Jump to content

Donald Trump and Joe Biden (title changed)


trex

Recommended Posts

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Listening to Trump in his “speech”.

Is it just me that can see various points of comparison with the kind of stuff that Hitler mesmerised the people of Germany with.

 

 

If you can see them then they are there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Maple Leaf

    1691

  • Justin Z

    1584

  • Jambo-Jimbo

    1389

  • JFK-1

    1359

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SectionDJambo
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

If you can see them then they are there.

I’ve said before that my mother was German. I still have many relatives in Germany. I had a lovely bunch of German uncles, who were young adults through the rise of Hitler. As a young adult, knowing the recent history of Germany, I could never understand how they could have listened to Hitler.

I could sense their embarrassment of the shame that had been brought on Germany.

When I hear Trump and see how easily he can whip up nationalistic feelings, I understand how my dear departed relatives were taken in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Listening to Trump in his “speech”.

Is it just me that can see various points of comparison with the kind of stuff that Hitler mesmerised the people of Germany with.

Creating bogeymen to scare the public with. Bogeymen who will commit sex crimes and worse unless action is taken against them. Immigration out of control going to affect current Americans. He’s done things that nobody else in history has ever done.

Taking credit for a vaccine production for a disease that he said didn’t exist. Saying he saved many American  lives from Covid when 500,000 Americans have died because of his inaction and denial.

No mention that Iran still has a nuclear program. No mention that North Korea still has a rocket program. Still claiming he won the election.

Still repeating the same lines over and over again, like the adoring crowd didn’t hear him first time.

Still denying that the US is responsible for any climate change.

History repeating itself.

I hope to goodness the Democrats can produce someone to win their next election. 

At the age I am I can little afford to waste two hours of my valuable life hours watching Donald Trump but I feel to properly criticise one must listen to the words. I have gone on the quote function to answer your query "is it  just me ". No. it isn't I listened to the full thing and his primary comments and his whole presentation was to me similar, frighteningly so to the Nazi presentations. His constant referencing to "our movement" had deep meaning. He was on stage to discuss the Republican part but in my opinion was offering himself as the leader of a movement.  He scored points I am sure with his followers the screaming dancing, chanting audience, when he suggested another run as President. After his extended criticism of everything Biden has done he eventually lapsed as expected, but against advice went in to an extended crying session about the theft of the election went into detail about how it was done.  My own constant thought throughout this was that he was inciting action by his base to do what was required to force his repositioning of the Presidency by violence if that was what it would take. He again stressed how well he has treated the police, and how strong he is against any defunding, in societies such as the United States and most of our own particular societies the police are basically apolitical, he is encouraging police support for his actions. His open criticisms of Republican politicians who have expressed their feelings about him was to say the least most improper and to suggest he would actually work against their future reelection is signs of dictatorialism which is actually unsurprising because I feel that is his ultimate goal, with he as the Great Dictator and his family as his heirs.

 

I watched the whole thing because I wanted to know first hand what he had to say, I am actually glad I did, it was too comprehensive to digest totally, but was enough for me to affirm my opinion that Donald Trump is mentally challenged, but having said that he does have the ability to sway people of like mind that he is the saviour, and there is no doubt in my mind that January 6 was only a precursor to what is ahead, and enhances my opinion that he is smart enough to sway the people who have the authority and the responsibility to serve and protect the people.

 

My last comment for the time being, hold  on to your hat, because this ride is just going to get faster. 

Edited by Sharpie
Link to post
Share on other sites
Des Lynam
4 hours ago, redjambo said:

 

Anyway, I am disappointed that Des immediately conflated my comment on left-leaning to Justin with "moral superiority". I never mentioned morality. I feel for example that we are not taking enough care of the environment. I don't consider those who think otherwise as "immoral" or "morally inferior", just as having opposing views to mine. Morality is a complete can of worms as a concept and it's one I would rather steer well clear of. :smile:


You have taken that personally and it wasn’t aimed at yourself. You asked a question. 
 

But come on it’s naive to suggest morally judging wasn’t going on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

UK economic stimulus 2% GDP But furlough needs to be taken into account. They've done really well there.

