U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

John Gentleman
6 minutes ago, RobboM said:

God has sent a plague to USA to undermine Trump this year
God has given Biden nearly 4m more votes
Won't you listen to God?

God only exists between a person's lugs.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully Biden takes the remainder of the Georgia votes. I'm currently seeing Trump leading by just 463 with a little over 1% still to be counted.

Under Georgia law, a candidate can request a recount if the margin is less than 0.5 percent of votes cast. That request must be made within two days of results being certified.

John Gentleman
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Arizona declared for Biden?

Vote counting slow as pouring treacle in these two states. Methinks it'll be decided before the two of them declare.

1 minute ago, John Gentleman said:

Vote counting slow as pouring treacle in these two states. Methinks it'll be decided before the two of them declare.

I'm seeing Arizona declared for Biden who now has a total of 264 electoral votes. Any remaining state clinches it for Biden.

2 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Purely speculative but i reckon they will be slowing down to ensure there's no mistakes. There's also the example where one county had a ballot printing error so there's additional steps in place to check/verify. 

Diligence now is a safety net against a Trump attack later.

John Gentleman
Just now, gashauskis9 said:

Boom.  ‘Mon the Georgia 

It's flipped (marginally) there, but remember the provisional/deployed military vote will favour the Republicans. Still reckon the main game is playing out in PA.

John Gentleman
1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

Purely speculative but i reckon they will be slowing down to ensure there's no mistakes. There's also the example where one county had a ballot printing error so there's additional steps in place to check/verify. 

Fair points.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

What a total embarrassment of a human Donald Trump is.

He is mentally unhinged, total narcissist, there is no way he will accept defeat I expect this to get messy. All the Trump nut jobs could cause a lot of trouble....reports of guys in a Humvee trying to get into the Pennsylvania voting office, complete nuts, and Trump just keeps on stoking the fire.......😖😖

9 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

The pace will slow naturally even without the added bullshit caused by Trump. Counting votes is a tedious process so the people doing it will be bored and tired by now.

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

To chant or not to chant? Or what to chant? Oh the confusion.

That would be funny if it was a couple of wags doing it for a laugh and everyone joined in for a laugh.

But these are Americ...sorry right wing nut job cultists......

36 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

It's flipped (marginally) there, but remember the provisional/deployed military vote will favour the Republicans. Still reckon the main game is playing out in PA.

Again bizarre he would get the forces votes considering what he says about forces killed in action, selling them out via the Russians and them being in tears when they were pulled out of Syria because they know they shouldn't have been. 

It's just one election.

Yanks with guns eh...

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

What a total embarrassment of a human Donald Trump is.

The 2 elder sons are equally as unhinged and the daughter as narcissistic and nasty.

What a dynasty....

A free press is so important in times like these. It’s heartening to hear the majority challenge Trump on his nonsense last night. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

A free press is so important in times like these. It’s heartening to hear the majority challenge Trump on his nonsense last night. 

I hold so much hope for this. A free, unbiased, challenging media is what is normal in a democracy. 

They (in the UK) don't even challenge the incumbents anymore which allows corruption to flourish.

Trump is just repeating his normal way of challenging anything that goes against him. 

It's just his way of doing things. Nothing new. 

Hagar the Horrible

In Penn there is 163k votes left to count, which will happen at 5pm ET  with under 18k required for a turnover, Biden has this now, and with a turnover in Georgia now confirmed, Arizona in which Trump is the one closing the gap, could now be a dead rubber

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

In Penn there is 163k votes left to count, which will happen at 5pm ET  with under 18k required for a turnover, Biden has this now, and with a turnover in Georgia now confirmed, Arizona in which Trump is the one closing the gap, could now be a dead rubber

Using those figures he only needs 56% of the vote. He's been getting over 60%.

CavySlaveJambo
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It’s only Pittsburgh/Allegheny County that aren’t counting until 5pm EST.  

CavySlaveJambo
2 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

Large 80% + in favour of Biden ballot drops 

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

I am sure when I went to bed that Northapton and Monroe Counties were red and marginal, they are now blue, with 5% left to count

John Gentleman
25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Again bizarre he would get the forces votes considering what he says about forces killed in action, selling them out via the Russians and them being in tears when they were pulled out of Syria because they know they shouldn't have been. 

