Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I was thinking Trump might try to start some TV channel sort of Alex Jones style where he can continue the crazy.  Might get millions of the devoted cultists to pay a monthly subscription say.

But then again that would require some work on his part. The likes of Jones though crazy does actually work at the crazy broadcasting for hours.

I don't think Trump has either the dedication nor the ability to do that. And I have never understood how these people are captivated by him.

He has absolutely zero interest or  even a shred of entertainment value for me. I can barely listen to him for a minute without thinking don't I have some wet paint around here I could go watch dry instead.

Maybe he'll  "do a Salmond" and get a gig on RT ?    The irony / outrage / laughter * (delete as appropriate)  would be immense :scenes:    

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I was thinking Trump might try to start some TV channel sort of Alex Jones style where he can continue the crazy.  Might get millions of the devoted cultists to pay a monthly subscription say.

But then again that would require some work on his part. The likes of Jones though crazy does actually work at the crazy broadcasting for hours.

I don't think Trump has either the dedication nor the ability to do that. And I have never understood how these people are captivated by him.

He has absolutely zero interest or  even a shred of entertainment value for me. I can barely listen to him for a minute without thinking don't I have some wet paint around here I could go watch dry instead.

Hes got a TV channel for the crazies already. Fox News. 

22 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Hes got a TV channel for the crazies already. Fox News. 

Some of the crazies have turned on Fox News after they called Arizona for Biden, even heard Fox News being called (correctly imo) the 'fake news media' by Trump supporters.

You have to remember, the mob is fickle.

The Mighty Thor
24 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So is Biden in the IRA or what?

I think the answer to that question depends on your tea towel ownership credentials 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Some of the crazies have turned on Fox News after they called Arizona for Biden, even heard Fox News being called (correctly imo) the 'fake news media' by Trump supporters.

You have to remember, the mob is fickle.

First they'll flail about and attack everything external then eventually they'll turn on each other for not being cultist enough. 

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

First they'll flail about and attack everything external then eventually they'll turn on each other for not being cultist enough. 

Probably nearer the truth than you realise. 😄

Francis Albert

Amazing what a stir accurately quoting two words on here can stir. And doing so in a post which clearly stated how glad I was to see the back of Trump.

On reflection I should have criticised the BBC for its assumption that Britain and today's BBC deserves a word from Biden, as if Britain mattered much and as if the BBC was still a serious and  internationally respected broadcaster. 

I read the "special relationship" is at risk. Good - the UK 's belief in this  dangerous fiction and delusion should have been killed off years ago.

And the God Friday Agreement is to be enforced in international law. Again good, if breaches of the agreement are identified as well as appeals to the "spirit". And if it is enforced evenly for example by considering whether a customs barrier between NI and the rest of the UK is compatible with the term that says changes to the status of NI can only be made after a vote approving such change by the people of NI.

I hope  Biden and Harris success  and the US a full recovery from the Trump virus.

I do hope Biden can avoid the windy and dangerous rhetoric which for example Kennedy indulged in at his inauguration speech, setting an agenda leading to millions of civilians and military personnel dying over the next three decades and more. If nothing else positive, the Trump regime killed fewer Americans and others in conflict than almost all others in the last 75 years or more.

Oh dear the mask has slipped and that last bit confirms I am one of the deplorables!

21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If nothing else positive, the Trump regime killed fewer Americans and others in conflict than almost all others in the last 75 years or more.

Just a couple hundred thousand due to his pandemic response

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think the answer to that question depends on your tea towel ownership credentials 

My tea towels are from John Lewis, but I have a lovely mural on my gable end. Biden can gtf.

slide1.jpg

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

HRH is IRA sympathiser. Who knew ? 

Big Jock?

ANyway just a reminder of some of the Trump bullshit that Johnson's brexit is built on

image.png.82e39a01edb5b4341ea6217fd82bf5c7.png

17 hours ago, DarthVodka said:

I’ll be interested to see the chaos that trumpet creates after this and the in the next few months

@Justin Z is it possible he can be removed by the 25th (if I have that amendment right) if it gets bad? That would be premium viewing 

once he’s out of office the legal challenges will be queueing up for him 

Yeah you got it. It would be unprecedented and I don't think I like the idea of it being done unless an unimaginable emergency arises because of his actions.

Weakened Offender
42 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

My tea towels are from John Lewis, but I have a lovely mural on my gable end. Biden can gtf.

slide1.jpg

Biden will soon be running rings around Britain. Suck that up you silly little twerp. 😊

14 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

CBS,ABC,NBC, CNN, Facebook, Yahoo, Google, LA Times, NY Times, Washington Post etc etc etc right back at ya. Anyway the good news is Trumps gone (well almost) but now there's an IRA sympathiser in there.

Oh my word :lol:

2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Big Jock?

ANyway just a reminder of some of the Trump bullshit that Johnson's brexit is built on

image.png.82e39a01edb5b4341ea6217fd82bf5c7.png

Yeah, FA is likely gutted that the fabled "USA trade deal" that Donny promised isn't going to be quite so easy if Johnson ignores the GFA.  All those "brexit bonuses" not looking quite so fabulous now. Although TBF, Liz Truss  just signed a humdinger this week with the Faroes. 

51 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

slide1.jpg

EGDmCdR.gif

Weakened Offender
10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yeah, FA is likely gutted that the fabled "USA trade deal" that Donny promised isn't going to be quite so easy if Johnson ignores the GFA.  All those "brexit bonuses" not looking quite so fabulous now. Although TBF, Liz Truss  just signed a humdinger this week with the Faroes. 