EU economic stimulus 4%(Shocking) 

USA economic stimulus 9+% GDP. Double what Obama put up after the global crash. 

 

Yet he still gets moaned at. He hasn't given up on the minimum wage either. 

Edited by ri Alban
Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

If you can see them then they are there.

 

People see what they want to see in any given situation so I'm not sure your statement is accurate.  That's why police will tell you the least useful type of evidence is eye witness accounts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

People see what they want to see in any given situation so I'm not sure your statement is accurate.  That's why police will tell you the least useful type of evidence is eye witness accounts. 

 

Of course they do.

None of my statements are accurate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
20 hours ago, Justin Z said:

 

Or not I guess 🤷‍♂️

 

Meanwhile the Conservative Political Action Committee Conference's stage was designed in the shape of a rune that was an integral part of SS symbology.

 

Image

 

Image

 

They have of course come out and said that it's just a coincidence.

 

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "Zack Bornstein @ZackBornstein CPAc accidentally making their stage the shape of a Nazi symbol"

 

:lol:

That's very similar to the SNP logo , just upside down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That's very similar to the SNP logo , just upside down.

 

Ooh yeah, or sideways like

 

4e0aa712de4d4e0163e03bf61f7bea0a.jpg

 

Besides this symbol and the SNP ribbon not having any straight lines, not having the upturned corner bits, and not being put on a stage exactly as appeared on SS collars as part of repeated mainstream conservative winks/nudges to white supremacists ever since the Capitol riots. But otherwise, aye, spot on. :thumbsup:

 

White Nationalists Hold Rally In Newnan, Georgia : News Photo

 

Oops!

 

Like “very fine people on both sides,” like “stand back and stand by,” like “you’ll never take back our country with weakness,” the question of whether a statement or an image was intended to attract the far right is almost beside the point. These supposed coincidences and gaffes continue happening, and the far-right keeps interpreting them as signals rather than noise.

 

The so-called mainstream conservatives of CPAC seem just fine with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
5 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

But come on it’s naive to suggest morally judging wasn’t going on. 

 

Uh huh

 

And just to clarify, your position is I'm “morally judging” like this?

  

13 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Abandoning the belief that being left leaning gives anyone moral superiority would be a start. 

 

'Cause yeah, that's a load of nonsense. I think it was @Kalamazoo Jambo who discussed Justin Amash with me awhile back. He's easily one of the most conservative members of congress of the last 50 years, and someone I respect a lot. Why? Because even though we'd agree on very little, he is principled, ethical and consistent in his positions.

 

That's where moral superiority comes from. There are plenty of problematic leftists. There are plenty of problematic right wingers cosplaying as leftists and centrists. Where they fall politically (in practice or for show) really means very little if they don't have the courage of their convictions.

 

So yeah, what was your point exactly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
11 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Listening to Trump in his “speech”.

Is it just me that can see various points of comparison with the kind of stuff that Hitler mesmerised the people of Germany with.

Creating bogeymen to scare the public with. Bogeymen who will commit sex crimes and worse unless action is taken against them. Immigration out of control going to affect current Americans. He’s done things that nobody else in history has ever done.

Taking credit for a vaccine production for a disease that he said didn’t exist. Saying he saved many American  lives from Covid when 500,000 Americans have died because of his inaction and denial.

No mention that Iran still has a nuclear program. No mention that North Korea still has a rocket program. Still claiming he won the election.

Still repeating the same lines over and over again, like the adoring crowd didn’t hear him first time.

Still denying that the US is responsible for any climate change.

History repeating itself.

I hope to goodness the Democrats can produce someone to win their next election. 

 

Oh the similarities are there all right, and I don't think it's by coincidence either because they just keep on happening, the stage last night being a prime example, when looked at in an indivdual context, it's nothing, but put it all together and you get a whole series of images, speeches, slogans so on and so forth that wouldn't have been out of place in 1930's Germany.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
7 hours ago, Des Lynam said:


You have taken that personally and it wasn’t aimed at yourself. You asked a question. 
 

But come on it’s naive to suggest morally judging wasn’t going on. 