It's just one election.

Yanks with guns eh...

It's actually prevalent here in Oz with the the armed forces too. They'll always vote in favour of the Liberals (Tories). I have no idea why. Indoctrination perhaps?

I'm a bit of a lone wolf in my job here (as a civilian employee) embedded with the military as a leftie/progressive. I've given up trying to work it out.

Edited by John Gentleman

1 minute ago, John Gentleman said:

It's actually prevalent here in Oz with the the armed forces too. They'll always vote in favour of the Liberals (Tories). I have no idea why. Indoctrination perhaps?

I'm a bit of a lone wolf in my job here (as a civilian emplyee) embedded with the military as a leftie/progressive. I've given up trying to work it out.

Some comfort that forces were encouraged to get ballots in early due to Covid, so I think (hope) are being counted along way...

I P Knightley
59 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm seeing Arizona declared for Biden who now has a total of 264 electoral votes. Any remaining state clinches it for Biden.

I've not seen AZ declaring yet. BBC's map shows 10% of votes still to be counted and the margin has narrowed since this time yesterday. So Trump wouldn't want the count to be stopped.

BBC showing GA as blue is quite something. Very slender margins but when he wakes up, Donnie will poop his pyjamas. Recount all but certain there, although they've gone quiet on demanding one in Wisconsin.

I must say I prefer the approach taken by NC, ie to do all the counting before sharing any numbers. It would at least keep some of the Trumpists a bit quiet.

42 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

'kin excellent! Properly made me laugh!

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I've not seen AZ declaring yet. BBC's map shows 10% of votes still to be counted and the margin has narrowed since this time yesterday. So Trump wouldn't want the count to be stopped.

BBC showing GA as blue is quite something. Very slender margins but when he wakes up, Donnie will poop his pyjamas. Recount all but certain there, although they've gone quiet on demanding one in Wisconsin.

I must say I prefer the approach taken by NC, ie to do all the counting before sharing any numbers. It would at least keep some of the Trumpists a bit quiet.

Check the old boys coupon....caught

I would just like to point out that Biden has won Michigan by ~20,000. Jo Jorgensen, the Libertarian candidate, got about 60,000 votes.

Biden is hanging on in Georgia, where Jorgensen has also received 60,000 votes to now.

You lot telling me if I didn't cast my ballot for Biden I'd be giving my vote to Trump? You all can, with the best spirited of intentions, ram it. :lol: A THIRD-PARTY VOTE WAS A VOTE FOR BIDEN.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.8e6fcbdac43c7b6b0db52f4fe876b123.png

It was trump that wanted vote counting to be stopped tho, not the other way. 

That statement makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It was trump that wanted vote counting to be stopped tho, not the other way. 

That statement makes no sense.

Trump supporters are the All Lives Matter, anti-BLM crowd.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

The margin has widened as more votes are being counted 

Was 8k yesterday at 75%, now 12k at the. 88% or whatever it is now. 

Postal votes are favouring Biden. 

Hagar the Horrible

Could/Should Trump face the courts for just lying all the time and making false claims during an election.  If Corben had came out with even a fraction of that he would be jailed.  The rules on elections must be tightened, Trump has made a mockery of democracy.

If I was Biden, when he next faces the press to claim victory, just slowly raise a finger and say....YOUR FIRED!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Trump supporters are the All Lives Matter, anti-BLM crowd.

Ffs, eyes playing tricks 

That's quite amusing... 😂

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The margin has widened as more votes are being counted 

Was 8k yesterday at 75%, now 12k at the. 88% or whatever it is now. 

Postal votes are favouring Biden. 

Pish, that was Nevada I was talking about. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, alfajambo said:

Remember, Remember the 5th of November, 1605.

Trump has been completely vindicated and will serve 4 more years.

Seriously, seek help. Stop taking medication, speak to doctor/minister/psychologist and talk it out. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Seriously, seek help. Stop taking medication, speak to doctor/minister/psychologist and talk it out. 

tenor.gif

This has been such a quality distraction from all the covid shite. Basically been glued to cnn all week marvelling at the absurdity of america. Absolute freakshow of a country and whatever happens I still have zero respect for it, because even if (when) Biden wins it should never have been this close. 

To sum up 

El-KysVWkAAEWLa.jpg

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)