• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s neck and neck at 47 each is it not? They were saying the markets wanted Biden to win and that there will be a run off in Georgie in January to see who runs the Senate. Apologies if I’ve picked that up wrong. 

It will probably end up 48 Dem - 50 Republican, with the remaining 2 seats (both in Georgia) going to a run-off. And Republicans would probably be favoured in at least one of the two run-off seats, but nothing is guaranteed - too many variables. If it does somehow end up 50-50, the VP basically has a tie-breaking vote.

CavySlaveJambo
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We still need a post presidency Trump thread. No? 

We need something for the next 10 weeks or so.  

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Forgot to add Bidens secret service code name is CELTIC if anybody want to will a win for Trump

My Secret Service code name is JAMBO.  I'll inform them immediately I join the 2024 campaign for President.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Congratulations to Kamala Harris too.

A possible contender for 2024. 

She’ll takeover around the mid terms imo.  Can’t see Biden doing more than 2-3 years. He’s a transitional president. 

Georgia recount confirmed.

Though seems to be that means it can be requested but still to be confirmed. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’s actually quite embarrassing the way that media outlets are calling Trump out for his lies and cutting him off in mid flow now that they know he’s going to lose. Bottle jobs

5 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

By the way, Stacey Abrams deserves massive credit for what she did in Georgia, no matter what the end result there.

The template 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s actually quite embarrassing the way that media outlets are calling Trump out for his lies and cutting him off in mid flow now that they know he’s going to lose. Bottle jobs

I thought that too. Where was that four years ago? It's not new. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Aye, that's what's embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

A change partly brought about by social media companies. 

A line drawn on conspiracy theories. 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

And worse, they're getting kowtowed to from many quarters for "calling out Trump's lies for the last half decade." :lol:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that after five years of this shit show only one thing can be embarrassing. 😄

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

It will probably end up 48 Dem - 50 Republican, with the remaining 2 seats (both in Georgia) going to a run-off. And Republicans would probably be favoured in at least one of the two run-off seats, but nothing is guaranteed - too many variables. If it does somehow end up 50-50, the VP basically has a tie-breaking vote.

Interesting, Biden needs an even sort of split to get things passed, or ends up like Obama in being a lame duck as it were. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, westbow said:

Won't see Melania for dust. That's the reason for all the secret service guys, stopping her doing a runner.

What about her stunt double 🤷🏾‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting, Biden needs an even sort of split to get things passed, or ends up like Obama in being a lame duck as it were. 

Biden and McConnell are supposed to have a record of working together - maybe he'll find a shred of decency and start working for the people instead of holding the country back.

Kalamazoo Jambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yep, it's really not a great situation.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

She'll be left behind.

Trump probably wouldn't notice.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

She'll find a way to avoid publicity. She's a very cunning stunt.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

And her charming husband is a very cupid stunt 😉

Bazzas right boot

The difference between winning and losing is incredible--wafer thin, it's a really divided country. 

Big city divide v rural is significant, reminds me of the brexit vote. 

Lots of work to do. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, jamboj said:

What is the gap now?

43k, 3 red rural areas to report more along with phoenix it looks like. 

City dumps seem to be significantly bigger and leaning heavy towards Biden. 

90% reported. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Barack said:

220k left in AZ. Biden needs 39-41%. Trump needs 58-60%.

Guardian just now saying trump won the latest batch 55-45, which wouldn't be enough

The more states Biden takes the easier the eviction becomes, so hopefully he holds on there and the lead widens in Pennsylvania

Bazzas right boot

The stop the count thing was planned as well. 

Republicans stopped the post ballots being counted before hand in some states knowing they'd be ahead initially after on the day ballot posts. 

They then run the rhetoric out about votes after the ballots closed be cast. 

They could then claim a victory and then moan like ****,stirring up the tribes and the lunatics about fraud etc. 

It's calculated. 

Folk fall for it. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

220k left in AZ. Biden needs 39-41%. Trump needs 58-60%.