 

It wasn't though. Morality had nothing to do with it. You added that slant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I watched the whole thing because I wanted to know first hand what he had to say, I am actually glad I did, it was too comprehensive to digest totally, but was enough for me to affirm my opinion that Donald Trump is mentally challenged, but having said that he does have the ability to sway people of like mind that he is the saviour

 

I haven't watched it because frankly I find Trump to be as boring a dullard as I have ever seen given such a large stage. I would agree he's mentally challenged, but disagree that he's persuasive.

It takes no powers of persuasion to tell people what they want to hear. If I were to step up and tell the Celtic following that this year was a blip, next year total dominance will be resumed, and was met by roars of approval would that make me a master of persuasion?

Link to post
Share on other sites

"I won the election"

"illegal immigrants and dead people voted"
"all my votes got changed to Biden votes"

"Biden has had the worst first month of any President"

"We never dreamed he would be as far left as he is"

"Biden's racist immigration policies are immoral and heartless"

 

The orange wank actually said all those words with a straight face.

He actually believes it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

"I won the election"

"illegal immigrants and dead people voted"
"all my votes got changed to Biden votes"

"Biden has had the worst first month of any President"

"We never dreamed he would be as far left as he is"

"Biden's racist immigration policies are immoral and heartless"

 

The orange wank actually said all those words with a straight face.

He actually believes it.

 

What a ****.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a ****.

 

Harsh on Cade.........or maybe not. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh

I think ML should have left the thread title as it was. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

Harsh on Cade.........or maybe not. :lol:

Ouch!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
12 minutes ago, Cade said:

"We never dreamed he would be as far left as he is"

"Biden's racist immigration policies are immoral and heartless"

 

My favourite are these two, taken together. "Biden has deported more people than I did in my first month of office, after promising a 100-day moratorium on the practice, and he's reopened facilities I was using to detain minor children! His racist immigration policies, which pretty much mirror mine or worse, are racist and heartless! We never dreamed he would be as far left as he is." :rofl:

 

There has never been any rhyme or reason to Trumpism, but this really takes the cake I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharpie
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

 

I haven't watched it because frankly I find Trump to be as boring a dullard as I have ever seen given such a large stage. I would agree he's mentally challenged, but disagree that he's persuasive.

It takes no powers of persuasion to tell people what they want to hear. If I were to step up and tell the Celtic following that this year was a blip, next year total dominance will be resumed, and was met by roars of approval would that make me a master of persuasion?

 Persuasion may not be the most adequate word, but I listened, yes despite my contempt for Trump I listened and watched his performance, I suppose I could have used incitement, encouragement or prodding, I used persuade because I believe it is pertinent when stating the things he did. 

The 4th March is a date I have heard regularly, I now know it is a date that Qanon use to argue that this is the proper date for the Inauguration, it is suspected that some of the Trump activist inclined supporters will hold some sort of demonstration or protest on that day. I felt that particularly his extensive comments about the stolen election were used as a means to persuade his followers, his base, to carry out their acts of disorder, his word being persuasive and not inciting.  

 

I heard him name a number of members of the Senate who disagree with much he says, I interpreted his doing so as a means to persuade any of his base who are within their electoral areas not to vote for them. I think persuasion is an adequate term to use legally and properly because election speeches etc are all motivated with the objective of securing your vote. 

 

I think his brief but pointed suggestion that he would again run for President, which was greeted with people actually dancing on the floor of the speech site was made with the intent of persuading them to give their support to him in this endeavour.

 

I think his constant support so publicly stated, and that during the election support from police Unions, again stated in this speech  his support which again in my opinion is an attempt to persuade police to consider their actions in dealing with Trump supporters. I still have questions about the police management of the Capitol Hill riots, the immediate resignations, the present refuted claims that they did not receive the intelligence do help to persuade me that all was not right there and exposed the working cop to injury and in one case death.

 

I listened to the speech in its entirety,I heard Trump advise, urge, and attempt to influence by argument, influence and expostulation, and that to me comes if not so damn close to persuasion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think ML should have left the thread title as it was. 

