U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

And he’s not praying!
Just now, Barack said:

50k left to report in Georgia.

13k lead for Trump. About  70% in favour of Biden currently at trend.

I'll leave the math...😏...to others.

‘A recount either way’

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Tazio said:

Trump is going batshit on Twitter again. Several tweets that have been hidden by Twitter as non factual or contentious. 
I’d imagine a lot of people in the Republican Party are praying for him to stop and try to restore some dignity to them. 

They'll drop him like a hot tattie when he's no longer President, just you watch.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Trump is going batshit on Twitter again. Several tweets that have been hidden by Twitter as non factual or contentious. 
I’d imagine a lot of people in the Republican Party are praying for him to stop and try to restore some dignity to them. 

Plenty of others will be secretly hoping he gets the boot so that they can regroup and come back in 2024 with a much more credible candidate.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They'll drop him like a hot tattie when he's no longer President, just you watch.

Talk of him running again in 4 years, on CNN.

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

As Ray Charles said " Georgia on my mind" until it is confirmed. 

Doubt he'll be around in 4 years time.

Possibly not, but he loves the attention and power, it wouldn't surprise me, that if he is still about, he will.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

That would give Biden a lead of 7,000, which is more than enough to withstand any historical recount swing.

I've made a spreadsheet I can plug the numbers into so feel free to throw any other scenarios at me.

So what's happened in Nevada? Watching the fat guy on CNN trying to work out what's going on.

Edited by Stokesy

Just now, Stokesy said:

So what's happened in Nevada? Watching the fat guy on CNN trying to work out what what's going on.

Basically they’ve ****ed up

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Basically they’ve ****ed up

What hibsed it ?

So how many ballots did they accept without ID?

Got until 5 tomorrow to come up with ID or not counted?

Clark County won't complete until Saturday or Sunday, which I think was expected to be Biden?

Sorry for all questions.  Switching back and forward with football.

Edited by DETTY29

CavySlaveJambo
8 minutes ago, kila said:

Was it Nevada that has their election lot on administration duties today and will continue counting tomorrow?

Mental.

Allegheny County - Pennsylvania

Kalamazoo Jambo
20 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The Americans on the thread will be better informed than me on this matter, but I read quite recently that BOTH major parties have swung to the right in the last couple of decades, to the extent that the Democrats are now roughly where the Republicans were in the time of Ronald Reagan. @Kalamazoo Jambo @Justin Z

Working so not fully able to answer right now but I'd say not for Dems. But it also depends upon what topic. There are some things where the country as a whole has moved more 'progressive' e.g. LGBTQ+ rights, including gay marriage (and Biden was ahead of Obama on that).

Republicans have moved to the right on things like immigration, and, y'know, democracy versus authoritarianism.

Kalamazoo Jambo
13 minutes ago, kila said:

Was it Nevada that has their election lot on administration duties today and will continue counting tomorrow?

Mental.

This was explained further up the thread, but there's a good reason for it.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Sec. of State for Pennsylvania, says it's definitely possible to call by the end of the day!

Trump lead is down to 114,000 with postal votes still acceptable if postmarked no later than 3rd so still arriving by the sackload.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sec. of State for Pennsylvania, says it's definitely possible to call by the end of the day!

By my math, I reckon if Biden gets 62% of that, he wins. 

21 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

FFS Nevada.

Trump will love this.

I thought he said they have fewer 'known' ballots to count than they previously thought, which isn't good news for Trump because it gives him less chance to make up the gap.

Kalamazoo Jambo
26 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nevada.

:facepalm:

If you're on Twitter, the one person I'd follow for Nevada news is Jon Ralston (@ralstonreports). He seems to think it's in the bag for Biden, although I'm not counting my chickens.

all the betting markets have the states heavily leaning towards Biden except NC now. 

Biden is now 1/9 overall.

2 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Jeez how long does this shit go on for.

Not much longer.  If Biden wins Pennsylvania it’s over. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Next time, they need to get some folk over from Sunderland and Newcastle.

Be decided by midnight. 

The birds look like Trump as well. 

22 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Latest odds for the Dems in Swing States:

Pennsylvania 6/1 ON

Georgia 7/4 ON

Arizona 3/1 ON

Nevada 7/1 ON

So a decisive victory for Biden, if he took those 4 states?

6 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

The geezer in the shorts?

I think this is a rehearsal and the guy pacing behind is probably learning his lines for the show/service.

I'm not sure how this being a dry run will effect the angels who are apparently already en route.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It would put him on 306 if he won them all.

kingantti1874

Only needs Pennsylvania. Anything else is a bonus

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I thought he said they have fewer 'known' ballots to count than they previously thought, which isn't good news for Trump because it gives him less chance to make up the gap.

