U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

2 and a half years away.

At current rate Ukraine will have the biggest conventional arms in the world. 

Energy prices may say different.

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Energy prices may say different.

NATO aren't stopping support of Ukraine.

Same as Sturgeon will need to accept Faslane stays. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

NATO aren't stopping support of Ukraine.

Same as Sturgeon will need to accept Faslane stays. 

I don't give a shit what sturgeon thinks about faslane, it's getting shut and oil rigs put up in the Clyde.

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't give a shit what sturgeon thinks about faslane, it's getting shut and oil rigs put up in the Clyde.

Scotland can't be in NATO then. Which is a choice. 

SwindonJambo
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scotland can't be in NATO then. Which is a choice. 

An independent Scotland would be foolish not to join NATO imho. It’s a dangerous World out there with all sorts of nasty threats. Which means the nuke subs stay at Faslane for the time being. Moving them wouldn’t be cheap and they’d belong to our NATO ally and next door neighbour, rUK, who may decide to move them to say, Milford Haven or Plymouth. The Defence Secretary in 2014 was Philip Hammond and he alluded to contingency plans to move them.

25 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

An independent Scotland would be foolish not to join NATO imho. It’s a dangerous World out there with all sorts of nasty threats. Which means the nuke subs stay at Faslane for the time being. Moving them wouldn’t be cheap and they’d belong to our NATO ally and next door neighbour, rUK, who may decide to move them to say, Milford Haven or Plymouth. The Defence Secretary in 2014 was Philip Hammond and he alluded to contingency plans to move them.

Scotland could get a nice rental payment too. 

Moving the subs is a fantasy. The alternative to Faslane isn't England. It's the USA. 

SwindonJambo
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scotland could get a nice rental payment too. 

Moving the subs is a fantasy. The alternative to Faslane isn't England. It's the USA. 

I’m sure they’d come to some sort of arrangement. Faslane supports a lot of local employment.

The most interesting thing about US politics is the fight for the republican party.Cheneys refusal to toe the trump line and the belief of a large segment of republican voters in his version of events is to be watched.

Meanwhile the US is stuck with a possibly it's worst ever President after Trump.

Bidens record previous to his joke of a presidency can in no way be defended.

Yet it seems he is treated with kids gloves.

What a mess

Unknown user
5 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

I’m sure they’d come to some sort of arrangement. Faslane supports a lot of local employment.

I read that it doesn't really bring in any local employment

Edited by Smithee

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I read that it doesn't really bring in any local employment

Don't let them take this onto Scotland, it's a US thread. You'll only get blamed for it.

Edited by ri Alban

5 hours ago, Ked said:

The most interesting thing about US politics is the fight for the republican party.Cheneys refusal to toe the trump line and the belief of a large segment of republican voters in his version of events is to be watched.

Meanwhile the US is stuck with a possibly it's worst ever President after Trump.

What a mess

What is it Biden is doing that makes him so bad?

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, Ked said:

What a mess

:rofl: He's not even close the second worst President this century!

A few months ago I'd have had Biden down as a middling to below average President. Then he went on a legislative winning streak.

If the stars align and the Dems pull off the upset win in Congress in November, he has a real shot of having a FDR/LBJ-style legacy.

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

A few months ago I'd have had Biden down as a middling to below average President. Then he went on a legislative winning streak.

If the stars align and the Dems pull off the upset win in Congress in November, he has a real shot of having a FDR/LBJ-style legacy.

But what if all you ever saw as 'news" was say the type of thing they will be saying on Fox? Then what would you think of Biden?

This is a competent professional administration, not a bunch of random feckin yahoos as was the previous clown car. 

14 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Which means the nuke subs stay at Faslane for the time being. Moving them wouldn’t be cheap and they’d belong to our NATO ally and next door neighbour, rUK, who may decide to move them to say, Milford Haven or Plymouth. The Defence Secretary in 2014 was Philip Hammond and he alluded to contingency plans to move them.

Gotta be honest - I would rather we spent money on other things than nukes... but in an Indie Scotland I'd have absolutely no issue charging rent for use of Faslane to help our neighbours out. 