Yeah, I'm reconsidering.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump also claimed that Joe Biden is anti-science because he's not reopening schools during a huge 2nd wave spike in a pandemic.

 

A Republican accuses a Democrat of being anti-science

 

:rofl: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to Donald Trump and Joe Biden (title changed)
Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Trump also claimed that Joe Biden is anti-science because he's not reopening schools during a huge 2nd wave spike in a pandemic.

 

A Republican accuses a Democrat of being anti-science

 

:rofl: 

 

 

Trump is a pseudo Republican, just like he's a pseudo Christian.

 

Trump attaches himself to anything and everything which will enhance & benefit him and him alone.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
28 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

Trump is a pseudo Republican, just like he's a pseudo Christian.

 

Trump attaches himself to anything and everything which will enhance & benefit him and him alone.

 

he is also pseudo human

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the Q calendar, it's 3 days to go until the next big uprising.

 

:look:

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sharpie said:

 Persuasion may not be the most adequate word, but I listened, yes despite my contempt for Trump I listened and watched his performance, I suppose I could have used incitement, encouragement or prodding, I used persuade because I believe it is pertinent when stating the things he did. 

The 4th March is a date I have heard regularly, I now know it is a date that Qanon use to argue that this is the proper date for the Inauguration, it is suspected that some of the Trump activist inclined supporters will hold some sort of demonstration or protest on that day. I felt that particularly his extensive comments about the stolen election were used as a means to persuade his followers, his base, to carry out their acts of disorder, his word being persuasive and not inciting.  

 

I heard him name a number of members of the Senate who disagree with much he says, I interpreted his doing so as a means to persuade any of his base who are within their electoral areas not to vote for them. I think persuasion is an adequate term to use legally and properly because election speeches etc are all motivated with the objective of securing your vote. 

 

I think his brief but pointed suggestion that he would again run for President, which was greeted with people actually dancing on the floor of the speech site was made with the intent of persuading them to give their support to him in this endeavour.

 

I think his constant support so publicly stated, and that during the election support from police Unions, again stated in this speech  his support which again in my opinion is an attempt to persuade police to consider their actions in dealing with Trump supporters. I still have questions about the police management of the Capitol Hill riots, the immediate resignations, the present refuted claims that they did not receive the intelligence do help to persuade me that all was not right there and exposed the working cop to injury and in one case death.

 

I listened to the speech in its entirety,I heard Trump advise, urge, and attempt to influence by argument, influence and expostulation, and that to me comes if not so damn close to persuasion.

 

I simply don't see Trump as having any qualities at all. He's not smart, reportedly payed someone to take the college entrance examination for him. Possibly never read a book in his life.

He's not a good businessman, everything he touches turns to shit. He's not a good speaker, and I fully expect he would bore the arse off me very quickly if I ever suffered the misfortune of being in a one to one conversation with him.

I see comparisons being made between his 'rallies' and the Nazi rallies in the 1920's and 30's and I would agree, I can see the same tenet so to speak being played out. And while he's often as malevolent he is no Hitler who actually was a good speaker.

He's not a good husband, father, anything I can think of he's sub standard. Hell he's not even a good liar despite the fact he lies pretty much every time he opens the orifice. A good liar would lie with a degree of plausibility. His lies are absurd and obvious utter nonsense.

Perhaps someone around here, there are a few, who from time to time have shown support/admiration of him can enlighten me on what exactly it is i'm not seeing in this orange buffoon. 

Edited by JFK-1
Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

 

I simply don't see Trump as having any qualities at all. He's not smart, reportedly payed someone to take the college entrance examination for him. Possibly never read a book in his life.

He's not a good businessman, everything he touches turns to shit. He's not a good speaker, and I fully expect he would bore the arse off me very quickly if I ever suffered the misfortune of being in a one to one conversation with him.

I see comparisons being made between his 'rallies' and the Nazi rallies in the 1920's and 30's and I would agree, I can see the same tenet so to speak being played out. And while he's often as malevolent he is no Hitler who actually was a good speaker.

He's not a good husband, father, anything I can think of he's sub standard. Hell he's not even a good liar despite the fact he lies pretty much every time he opens the orifice. A good liar would lie with a degree of plausibility. His lies are absurd and obvious utter nonsense.