Don't forget the tarrif wins she secured with Japan, for products we don't export 😀

6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Don't forget the tarrif wins she secured with Japan, for products we don't export 😀

Oh, I haven't : nor the stuff we can only sell them IF the EU doesn't take up their quotas under the existing EU/Japan trade deal. 👍

Weakened Offender
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Oh, I haven't : nor the stuff we can only sell them IF the EU doesn't take up their quotas under the existing EU/Japan trade deal. 👍

Taking back control, likesay 👍

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

slide1.jpg

That looks like the boy from the McEwan's Export cans on the back of a unicorn. 

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Joe has probably already forgotten where Britain is, just like he forgot that his paternal ancestry is English.

IMG_20201108_141521.jpg

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Just a couple hundred thousand due to his pandemic response

If I am a "contrarian" it is because of posts like this that plough on with the author's agenda without bearing any relationship with the post (or part post) quoted. How does your reply relate to the killing of Americans and others in conflict?

I'll give you a clue. It doesn't.

29 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If I am a "contrarian" it is because of posts like this that plough on with the author's agenda without bearing any relationship with the post (or part post) quoted. How does your reply relate to the killing of Americans and others in conflict?

In the sense that Trump's ineptitude lowered America's influence around the world, making US imperalism more difficult, you may have the semblance of the beginning of a point. Let's hope we're so out of sorts for the next decade that at least the next two presidents can't continue it fully.

Civilian casualties, especially in the Middle East, shot up under him though, so I'm afraid your assertion that he is somehow better is just wrong.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Seymour's hero is pure Green Brigade

I was warming to the cut of Biden's jib too until that off-the-cuff comment tbh.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets the provo funeral salute when he pegs it mid-way through the first term.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxBaOmnxeLq-CGq17Fx8n

6 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The Four Seasons thing, it could have come straight out of an episode of The Thick Of It, tremendous!

For anyone who is unaware, Trump tweeted to say they would be holding a press conference at Four Seasons (well known hotel), deleted the tweet then put out another Tweet saying the Press conference would be held Four Seasons Total Lanscaping. They proceeded to have a press conference in the parking lot, next to a sex shop called Fantasy Island and across the road from a crematorium.

Article here. Google Street View here. My favourite bit so far is the rusted oil drum, I haven't managed to find the sex shop yet.

Edited by Stokesy

5 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

For anyone who is unaware, Trump tweeted to say they would be holding a press conference at Four Seasons (well known hotel), deleted the tweet then put out another Tweet saying the Press conference would be held Four Season Total Lanscaping. They proceeded to have a press conference in the parking lot, next to a sex shop called Fantasy Island and across the road from a crematorium.

Article here. Google Street View here. My favourite bit so far is the rusted oil drum, I haven't managed to find the sex shop yet.

Found the sex shop.

57 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Trump going nuts again on twitter. Still in total denial. 

Watching the losing orange buffoon having a complete mental meltdown in the coming days/weeks/months is going to be quite delightful, and this is only the start, the best is yet to come.

1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

For anyone who is unaware, Trump tweeted to say they would be holding a press conference at Four Seasons (well known hotel), deleted the tweet then put out another Tweet saying the Press conference would be held Four Seasons Total Lanscaping. They proceeded to have a press conference in the parking lot, next to a sex shop called Fantasy Island and across the road from a crematorium.

I'm guessing the people that usually arrange stuff/vet Trump's crap are either off with coronavirus or just had enough of his crap now that they know he has lost.

There will be a pile of his staff sorting out their CVs at this very moment.

1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

Also.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

In the sense that Trump's ineptitude lowered America's influence around the world, making US imperalism more difficult, you may have the semblance of the beginning of a point. Let's hope we're so out of sorts for the next decade that at least the next two presidents can't continue it fully.

Civilian casualties, especially in the Middle East, shot up under him though, so I'm afraid your assertion that he is somehow better is just wrong.

A semblance of an idea? The kindest thing you have posted about me. Mellowing with age?

But that wasn't really my idea and I am not going to go behind a pay wall for your link. I doubt it is related to my point about the relatively benign impact of the Trump administration on military and civilian casualties of war compared to most administrations in the last 75 years or so (a period roughly corresponding to my lifetime). Particularly given the dire predictions that Trump would lead us into war with North Korea and Iran, potentially nuclear war.

Of US presidents in my timescale Truman of course got off to an early lead within a short time of his election, at least in the case of civilian casualties. The Korean war under Truman and Eisenhauer killed millions and Ike's build up of the US military fed future conflicts. Kennedy with his absurd pledge to pay any price, bear any any burden, to support any friend ... blah blah in supporting liberty and its success led to the death of millions under Johnson and Nixon. The Bushes continued the American dream of liberation of peoples who did not ask to be liberated ... or to die for the American ideal of "liberty". The UK was of course was with the US most of the way (except for Wilson's brave refusal on Vietnam).

I only said that ONE positive of the otherwise horrible Trump regime was that it killed fewer people in war (Americans and others) than most of his predecessors  in the last 75 years. 

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I only said that ONE positive of the otherwise horrible Trump regime was that it killed fewer people in war (Americans and others) than most of his predecessors  in the last 75b years. 

You're free to say whatever you want, whilst simultaneously being completely wrong. Carry on.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

You're free to say whatever you want, whilst simultaneously being completely wrong. Carry on.

OK I must have missed the Trump atomic bombs, the Trump Korea, the Trump Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos, the Trump Gulf Wars. Not to mention the Trump imposition of murderous dictatorships around the world.

But thanks to the USA for being free to say what I want!

Edited by Francis Albert

Just now, Francis Albert said:

OK I must have missed the Trump atomic bombs, the Trump Korea, the Trump Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos, the Trump Gulf Wars. Not to mention the Trump imposition of murderous dictatorships around the world.

Yes Chad | Know Your Meme

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)