U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

So the FBI, the Justice Department along with at least one federal judge and goodness knows how many other law enforcement and judicial authorities, are lying and have just made this all up.

:conspiracy:

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, kila said:

This thread going to get more interesting now James is banging that drum

I'm in a mischievous mood today.....

R (19).gif

6 hours ago, Ked said:

They love their guns more than their neighbours.

It's a public health issue that's been growing for decades.I can't see it changing .Wild figures just wild

Yep and this really is one issue where I consider both sides complicit. 

it’s only ever a mass shooting that leads to huge media attention. The thousands of people that die from handguns every month aren’t even worthy of consideration. 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

So the FBI, the Justice Department along with at least one federal judge and goodness knows how many other law enforcement and judicial authorities, are lying and have just made this all up.

It amazes me how one human being can be consistently wrong about so many things. 

Even a stopped clock gets it right.

A Boy Named Crow
2 hours ago, kila said:

This thread going to get more interesting now James is banging that drum

I'm not saying it definitely won't happen, but it'd almost certainly be the first time James wading into a debate with his half-baked ramblings had made the thread more interesting...

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Not buying the crap about nuclear documents etc. Load of bollocks really. Some gullible people out there really. 

We really need to hear the opinion of Alex Jones.  He'll give us the straight goods.

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

We really need to hear the opinion of Alex Jones.  He'll give us the straight goods.

I’m just taking it all with a pinch of salt really . 

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’m just taking it all with a pinch of salt really . 

I think that Trump selling top secret info to the Saudis for billions is bollocks.

As for the rest, nothing about Trump should surprise anyone anymore.  He's the kind of guy who'd steal towels from hotels.

2 things from my reading

1. Trump can't just declaissify documents. 

2. He can still run for President facing a criminal trial. 

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

I think that Trump selling top secret info to the Saudis for billions is bollocks.

As for the rest, nothing about Trump should surprise anyone anymore.  He's the kind of guy who'd steal towels from hotels.

You mean the towels aren’t complimentary gifts?! 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It amazes me how one human being can be consistently wrong about so many things. 

Even a stopped clock gets it right.

The poster is a slaver.

Watt-Zeefuik

The entire raid was captured on Trump's own CCTV system. If he thinks they planted evidence, he should have it on tape.

GOP and Tory types absolutely desperate to not see Trump for who he plainly is.

Watt-Zeefuik
11 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

A little news gem about the US which hasn't gained much publicity is that there were a record number of gun deaths in the USA in 2021, nearly 49,000 in one year.

Just to put that in perspective, the total number of US deaths in the entire Vietnam War was 58,000

I think the Republicans need to put more focus on their Thoughts and Prayers initiative.

In case this didn't make it beyond the borders, Beto O'Rourke who foolishly had a brief run for the Democratic Presidential primary in 2020, is running for governor of the most gun-loving state in the nation and he's running explicitly on gun control.

The usual suspects are grabbing their pearls because they're more appalled by his F-bomb than by Uvalde.

I just heard an interesting thing on the news last night. All the talk at the moment is about Trump and classified documents, what I heard surprised me is that the President is the one who decides which documents are classified,so if that is the case Trump could possibly be being investigated for having possession of classified documents that he classified. Only in America.

32 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I just heard an interesting thing on the news last night. All the talk at the moment is about Trump and classified documents, what I heard surprised me is that the President is the one who decides which documents are classified,so if that is the case Trump could possibly be being investigated for having possession of classified documents that he classified. Only in America.

20220813_170506.jpg

20220813_170558.jpg

Some documents, such as those relating to nuclear weapons, are automatically classified and cannot be declassified other than by both Houses.

Added to that is the fact that all of these records belong to the Federal state, not the President, and he's not supposed to remove ANY files from the archives at all.

Edited by Cade

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I'm not saying it definitely won't happen, but it'd almost certainly be the first time James wading into a debate with his half-baked ramblings had made the thread more interesting...

b232a8055c81b6f9064408e027501616.gif

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

6 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Maybe the documents transitioned from unclassified to classified while Trump wasn't looking 

A President can declassify documents, an ex President cannot. And he has to fill in all-sorts of forms before it even happens. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

20220813_170506.jpg

20220813_170558.jpg

Whoever this is, is full of shite. (Not Immerman)

Edited by ri Alban

5 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

The entire raid was captured on Trump's own CCTV system. If he thinks they planted evidence, he should have it on tape.

GOP and Tory types absolutely desperate to not see Trump for who he plainly is.

And still you'll get some claiming the footage has been doctored.  Yeh, doctored whilst still in Trump's office, sure...

As for the supposed planted evidence, that'll be the documents that Trump's lawyers have been in negotiations with the DoJ for the return off, wow, negotiating the return of documents that haven't even been planted yet......that's a new one on me.

