and they don't care how obvious it is anymore because as you all can see, there are enough to spread it to those that can't see past the end of their nose.

It's the Brexit and the Trump voters that didn't know what they were voting for that are the dimwits right enough.

Missed the speech yesterday but having watched it today we are in for a hell of a four to eight years.

With the rise of nationalism in Europe from Orban's Hungary and Poland's Law and Justice party to Le Penn and Wilders, to Brexit under a shoddy and cack handed leadership, Corbyn's left-wing-not-so-popular-populism in opposition (and in some ways opposing itself) to #indyref2 and Trumpism we are heading back to trade wars and tariffs and protectionism.

That speech was like a 1930s speech against FDR. America First: protectionism and a jingoistoc patriotism will do nothing for many people but bring hard times.

Where does the TPP, the TTIP and NAFTA come into your analyses?

Trump just got rid of the TPP.

Dear Donald, when are you coming to Canada to tell everyone why you got rid of the TPP and tell us all about the small print in the NAFTA that you don't like. How about tomorrow.

alwaysthereinspirit

3 days into his Presidency and Trump is in court today being sued by a group of Ethics Lawyers/Experts over his business links.

Not posting a link as all I'll get from some is that it's fake news this fake news that, so google it yourself, as all the news outlets are running the story.

You were so so close. Trump not in court today but a representative might be. I cant take 8 years of this. :toff:

alwaysthereinspirit

I'm somewhat amused by the fact that it's mainly men on here pontificating on how women feel about their rights. I don't think any of us know for sure what most women think and feel tbh.

I think it's also quite telling that over 3m women were moved enough to march and show that they won't just roll over if they perceive the rights that they have are in danger of being eroded. It's also amazing how many men suddenly care about women's rights in Saudi etc as a way of belittling the purpose of the marches,  

How many over 3 million?

And how do we know they were not fake or taken at a different time? And what about people who were standing elsewhere

You were so so close. Trump not in court today but a representative might be. I cant take 8 years of this. :toff:

It's a figure of speech ffs, of course Trump wasn't in court personally.

Sean Spicer back on stage for another briefing from The White Hoose at 6.30pm.

Mind and dinnae pee yer breeks now.

Could get a bit spicy.

Trump just got rid of the TPP.

Dear Donald, when are you coming to Canada to tell everyone why you got rid of the TPP and tell us all about the small print in the NAFTA that you don't like. How about tomorrow.

Not quite as the TTP hadn't been ratified by Congress yet, so today's actions are largely symbolic as it hadn't come into force yet.

Space Mackerel

Never mind Spicer hows Indy 2 coming on, cant wait for it , then indy 3 etc, etc

Cmon, sit down and have a chuckle at the mans lack of intelligence and grace. It's going to be a belter I think.

1. Woman have no idea what they want or feel.

2. They blame men for all their problems anyway so why shouldn't we pontificate. Afterall they appear to have difficulty thinking for themselves:-0)

I find it amusing when i learn about the partners in this march.

I also find it amusing that the march was not properly named women against trump.

I am further amused to learn the finances of it all.

And i think you will find that the way women are treated should be universal and not governed by political dogma.

And belittling of marches no way matches the subjugation suffered by millions which is state sponsored .

Yeah a vote for clinton was a vote for women .

Considering her ties to the most repressive regime towards women i am really amused at your mock outrage.

alwaysthereinspirit

It's a figure of speech ffs, of course Trump wasn't in court personally.

My mistake. I thought by writing "3 days into his Presidency and Trump is in court today" you were leading somewhere else. Silly me.

Cmon, sit down and have a chuckle at the mans lack of intelligence and grace. It's going to be a belter I think.

Here spacey if Barack Obama can win the nobel peace prize after being at war every single day of his presidency.

Id say Trumps got a shot at the nobel literature prize.

What you think?

Wonder what the outrage would be.

My mistake. I thought by writing "3 days into his Presidency and Trump is in court today" you were leading somewhere else. Silly me.

No probs, we all make mistakes. :thumbsup:

I also find it amusing that the march was not properly named women against trump.

And i think you will find that the way women are treated should be universal and not governed by political dogma.

And belittling of marches no way matches the subjugation suffered by millions which is state sponsored .

Considering her ties to the most repressive regime towards women i am really amused at your mock outrage.

Where did u learn about the partners, Jake?

:facepalm: How many people watched the inauguration? How many that watched it believed this? Who are these people? Did you watch it? Did you believe this fake news when you posted it?

The MSM is fake news and they don't care how obvious it is anymore because as you all can see, there are enough to spread it to those that can't see past the end of their nose.

It's the Brexit and the Trump voters that didn't know what they were voting for that are the dimwits right enough.

TPP and TTIP are dead but were about opposing protectionism. The fact they're gone, and NAFTA apparently away too, is a victory for protectionism.

I don't see how closing borders to trade, making it harder to buy and sell goods regionally and globally helps increase wealth and jobs.