For me it's not that they exist, I just think money should be spent elsewhere. If England (and rUK) want to staff taxpayers cash then let them do it and pay the rent on Faslane which can be used for something more positive.

Watt-Zeefuik

300 classified documents seized, he'd been warned repeatedly about them, and there's video of staff moving them around Mar a Lago, possibly to hide them better.

But aye nothing wrong here, just the FBI out to get poor Mr. Trump.

:conspiracy:

Trumps defence team are doing some bizarre stuff none of the experts can understand. They're digging a deeper hole for him which makes me suspect these lawyers are simply doing what the idiot Trump tells them to. Instead of doing their job.

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell speaks to national security attorney Mark Zaid, former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner, and former U.S. Attorney Harry Litman about the decision by Donald Trump and his allies to release a letter they received from the National Archives that described the back and forth over the over 700 government documents that were taken to Mar-a-Lago at the end of Trump’s presidency.

On 22/08/2022 at 05:05, Led Tasso said:

Not sure why you find it so funny.

He's not mentally fit for the job.

I doubt he is actually running anything.

And no I don't watch fox news.

54 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Trumps defence team are doing some bizarre stuff none of the experts can understand. They're digging a deeper hole for him which makes me suspect these lawyers are simply doing what the idiot Trump tells them to. Instead of doing their job.

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell speaks to national security attorney Mark Zaid, former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner, and former U.S. Attorney Harry Litman about the decision by Donald Trump and his allies to release a letter they received from the National Archives that described the back and forth over the over 700 government documents that were taken to Mar-a-Lago at the end of Trump’s presidency.

That'll probably be the documents that some believe were planted by the FBI, the very same documents which Trumps team admitted they had months before the FBI raid.   

Suppose that's what happens when folks watch the likes of Carlson & Hannity, I have no doubts that if either of them said Trump was the tooth fairy, there would be plenty who would believe it.

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That'll probably be the documents that some believe were planted by the FBI, the very same documents which Trumps team admitted they had months before the FBI raid.   

Suppose that's what happens when folks watch the likes of Carlson & Hannity, I have no doubts that if either of them said Trump was the tooth fairy, there would be plenty who would believe it.

Except that the Tooth Fairy GIVES money to the gullible, whereas in Trump's case it's the other way around.  

Watt-Zeefuik
7 hours ago, Ked said:

Not sure why you find it so funny.

He's not mentally fit for the job.

I doubt he is actually running anything.

And no I don't watch fox news.

It's funny because the only way you could possibly think Biden was the second worst President in history, regardless of your politics, is if your knowledge of US politics starts around 2010. I don't love Biden as a politician but he's perfectly mentally fit for the job—the notion that he isn't is "Hilary conquers the stairs" level of nonsense. You may not watch Fox News, but it sure seems like your connected on social media with folks who do. Or is it the Daily Mail? Besides, if mental fitness in office is the question, we now know Ronald Reagan had significant dementia by the last two years of his term. Biden is nowhere close to that level yet.

And look, George W. Bush ignored the warnings about Al Qaeda and allowed Sept 11 to happen because of his fecklessness, killed many of the US's carbon reduction programs, led us to two unwinnable wars on the basis of lies that destroyed security and order in the Mideast for decades, ran an administration where torture of prisoners was policy at the highest level, abandoned thousands to die in misery in Katrina and shrugged when told about it, and put a bunch of deregulatory zoomers in control of critical economic institutions that crashed the global economy at a level not seen since the 1930s. That was, like, 20 years ago. And Biden is worse?

But while you're studying, here's some names to know.

Andrew Jackson

James Buchanan

Franklin Pierce

William Henry Harrison

Andrew Johnson

Warren Harding

Calvin Coolidge

Millard Filmore

Rutherford B. Hayes

Herbert Hoover

Richard Nixon

Gerald Ford

Biden's term up until the last few months has been less than stellar, but we're still not halfway through the first term. What has he done that's remotely close to the violence, scandals, corruption, failures, and disasters overseen by the above list?

