U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's took him 4 years but he might finally drain the swamp if somehow Republicans lose the senate ( I'm not sure what happens if it is 50-50 )

The Vice President gets the casting vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tie-breaking_votes_cast_by_the_vice_president_of_the_United_States

Edited by redjambo

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

It's took him 4 years but he might finally drain the swamp if somehow Republicans lose the senate ( I'm not sure what happens if it is 50-50 )

Komala Harris gets the deciding vote.

Seriously.

🙂

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I think its the Veep that gets the casting vote

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

New VP ?

VP in place at the time that the vote is cast. So would still be Pence until Harris sworn in.

Edit: As far as I am aware, anyway.

Edited by redjambo

4 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I was watching footage earlier of 'counters' filling in empty ballots. Shocking. 

Aye, I'm sure you were. 🤨 I hope that you verified the information, including context, especially with regards to the fake claims and details that are flying about at the moment, and didn't just accept it at face value because it coincides with your own beliefs and opinions.

CavySlaveJambo
2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Surely by now the media can come up with the magic number in Penn that will make it official?

Some have already projected it. 

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Trump (or a saner member of his camp) has claimed the election has been rigged or the entire electoral system in the US is corrupt. 

It's funny how it wasn't rigged when he won. 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I can see him setting up his own party to challenge the Republicans.

He's already tried that,  got nowhere ...... after getting nowhere with the Democrats.    Shame on the Republican heirarchy and state reps for allowing him to climb their ladder.      Karma coming their way now, at least.

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

He's already tried that,  got nowhere ...... after getting nowhere with the Democrats.    Shame on the Republican heirarchy and state reps for allowing him to climb their ladder.      Karma coming their way now, at least.

He's got a huge following though, and desire for revenge. Junior's comments about the weak Republican Party might well be an indicator of how his father is thinking. If the bigwigs at the GOP won't follow Trump until the bitter end, a schism is very likely, imo.

33 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I was watching footage earlier of 'counters' filling in empty ballots. Shocking. 

Illegal aliens probably. Fill in ballots and get an American passport. The democrats have been at it for years. Plotting away in the cellars of paedo pizza parlours. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Illegal aliens probably. Fill in ballots and get an American passport. The democrats have been at it for years. Plotting away in the cellars of paedo pizza parlours. 

Yes, but the problem is that no-one will believe you because they're all being brainwashed by the media!

12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s fair to say Michael Rapaport is pleased with Trump’s demise. 
May contain a swear word or two. 

Cracking rant

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Pleasing things:

1) Trump getting sent back to Wonka’s chocolate factory, the massive *****

2) Wanks like Owen Jones gutted that a centrist won when ‘only the left’ have the answer

3) The ales I’m about to get fired into

4) **** and the Gang’s YouTube latest

44 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I was watching Sleepy Joe personally filling in piles and piles of ballots and then handing them directly to the counters. Disgrace.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

123784541_10158704525608363_1767086478137958173_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=yDQtnTW5GPIAX94LpPf&_nc_ht=scontent.fedi1-1.fna&oh=a31d5dc90bbd409e61a3d1a6a558c214&oe=5FCCB3B5

image.png.5bded7c0ac7d5b3fdc7ec77ab01c4b10.png

Joe Biden's none to happy with the treatment of Northern Ireland in the Brexit 'plans'. It'll be interesting to see how he takes to that wankstain Mogg & his twat chums.

Too many people to reply to so will do it here - yes, I saw the footage on Instagram. A police officer was next to the person when they were doing it. I know that it was electoral fraud because I have been with my American families when they have voted so I know what the process is. 

Regardless of who you vote for, electoral fraud is wrong. Let's just hope that what was caught on tape did not influence the election but indeed it is terrible to see. Fair is fair and cheating - in any form - is not.

20 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Joe Biden's none to happy with the treatment of Northern Ireland in the Brexit 'plans'. It'll be interesting to see how he takes to that wankstain Mogg & his twat chums.

Indeed.   Malcolm Rifkind gave a brilliant explanation last weekend of why USA under Biden or Trump will be very difficult to agree a trade deal with, regardless of who our PM is.    Boris is actually closer to Biden's priorities (NATO, WHO, Climate Change, Iran Nuke deal etc) than he is to Trumps.      Pie in the sky stuff from Brexiteers  

6 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Too many people to reply to so will do it here - yes, I saw the footage on Instagram. A police officer was next to the person when they were doing it. I know that it was electoral fraud because I have been with my American families when they have voted so I know what the process is. 

Regardless of who you vote for, electoral fraud is wrong. Let's just hope that what was caught on tape did not influence the election but indeed it is terrible to see. Fair is fair and cheating - in any form - is not.

Let’s be honest. You don’t know what you watched. 

6 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Sounds like the solid evidence we have all been waiting for. Should make the court case very interesting. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Sounds like the solid evidence we have all been waiting for. Should make the court case very interesting. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Yawn.

1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

My front yard is covered in Trump ballots so what should I do with them 🤥

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)