Perhaps someone around here, there are a few, who from time to time have shown support/admiration of him can enlighten me on what exactly it is i'm not seeing in this orange buffoon. 

They’ve rode into the sunset never to be seen posting on this thread again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharpie
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

 

I simply don't see Trump as having any qualities at all. He's not smart, reportedly payed someone to take the college entrance examination for him. Possibly never read a book in his life.

He's not a good businessman, everything he touches turns to shit. He's not a good speaker, and I fully expect he would bore the arse off me very quickly if I ever suffered the misfortune of being in a one to one conversation with him.

I see comparisons being made between his 'rallies' and the Nazi rallies in the 1920's and 30's and I would agree, I can see the same tenet so to speak being played out. And while he's often as malevolent he is no Hitler who actually was a good speaker.

He's not a good husband, father, anything I can think of he's sub standard. Hell he's not even a good liar despite the fact he lies pretty much every time he opens the orifice. A good liar would lie with a degree of plausibility. His lies are absurd and obvious utter nonsense.

Perhaps someone around here, there are a few, who from time to time have shown support/admiration of him can enlighten me on what exactly it is i'm not seeing in this orange buffoon. 

 

I agree with all you say, as I generally do, but listening to him and particularly watching his admiring followers who seem to worship what he says, particularly on the occasion of his strong hint that he would again be President. I can't quote but I remember his comment being to the  affect that " I have beat them twice (in elections) and I will do it a third time." This was greeted by hugging, and two fairly well dressed males in business suits dancing with arms in the air and leaps, in the air, people hugging each other and just signs of crowd elation.  This all for a man with a phoney tan, dyed hair, who is facing criminal actions as only Mafia leaders did in the past, despite these views I have I honestly could not see any incitement, actual call to arms, but his statements such as referring to 4 March 2021 were not what I would stand in Court and say on Oath he told them to, I would instead consider saying he is aware of what is planned for that date and is not cautioning against such action, this is where  the type of thing I feel about Trump is not a quality but he has an ability to see what people want to hear and gives them the fodder they need. He again in my opinion does share some of the characteristics of Hitler, they both can stand and orate a bunch of lies but appeal to the onlookers, they have absolutely no concept of the magnitude of death and destruction or just do not. care their preachings can cause, they both somehow have attracted and gained the support of other public figures who provided for him to his base and indeed Republicans in the case of Trump which give him credence to persons he may not have followed him as an individual choice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z

Neera Tanden's nomination to OMB has finally been pulled after about ten times more Biden administration effort to keep it alive than to get $15 minimum wage in the stimulus bill.

 

Republicans being the hypocrites they are made it about mean tweets. A month after Donald Trump left office. :rofl: But there was so much more, and Democrats were corrupt enough to try to push her through anyway.

 

What the Neera Tanden affair reveals about the Washington DC swamp

Tanden is being nominated to run the Office of Management and Budget, which oversees the federal budget. As a political operative and head of a corporate-funded thinktank, she does not have especially relevant experience for the appointment – in fact, whether in gubernatorial administrations, mayoral offices or Capitol Hill budget committees, there are far more qualified experts for this gig.

Moreover, her particular record would raise significant red flags as a job applicant for even a mid-level management position in any organization, much less the White House: during her tenure running the Center for American Progress, she reportedly outed a sexual harassment victim and physically assaulted an employee. While she was running the organization, CAP raked in corporate and foreign government cash and a report was revised in a way that helped a billionaire donor avoid scrutiny of his bigoted policing policy. Critics allege that Tanden busted a union of journalists. And she floated social security cuts when Democrats in Congress were trying to stop them.

Look at all the links in that excerpt. Victim shamer and outer, union buster, supporter of a bigot. She has always been utter, utter trash.

 

Even if you discount Tanden’s infamous statement about Libya and oil, as well as her vicious crusade against Senator Bernie Sanders and the progressive base of the Democratic party, all of these other items would seem to disqualify Tanden for a job atop a Democratic administration that claims to respect expertise and want to protect women, workers’ rights, social programs and government ethics.

