U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, escobri said:

China, Russia and Mexico are not joining Johnson & Sturgeon sooking  up to creepy Joe. Maybe a few twists to come?

China and Russia are gutted that Trump is toast.

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

China and Russia are gutted that Trump is toast.

Listening to a podcast at the weekend Chinese Communist Party very publicly treated Trump as a joke, very similar to the lines of the Aberdeen fans banner a few years back
'Return to base, secret agent McLeish, mission accomplished!'

Sometimes you just get lucky in life....Biden was faced by an idiot President who only had to pay lip service to a health crisis and he may well have been re-elected.....trying to bluff it out just to appear macho and in charge has cost Trump and I'll bet he regrets it now

Then just after winning the election comes the good news of a covid vaccine becoming available and like it or not he will be linked with that as a first sign of success in a new administration

One of the major worldwide problems will be  on its way to being cured or at worst controlled like others which we live with

He will then concentrate on the economy which will be boosted by simply having a vaccine and the results of that...just luck in timing once more

I have no idea how he will perform though like many leaders much of how success is perceived comes down to circumstances and not necessarily great decision making but he will seemingly start off with a modicum of success.

OH and he's not Trump which in itself will be seen as a good thing initially

Governor Tarkin
32 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Ah, I didn't realise Scotland = Alex Salmond. Thanks for clarifying :thumbsup:

There's lots of stuff you don't realise, JZ. :) 👍

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

There's lots of stuff you don't realise, JZ. :) 👍

If there's one thing that's held true over the years, it's that every day is indeed a schoolday in Bonnie Scotland

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Fake news! Trump and Salmond were best mates before they fell out over his golf resort.

Didn’t realise Salmond being a ***** meant we all were, Jambo ******* eh 🤔?

36 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sometimes you just get lucky in life....Biden was faced by an idiot President who only had to pay lip service to a health crisis and he may well have been re-elected.....trying to bluff it out just to appear macho and in charge has cost Trump and I'll bet he regrets it now

Then just after winning the election comes the good news of a covid vaccine becoming available and like it or not he will be linked with that as a first sign of success in a new administration

One of the major worldwide problems will be  on its way to being cured or at worst controlled like others which we live with

He will then concentrate on the economy which will be boosted by simply having a vaccine and the results of that...just luck in timing once more

I have no idea how he will perform though like many leaders much of how success is perceived comes down to circumstances and not necessarily great decision making but he will seemingly start off with a modicum of success.

Maybe, but would Trump EVER have the basic competence? Just need to look at the utter **** up of the major legal challenge to a record breaking election being accidentally held in car park next to a dildo shop. Honestly I think Trump's hand on the vaccine and his approach would guarantee turning it to another **** up

Edited by RobboM

Governor Tarkin
41 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

If there's one thing that's held true over the years, it's that every day is indeed a schoolday in Bonnie Scotland

Roger that.

44 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He's also stated that he plans to take the USA back into the Paris Agreement on day 1. This is also basic common sense but, would a Republican president make that decision? The entire world should be grateful that America now has a president that treats this issue seriously. Unfortuantely, I think that Biden's hands will be tied by the Senate. Got to pray that Georgia pulls through with the Senate run offs.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

So the guy holding the sign was speaking for the whole of Scotland, unlike Salmond?

:D

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Maybe, but would Trump EVER have the basic competence? Just need to look at the utter **** up of the major legal challenge to a record breaking election being accidentally held in car park next to a dildo shop. Honestly I think Trump's hand on the vaccine and his approach would guarantee turning it to another **** up

I don’t think he personally organised that, Rudy probably asked Borat to sort it out for him 😆😂

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

So the guy holding the sign was speaking for the whole of Scotland, unlike Salmond?

I think the people of Scotland have their own personal views on scum like Trump, are you saying that Sturgeon speaks for you? 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, weehammy said:

:what:

You said Salmond spoke for Scotland, so Sturgeon speaks for Scotland, that includes you eh 😆

All roads lead to Gorgie
18 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Sad for Dump that he didn't have the Pfizer release to blow on a week ago, eh. Poor Dump.

Trump would have been telling his followers to drink the vaccine rather than inject it. How did the bleach go again Donald? 😉

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, RobboM said:

Listening to a podcast at the weekend Chinese Communist Party very publicly treated Trump as a joke, very similar to the lines of the Aberdeen fans banner a few years back
'Return to base, secret agent McLeish, mission accomplished!'

