U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

33 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Twenty years ago I got a round of applause from a group of students at an American university when I suggested Americans need to focus less on the first and more on the second part of their hyphenated national identities. Those students were mainly of Hispanic origin. 

It's an odd thing, and it almost certainly derives from the fact that America is a country of immigrants and the descendants of immigrants. 

One way or another, when it comes to excuses or reasons for handing the White House to Donald Trump, empathy for Palestinians was not on my bingo card.

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The likelihood of Trump being jailed for contempt of court is greatly increasing, Glenn Kirschner thinks this judge will jail him before this trial is over. But Kirschner also thinks Trump is angling to be jailed, because it suits the victim card Trump tries to play plus it's another reason to ask for money.

Trump has now begun abusing the jurors before they're even all seated. Trump hating liars all of them, which he posted on his troof soshul after some Fox pundit told a lie about the jurors. and I wouldn't be surprised if he actually outs one of them despite the fact they have a privacy guarantee, his lawyers know who they are so will he through them.

Standard mob strategy of intimidating witnesses and jurors. Though even the mob typically don't try to go after judges and prosecutors plus their families, Trump does. And the mob typically don't have a mainstream TV channel making up their lies and disseminating it for them. Trump does.

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

The likelihood of Trump being jailed for contempt of court is greatly increasing, Glenn Kirschner thinks this judge will jail him before this trial is over. But Kirschner also thinks Trump is angling to be jailed, because it suits the victim card Trump tries to play plus it's another reason to ask for money.

Trump has now begun abusing the jurors before they're even all seated. Trump hating liars all of them, which he posted on his troof soshul after some Fox pundit told a lie about the jurors. and I wouldn't be surprised if he actually outs one of them despite the fact they have a privacy guarantee, his lawyers know who they are so will he through them.

Standard mob strategy of intimidating witnesses and jurors. Though even the mob typically don't try to go after judges and prosecutors plus their families, Trump does. And the mob typically don't have a mainstream TV channel making up their lies and disseminating it for them. Trump does.

Does anyone actually believe that this is Presidential behavior? I can well imagine what this bitter, twisted individual will be like if he ever gets back into the White House.  It will be ugly.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Does anyone actually believe that this is Presidential behavior? I can well imagine what this bitter, twisted individual will be like if he ever gets back into the White House.  It will be ugly.

Unfortunately, Trump's unpresidential  behaviour is what has attracted a lot of his supporters in the 1st place. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Ukraine aid may finally be moving, as of Saturday. In response, the most unhinged of the far right in the GOP House caucus are throwing the kitchen sink at stopping it, including a very likely motion to vacate the chair of the Speaker (again!).

Republicans, who have slowly made their entire party identity down to nothing except that everything that Democrats want is wrong, are starting to make private entreaties to Democrats as to what it would take to save Johnson. Jeffries has made it clear that in order to get Democratic votes, the Speaker has to share some small but meaningful amount of power with them, which is a non-starter in the current GOP's fevered state.

I have no idea how this ends and seemingly neither do people who are normally good at this sort of thing. But Johnson, to his (very small) credit, seems like he's done with dancing to the wingnuts' tune.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/house-installs-new-speaker-yolo-johnson/sharetoken/xZyvtn87IReB

cosanostra

Is he still denying even putting away Stormy Daniels in the first place? When this trial starts and he swears on the bible or whatever they do, won't he be perjering himself and open to all other kinds of criminal action?

Surely the first question will be putting up a photo of Stormy and asking "did you hit that bro?" but in legalese.

Jim_Duncan
2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Is he still denying even putting away Stormy Daniels in the first place? When this trial starts and he swears on the bible or whatever they do, won't he be perjering himself and open to all other kinds of criminal action?

Surely the first question will be putting up a photo of Stormy and asking "did you hit that bro?" but in legalese.

For a man who boasted of grabbing women by the pussy, it's quite apt that he now appears to be getting gripped by his own parts.

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

:laugh:

7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I hope they ask her if there are any identifying marks below his waist that only someone who has been intimate🤢 with him, would know about. Then the judge forces him to drop his drawers in court to see if she is telling the truth😂

Edited by Canscot

il Duce McTarkin
7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

:lol:

All roads lead to Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Canscot said:

I hope they ask her if there are any identifying marks below his waist that only someone who has been intimate🤢 with him, would know about. Then the judge forces him to drop his drawers in court to see if she is telling the truth😂

I think everything below Trump's waist will be put under the microscope, literally 😉

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I think everything below Trump's waist will be put under the microscope, literally 😉

He would have to take his nappy off...  They best of Nappy's - Everyone says Trump only has the best Nappys - all the people, they want the nappys, but they cant have them.  He knew a man who was a cowboy and he knew about nappys.  I think he might have taught Clint Eastwood everything he knows.  What happened to him, sad, so sad.  

Edited by Bigsmak