 

But that's all the Democratic Party is: masters of virtue signalling, of putting together a “diverse coalition” that don't actually give a **** about any of the causes they claim they champion on behalf of their constituents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharpie
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Neera Tanden's nomination to OMB has finally been pulled after about ten times more Biden administration effort to keep it alive than to get $15 minimum wage in the stimulus bill.

 

Republicans being the hypocrites they are made it about mean tweets. A month after Donald Trump left office. :rofl: But there was so much more, and Democrats were corrupt enough to try to push her through anyway.

 

What the Neera Tanden affair reveals about the Washington DC swamp

Tanden is being nominated to run the Office of Management and Budget, which oversees the federal budget. As a political operative and head of a corporate-funded thinktank, she does not have especially relevant experience for the appointment – in fact, whether in gubernatorial administrations, mayoral offices or Capitol Hill budget committees, there are far more qualified experts for this gig.

Moreover, her particular record would raise significant red flags as a job applicant for even a mid-level management position in any organization, much less the White House: during her tenure running the Center for American Progress, she reportedly outed a sexual harassment victim and physically assaulted an employee. While she was running the organization, CAP raked in corporate and foreign government cash and a report was revised in a way that helped a billionaire donor avoid scrutiny of his bigoted policing policy. Critics allege that Tanden busted a union of journalists. And she floated social security cuts when Democrats in Congress were trying to stop them.

Look at all the links in that excerpt. Victim shamer and outer, union buster, supporter of a bigot. She has always been utter, utter trash.

 

Even if you discount Tanden’s infamous statement about Libya and oil, as well as her vicious crusade against Senator Bernie Sanders and the progressive base of the Democratic party, all of these other items would seem to disqualify Tanden for a job atop a Democratic administration that claims to respect expertise and want to protect women, workers’ rights, social programs and government ethics.

 

But that's all the Democratic Party is: masters of virtue signalling, of putting together a “diverse coalition” that don't actually give a **** about any of the causes they claim they champion on behalf of their constituents.

   

I still get the uncomfortable feeling that the Democrats pushed  Biden, a frequent contender for the job without success, probably a good man to have in the party, but just not Presidential. He will be satisfied with his four years of President, and will be remembered in history because he was there and thats all. It may be a successful tactic, when their female candidate of a different racial heritage runs, but the danger is that Biden will run into the present type situation of defeat in the House. The party is taking I would think that Trump over the next four years will shoot himself in the foot so badly and the Republicans will support him so faithfully that right thinking Americans would vote for Cheetah the chimp rather than a Republican candidate. The unfortunate to me element of the whole situation is that the United States are going to be viewed by other world leaders as weak and ineffectual stimulating hopes of opportunity to overthrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

The party is taking I would think that Trump over the next four years will shoot himself in the foot so badly and the Republicans will support him so faithfully that right thinking Americans would vote for Cheetah the chimp rather than a Republican candidate.

 

I think this is their thinking too. But it misses a very important point: that energising voters in each state and local race is key to a winning strategy. Trump won in 2016 not only because Clinton was so uninspiring, but because the Democrats by and large ran the same old candidates they'd always run in other races. Turnout that year was below 55%—it was slightly higher than it had been in 2012, but Obama was popular enough overall to weather that (although Democratic losses piled up in legislative races). 2008's turnout had been 57%, which led to Obama's landslide, and the turnout in 2020 was 62%! Note also the turnout in 2000 when it was such a close race—only a hair over 50%.

 

The energy won't be there for 62% in 2024, and it will be nowhere close to that in 2022 when Republicans win the House and Senate back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Threats of another militia insurrection this week are getting stronger, security forces are on high alert.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharpie
49 minutes ago, Cade said:

Threats of another militia insurrection this week are getting stronger, security forces are on high alert.

