U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Just announced on BBC radio 5 that Boris and Joe have had a 25 minute chat on the phone.  

Apparently Joe called him Donald by mistake.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Just announced on BBC radio 5 that Boris and Joe have had a 25 minute chat on the phone.  

Does that include the 22 minutes Joe had him on hold?😁

1 hour ago, alfajambo said:

I respected your non stated request and listened to this video, well thats an exaggeration because he starts with " I think" and later uses the term "its possible". To accept his statements any more than some other like myself guy on the street I would have expected him to say, " here are my facts and evidence" and later to state that I have seen and examined factual evidence which prove that not only was it possible to commit election fraud this evidence as shown here is proof.'We can all speculate, I did often for thirty six years but before I could make a statement of proven fact accepted by a Court could I properly and legally say it did happen.  Show one statement from a respected source, not Trump or one of his enablers, but a respected source in a position to say I have presented to investigators facts and evidence showing direct cases of major fraud in the electoral area of, enter location, so far I have not seen one. The old expression oft used by my old mother you share with your Hero Donald. " Just opens his mouth and lets his belly rumble".

CavySlaveJambo
6 hours ago, Cade said:

Also, the Affordable Care Act is once again before the (now far right) Supreme Court, so they'll probably declare it unconstitutional, repeal it and leave millions of Americans with no insurance in the middle of the worst pandemic in a century.

What I get is why such a pro-life country has life being sacrosanct until your born. And after that... it's not. 

5 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I think too that Trump simply never allowed such scrutiny. White House Press Briefings stopped and were replaced by Trump monolgues with the sound of Marine One helicopter in the background. Trump could ignore any questions he didn't want to hear. Also using Twitter meant his message would always be presented as fact and there was no mechanism to ever question tweets directly.

Imo, that's the dangerous road we have went down with social media, an agenda can be pushed with little or no scrutiny or pushback, once it's out there, it's out there.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Apparently Joe called him Donald by mistake.

I have no time for Boris but I'd take him over Dump every day of the week.

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I have no time for Boris but I'd take him over Dump every day of the week.

Is Johnson not just a clone of Trump?

17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Is Johnson not just a clone of Trump?

Definitely not. I dislike both but I would contend that Boris is nowhere near as bad as Trump, and definitely nowhere near as thick. Boris is far from thick but unfortunately he's lazy. No bleach to cure COVID, attempts to buy Greenland or anything similar. I imagine he might even be quietly pleased about Trump being dumped on all apart from the Brexit issue where he certainly won't see eye to eye with Biden. 

Edited by SwindonJambo

4 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Definitely not. I dislike both but I would contend that Boris is nowhere near as bad as Trump, and definitely nowhere near as thick. Boris is far from thick but unfortunately he's lazy. No bleach to cure COVID, attempts to buy Greenland or anything similar. I imagine he might even be quietly pleased about Trump being dumped on all apart from the Brexit issue where he certainly won't see eye to eye with Biden. 

I'd forgot about that. :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'd forgot about that. :laugh:

Someone will put together a very large book of some of his worst outbursts as and embarrassments at some point. Repeated touting of Hydrochloroquine  as a COVID cure and claiming to take it himself. He is a breathtaking ignoramus and is as thick as shit in a bottle.

13 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Someone will put together a very large book of some of his worst outbursts as and embarrassments at some point. Repeated touting of Hydrochloroquine  as a COVID cure and claiming to take it himself. He is a breathtaking ignoramus and is as thick as shit in a bottle.

It's sure to be the most beautiful book the World has ever seen with so many pages in numbers that's nobody's ever seen before.  :laugh:

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Johnson better brace himself for a follow up phone call from The Donald. It could go same way as the Huawei one where he got an earful from his old mate. 

Trump won't appreciate any of his past admirers congratulating Joe Biden.

Nucky Thompson
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That happens here. Look at brexit and no voters, all as thick as shit. 

But all on the winning side :D

7 hours ago, alfajambo said:

One would have to have an IQ only slightly above the freezing point of water not to be concerned wrt the many claims that voter fraud has been rampant in the past election.

All legal legitimate votes should be counted.

If Biden wins in a fair count, then end of story.

Oh I agree - however from what I can gather, no-one has yet specified where in the process fraud has occurred or even might have occurred.   Again from what I understand, many states allow late ballots to be counted subject to a check on the  date of posting .... or in the case of US overseas military, perhaps an even looser check.    I'm not clear if all states allow this or just some.