The news last night said that one of the major newspapers in China carried a photo of Trump on the front page with the headline "HA HA!"

Some analysis saying that they'll be glad he's gone because of his approach to the trade 'war' between the two countries but I suspect they're more likely to regret his going (same with Russia) as every day he was in office eroded the USA's standing on the world stage. Having a grown up politician in place  gives the US a chance to regroup and strengthen.

It will take feckin' ages, though.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Not according to his neice who says that he's incapable of the type of self-reflection that would lead to regret. Nothing I've seen of him suggests that he would ever have the humility to admit he made a mistake. It's all someone else's fault and they cheated.

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Really ? You think he got lucky ?

The Dems had to go to unprecedented lengths to register voters , encourage voters to get out , simply get access to voting stations and also overcome numerous obstacles put in the way to stop mail in ballots (including the deliberate removal of sorting machines on the express instructions of the head of the USPS. 

Trump may well be an idiot but he has the GOP and their black book of voter suppression  and he came very close in a closely fought election. 

There was nothing lucky about it.

14 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The Dems had to go to unprecedented lengths to register voters , encourage voters to get out , simply get access to voting stations and also overcome numerous obstacles put in the way to stop mail in ballots (including the deliberate removal of sorting machines on the express instructions of the head of the USPS. 

Trump may well be an idiot but he has the GOP and their black book of voter suppression  and he came very close in a closely fought election. 

Meanwhile and I watched a lot of them Trump had his covid spreading rallies where he regurgitated the exact  same words at them solicited violence and lied,lied lied, he denigrated Biden and then was whipped by him. He really had nothing to offer other than insults and lies, he kept talking about his health plan that was ready to go, but he done that for four years with nothing being presented.  What is the old saying you can fool all the people some of the time, and fool some of the people all of the time. He just didn't achieve the enough this time.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Trump would have been telling his followers to drink the vaccine rather than inject it. How did the bleach go again Donald? 😉

That was the funniest moment of the pandemic and showed how stupid, really stupid, he is 😆😂.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Check my post again and you’ll see I said no such thing. I pointed out that he and Salmond were once big mates, which is true. As first minister, Salmond appointed him as a ‘Business Ambassador’. Sturgeon binned him during the 2016 campaign when he made comments about Muslims. 

Your post is drivel.

Let me spell out what you said, you asked if that the guy with the sign spoke for Scotland but Salmond didn’t. That infers you think Salmond spoke for everyone in Scotland, so Sturgeon does too. So she speaks for you, really get those regressive juices flowing doesn’t it 🤬😡.

You said it not me 😆😂

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let me spell out what you said, you asked if that the guy with the sign spoke for Scotland but Salmond didn’t. That infers you think Salmond spoke for everyone in Scotland, so Sturgeon does too. So she speaks for you, really get those regressive juices flowing doesn’t it 🤬😡.

You said it not me 😆😂

And all off an unserious post about a guy with a sign meant to express fondness for (many of) the People of Scotland, about as innocuous as it gets.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

And all off an unserious post about a guy with a sign meant to express fondness for (many of) the People of Scotland, about as innocuous as it gets.

The joy of Kickback, could be a book for all to wonder at 🤔?!?!

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yes he did ....he got lucky he was facing a stupid president whose own bluster cost him any chance of a win. Biden did not choose Trump to run against and was lucky he was dealing with a president who split opinion on a large scale 

Nothing Biden did re registration etc made the kind of difference in votes a president too big for his boots and full of self importance caused...we can all admire the attempts (indeed success) to increase votes etc but a major part..no the major part of a Biden victory was the stupidity of Trump who still increased his overall vote despIte this, telling us much about the population of the USA.

maroonlegions

To think that the people who could not find the four seasons want folk to believe that they have  uncovered 40,000 illegal  ballot votes in Philadelphia ???

:rofl:

One of the House of Lords once more shows its class...why do we have to put up with these old duffers ?

Northern Ireland peer Lord Kilclooney has come under fire for a tweet referring to US vice-president-elect Kamala Harris as “the Indian”.

Ms Harris, who, of course, is American, has an Indian-born mother and Jamaican-born father.