What I don't think some people realise is that Trump has already returned 15 boxes of documents, documents that he shouldn't have had in the first place, and that this FBI raid was to secure the return of the other documents that Trump had been dragging his heels to return.

An article from February.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/25/trump-national-archives-documents-florida-mar-a-lago

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

29 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And still you'll get some claiming the footage has been doctored.  Yeh, doctored whilst still in Trump's office, sure...

As for the supposed planted evidence, that'll be the documents that Trump's lawyers have been in negotiations with the DoJ for the return off, wow, negotiating the return of documents that haven't even been planted yet......that's a new one on me.

What I don't think some people realise is that Trump has already returned 15 boxes of documents, documents that he shouldn't have had in the first place, and that this FBI raid was to secure the return of the other documents that Trump had been dragging his heels to return.

An article from February.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/25/trump-national-archives-documents-florida-mar-a-lago

:spoton:

Watt-Zeefuik

As Josh points out in this post, it's notable that after scrambling to find the right way to posture, since the news about the documents and the warrant have come out, GOP electeds have disappeared into radio silence.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/flying-blind-2/sharetoken/Yhy7uaD6vzOQ

Josh also notes that the "implicitly declassified" bit is transparently bullshit, and is the sound of someone who's no longer listening to his lawyers on what to say. It's oddly reminiscent of the last days before BoJo announced he was going to step down—send all your good soldiers out to do a media tour with an incredibly flimsy defence that you swear up and down to them is true, then they get caught looking foolish when it blows away.

16 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Not buying the crap about nuclear documents etc. Load of bollocks really. Some gullible people out there really. 

We know, you just demonstrated it. That's an incredible detachment from reality.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

We know, you just demonstrated it. That's an incredible detachment from reality.

Or, a pisstake ;)

Like many people I have been wondering why in the world Trump would take these most sensitive documents. From there you start thinking okay let's say he's crazy enough, treasonous enough, to want to peddle these documents to enemy nations, like his long time hero Putin.

And now I have just seen these people speculating exactly the same thing. What if it were discovered Trump had been revealing information crucial for national security to enemy agents? Then what?

A Boy Named Crow
14 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

b232a8055c81b6f9064408e027501616.gif

Exactly!

I thought,  what if they respond in an articulate, well thought out,  articulate way? Boy will I look like the *****!

Thankfully you just did you...

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

"I NEVER HAD ANY FILES IT'S ALL A SET UP"

"Sir, you already returned several boxes of files and we were in talks with your people about you returning the rest of the files. The ones you had not returned were classified top secret regarding nuclear weapons so we decided to come get them ourselves."

"I DECLASSIFIED THEM"

"Sir, you did not. You had no legal way of declassifying files. Some files are by definition classified and top secret and that status cannot be changed. And besides, those files are property of the Federal government, not you, and are not supposed to be removed from the archives for any reason."

"WITCH HUNT"

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Like many people I have been wondering why in the world Trump would take these most sensitive documents. From there you start thinking okay let's say he's crazy enough, treasonous enough, to want to peddle these documents to enemy nations, like his long time hero Putin.

And now I have just seen these people speculating exactly the same thing. What if it were discovered Trump had been revealing information crucial for national security to enemy agents? Then what?

Perhaps because they couldn't be copied in their secure location, thus would have to removed to copy them.

However the orange git had 4 years to secretly take them out, copy them and put them back.  To have these documents in the first place shows a massive breach of security or possibly an inside job, that being the case they could have put loyal Trump brainwashed tw**s in security, get the documents out and back and nobody would have been any the wiser.

16 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Perhaps because they couldn't be copied in their secure location, thus would have to removed to copy them.

However the orange git had 4 years to secretly take them out, copy them and put them back.  To have these documents in the first place shows a massive breach of security or possibly an inside job, that being the case they could have put loyal Trump brainwashed tw**s in security, get the documents out and back and nobody would have been any the wiser.

And here's the thing, he was keeping them in a country club FFS. A place with thousands of people passing through it, sometimes crowded. Anybody could be in there at any given time.

And here's another thing, it's been all over the news since the beginning of the year that this complete idiot had taken official documents from the white house and was keeping them at this feckin country club. Think enemy agents don't watch the news?

I think given the unsecure location and the public knowledge he had documents they're going to have to be considered compromised.

If they're that vital if you were say the Pentagon would you consider them safe after being with this complete and utter moron for all that time? Or would you think I have to proceed from a position of assuming compromised?

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

😁

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Or, a pisstake ;)

Yep Imagine if i might be the biggest troll ever on this ?  YOU just never know. 

image-23-10-21-06-58-14.gif

35 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

And here's the thing, he was keeping them in a country club FFS. A place with thousands of people passing through it, sometimes crowded. Anybody could be in there at any given time.