If investigations throw up something substantial which hasn't occurred in previous elections, then that would imply a potential conspiracy which would have required several "rogue" officials in several states to be involved.   

How likely is that ?   Not very, imo

5 hours ago, Barack said:

Erdoğan just congratulated Biden on his win.

That's got to sting. :jj:

Indeed.   And if  Orban and Bolsonaro  do likewise, old Trumpy will self-combust !!   🙂    

8 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Indeed.   And if  Orban and Bolsonaro  do likewise, old Trumpy will self-combust !!   🙂    

Don't forget Poland's Andrzej Duda, who is very much of the same ilk.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It's sure to be the most beautiful book the World has ever seen with so many pages in numbers that's nobody's ever seen before.  :laugh:

But of course! Expect no less ! 😉

11 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

There's plenty of time for him to get driven through Dealey Plaza.

Useless piece of trivia for you, Dealey was originally from Manchester.

6 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That'll be when his memoirs are published, I read he's being paid millions to colour them in

The Postal Service worker who gave a statement saying he had ben ordered by a supervisor to change postage dated on mail vote envelopes, has now recanted his story and admitted that what he recounted never happened.

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Mike Pompey (sp) is a tit. 

Without a doubt!

They are playing a very reckless game.  They must KNOW they've lost.  From what I can gather even the independent observers are saying the election was legit.  This is like dealing with the mob, facts don't matter, only their claims and their ability to bully others to agree. 

If they keep this up,  people will die,  it's disgusting. 

23 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Without a doubt!

They are playing a very reckless game.  They must KNOW they've lost.  From what I can gather even the independent observers are saying the election was legit.  This is like dealing with the mob, facts don't matter, only their claims and their ability to bully others to agree. 

If they keep this up,  people will die,  it's disgusting. 

It is. Shocking behaviour. 

5 hours ago, Sharpie said:

The Postal Service worker who gave a statement saying he had ben ordered by a supervisor to change postage dated on mail vote envelopes, has now recanted his story and admitted that what he recounted never happened.

Do they hand write the date mark in pencil?

(Of course it could have been amend the date on the franking machine, or whatever it is called nowadays)

16 hours ago, Stokesy said:

alfa, you are aware that Fox lawyers have stood in court and claimed that no reasonable person would take Carlson's 'opinion' seriously?

Some people are patently too far gone to be that aware. But where would the world be without the mentally challenged to make the rest of us feel smarter.

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

The count continues.

Only possible explanation is that both sides are still stuffing ballot boxes, altering postmarks, "discovering" lost batches, raising the dead.

Looks like the Democrats are just better at it clocking up an extra 640,560 and Trump's losers only cheating an extra 471,372

Biden's lead stretches over 5 million. What a cheat! 😂

image.thumb.png.fbd480ad7b65e27821b02443216dfd83.png

6 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Sad - but that person should be sacked for that. 

4 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Probably looking at more legal trouble than being sacked. 

25 minutes ago, RobboM said:

The count continues.

Only possible explanation is that both sides are still stuffing ballot boxes, altering postmarks, "discovering" lost batches, raising the dead.

Looks like the Democrats are just better at it clocking up an extra 640,560 and Trump's losers only cheating an extra 471,372

Biden's lead stretches over 5 million. What a cheat! 😂

image.thumb.png.fbd480ad7b65e27821b02443216dfd83.png

GOP are cheating. Dems are cheating bigly.

I P Knightley
15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

To be fair, the reason I never supported Salmond's independence referendum in 2014 is that he was making bold claims that had no supporting evidence; such as the definitive statement that Scotland would continue to use Sterling (BoE told him to hud oan a minute). Admittedly, I don't recall him saying that lots of people told him that the Bank of England would permit that to happen but it's a similar, although tamer, principle.

9 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Two possible reasons he made his claim: he wanted to get attention for himself or he's rabidly loyal to Trump and wanted to undermine the election. Either way, he's set out to damage the reputation of his employer in public which I would assume warrants a dismissal. That's despite the fact that Trump appointed someone to head the USPS with an intent that would damage the reputation of the USPS.

