U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Hannity suggesting that President Biden either, retire, resign or be removed, and Kamala along with him. I would think he has someone in mind to take over, but who could that be. 

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bob Woodward and co author Costa have just released their new book on Trumps last days as President.It is claimed that in his last day Trump ordered all U.S troops to be withdrawn from Afghanistan the military talked him into countermanding that order.. General Miley ordered that any Trump orders go through he and that nothing Trump orders be carried out  . The word insanity comes up in the book, the news channels are covering it closely, its a shocker, but nothing that some of us didn't suspect at the time. Pelosi is quoted and she also opines that Trump has mental problems . 

A Boy Named Crow
10 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Bob Woodward and co author Costa have just released their new book on Trumps last days as President.It is claimed that in his last day Trump ordered all U.S troops to be withdrawn from Afghanistan the military talked him into countermanding that order.. General Miley ordered that any Trump orders go through he and that nothing Trump orders be carried out  . The word insanity comes up in the book, the news channels are covering it closely, its a shocker, but nothing that some of us didn't suspect at the time. Pelosi is quoted and she also opines that Trump has mental problems . 

Doubt it'll even register with his supporters.  If they could be reasoned out of their love for Trump, it'd have happened a long, long time ago. We are dealing with an uncharted level of stupidity with these people...

According to Bob Woodward, Trump told Pence if he didn't overthrow the election results he "didn't want to be his friend anymore". 😆

It's tragic that the president trying to subvert democracy is seen as normal now, but it's still kinda funny that the most powerful man in the world dishes out threats like a petulant school girl.

10 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Doubt it'll even register with his supporters.  If they could be reasoned out of their love for Trump, it'd have happened a long, long time ago. We are dealing with an uncharted level of stupidity with these people...

I agree somewhere around 18th September there is talk of there being another large action by Trump's more violent support, even some reports of activists attending armed.

Just now, Sharpie said:

I agree somewhere around 18th September there is talk of there being another large action by Trump's more violent support, even some reports of activists attending armed.

Hope the nutters try another coup. 🍿🍿🍿🍿

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Hope the nutters try another coup. 🍿🍿🍿🍿

Yeah I wish they'd STFU and get on with it, I want to see them shit their pants live as they realise how much they've bitten off.

A Boy Named Crow

Joe Biden appears to have forgotten the Australian prime minister's name during the announcement of a nuclear submarine deal between the US, UK and Australia.

Not a good look for the US president,  but I reckon Morrison is secretly hoping "That fella down under" sticks. He's been known as "Scotty From Marketing" here for years!

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/sep/16/joe-biden-forgets-scott-morrisons-name-during-historic-pact-announcement

Seymour M Hersh
21 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Whatever happened to the August "uprising" that was being predicted?  Or was it June or July........

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Whatever happened to the August "uprising" that was being predicted?  Or was it June or July........

Washington DC is at the moment preparing fences around the Capitol and White House, the National Guard has been asked for and all police leaves cancelled. The demonstrations are set to take place September 18, when the participants will be protesting the actions being taken against six hundred of the January sixth Insurrectionists.

I apologise if I caused you any inconvenience in my erroneous stating of an August, or even June or July, date. As I was in my extensive police days I am only as good as my informants, however like a good sniper you managed to  take aim out of your concealment and take an opportunity to snipe. 

This action has been anticipated by law enforcement for months, informants have been advising that various groups also associated with the 6th January incident have been talking regularly. News channels have been reporting it as I with good intent but with no personal contact with law enforcement or others, Trump and his support have been consistently repeating the rigged election story, and a recent news item stated that 74% of Republicans  have supported his claims.

It was a matter of interest that the recent California recall election to remove the Governor would give a reading on Trump support, although California is heavily Democrat it was thought it may show any swing in support. Newsom  the sitting Governor a Democrat did in fact win in a landslide.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, I am no expert and do not claim high levels of knowledge in the Politics of the United States. I am an avid news watcher, and Kickback being my main source for comment and conversation will pass what I hear on those news channels, I would not expect anyone to be sitting in anticipation of occurrences based on my posts, or to be honest sitting waiting for an opportunity to criticise. Sometimes I do wish I was in Edinburgh and have some of the discussions face to face. 

Seymour M Hersh

I only asked whatever happened to the planned riots the Dems and usual suspects in the media were predicting to take place. Oh yes, they never happened. All the prep work is no doubt the handiwork of Madeline Burke (from Blindspot) AKA Pelosi. How you get on to Newsom and California is anyones guess. 

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I only asked whatever happened to the planned riots the Dems and usual suspects in the media were predicting to take place. Oh yes, they never happened. All the prep work is no doubt the handiwork of Madeline Burke (from Blindspot) AKA Pelosi. How you get on to Newsom and California is anyones guess. 

You are allowing a serious personality problem to interfere with your comments.Let me answer reasonably . If as you state the planned demonstrations did not take place, why other than to be mischievous did you even ask.

Your comment about Pelosi I am sorry it just doesn't make sense.