And here's another thing, it's been all over the news since the beginning of the year that this complete idiot had taken official documents from the white house and was keeping them at this feckin country club. Think enemy agents don't watch the news?

I think given the unsecure location and the public knowledge he had documents they're going to have to be considered compromised.

If they're that vital if you were say the Pentagon would you consider them safe after being with this complete and utter moron for all that time? Or would you think I have to proceed from a position of assuming compromised?

But that's the perfect excuse. 

Oh a foreign spy must have snuck into this room photoed the files and fled, we never passed on the information.........honest guv.

And yes, the whole of the intelligence community must assume that the files have been compromised, not just the Pentagon, but also friendly nations as well. 

I just hope that the truth comes out and that Trump is proved beyond any doubts to be the traitor that many believe that he is and has been for a long time.

21 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

But that's the perfect excuse. 

Oh a foreign spy must have snuck into this room photoed the files and fled, we never passed on the information.........honest guv.

Think that might actually be incriminating, the very reason it's illegal to take them in the first place. I'm going to post a clip in which there's a suggestion of how he obtained such sensitive documents.

Trump is a noted non reader, from the beginning of his disastrous tenure there were always stories coming out about how they couldn't get him to read anything. More than a couple of paragraphs and he loses interest. People around him have actually said extremely short attention span.

But apparently he was different when it was intelligence documents. Would "grab" them and leave the room with them, to do what no one knows. But he was seen doing this and it apparently "worried people all the time"

Guy who never reads anything, but will "grab" intelligence reports. Why did they just worry instead of doing something about it? I can only think the sheer stupidity and audacity of this orange clown was so far off what they're used to dealing with at that level people were simply stunned into doing nothing but some head shaking.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Think that might actually be incriminating, the very reason it's illegal to take them in the first place. I'm going to post a clip in which there's a suggestion of how he obtained such sensitive documents.

Trump is a noted non reader, from the beginning of his disastrous tenure there were always stories coming out about how they couldn't get him to read anything. More than a couple of paragraphs and he loses interest. People around him have actually said extremely short attention span.

But apparently he was different when it was intelligence documents. Would "grab" them and leave the room with them, to do what no one knows. But he was seen doing this and it apparently "worried people all the time"

Guy who never reads anything, but will "grab" intelligence reports. Why did they just worry instead of doing something about it? I can only think the sheer stupidity and audacity of this orange clown was so far off what they're used to dealing with at that level people were simply stunned into doing nothing but some head shaking.

What's he on about with client - attorney privileged documents? That just means his lawyer can't hand them over, it doesn't mean they're not subject to the law!

18 hours ago, Smithee said:

What's he on about with client - attorney privileged documents? That just means his lawyer can't hand them over, it doesn't mean they're not subject to the law!

It's just more meaningless bullshit as he staggers from one pile of bullshit to another. As each of his preceding piles of bullshit are shoveled up by new facts.

“Donald Trump and his allies have desperately attempted to spin this story. They have been frantically cycling through excuses, trying to come up with some explanation for why Trump had 11 sets of classified documents in his home at Mar-a-Lago.”

1 minute ago, Cade said:

"THEY TOOK ALL MY PASSPORTS!!"

:gok:

Which is interesting. They would only do that if they thought he was a flight risk.

It's all crumbling, they're taking out the capos first, closing in on the Don. The net is closing and you have to wonder if Rudy will turn rat.

‘America’s Mayor’ Giuliani Now Criminal Target In Georgia Election Probe

Edited by JFK-1

Meanwhile, in the background, the GOP is installing "big lie" supporters as election officials in red states across the nation, so they can actually steal the next election.

Unknown user
56 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It's all crumbling, they're taking out the capos first, closing in on the Don. The net is closing and you have to wonder if Rudy will turn rat.

‘America’s Mayor’ Giuliani Now Criminal Target In Georgia Election Probe

I seem to remember Trump never paid him, is that right?

1 hour ago, Cade said:

"THEY TOOK ALL MY PASSPORTS!!"

:gok:

How many passports does he have?  Should only have one, shouldn't he.

36 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

How many passports does he have?  Should only have one, shouldn't he.

Allegedly the FBI seized three.

One US passport, one expired US passport and one other we don't know about yet (russian, perhaps?)

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Allegedly the FBI seized three.

One US passport, one expired US passport and one other we don't know about yet (russian, perhaps?)

Could be a Trumpton passport, the orange buffon thought it was for Trump Land and bought it.  :laugh:

Sawdust Caesar

The FBI and DHS have seen an upswing in death threats since the raid on Mar-A-Lago, so much for the MAGA lot supporting Blue Lives Matter.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)