16 hours ago, ri Alban said:

😮

Edited by Harry Potter

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

To be fair, the reason I never supported Salmond's independence referendum in 2014 is that he was making bold claims that had no supporting evidence; such as the definitive statement that Scotland would continue to use Sterling (BoE told him to hud oan a minute). Admittedly, I don't recall him saying that lots of people told him that the Bank of England would permit that to happen but it's a similar, although tamer, principle.

Two possible reasons he made his claim: he wanted to get attention for himself or he's rabidly loyal to Trump and wanted to undermine the election. Either way, he's set out to damage the reputation of his employer in public which I would assume warrants a dismissal. That's despite the fact that Trump appointed someone to head the USPS with an intent that would damage the reputation of the USPS.

The supervisor who the claim was made against put out a statement saying that the employee who rescinded has been disciplined several times.

The willingness of Trump sycophants not to investigate background of people making claims first is dangerous.  

:rofl:

If I was doing a massive election fraud I would definitely use a van with Biden/Harris on the side, and would carry out the fraud at the back of the van, next to the polling station, in broad daylight, and let passers by see exactly what I was up to.

24 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

If I was doing a massive election fraud I would definitely use a van with Biden/Harris on the side, and would carry out the fraud at the back of the van, next to the polling station, in broad daylight, and let passers by see exactly what I was up to.

The fact that the plan is so stupid is what makes it so ingenious. No one with two brain cells to rub together would believe it; therefore, that's how you can do it and get away with it. Check mate libtard.

23 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

The saddest thing is there will be plenty of people out there who'll believe that this took place............in broad daylight etc etc etc.

48 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

If they are stupid/gullible enough to fall for Pizzagate, why stop at Biden vans dropping off ballots.

It just goes to show how easy people are to manipulate.  It's actually pretty sad and scary at the same time.

America is ****ed.  They have already went over the edge.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The saddest thing is there will be plenty of people out there who'll believe that this took place............in broad daylight etc etc etc.

They believe some guy lay dead in a cave for a weekend, then came back to life. :rofl:

The Trump cult will live on.  With over 70 million votes in the election, Trump is still the most powerful person in the Republican party. That's why all leading Republicans are falling into line behind him on the "stolen election" garbage.

He will never concede the election, but eventually he'll have to leave the White House.  By the time he leaves, all the cultists will be convinced that the Democrats cheated and the Biden presidency is not legitimate.

You can well imagine what the 2024 slogan will be for the Republicans and who their nominee will be.

15 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The Trump cult will live on.  With over 70 million votes in the election, Trump is still the most powerful person in the Republican party. That's why all leading Republicans are falling into line behind him on the "stolen election" garbage.

He will never concede the election, but eventually he'll have to leave the White House.  By the time he leaves, all the cultists will be convinced that the Democrats cheated and the Biden presidency is not legitimate.

You can well imagine what the 2024 slogan will be for the Republicans and who their nominee will be.

I really thought that the Republican party would distance themselves from Trump, but it seems they want to press the self distruct button.

America is being taken down a very dangerous path.

The Real Maroonblood
58 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I really thought that the Republican party would distance themselves from Trump, but it seems they want to press the self distruct button.

America is being taken down a very dangerous path.

Saw Romney getting interviewed and he was quite proud America was a conservative country and not a progressive one.

Says it all.

11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Mike Pompey (sp) is a tit. 

Pompous Pompeo baiting the journalists for the hell of it, most likely.  With each passing day, they resemble a  crumbling dictatorship - Pompeo is their Comical Ali.

17 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Pompous Pompeo baiting the journalists for the hell of it, most likely.  With each passing day, they resemble a  crumbling dictatorship - Pompeo is their Comical Ali.

I think he was trying to be funny and it backfired on him, he's since been trying to roll back what he said.

Malinga the Swinga

Reading Texan Republican offering reward to anyone who can show evidence of voter fraud. That won't attract any crackpots. 

23 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Reading Texan Republican offering reward to anyone who can show evidence of voter fraud. That won't attract any crackpots. 

FFS there's 71 million of them!

Republican Governor of Georgia orders a complete manual re-count of all 5million+ votes cast in Georgia.

The deadline for certification is 9 days away.

Edited by Cade

39 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

There's a bit of poetic justice that the nutters that Trump welcomed into his cult, will be the same nutters which are going to undermine his court cases with their fantastic and as we have seen, spurious tales of voter fraud.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)