Lord Kilclooney posted on Twitter: “What happens if Biden moves on and the Indian becomes President. Who then becomes Vice President?”

A number of MPs have said the tweet was “racist” and it “beggars belief”.

When challenged, Lord Kilclooney claimed he had not known the name of the vice-president-elect when he was tweeting.

Lord Kilclooney is no stranger to controversy - in 2018, he called the then taoiseach (Irish PM) Leo Varadkar a "typical Indian", which he later described as a mistake.

Ms Harris has faced racist remarks in the past. One study found that a quarter of the media coverage after Ms Harris' nomination as vice-presidential candidate included "racist and sexist stereotyping and tropes", including the "angry black woman" trope, and "birther" conspiracies that implied she was not born in the 

Felix Lighter
12 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

To think that the people who could not find the four seasons want folk to believe that they have  uncovered 40,000 illegal  ballot votes in Philadelphia ???

You love a conspiracy theory ml. Wondering, what do you make of these?

Michael Cohen says Donald Trump will flee to Mar-a-Lago and never return to White House

Without naming president, ex-attorney admits he acted 'at the direction of candidate'  
Without naming president, ex-attorney admits he acted 'at the direction of candidate'

Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen said the president would likely flee the White House for Mar-a-Lago at Christmas and not return for Joe Biden's inauguration in January.

Speaking on MSNBC, Michael Cohen said the president would probably fight the election result until January and beyond from the comfort of his Florida escape.

“I would not be shocked if there is no concession speech at all. My theory is that at Christmas time he goes to Mar-a-Lago. I think he will stay there through the inauguration. I would not be shocked if he will not show up to the inauguration either,” Mr Cohen said.

“He cannot let the camera look at him and basically pull down the curtain and see the wizard standing beside. He is just a loser and it is killing him and, right now, what is going on in the White House is nothing but finger-pointing.”

As the president-elect gave a national address to the nation and began picking the first official posts to his incoming administration, the Trump administration called a "lid" on both Saturday and Sunday as the president spent his weekend playing golf.

While Mr Trump hasn't appeared in-person since the election results were announced, he was seen in video footage from the golf course posing with a bride on her wedding day.

Mr Trump told club members "we've got a long way to go", eluding to the legal battle ahead as he contests the results in key states, while tweeting claims the election was stolen and he won by "A LOT"

His first official in-person comments will be made on Fox News on Sunday night, where he is not expected to concede after tweeting the interview would focus on what he called "the Mail-In Ballot Hoax!"

Asked what the president planned on doing post-presidency, Mr Cohen said he would fight the result of the election even after Mr Biden's inauguration in January — possibly from a "Trump network" or media company, which was the goal of the first election bid.

"Donald Trump cannot accept the fact that he lost. To him, it is like calling him a loser, which is the worst thing in the world that you can call him," Mr Cohen said.

"He will fight this not just until January when he is now required to leave and go wherever he has to go, but he will do things post leaving that will make things very difficult for the Biden administration.”

13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

One of the House of Lords once more shows its class...why do we have to put up with these old duffers ?

Northern Ireland peer Lord Kilclooney has come under fire for a tweet referring to US vice-president-elect Kamala Harris as “the Indian”.

Ms Harris, who, of course, is American, has an Indian-born mother and Jamaican-born father.

Lord Kilclooney posted on Twitter: “What happens if Biden moves on and the Indian becomes President. Who then becomes Vice President?”

A number of MPs have said the tweet was “racist” and it “beggars belief”.

When challenged, Lord Kilclooney claimed he had not known the name of the vice-president-elect when he was tweeting.

Lord Kilclooney is no stranger to controversy - in 2018, he called the then taoiseach (Irish PM) Leo Varadkar a "typical Indian", which he later described as a mistake.

Ms Harris has faced racist remarks in the past. One study found that a quarter of the media coverage after Ms Harris' nomination as vice-presidential candidate included "racist and sexist stereotyping and tropes", including the "angry black woman" trope, and "birther" conspiracies that implied she was not born in the 

Ulster Unionist = Likely bigot  Soo no surprise to see him give an unnecessary label to a non-white non-proddy woman.   

File under ar5ehole.

CavySlaveJambo
17 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

I thought it would be CNN updating those figures not the election people. 