I referred to Newsom in California as it was seen as a possible guide to any changes in voting because of current events. Republicans presented a strong candidate for the election. If there had been a dramatic change in California voting, it could mean a difference in the upcoming midterm elections.

If you take a high level of pleasure in baiting me, thats fine, it casts no negative on me or my opinions, it however does not cast a strong light on yourself a proud man no doubt who declines to even use his own name when on attack mode. It is indeed complimentary in a way that I still have the ability to irritate someone to the level I have you. Nemo Me Impune Laccessit.

Seymour M Hersh
45 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

You are allowing a serious personality problem to interfere with your comments.Let me answer reasonably . If as you state the planned demonstrations did not take place, why other than to be mischievous did you even ask.

Your comment about Pelosi I am sorry it just doesn't make sense.

I referred to Newsom in California as it was seen as a possible guide to any changes in voting because of current events. Republicans presented a strong candidate for the election. If there had been a dramatic change in California voting, it could mean a difference in the upcoming midterm elections.

If you take a high level of pleasure in baiting me, thats fine, it casts no negative on me or my opinions, it however does not cast a strong light on yourself a proud man no doubt who declines to even use his own name when on attack mode. It is indeed complimentary in a way that I still have the ability to irritate someone to the level I have you. Nemo Me Impune Laccessit.

Wow, just wow. That's some accusation you make there. I'm not in the least interested in baiting you as you suggest. So I'll take my leave from any further discourse with you. 

Jeffros Furios
14 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Wow, just wow. That's some accusation you make there. I'm not in the least interested in baiting you as you suggest. So I'll take my leave from any further discourse with you. 

Grow up ffs , stop acting like a wee bairn 

Seymour M Hersh
12 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Grow up ffs , stop acting like a wee bairn 

I'll not bother taking any advice from you old chap. Thanks for butting in though. 

SpruceBringsteen

I doubt the fat old granny will even be alive in 2024. Be class seeing the intellectually stunted screwballs scream it was down to THE ELITE ILLUMINATI COMMUNISTS though, rather than "too many cakes"

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What has happened?

The United States if a person would be committed to a facility for those suffering mental illness. You have a former President who is still harping on about an election he lost having been rigged. He makes inflamatory statements about the election, and its all for the benefit of those who would seek violence to revoke the results. 

On the other side you have a very elderly gentleman who has difficulty making his verbal presentations, he loses his train of thought, fights to clear his throat, and loses his place in his notes. The Border Security issue has run amok, thousands crossing illegally daily, more fodder for his critics. His role in the Afghanistan evacuation was a disaster, now the Taliban are being described as ruthless murderers, thieves, and anything else criminal that can be used in a descriptive manner. He has appointed a Vice President, that has virtually disappeared, and who it is believed has authority and responsibility for the Border management. 

The Republicans praise Trump, and admire his proposed actions if the Treaty with the Taliban was not being upheld by they, his solution was to act militarily, and bomb them into oblivion. Not bad for a man who signed a Treaty to end a twenty year war. 

Groups such as the Pretty Boys and others of the same ilk, are just waiting orders to repeat the actions of January sixth. The two political parties are diametrically opposed, and the political emotions and feelings are threatening to become personal. It really is a sad, and frightening situation, for me, I have no cards in the game, but its like being on traffic duty and seeing two cars heading for each other and you can do nothing about it.

The Real Maroonblood
47 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

The United States if a person would be committed to a facility for those suffering mental illness. You have a former President who is still harping on about an election he lost having been rigged. He makes inflamatory statements about the election, and its all for the benefit of those who would seek violence to revoke the results. 

On the other side you have a very elderly gentleman who has difficulty making his verbal presentations, he loses his train of thought, fights to clear his throat, and loses his place in his notes. The Border Security issue has run amok, thousands crossing illegally daily, more fodder for his critics. His role in the Afghanistan evacuation was a disaster, now the Taliban are being described as ruthless murderers, thieves, and anything else criminal that can be used in a descriptive manner. He has appointed a Vice President, that has virtually disappeared, and who it is believed has authority and responsibility for the Border management. 

The Republicans praise Trump, and admire his proposed actions if the Treaty with the Taliban was not being upheld by they, his solution was to act militarily, and bomb them into oblivion. Not bad for a man who signed a Treaty to end a twenty year war. 

Groups such as the Pretty Boys and others of the same ilk, are just waiting orders to repeat the actions of January sixth. The two political parties are diametrically opposed, and the political emotions and feelings are threatening to become personal. It really is a sad, and frightening situation, for me, I have no cards in the game, but its like being on traffic duty and seeing two cars heading for each other and you can do nothing about it.

Excellent post. 

59 minutes ago, Ked said:

Are the media ignoring or covering up for Biden.

It's just not right and there is no way he is in charge.

In my humble opinion the conservative media neglect to mention any of Trump weaknesses and failings, but comment on all of Bidens.

In my humble opinion the liberal media neglect to mention any of Bidens weaknesses and failings but comment on all of Trumps.