16 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

It's funny because the only way you could possibly think Biden was the second worst President in history, regardless of your politics, is if your knowledge of US politics starts around 2010. I don't love Biden as a politician but he's perfectly mentally fit for the job—the notion that he isn't is "Hilary conquers the stairs" level of nonsense. You may not watch Fox News, but it sure seems like your connected on social media with folks who do. Or is it the Daily Mail? Besides, if mental fitness in office is the question, we now know Ronald Reagan had significant dementia by the last two years of his term. Biden is nowhere close to that level yet.

And look, George W. Bush ignored the warnings about Al Qaeda and allowed Sept 11 to happen because of his fecklessness, killed many of the US's carbon reduction programs, led us to two unwinnable wars on the basis of lies that destroyed security and order in the Mideast for decades, ran an administration where torture of prisoners was policy at the highest level, abandoned thousands to die in misery in Katrina and shrugged when told about it, and put a bunch of deregulatory zoomers in control of critical economic institutions that crashed the global economy at a level not seen since the 1930s. That was, like, 20 years ago. And Biden is worse?

But while you're studying, here's some names to know.

Andrew Jackson

James Buchanan

Franklin Pierce

William Henry Harrison

Andrew Johnson

Warren Harding

Calvin Coolidge

Millard Filmore

Rutherford B. Hayes

Herbert Hoover

Richard Nixon

Gerald Ford

Biden's term up until the last few months has been less than stellar, but we're still not halfway through the first term. What has he done that's remotely close to the violence, scandals, corruption, failures, and disasters overseen by the above list?

If you honestly think Bidens fit for the presidency not only given his current mental capacity but his record as a US political heavyweight and especially his actual political outlook and the things he has voted on then you deserve all the shite you get.

And please grow up .

The slurs of fox news daily mail or knowing people who watch it don't wash .

I hold conservative views that are nowhere near as right wing as Bidens .

His are there for the record.

And they ate hardly admirable.

Bidens nearly as embarrassing as Trump and your desperate attempts for whatever reason say to me you are party loyal instead of truthful.

His administration maybe doing things I doubt he's leading anything.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Ked said:

If you honestly think Bidens fit for the presidency not only given his current mental capacity but his record as a US political heavyweight and especially his actual political outlook and the things he has voted on then you deserve all the shite you get.

And please grow up .

The slurs of fox news daily mail or knowing people who watch it don't wash .

I hold conservative views that are nowhere near as right wing as Bidens .

His are there for the record.

And they ate hardly admirable.

Bidens nearly as embarrassing as Trump and your desperate attempts for whatever reason say to me you are party loyal instead of truthful.

His administration maybe doing things I doubt he's leading anything.

Okay, I've said a piece in defence of Biden. All you have are totally unfounded allegations of mental decline and vague nostroms about his policies.

What do you think he's failed at? How is he worse than the Presidents that led the nation into a Civil War with a gutted military, or who helped establish murderous white supremacy in the South for four generations? The Presidents that caused the Great Depression, or who oversaw the most genocidal periods against Indigenous Americans?

Be specific. Sources.

10 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Okay, I've said a piece in defence of Biden. All you have are totally unfounded allegations of mental decline and vague nostroms about his policies.

What do you think he's failed at? How is he worse than the Presidents that led the nation into a Civil War with a gutted military, or who helped establish murderous white supremacy in the South for four generations? The Presidents that caused the Great Depression, or who oversaw the most genocidal periods against Indigenous Americans?

Be specific. Sources.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1021626

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Ked said:

Also correct. That bill passed with support of about 4/5 of the Senate. The entire US policy establishment was wrong on that.

I was in high school when that passed. I now have kids and grey hair. Do try to be a bit more up to date.

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Yes, in 1975, at the very beginning of his political career, Biden was dead-wrong on that issue.

The next year, I was born.

Awww that's nice .

Excused then is he?

And his mental health is questioned by everyone apart from you it seems.

There's also questions regarding his and his families cosy little deals with oil and gas.