 

 

 

 

Yes thats the phoney 4th March Inauguration one.  Hard to say where they will hit, but again after listening to the FBI Director yesterday who said nothing,but if you listened to him I sort of suspect they are anticipating numerous locii, smaller group but more areas to police and defend. Hannity might be interesting to listen to tonight.  I also will not be surprised to see disorder at places away from DC, even in other States where Trump alleges improprieties in the election process. If I was head of a police department any where in the States I would be planning for the worst with leave and day off cancellations and a plan in place should things erupt. The only good thing there will have to be some evidence of increase of persons in your area , but pre planning with simple implementation is the secret of success and safety. Always remember your mandate. To Protect and Serve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Threats of another militia insurrection this week are getting stronger, security forces are on high alert.

 

 

 

 

 

Antifa people dressing up as Trumps supporters again, no doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

 

Antifa people dressing up as Trumps supporters again, no doubt.

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

 

Antifa people dressing up as Trumps supporters again, no doubt.

Heard it was Chelsea fans

:look:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Justin Z said:

The energy won't be there for 62% in 2024, and it will be nowhere close to that in 2022 when Republicans win the House and Senate back.

 

If Trump is the candidate in 2024 I suspect there to be massive energy to avoid that disaster again. The biggest problem is going to be the latest Republican moves to suppress voting. The more people who vote the less likely they are to win. And they know it.

They're now a full blown extremist element while accelerating the insanity with a large dose of conspiracy craziness. Unelectable in any normal Western society. Even in US society if the people can vote unhindered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
16 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

If Trump is the candidate in 2024 I suspect there to be massive energy to avoid that disaster again. The biggest problem is going to be the latest Republican moves to suppress voting. The more people who vote the less likely they are to win. And they know it.

 

I agree voter suppression is a serious factor. I also wholeheartedly believe that if the Democrats would actually represent their constituents, they would easily overcome it. Since they don't, they won't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
13 hours ago, Justin Z said:

I agree voter suppression is a serious factor. I also wholeheartedly believe that if the Democrats would actually represent their constituents, they would easily overcome it. Since they don't, they won't.

 

Like this:

 

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "Peter Daou @peterdaou $2,000 immediately $1,400 very soon $1,400 in March (maybe) $1,400 but not for everyone TO BE CONTINUED... 4:18 PM. 2021-03-03 Twitter Web App"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh

We should have an old Joe sweepstake here and see who correctly guesses how long it will be before he does a solo press conference. Currently he's six weeks into his presidency without one and that's not been beaten for at least a century. 

 

I'll go for 3 months before he's forced into doing one. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambos_1874
41 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

We should have an old Joe sweepstake here and see who correctly guesses how long it will be before he does a solo press conference. Currently he's six weeks into his presidency without one and that's not been beaten for at least a century. 

 

I'll go for 3 months before he's forced into doing one. 

Why is this? Is he having to be prompted and others stepping in if he has a senior moment? Or is he just prone to gaffes and needs others to defer to?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharpie
1 minute ago, Cade said:

Civil War Part Deux started yet?

 

 

:rudi:

 No ,Trump hasn't finished the golf game yet, So far in eight holes he has kicked three balls forward, slipped a new ball into the grass where he lost one, and convinced everyone if anyone knows about cheating its him, cheat on his wife, cheat at golf,  cheat with  taxes,  cheats when giving speeches   when he constantly uses the word hell to make him sound tough to the other like him ordinary working guys,, and cheats when he says at times like today when he thinks there is going to be some form of action and he tells the others he will march with them. That is probably true but although he wants to he cannot because of recurring bone spurs.How anyone cannot have this man as their idol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf

Well, March 4th is over, so I'm guessing that Trump is president again.

 

It's astonishing that some people, maybe many people, believe such tripe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Well, March 4th is over, so I'm guessing that Trump is president again.

 

It's astonishing that some people, maybe many people, believe such tripe.

 

Have the weekend to get through yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Well, March 4th is over, so I'm guessing that Trump is president again.

 

It's astonishing that some people, maybe many people, believe such tripe.

 

You have Nancy Pelosi to thank for the QAnon Inauguration Day nonsense. She's he one who asked her security to write a report about this mythical threat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You have Nancy Pelosi to thank for the QAnon Inauguration Day nonsense. She's he one who asked her security to write a report about this mythical threat. 

 

00XGXjt.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...