Meanwhile I watch them both, realise that they are practising political propaganda, and try with the meagre means I have available intellectually to make some sense and compromise out of both. It is difficult because Trump primarily contains just about everything that I see in a horrible person. Biden unfortunately who may be quite a nice man to meet socially, and having been in his age group in the past realise that he just does not really have what it takes to be the leader of a massive nation, with extreme world responsibilities.

46 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

In my humble opinion the conservative media neglect to mention any of Trump weaknesses and failings, but comment on all of Bidens.

In my humble opinion the liberal media neglect to mention any of Bidens weaknesses and failings but comment on all of Trumps.

Meanwhile I watch them both, realise that they are practising political propaganda, and try with the meagre means I have available intellectually to make some sense and compromise out of both. It is difficult because Trump primarily contains just about everything that I see in a horrible person. Biden unfortunately who may be quite a nice man to meet socially, and having been in his age group in the past realise that he just does not really have what it takes to be the leader of a massive nation, with extreme world responsibilities.

I just watch newsnight bbc and itv news.

I suppose I wouldn't expect bbc and itv flagship to question Biden and they took a while to raise eyebrows at Trump.

But newsnigh ?

It's not that he doesnt cut it .He is obviously ill and that means he is not running the show.

So who is ?

And that isnt right.I obviously am not qualified but it's so obvious.

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

At least Biden isn't a narcissistic psychopath.

I have said all along that I quite like Joe Biden elderly man. He is everything morally Trump wasn't, and possibly even as little as ten years ago would have been a very good President, but he just isn't the man for todays job. Its dificult to see who is going to replace he and Trump in the future, no shining stars in the Presidential sky.

38 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I have said all along that I quite like Joe Biden elderly man. He is everything morally Trump wasn't, and possibly even as little as ten years ago would have been a very good President, but he just isn't the man for todays job. Its dificult to see who is going to replace he and Trump in the future, no shining stars in the Presidential sky.

You should check the Montreal Cognitive test that Trump thought was hard and then ponder he had nuke codes. 

8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

You should check the Montreal Cognitive test that Trump thought was hard and then ponder he had nuke codes. 

I didn't know it was available, but certainly heard him boast about passing it. It is the sort of thing I would keep quiet about that I had to even take the test.

16 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I didn't know it was available, but certainly heard him boast about passing it. It is the sort of thing I would keep quiet about that I had to even take the test.

It's probably the only test he ever passed himself, he had to brag about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Unknown user
On 24/09/2021 at 12:32, Seymour M Hersh said:

Sleepy Joe has possibly used S Corporations incorrectly (he's not alone there) as a tax dodge and be due the IRS up to $500k. 

Any news on ****y Donald's taxes?

On 04/10/2021 at 07:59, Smithee said:

Any news on ****y Donald's taxes?

They reckon it's been quiet and will kick off again soon. 

Worth noting that another narcissist from Trump's former "inner circle" is suggesting he might not be healthy enough to run in 2024 and he needs to be truthful to the public about his health.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/575130-omarosa-manigault-trump-may-not-even-be-healthy-enough-to-run-in-2024

55 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

They reckon it's been quiet and will kick off again soon. 

Worth noting that another narcissist from Trump's former "inner circle" is suggesting he might not be healthy enough to run in 2024 and he needs to be truthful to the public about his health.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/575130-omarosa-manigault-trump-may-not-even-be-healthy-enough-to-run-in-2024

Just heard a little bit on the news that Trump is warning Governor DeSantis not to think about running for President in the next election as he is and wants no competition. It leaves me totally  amazed that a man like Trump,  total character of the worst things humanity can have against an individual and he has taken over an old political party, and has engendered a cultist type following that based on the current Democrat performance could grow substantially over the next couple of years. A media reporter recently commented that the main news outlets are no longer reporting the news they are spouting propaganda.

Not specifically about Trump but his "Team Boy" turned up on a normal news channel and started getting asked about the criminal investigations about sex trafficking.  

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/matt-gaetz-joel-greenberg-interview-b1933591.html

Gaetz is an embarrassment of a politician. 

I used to laugh at the daft yanks voting for a total nut job like trump but then I watch in horror the prime minister of the UK and realise we have no right to laugh

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I used to laugh at the daft yanks voting for a total nut job like trump but then I watch in horror the prime minister of the UK and realise we have no right to laugh

They’re exactly the same.

Full of shite.

17 hours ago, XB52 said:

have you taken a peak at the shortbread tin FM?

• 4 weeks later...
The Mighty Thor

Anyone seen the stuff on Twitter from Dealey Plaza in Texas?

QAnon/Trumpers gathering to await the comeback from the dead of JFK Jr to run on the 2024 ticket with Trump. 

:cornette:

53 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Anyone seen the stuff on Twitter from Dealey Plaza in Texas?

QAnon/Trumpers gathering to await the comeback from the dead of JFK Jr to run on the 2024 ticket with Trump. 

:cornette:

What? They're genuinely waiting for a dead democrat to show up?

The Mighty Thor
44 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What? They're genuinely waiting for a dead democrat to show up?

Apparently so. 

What a time to be alive. 

If John Kennedy was still alive, he'd be 104 years old.

Mind you, Americans seem to like having old white men as their President.  :wheelchair:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)