There's plenty out there and you accuse me of being partisan ?

I can assure you I do not take sides but the ridiculous statement you made about him being up there with heavyweight presidents is beyond parody.

I can give you dozens of examples of his political actions that were made before he lost his capabilities.

If he's the centre ground of US politics you and you hold his torch you'd be a card carrying 1922 committee Tory over here.

So try and be less smart when pigeon holing people when you are being such a fekin hypocrite.

7 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Also correct. That bill passed with support of about 4/5 of the Senate. The entire US policy establishment was wrong on that.

I was in high school when that passed. I now have kids and grey hair. Do try to be a bit more up to date.

I'm starting from the beginning.

You know when he possessed his marbles.

I can keep posting links right up till the present day and even his comments recently you ain't black if you vote republican.

An absolute shameful play on race and only excused because he had a fekin clown in opposition.

He's a dud.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Ked said:

Awww that's nice .

Excused then is he?

No, it's a reason I didn't vote for him in the primary, but it's also a sorry excuse for judging his Presidency in 2022.

Just now, Ked said:

And his mental health is questioned by everyone apart from you it seems.

Again, "is questioned by everyone," no evidence. You mean by your social media feed. Come on, man.

Just now, Ked said:

There's also questions regarding his and his families cosy little deals with oil and gas.

"There's questions." You mean the ones that his predecessor was impeached for trying to force Zelinsky to make up?

Just now, Ked said:

There's plenty out there and you accuse me of being partisan ?

Then you should have no trouble finding something newer than the iPod.

Just now, Ked said:

I can assure you I do not take sides but the ridiculous statement you made about him being up there with heavyweight presidents is beyond parody.

Everyone takes sides, don't be silly. He's not up there with heavyweight Presidents, not without the bulk of Build Back Better still on the table, but he's solidly in the 15-25 range out of 46 at the moment.

Just now, Ked said:

I can give you dozens of examples of his political actions that were made before he lost his capabilities.

So can I, but we're talking about his Presidency though, and also not your made-up accusations about his "capabilities."

Just now, Ked said:

If he's the centre ground of US politics you and you hold his torch you'd be a card carrying 1922 committee Tory over here.

Tories are big on expanding money for kids? The most significant pro-union legislation in my lifetime? They pass a tax on stock buy-backs?

Just now, Ked said:

So try and be less smart when pigeon holing people when you are being such a fekin hypocrite.

I'm not pidgeon-holing people, I'm asking you to back up what you say or stop talking shite.

Watt-Zeefuik

Because @Kedseems intent on making me out to be a Biden fanboy just because I don't think he's the second-worst President in US history, I want to be clear.

Biden is going to forgive 10k in student loans. That's kind of shit, he should be cancelling all interest on student loans and give all loan-holders principal credit for interest paid. But at least we're getting some student loan forgiveness, which hasn't happened in decades. That's good.

Biden expanded health care subsidies under the ACA. That's kind of shit, the ACA, while better than nothing, has still left our health insurance system deeply broken and leaving people out. However, the GOP wanted those subsidies to expire completely, which would have thrown a lot of people off insurance and into desperation. So I'm glad they got that.

Biden got a bipartisan milquetost gun control measure passed. It's incredibly weak and still leaves the US in a state of gun-soaked frenzy that the rest of the world is terrified of. But at least it has clip limits and universal background checks, which people have been talking about doing for 30 years but haven't done. So, yay.

He still far oversold what he could accomplish, and he spent far, far too much time trying to court the now completely cynical and nihilistic GOP to working with him. But given the situation he's been dealt in Congress, he's done fine. "Fine" isn't great, but it's fine.

5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

No, it's a reason I didn't vote for him in the primary, but it's also a sorry excuse for judging his Presidency in 2022.

Again, "is questioned by everyone," no evidence. You mean by your social media feed. Come on, man.

"There's questions." You mean the ones that his predecessor was impeached for trying to force Zelinsky to make up?

Then you should have no trouble finding something newer than the iPod.

