U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Big business threatens to take away funding to the politicians.

Next day, loads of Republicans say they will vote against Trump.

tenor.gif?itemid=10317767

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

When it starts to go South it can do so quickly, as Donald 'The Worst President in History' Trump is finding out.

Deutsche Bank will not do any more business with Trump and Signature bank which Trump has personal accounts with is closing those accounts with him.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/12/investing/deutsche-bank-trump/index.html

That's a big one. Few, if any banks will touch him with a barge pole. He's getting his comeuppance now. Good.

5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

That's a big one. Few, if any banks will touch him with a barge pole. He's getting his comeuppance now. Good.

I’m sure I read somewhere recently that he has huge loans from Deutsche Bank that need repaid not long after his term in office ends. Good luck renegotiating those payments Donnie. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m sure I read somewhere recently that he has huge loans from Deutsche Bank that need repaid not long after his term in office ends. Good luck renegotiating those payments Donnie. 

Found an article breaking it down a bit. His companies mostly appear to be dead ducks now. Also dubious practices aplenty. Like attempting to sue Deutsche Bank for $3bn just before a $340m loan is due to them.  Interestingly it looks like they were trying to cut their ties to him long before last weeks events. https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/12/02/trumps-deutsche-bank-loans-appear-to-be-in-trouble/?sh=26a3b2301e1f

22 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

He's made an incredible amount of very powerful enemies in the last 4 years, not to mention all of those who aren't his enemy but don't want to be seen to be his friend either. 

CavySlaveJambo

What do the Trumpites think is going to happen to the Toddler-in-Chief if they don’t impeach him.  

He is planning on pardoning himself in an attempt to avoid criminal charges over this. 

4 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

What do the Trumpites think is going to happen to the Toddler-in-Chief if they don’t impeach him.  

He is planning on pardoning himself in an attempt to avoid criminal charges over this. 

Lots of them, and I mean a scary amount of them,  still think that Trump will remain in power.

This still has lots to run.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

That's just something he has been doing since the beginning of his dysfunctional reign. "Some people say"

Who says that Donnie? "Some people"

I've always assumed that he's referring to something a political commentator on Fox has mentioned. That appears to be his go-to for both expert advice and for the a gauge of the public's opinion, even though he's disavowed Fox lately.

10 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

From what i read earlier - should find out the result of the House vote around 8-9pm UK time.

He's gonna get impeached again.  100%.    This time with Republicans voting for it too.  Business has turned against them and they are now trying to save their legacies and one of their faces.    But...  do not doubt for one second that if they (Republicans') managed to win these challenges in the courts that they all supported, would have been against Trump now, as they wouldn't be.    No ****ing chance.    They know the game is now up and power has tilted.  The riots last week are mainly an excuse.  Most of the Republicans still came out against the voting.  After the riots.

Not sure exactly what happens if the impeachment goes ahead, but it is pushed back so that the new Democratic led senate then votes on it.

Edited by Lovecraft

Article in the Washington Post
The acting U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia, whose predecessor abruptly resigned one week ago after President Trump complained officials were not doing enough to find election fraud in the state, declared on a call with his staff Monday that “there’s just nothing to” the few claims of fraud the office was examining, according to an audio recording obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/us-attorney-georgia-fraud/2021/01/12/45a527c6-5526-11eb-a817-e5e7f8a406d6_story.html

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I've always assumed that he's referring to something a political commentator on Fox has mentioned. That appears to be his go-to for both expert advice and for the a gauge of the public's opinion, even though he's disavowed Fox lately.

Fox are so desperate now that they are spending  more of their time criticising other stations particularly CNN and MSNBC. I could never be bothered much with Carlson and Hannitay, now I revel in watching them struggle to have something positive to say. Carlson at one time appeared at least to have one reasonable bone in his body, Hannitay was so far in to Trump he hardly makes sense, ylou wonder where their future lies when this all settles.

12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Chances of him being shoved out before 20th?

Chance of him quitting so he can get a pardon.

Quite a bit higher IMO.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

That's just something he has been doing since the beginning of his dysfunctional reign. "Some people say"

Who says that Donnie? "Some people"

Sometime it's 'lots of people' and occasionally it's 'everyone'. But never anyone attributable.

Hagar the Horrible
14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Perhaps by tomorrow

This has serious ramifications for all democracy, other wise any group of bampots no matter how noble a group are, they could all turn up en-mass in any government building driven by what ever cause they see as just, to takeover that building.