Phoenix being part of that should mean it's OK. 

Not a gimme tho, strange they called that so early. 

All that counts now is Pennsylvania. If Biden wins that he's through. And he's currently on to win it by a sufficient margin to remove any doubt.

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I will have missed the reason why in the last however many pages but why the thread title change?

It was changed around the time Biden took the lead in Pennsylvania. Winning Pennsylvania makes it very, very likely that he will take the Presidency.

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I will have missed the reason why in the last however many pages but why the thread title change?

comedy-genre.jpg

Dusk_Till_Dawn
34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

More than one thing can be embarrassing at the same time 

GOP Senator: Calls on counting votes need to be consistent 

From CNN's Ted Barrett

Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt, a member of the Senate GOP leadership, said President Trump has a right to want to make sure all legal votes are counted. However, he warned the President needs to be consistent: 

You can't stop the count in one state and decide you want the count to continue in another state. That might be how you'd like to see the system work, but that's not how the system works.” 

Blunt, who as Rules Committee chairman is heavily involved in inaugural planning, said he expects the election outcome to be concluded in the next 10 days or so.

“Part of the obligation of leadership is you should always have in your mind how do I leave,” he said.

“Win or lose, both candidates should have been thinking about transition now for some time. And we will have a transition. And I think this will all be settled within the next 10 days or so.”

Blunt was in the Capitol to preside over a brief pro-forma session of the Senate. He spoke off-camera to reporters. 

luckyBatistuta
19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The difference between winning and losing is incredible--wafer thin, it's a really divided country. 

Big city divide v rural is significant, reminds me of the brexit vote. 

Lots of work to do. 

It does indeed, folk not willing to accept a democratic vote, just like the Brexit, just like the Indyref and let’s not kid ourselves that had Trump won, they would have accepted that either. Every fekr wanting their own way nowadays and nothing else🤯

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, redjambo said:

She is indeed 😃

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Trump is setting up his sons to take over. 

"trumphism" is here to stay for a while. 

I listened to a few of their representatives and they talk about God, christ and a holy war. 

Off the scale extremism at a high level in office. 

One was argueing that all votes need counted and when the interviewer said trump actually wants to stop counting and that it is taking longer because of the post ballots being counted, she kept going on about not counting and fraud. 

They think trump is anti establishment as well. 

Surreal stuff. 

Quite likely, imo.  It's one of the reasons why he won't concede - better to fuel 4 years of simmering anger among his nutjob supporters at how Biden "stole" the election.    Eric or Donald Jnr  may well tap into that and go for the nomination in 2024, although you'd hope there must be some moderate voices within the Republican establishment who'll try hard to find a more traditional & acceptable candidate whose name isn't Trump or Kushner.

It would seem that the nutjobs enabling Trump's excesses aren't just confined to the political appointees though -

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Cancel culture?

14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It does indeed, folk not willing to accept a democratic vote, just like the Brexit, just like the Indyref and let’s not kid ourselves that had Trump won, they would have accepted that either. Every fekr wanting their own way nowadays and nothing else🤯

When did the YES campaign refuse to accept the validity of the vote ? 

Indyref 2 will be a separate election just as in the next general election. 

It's fine to campaign for something you believe in, threatening legal action when you lose is something else. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

When did the YES campaign refuse to accept the validity of the vote ? 

Indyref 2 will be a separate election just as in the next general election. 

It's fine to campaign for something you believe in, threatening legal action when you lose is something else. 

I’m talking about the voters, folk taking to the street protesting and not willing to accept a democratic vote, claiming to be cheated etc. I voted Yes, I was gutted to lose, but I moved on as it was what the majority voted for. I’ve noticed plenty folk crying for the Yes voters to move on and accept it and yet then turn around and refuse to accept the result of the Brexit vote. Plenty of hypocrites on both sides of this vote too, who wouldn’t have accepted the outcome of this vote either.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)