Everyone takes sides, don't be silly. He's not up there with heavyweight Presidents, not without the bulk of Build Back Better still on the table, but he's solidly in the 15-25 range out of 46 at the moment.

So can I, but we're talking about his Presidency though, and also not your made-up accusations about his "capabilities."

Tories are big on expanding money for kids? The most significant pro-union legislation in my lifetime? They pass a tax on stock buy-backs?

I'm not pidgeon-holing people, I'm asking you to back up what you say or stop talking shite.

I'm only just starting to back it up.

As for the newsfeed shite.

How about not just assuming people who disagree with you are fed propaganda and you are filled with the truth?

If you are that far gone in partisan politics that you honestly believe Biden is mentally capable to be president then that's on you.

I'm not advocating Trump.

I'm looking at the current president who is knee deep in corporate oil and gas .

It's got fek all to do with fox news daily mailetc.

You are the polar opposite of them.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Ked said:

How about not just assuming people who disagree with you are fed propaganda and you are filled with the truth?

If you are that far gone in partisan politics that you honestly believe Biden is mentally capable to be president then that's on you.

I'm looking at the current president who is knee deep in corporate oil and gas .

I've read through this exchange and still don't see what justifies the tag of 2nd worst president.

What's he done, as president, to prompt it?

Because @Kedseems intent on making me out to be a Biden fanboy just because I don't think he's the second-worst President in US history, I want to be clear.

Biden is going to forgive 10k in student loans. That's kind of shit, he should be cancelling all interest on student loans and give all loan-holders principal credit for interest paid. But at least we're getting some student loan forgiveness, which hasn't happened in decades. That's good.

Biden expanded health care subsidies under the ACA. That's kind of shit, the ACA, while better than nothing, has still left our health insurance system deeply broken and leaving people out. However, the GOP wanted those subsidies to expire completely, which would have thrown a lot of people off insurance and into desperation. So I'm glad they got that.

Biden got a bipartisan milquetost gun control measure passed. It's incredibly weak and still leaves the US in a state of gun-soaked frenzy that the rest of the world is terrified of. But at least it has clip limits and universal background checks, which people have been talking about doing for 30 years but haven't done. So, yay.

He still far oversold what he could accomplish, and he spent far, far too much time trying to court the now completely cynical and nihilistic GOP to working with him. But given the situation he's been dealt in Congress, he's done fine. "Fine" isn't great, but it's fine.

No because you tried to make out along with JFK-1 I'm a trump fan of and uneducated fox news daily mail with friends who share the same views I'm calling you out.

He's a fekin disaster of a representation of the US.

But your black and white polarised good or bad pitiful political outlook means immediate shite argument.

His record in politics shows what he is but you blindly defend him.

I'm looking for something a bit better than you.

I'm not content with shite politics shite religious beliefs.

Stroll on led in your superior self importance.

And therez plenty I can cite about how shite a leader Biden is.

You put him on a pedestal all you want.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 minutes ago, Ked said:

When I asked for proof, I didn't want news articles about things that appear in common grade school US history books. I meant about Biden's mental capacity. Where did you get this idea? What makes you think "everyone" thinks it?

Because no one I know thinks it, aside from a few Fox News junkies. If it's so obvious, there should be more material than Biden's long-known stutter or his foot getting caught in his bike toe clip. Because quite literally, those are the only two things I've ever seen anyone present as evidence. As I mentioned, it's every bit as ridiculous as a video of HRC being careful on an icy stairway making the rounds with chuds everywhere saying it meant she was feeble. (In case anyone is still wandering, Clinton, another politician I'm no fan of, has been repeatedly seen out hiking steep trails in the area where she lives.)

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I've read through this exchange and still don't see what justifies the tag of 2nd worst president.

What's he done, as president, to prompt it?

He's not the president though is he?

Do you honestly believe he's anyway in charge?

When I asked for proof, I didn't want news articles about things that appear in common grade school US history books. I meant about Biden's mental capacity. Where did you get this idea? What makes you think "everyone" thinks it?

