Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The irony of Cubans in Florida supporting Trump because they don't want a Castro. As Trump tries to hobble an election and made it clear all along he was going to.

Never even thought about that. Probably alot of people wishing they had Dundee FC powers

24 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Is it just me that thinks she is a child bond Villian?

No she is ridiculous but not as ridiculous as her supporters and parents.

23 minutes ago, Gone said:

Concession incoming?

:) No way José. If there ever is a concession, it will be loaded with so much fraud, cheat and lie accusations that it won't be like a concession at all.

More from the Grauniad:

There are 47,277 ballots left to be counted in Georgia, according to secretary of state Brad Raffensperger.

As of now, Donald Trump’s lead stands at 12,835 votes, so Joe Biden would have to win about 64% of the remaining ballots to flip the state.

That is still possible because many of the remaining ballots were cast in Democratic-leaning counties, but it will be a very close final result regardless.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Rats jumping. Or asked to do something even he couldn't agree too...?!

Screenshot_20201105-205748_Twitter.jpg

Curiouser and curiouser.   It'll hopefully come out in the wash soon ....... ☺️

Last night when I went to my bed just after 11 I thought...probably hear something by mid-morning tomorrow (this morning). 
WTF are they doing over there???

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Last night when I went to my bed just after 11 I thought...probably hear something by mid-morning tomorrow (this morning). 

Doing their jobs.... counting votes...... ticking off the hours till Trump's presidency comes to an end.  👍

CavySlaveJambo
6 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Less than 100k in it in Penn now.  

And with roughly 4:1 in Biden’s favour in the remaining mail in ballots in some areas 

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

They’re still receiving mail votes which need to be counted.  Think the rules are different over there.  Over here, the vote needs to arrive before the Election Day.  Over there, I think as long as you post it before Election Day it counts (feel free to correct me folks).

Would be the same carnage over here at the moment, as there would be tonnes of mail votes. 

1 minute ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

And with roughly 4:1 in Biden’s favour in the remaining mail in ballots in some areas 

Just a matter of time now.  

Just heard some republican bint in Arizona moan and groan about the 'fake news media'............................yeh, Fox News, whilst the crowd shouted 'Fox News sucks, Fox News sucks'.  :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Joe speaking live.

Already doing the president gig, addressing the COVID crisis whilst the current POTUS hides in a bunker on Twitter gorging on Big Macs. 

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

This one brings a lump to the throat. Just to think how far that country has fallen in 12 short years.

I didn't see it at the time; I was working overseas with a colleague who is a strong Democrat and wanted to take me out to celebrate with him. I didn't see much at all that night!

If you look around Youtube, you'll also find clips of McCain rebuffing some of his supporters for asking dumb-ass questions revolving around Obama being a horned devil or somesuch shite. He was a good man.

I’ll second this. The work John McCain did on the Magnitsky Act was incredible. 

John Gentleman
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’ll second this. The work John McCain did on the Magnitsky Act was incredible. 

He was the GOP's last moral anchor. Since his death it's been downhill all the way.

Dems now 10-1 ON to take Penn and Repubs 7-1 against. The Donald is out on his fat hairy old arse and he will do so with no class or dignity whatsoever, in sharp contrast to Bush Senior and John McCain, who specifically requested that the then recently elected Trump not be present at his funeral. Barack Obama was there and gave a speech.

i would love to see the Donald doing a lengthy stretch in the clink as he so richly deserves but unfortunately I don’t see it happening.

Edited by SwindonJambo

1 minute ago, John Gentleman said:

He was the GOP's last moral anchor. Since his death it's been downhill all the way.

The eulogies at his funeral, specifically Obama's, showed just how high he was held in regard throughout Washington. Obama's quip that, 'John had a mischievous streak: what better way to get one last laugh than to have me and George stand up on stage and say nice things about him." Had the entire cathedral howling. 

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

Dems now 10-1 ON to take Penn and Repubs 7-1 against. The Donald is out on his fat hairy old arse and he will do so with no class or dignity whatsoever, in sharp contrast to Bush Senior and John McCain, who specifically requested that the Donald not be present. Barack Obama was there and gave speech.

i would love to see the Donald doing a lengthy stretch in the clink as he so richly deserves but unfortunately I don’t see it happening.

Hope the nut is locked away without fear or favour. 

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Joe speaking live.

CNN reporting that Trump is chomping at the bit to get infront of the cameras, and that his advisors are desperate to prevent him from getting anyway near a microphone & camera, they're cacking themselves about what he's likely to say.

6 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

IDems now 10-1 ON to take Penn and Repubs 7-1 against. The Donald is out on his fat hairy old arse and he will do so with no class or dignity whatsoever, in sharp contrast to Bush Senior and John McCain, who specifically requested that the then recently elected Trump not be present at his funeral. Barack Obama was there and gave speech.

People like the Donald have an accident and slip in the shower or have a fatal heart attack long before they get to court.

John Gentleman
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

CNN reporting that Trump is chomping at the bit to get infront of the cameras, and that his advisors are desperate to prevent him from getting anyway near a microphone & camera, they're cacking themselves about what he's likely to say.

The men in white coats might get there first.

I P Knightley
39 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

They're big numbers to have to count. All it takes is one toilet stop and you forget where you'd got to and have to start all over again.

In seriousness, I believe that the mail-on votes require a relatively lengthy process for validation & verification before being added to the count.

A Boy Named Crow
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

People like the Donald have an accident and slip in the shower or have a fatal heart attack long before they get to court.

When he said he'd leave the country, bet your ass he's going to one with a shakey history of extradition...

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Very easy to believe. I think the more sensible Republicans view this election as expendible so that they can put this sorry chapter behind them and put forward a more credible candidate next time.

America has to now have a good hard look at itself and put some checks and balances in place to stop such an absolute nutter from getting anywhere near the White House ever again.

Edited by SwindonJambo

Just now, I P Knightley said:

They're big numbers to have to count. All it takes is one toilet stop and you forget where you'd got to and have to start all over again.

In seriousness, I believe that the mail-on votes require a relatively lengthy process for validation & verification before being added to the count.

Dump will be demanding recounts also when the inevitable happens. The irony from the nut who screamed STOP THE COUNT!! will be lost on him of course. 

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I know but theyve been counting since Tuesday. Do they not know I’m bored with it now FFS!!!

John Gentleman
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Scrutineers (count watchers) also slow things down quite significantly, particularly egretious ones. No prizes for guessing where those ones come from.

I P Knightley

The PA lead is now under 100k with 7% of approximately 7 million votes (so 450-500k) remaining to be counted. It really looks like it's going to happen!

The Georgia gap is also narrowing slowly but surely. Each time the numbers go up, around 60% are pro-Biden which, by my arithmetic, is just about enough (although falling well within recount territory).

Edited by I P Knightley

38 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just heard some republican bint in Arizona moan and groan about the 'fake news media'............................yeh, Fox News, whilst the crowd shouted 'Fox News sucks, Fox News sucks'.  :rofl:

What's the story behind the Trump-Fox divorce  ?    It seemed to be a marriage made in deluded heaven  until a year or so ago. 

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

What's the story behind the Trump-Fox divorce  ?    It seemed to be a marriage made in deluded heaven  until a year or so ago. 

Fox News called Arizona for Biden. He had a hissy fit and demanded that they change their mind. The Fox News analysts refused to do so.

Edited by Stokesy

4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

There simply comes a point when you have to acknowledge reality if you're going to retain any credibility at all. Fox hit that point. Trump never will.

Edited by JFK-1

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)