19 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

An anomaly? Well it couldn't be an instance of human error that gets picked up by checks and balances in the end, it must be proof that the whole election is fraudulent.

Felix Lighter
2 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I thought it would be CNN updating those figures not the election people. 

Surely CNN would be updating with the figures given to them by those doing the counting. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

An anomaly? Well it couldn't be an instance of human error that gets picked up by checks and balances in the end, it must be proof that the whole election is fraudulent.

The way their voting system works it wouldn't require the whole election to be fraudulent, just in what ever happens to be the most important swing states, checks and balances might suddenly be found wanting.

I've zero skin in the game tbh, my reply to ml was my first post on this thread. I felt the same this year as I did in 2016 that America had to choose between two awful candidates.

I would say though that whichever side of the fence you are on surely one would agree that any hint of dodgy voting practices or policing of the vote should be investigated and the links provided don't sit right with me personally. There may well be an innocent, rational explanation so will wait and see. Dodgy votes is for banana republics.  

Malinga the Swinga
53 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Presumably the election was only corrupt in states Trump lost in and not where he won

In addition, presume the senate/Congress elections where Republicans did well were not corrupt. 

Not much of a conspiracy. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Presumably the election was only corrupt in states Trump lost in and not where he won

In addition, presume the senate/Congress elections where Republicans did well were not corrupt. 

Not much of a conspiracy. 

Exactly, no mention of voter fraud in states Trump won.

On 08/11/2020 at 17:38, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Meh. Obviously happy to indulge in a bit of schadenfreude but the next few months are likely to be a complete shitshow with tens of thousands unnecessarily dying of COVID-19 and a reasonable chance of political violence (OK, terrorism) by QAnon lunatics / white supremacists or similar. Too many people still follow Trump’s words, and those parroted by his acolytes.

A disturbingly few high-level Republicans have called Biden what he is: President-Elect. Romney, Murkowski, G W Bush, and a few governors and house reps are the exceptions that I know of. This isn’t the way to start a peaceful transition of power.

Biden is not President Elect.

The fake news industrial complex calls zero.

Let the legal process run its course.

Legitimate votes only please.

8 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Absolutely, agree 100%, and at the end of it when your guy has still lost, will you accept the fact that Trump has lost and is nothing but a sore loser.

Biden 45k ahead in PA now.

What is it? 1800 mail in votes received after polls closed that courts are saying need to be set aside.

When is America going to open their eyes to the crook?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Biden 45k ahead in PA now.

What is it? 1800 mail in votes received after polls closed that courts are saying need to be set aside.

When is America going to open their eyes to the crook?

You are allowed to mail in your ballot on the day of the election, they were also waiting on ballots from the armed services up until the 12th in some states they were saying. 
I think they opened their eyes to the crook, well over 74 million in a country with over 300 million people. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are allowed to mail in your ballot on the day of the election, they were also waiting on ballots from the armed services up until the 12th in some states they were saying. 
I think they opened their eyes to the crook, well over 74 million in a country with over 300 million people. 

Yep.  But the actual number rec'd that were received (legally) post voting day were exceptionally low in the grand scheme of things.

Looks like absentee, mail in votes got their votes in early.  That included Armed Forces who due to Covid were also encouraged to get votes in early this time.

I think.

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep.  But the actual number rec'd that were received (legally) post voting day were exceptionally low in the grand scheme of things.

Looks like absentee, mail in votes got their votes in early.  That included Armed Forces who due to Covid were also encouraged to get votes in early this time.

I think.

Yeah but it still means ballots received after the polling day are ok. They said they were waiting on thousands of armed service voted that might never come. Democrats encouraged everyone to use postal ballots be star of Covid, Republicans said vote on the day because they’re not scared of Covid. 
Still doesn’t make Biden a crook, I think. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I thought he was joking at first, I’m still not sure 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😆?!?!

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought he was joking at first, I’m still not sure 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😆?!?!

He’s not.

I was watching some of these head cases getting interviewed on tv.

Thick as shit.

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He’s not.

I was watching some of these head cases getting interviewed on tv.

Thick as shit.

I wonder how many of them are also members of the 'flat earth society', I would not be shocked that it's a very high percentage.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I wonder how many of them are also members of the 'flat earth society', I would not be shocked that it's a very high percentage.

You’re probably right a lot of them.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)