Because no one I know thinks it, aside from a few Fox News junkies. If it's so obvious, there should be more material than Biden's long-known stutter or his foot getting caught in his bike toe clip. Because quite literally, those are the only two things I've ever seen anyone present as evidence. As I mentioned, it's every bit as ridiculous as a video of HRC being careful on an icy stairway making the rounds with chuds everywhere saying it meant she was feeble. (In case anyone is still wandering, Clinton, another politician I'm no fan of, has been repeatedly seen out hiking steep trails in the area where she lives.)

Fox newsjunkies.

Fek off you absolute dafty.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

No because you tried to make out along with JFK-1 I'm a trump fan of and uneducated fox news daily mail with friends who share the same views I'm calling you out.

He's a fekin disaster of a representation of the US.

But your black and white polarised good or bad pitiful political outlook means immediate shite argument.

His record in politics shows what he is but you blindly defend him.

I'm looking for something a bit better than you.

I'm not content with shite politics shite religious beliefs.

Stroll on led in your superior self importance.

And therez plenty I can cite about how shite a leader Biden is.

You put him on a pedestal all you want.

Read my post again and  tell me I'm black and white. Point to me where I've said you're uneducated, or a Trump fan. Do it or I'm going to start reporting your posts for abuse.

You called Biden the second-worst President in history, and you say *I* am the one being black-and-white?

I don't think you're uneducated. I don't think you're a Trump fan. I only think you're a fan of the Murdoch outlets because that's the only place I've EVER seen some of the shit you're spouting.

I merely think you're talking shite without evidence and resorting to name-calling when called to back it up.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Yes, the regular detailed reports I read in the about 10 different news outlets that I check on a weekly basis give me every reason to believe that he is acting as President in full capacity, and I have never seen anything even slightly credible that suggests otherwise.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Ked said:

Most serious democrats know what Biden is.

Punch and Judy political argument is not for me.

One more and you're reported for abuse.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Ked said:

Wait, is he the second worst president, or is he not president at all?

What, specifically, makes you say he's the second worst president?

With trump we can point at examples of lies, stupidity, vanity and corruption. What are you pointing at with Biden?

Edited by Smithee

Considering the state of the place when Trumpton was finally ousted, Biden's done as well as could have been expected.

He's steadying the ship without being spectacular.

He's gotten some big bills passed despite trouble in both Houses and a hostile Supreme Court.

Everything hinges on the mid-terms in november. 

Nothing less than the continued existence of Democracy in the USA is at stake.
That's not even hyperbole. That's what's on the table.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Wait, is he the second worst president, or is he not president at all?

What, specifically, makes you say he's the second worst president?

With trump we can point at examples of lies, stupidity, vanity and corruption. What are you pointing at with Biden?

Tell ye what .

Let's stick a person whose so obviously suffering from senility 8n charge of your affairs Smithhe.

Let him sort yer bills etc.

Unbelievable

Unknown user
Just now, Ked said:

Tell ye what .

Let's stick a person whose so obviously suffering from senility 8n charge of your affairs Smithhe.

Let him sort yer bills etc.

Unbelievable

"And therez plenty I can cite about how shite a leader Biden is."

Mon then.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Considering the state of the place when Trumpton was finally ousted, Biden's done as well as could have been expected.

He's steadying the ship without being spectacular.

He's gotten some big bills passed despite trouble in both Houses and a hostile Supreme Court.

Everything hinges on the mid-terms in november. 

Nothing less than the continued existence of Democracy in the USA is at stake.
That's not even hyperbole. That's what's on the table.

As well as could be expected.

Ffs Cade.

He was up against a fekin clown.

He has done nothing to heal the divide and in fact has used the race card against moderate republicans who some of are more to the left than he.

The US is dangerously polarised 

And I'm the one swallowing pishy newschannels.

Bidens a fekin joke following  on from a joke and ripping off us all because we are a joke voting public

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

"And therez plenty I can cite about how shite a leader Biden is."

Mon then.

I only started want me to show you how to do a basic research.

Or do you just pick sides and stick to it.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)