Trump had motivated a group based on months of lying, over the election, heated up an armed mob to take over the country, he wanted to be Emperor Trump,  It was a military coup as the crowd were armed, only he hid and watched it on the telly rather than being at the front of it,  I home that house does the right thing

31 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

19 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

000.00001%

or less.

Republican after Republican lining up to spout the same pish.

"I'm not impeaching because BLM are a bit nawty too".

FFS 6 people are dead because the sitting President attempted an armed coup you feckin imbeciles.
That's the only relevant fact.

Resorting to whataboutism is disgraceful.

Edited by Cade

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

FFS 6 people are dead because the sitting President attempted an armed coup you feckin imbeciles.

Shameful.

16 minutes ago, Cade said:

Trump will be impeached, so what Republicans say in the House means nothing.  It's when it gets to the Senate is where it counts.

McConnell is supposedly in favour of impeachment, which is important if true, but 17 Republicans in the Senate have to vote for impeachment, and that's a tall order.  

Still, money seems to talk, as ever. Business, profit, stocks and shares need protectin! Pragmatism over political partisanship surely, for some at least.

4 hours ago, Sharpie said:

👍

I kept having to check the thread title. 🤣 I kept thinking, have I no opened the Trump/ Biden thread. 

Anyway, what's the happenings of America, today? 

"I'm not impeaching because it will only antagonise when the President is calling for calm"

Oh, so it's alright to get 6 people killed in a failed coup attempt if you call for calm when it fails?

:getout:

13 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Jim Jordan gives me the ****ing creeps.

Big time.

Me too.  

According to him in his two minute speech, Trump should not be impeached because the Wright brothers flew a plane 100 feet, Check Yeager broke the sound barrier, and an American walked on the moon, all within one lifetime.

Yeah OK.  :conf11:

Kalamazoo Jambo
24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

👍

I kept having to check the thread title. 🤣 I kept thinking, have I no opened the Trump/ Biden thread. 

Anyway, what's the happenings of America, today? 

Not much going on. The President will be impeached (for a second time) within the next 3 hours or so but otherwise the nation is just chillin’

Just now, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Not much going on. The President will be impeached (for a second time) within the next 3 hours or so but otherwise the nation is just chillin’

Good 👍

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Perhaps by tomorrow

This has serious ramifications for all democracy, other wise any group of bampots no matter how noble a group are, they could all turn up en-mass in any government building driven by what ever cause they see as just, to takeover that building.

Trump had motivated a group based on months of lying, over the election, heated up an armed mob to take over the country, he wanted to be Emperor Trump,  It was a military coup as the crowd were armed, only he hid and watched it on the telly rather than being at the front of it,  I home that house does the right thing

It does happen from time to time, it would be interesting to see how everyone would react if the baying mob was trying to get Trump out. Like the Turkish Coup a few years back against Erdogan. It happened in a few places in the Middle East and South America. Ironically enough the US have backed the majority of coups worldwide. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Lincoln must be turning in his mausoleum,  hearing his words being quoted by GOP members, trying in vain to rationalise their complicity & hypocrisy.

America is completely ****ed.  It won't recover from this.

Good.

Bunch of ****s.

Just let this little stat sink in, this is Trump's America.

There are, as I write, more American troops in Washington D.C. than there is in Iraq & Afghanistan combined.

That's right, there are more American soldiers guarding America's capital from Trump supporters than there is fighting the Taliban, IS, Al Qaeda etc etc.

There are currently 6,200 in DC, with around 5,000 in Iraq & Afghanistan, by the inauguration there could be 15,000 - 20,000 troops on duty.

https://www.businessinsider.com/more-us-troops-be-in-dc-biden-inauguration-iraq-afghanistan-2021-1?r=US&IR=T

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

For those interested. Just watch...

Quite extraordinary. The level of self delusion knows no bounds.  Probably stills thinks it was so profound that no one  could answer. Got the brass neck to sound exasperated. 

6 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

The vote... it’s coming from inside the House :o

Up to 9 Republicans now.

Is this the real House or the fake one?

CavySlaveJambo

CNN mentioned the “QAnon caucus”.  That is just scary.  

According to CNN he is apparently more worried about his business than his legacy.   

45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

52 million of the Trump election voters believe he won the election. 

They must be bombarded by some level of shite on forums. God is obviously not enough.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)