In fact if we look at the late 1920s and the 1930s, the last time there was a high degree of protectionism and isolationism, it didn't work well at all.

:facepalm: How many people watched the inauguration? How many that watched it believed this? Who are these people? Did you watch it? Did you believe this fake news when you posted it?

Did you believe his speech, maybe that was Alec Baldwin, spooky.

More worried about British politics than Americas, they voted him in, let them get on with it.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I don't recall any outrage in my post. Nor do i recall any support for Hillary in it.  

Who are the partners Jake? Who financed it? 

The point I was making was that if 3 million (apologies to ATIS for the number, I am simple and take what i read from experts in crowds as relatively close to the facts) is that those that showed up to march did so to make a point that legislators shouldn't forget that there is a large group that need to be considered when decisions are made that affect this group and they aren't going to just take it.  

I trust this clarifies matters etc. 

More worried about British politics than Americas, they voted him in, let them get on with it.

What worries you? Toryeverafter.

Still confused how you can become a billionaire property tycoon, with overseas investments and assets, and not be a part of the elite, establishment and be anti globalisation.

Edited by aussieh

Basically, a president may not do business with, or accept payments from, foreign governments etc and Trump's got all sorts of contracts with foreign governments.

It's a conflict of interest issue, an understandable one too

Basically, a president may not do business with, or accept payments from, foreign governments etc and Trump's got all sorts of contracts with foreign governments.

It's a conflict of interest issue, an understandable one too

I know, the problem is that Mr. Trump announced during his news conference the other week, remember when he had all the folders piled up on the table.

Well he said that he was going to sign over all his businesses over to his sons and indeed had already signed many over already.

Delaware and another state is where his companies are registered supposedly, and there is no record of him signing over anything thus far allegedly, so it would appear that Donald Trump is still in charge of his businesses, and that leaves him open for a conflict of interests, and this is why these lawyers have filed a lawsuit against him.

I remember when Obama won his first election.

I remembered McCains speech after Obamas victory.

He spoke of the importance to African Americans .

He also called for unity and peace in the nation.

It was as bitter and polarised as the recent elections.

The marches if you bother to follow the money were anything but spontaneous.

Look for it yourself.

Wont find the information in msm but it is in black and white and irrefutable.

I remember when Obama won his first election.

I remembered McCains speech after Obamas victory.

He spoke of the importance to African Americans .

He also called for unity and peace in the nation.

It was as bitter and polarised as the recent elections.

The marches if you bother to follow the money were anything but spontaneous.

Look for it yourself.

Wont find the information in msm but it is in black and white and irrefutable.

Where do we find it Jake?

TPP and TTIP are dead but were about opposing protectionism. The fact they're gone, and NAFTA apparently away too, is a victory for protectionism.

I don't see how closing borders to trade, making it harder to buy and sell goods regionally and globally helps increase wealth and jobs.

In fact if we look at the late 1920s and the 1930s, the last time there was a high degree of protectionism and isolationism, it didn't work well at all.

Have you any idea what those trade deals meant for democracy ?

Deary me the trade union movement everywhere is against it.

The left everywhere are against it .

It was a charter for multu national companies to be able to sue elected governments at the taxpayers expense if their profit was affected by legislation.

One example of a widely opposed deal especially amongst the poorest nations.

Of course you have already stated that their lot in life should be to make your jeans cheaper.

Its on record wee man use your superior scottish genes and find it yourself.

Wee man? That's new, ive never been called that in my entire life, even from guys standing 6'6" tall. But there's always a first. Oh wait, the virgin who the last time he was inside a woman, he was a fetus said it, sorry.

Give us a link Jake. I'm interested.

Ok notts i found this an interesting read.

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/01/20/billionaire-george-soros-has-ties-to-more-than-50-partners-of-the-womens-march-on-washington/

Its an opinion piece but provides links to where the info can be found.

I think some of it flys against my views towards the end.

But have a peak and slag me after.

Ok notts i found this an interesting read.

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/01/20/billionaire-george-soros-has-ties-to-more-than-50-partners-of-the-womens-march-on-washington/

Its an opinion piece but provides links to where the info can be found.

I think some of it flys against my views towards the end.

But have a peak and slag me after.

:rofl: We are simple people!

Its an option piece with no evidence or facts.

Of course the marches didn't organise themselves but nobody was forced to attend. The fact the numbers were huge should tell you something Jake.

Its an option piece with no evidence or facts.

Of course the marches didn't organise themselves but nobody was forced to attend. The fact the numbers were huge should tell you something Jake.

I said it was an opinion piece.

Did you actually read it?

It provided sources to show who was financially and politically organising it.

Of course i accept that trump is not a president i would want never mind the many groups that protested.

But the hypocrisy is unbelievable.

But then im cynical about everything notts.

I believe it doesnt matter who is president really as was proved by Obamas terms.

This view is based on what actually happened under his leadership as opposed to what might happen.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)