Now you and Barack have been getting on fine on here, but we are going to fall out if you use the word Math

Its effing Maths...Its plural, Math means taking an equasion and doing nothing with it, Its short for mathematics not mathematic, and I could forgive if it was used in that way as the greek word Mathema which is singular for that which is learned, but to use it in one of the mathematical sciences such as algebra, geometry etc or in your case calculus, then its plural.

You dont say do the arith for the pedants on here, nor ariths, its do the sums and the singular answer is the sum

Rant over, I can forgive all americanisms appart from that one, sorry for that!!!

anyhoo  is that in Nevada? which pretty much is just Clark county, unless rattlesnakes get a vote?

2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

It would put him on 306 if he won them all.

And Trump on 230 or thereabouts, that's getting well beat in my book....................let's hope it happens.

Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

I have neglected Alaska in all of this, but is there a reason why they have done the square root of hee haw?

It's a safe Republican 3 seater with a minuscule population. Never a swing state ever. It's bleak and remote si I imagine getting ballot boxes up together could be quite a task.

I P Knightley
17 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

By my math, I reckon if Biden gets 62% of that, he wins. 

I've got similar, though slightly lower in my sums. Just under 61% for PA and 55% for Georgia (although I saw a bigger number further up the thread).

I've got NC at 64% which is not insurmountable; drilling into the counties map, the counties that appear to have the most votes to be counted are around the research triangle which is a lot more blue than red. The gap, which is currently at around 77k will close tightly; I expect into recount territory. I've got a few pals live there, I'd hate to have to disown them.

I'm not following a live broadcast. What's the story in Nevada? The latest numbers showed a favourable trend and I was all but expecting to see the line being crossed shortly.

From the Grauniad:

Kathy Boockvar, Pennsylvania secretary of state, has just told CNN that the winner of the state could be announced tonight.

There are still 550,000 ballots left to be processed, but officials are ahead of schedule and most will be counted by this evening, Boockvar said.

The key is Philadelphia, where there’s about 100,000 outstanding ballots and where Joe Biden is winning a whopping 80% of votes.

This means it may not matter that Allegany county, home to Pennsylvania’s second-largest city of Pittsburgh, has suspended counting until tomorrow.

Boockvar also said that Donald Trump’s legal appeal to discount mail-in ballots posted by 3 November, but which arrive before the end of Friday 6 November, would not make a significant difference as there’s only a few thousand.

Reminder: as things stand, Trump cannot win without Pennsylvania’s 20 electoral college seats. His lead has shrunk from 618,000 on Wednesday morning to 111,000 right now.

7 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Now you and Barack have been getting on fine on here, but we are going to fall out if you use the word Math

Its effing Maths...Its plural, Math means taking an equasion and doing nothing with it, Its short for mathematics not mathematic, and I could forgive if it was used in that way as the greek word Mathema which is singular for that which is learned, but to use it in one of the mathematical sciences such as algebra, geometry etc or in your case calculus, then its plural.

You dont say do the arith for the pedants on here, nor ariths, its do the sums and the singular answer is the sum

Rant over, I can forgive all americanisms appart from that one, sorry for that!!!

anyhoo  is that in Nevada? which pretty much is just Clark county, unless rattlesnakes get a vote?

I think you've quoted the wrong post, so as far as I'm concerned you can stick your pedantry up your ar.

😉

2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Less that 112k now in Penn!!!

6-1 on to win at the bookies with the Repubs 11-2 against.

Trump really ought to be banned from Twitter for his own good. He's an embarrassment to himself, let alone his country.

Just now, redjambo said:

From the Grauniad:

Kathy Boockvar, Pennsylvania secretary of state, has just told CNN that the winner of the state could be announced tonight.

There are still 550,000 ballots left to be processed, but officials are ahead of schedule and most will be counted by this evening, Boockvar said.

The key is Philadelphia, where there’s about 100,000 outstanding ballots and where Joe Biden is winning a whopping 80% of votes.

This means it may not matter that Allegany county, home to Pennsylvania’s second-largest city of Pittsburgh, has suspended counting until tomorrow.

Boockvar also said that Donald Trump’s legal appeal to discount mail-in ballots posted by 3 November, but which arrive before the end of Friday 6 November, would not make a significant difference as there’s only a few thousand.

Reminder: as things stand, Trump cannot win without Pennsylvania’s 20 electoral college seats. His lead has shrunk from 618,000 on Wednesday morning to 111,000 right now.

And they are mail in ballots that will favour Biden heavily. Stick a fork in 45.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)