• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

tenor.gif

;)

The big question of the night is though: Which will be first, Georgia to come up with the goods or you to post your 30,000th post here on JKB (forgetting posts that were lost in JKB's previous incarnations). Could be a night of double celebration!

Just now, Ulysses said:

Time for change.

change-money-minimum-wage.jpg

:D

Seriously tho, why didn't the dems go for someone younger. They won when Bill and Barack were young and full of life. Crazy that they've went like for like against Donald. Don't mind old joe, tho. And he should keep his mask off (Social distancing) because what a difference a smile makes. 

A Boy Named Crow
Just now, redjambo said:

;)

The big question of the night is though: Which will be first, Georgia to come up with the goods or you to post your 30,000th post here on JKB (forgetting posts that were lost in JKB's previous incarnations). Could be a night of double celebration!

As if the tension wasn't unbearable already!!!

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Seriously tho, why didn't the dems go for someone younger. They won when Bill and Barack were young and full of life. Crazy that they've went like for like against Donald. Don't mind old joe, tho. And he should keep his mask off (Social distancing) because what a difference a smile makes. 

Because the are prepping America for a female President.

1 minute ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

As if the tension wasn't unbearable already!!!

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You are right.  Clinton was 46 when he was elected, Obama was 47.

Trump's lead in Georgia continues to narrow with new Clayton County results

From CNN's Josiah Ryan

Joe Biden continued to cut into President Trump's narrow lead in Georgia, with new results just released in Clayton Country, CNN's John King reports. 

Of the roughly 1,300 votes released around 9:15 p.m. ET, 1,154 were for Biden while 165 were for President Trump, giving Biden 86% of the votes in that tranche.

Clayton County, a Democratic stronghold included in the Atlanta metropolitan area, still has 5,726 uncounted ballots which officials say will be released by midnight.

If Biden continues to win votes at 86% or above, Clayton County alone could put Trump's path to the presidency in serious peril, noted King. 

VP? Or Michelle? 

Not Michelle.

Just any to be honest.  But...   She quite clearly takes over if Joe kicks the bucket.

If they sign up for Biden, who is quite clearly not gonna make 2 terms.  They are signing up for the willingness to have a female President.

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Trump's lead in Georgia continues to narrow with new Clayton County results

From CNN's Josiah Ryan

Joe Biden continued to cut into President Trump's narrow lead in Georgia, with new results just released in Clayton Country, CNN's John King reports. 

Of the roughly 1,300 votes released around 9:15 p.m. ET, 1,154 were for Biden while 165 were for President Trump, giving Biden 86% of the votes in that tranche.

Clayton County, a Democratic stronghold included in the Atlanta metropolitan area, still has 5,726 uncounted ballots which officials say will be released by midnight.

If Biden continues to win votes at 86% or above, Clayton County alone could put Trump's path to the presidency in serious peril, noted King. 

13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

;)

IF YOU COUNT THE LEGAL POSTS, I WIN EASILY!

IF YOU COUNT THE ILLEGAL POSTS, I ALSO WIN EASILY!

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

It is indeed a special night! :)

Georgia left then, has she?  :laugh:

'n'all'n'anyways, when I wake up in the morning I expect to hear that Biden has taken the lead in Georgia and Pennsylvania, and that both are still counting. 

Kalamazoo Jambo

I’m not counting Arizona or Nevada yet, so Georgia alone not enough (also, probably too close to definitively call tonight).

But Pennsylvania...

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Georgia left then, has she?  :laugh:

'n'all'n'anyways, when I wake up in the morning I expect to hear that Biden has taken the lead in Georgia and Pennsylvania, and that both are still counting. 

Yup. I paid for her taxi though. ;)

May your overnight expectations come true!

Just now, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Nope. It has retained its previous shape.

BBC had it percentage all square. 1600 votes in it. 

1 minute ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Nope. It has retained its previous shape.

:D Chastise yourself accordingly.

Nevada governor calls Trump's remarks "dangerous"

From CNN’s Andy Rose

As the state’s presidential election results remain too close to call, the Democratic governor of Nevada has criticized President Trump’s claim Thursday that the election is being stolen from him.

“President Trump’s comments to the American people tonight on the election were misleading, dangerous, and – most concerningly – false,” Gov. Steve Sisolak said in a written statement.

Joe Biden led in Nevada by more than 11,000 votes Thursday night, with no further updates expected from the state until Friday.

Saying he had “utmost confidence” in his state’s election officials, Sisolak promised they would continue to make sure every vote is counted, regardless of the President’s statements.

“It was clear that the intent of his message was to undermine the public’s confidence in the integrity of our election processes and system, which in turn undermines one of the core pillars of our democracy,” Sisolak said.

Where's all the high ranking Republicans? 

They're set to lose remember.

Do you think they give a shit if things kick off?

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

% wise it is. 

Biden will be up in real terms very soon.

Stauner time.

It was a geographical joke.

image.png

At least 3 Georgia counties have stopped counting ballots

From CNN’s Jason Morris and Chuck Johnston

At least three counties across Georgia have stopped counting ballots for the night, county officials told CNN Thursday evening.

This includes, Cobb County, an Atlanta suburb where Hillary Clinton won by a small margin in 2016 and Taylor County, located roughly 100 miles south of Atlanta.

Gwinnett County, the second largest county in the state, has stopped counting ballots for the evening and plan to update their results to Georgia's Secretary of State website on Friday morning.

How can this still be apt in 2020?

Has nothing actually changed?

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side

It's s time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, now, what's that sound
Stop, children, what's that sound

Kalamazoo Jambo

Did Michigan steal part of Winconsin back in the day? 

No, but there is a story about how Michigan ended up with the Upper Peninsula (UP) rather than Wisconsin. Michigan basically did a deal that gave it statehood and the UP, in return for settling a land dispute with Ohio.

https://www.wpr.org/why-isnt-part-wisconsin

John Gentleman

Slightly off topic, but some of the commercial advertising on the CNN is really quite alien to me/here. Drugs and health monitoring devices, home security, health insurance etc. All a bit wierd....

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Wisconsin was originally part of the Michigan Territory until it was hived off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Territory

3 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

No, but there is a story about how Michigan ended up with the Upper Peninsula (UP) rather than Wisconsin. Michigan basically did a deal that gave it statehood and the UP, in return for settling a land dispute with Ohio.

https://www.wpr.org/why-isnt-part-wisconsin

Thanks folks 👍

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Slightly off topic, but some of the commercial advertising on the CNN is really quite alien to me/here. Drugs and health monitoring devices, home security, health insurance etc. All a bit wierd....

I moved to the US in 2001 and seeing prescription drugs advertised on TV was jarring, to say the least.

So now exactly what i thought may happen is beginning to kick off. With that wack job Alex Jones stirring it up.

In Maricopa county, where Joe Biden’s lead over Donald Trump has been shrinking as election officials have continued to count ballots, a large group of rightwing, pro-Trump protesters has crowded outside a major elections center.

5 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

:D I thought that too. What also I found a bit weird was the fact that a couple of drug adverts I watched told you all the bad side effects you could get (serious ones too!).

3 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I moved to the US in 2001 and seeing prescription drugs advertised on TV was jarring, to say the least.

"tell your doctor"

They want people to diagnose and prescribe themselves. The doc is just a middleman. It's bizarre. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

When not if?

Oops 😬 

Sleep deprivation catching up with me :laugh: 

Edited my original post.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)