• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Trump's latest statement (mostly aimed at McConnell)

Thank goodness he's not bitter 

Rush Limbaugh has passed away. 

One of the most vocal "right leaning" media people of the last 20+ years. He spent his time on earth being a vile indiviudal - he'll have fun trying to reconcile with his maker for all the high grade arseholery he's done. 

I don't take pleasure in his death but find solace in one less liar around to con the weak minded of America.

Malinga the Swinga

Weak minds is right. You only need to look at the inane ramblings of the US posters on here to realise how narcissistic most, not all, are. 

Make a gigantic mess of their own country, stand by and watch as country tears itself apart and yet feel like they are qualified to comment on what is best for Scotland. 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Weak minds is right. You only need to look at the inane ramblings of the US posters on here to realise how narcissistic most, not all, are. 

Make a gigantic mess of their own country, stand by and watch as country tears itself apart and yet feel like they are qualified to comment on what is best for Scotland. 

Those bloody foreigners. 😀

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Trump's latest statement (mostly aimed at McConnell)

What a pathetic "Look at me!" narcissistic statement, but it should be no surprise considering all the similar statements he made in the last four years.

Somebody should tell him to shut up with his we "built the wall" claim.  He didn't.  The border is approximately 3,000 km long, about 750 km of fencing was built during the Trump presidency, but most of that was to replace an existing lower fence.

Billions of dollars were spent and not a dime of it came from Mexico, despite Trump's laughable campaign promise. 

Malinga the Swinga
25 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not all foreigners. Most are welcoming people, happy to be here and wanting to be part of the community. 

Some, particularly US citizens, just can't help acting as if they are doing Scotland a favour by being here. 

6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Is it possible for any American politician, anywhere and at anytime, to make an announcement without mentioning God?

It's like they're trapped in an earlier century.

Some years ago Texas was being ravaged by a severe drought and of course the Governor said he was praying for rain and asked everybody else to do the same. Strangely, (not so strangely?) that didn't work.

Then the association of American atheists came to Austin Texas for a national convention. That night, as they held their Godless event, the heavens opened and the rain came bucketing down which greatly amused the atheists.

And me when I heard about it.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

EGDmCdR.gif

2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Rush Limbaugh has passed away. 

One of the most vocal "right leaning" media people of the last 20+ years. He spent his time on earth being a vile indiviudal - he'll have fun trying to reconcile with his maker for all the high grade arseholery he's done. 

I don't take pleasure in his death but find solace in one less liar around to con the weak minded of America.

“Vile” really is the perfect word for him. He used to have a segment on his radio show called “AIDS Update” which would make light of gay people's deaths.

So, given that he set the precedent, don't mind if I do.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "claims to be pro life dies anyway"

image.png.ec9420a0cce58d4ca5d65e70711a21b9.png

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I see the Rock is saying he would consider running for president if demand from people. 

I predict he will be a US president. 🤷🏻‍♂️

He has fame, understands how to play to media/public and he massive and the yanks believe no one would **** with him. 

In fairness the guy is hugely successful, with a work ethic off the charts, aspirations and means, and actually seems to have heart. On the basis the yanks love a TV/film star president, they could and have, done a lot worse, 

Dwayne Johnson would be much like Obama. 

He'd be a brilliant orator, would have good advisors etc but would find himself trying to meet in the middle with right wing nut jobs and achieving little. 

Would hope to be completely wrong though. 

4 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Dwayne Johnson would be much like Obama. 

He'd be a brilliant orator, would have good advisors etc but would find himself trying to meet in the middle with right wing nut jobs and achieving little. 

Would hope to be completely wrong though. 

Na, he'd just give the right wing nut jobs the people's elbow. 

Governor Tarkin
12 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

^^^^ This.

10 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Mad Justin oot. 

^^^^ And this.

A Boy Named Crow
31 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

End stage capitalism, an empire in decline as @A Boy Named Crow alluded to.

image.thumb.png.b08430faff5ea9cd3718991b990106ee.png

Is this due to, the now inevitable, panic buying whenever something untoward happens...or have supply lines in Texas collapsed entirely?

3 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Is this due to, the now inevitable, panic buying whenever something untoward happens...or have supply lines in Texas collapsed entirely?

With basically no electricity I'm assuming it's a combination of both. It may clarify one way or the other in the next several days.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Good to see Limbaugh bite the dust.  Right wing extremist madman.

Another for the Limbaugh files:

14 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Wonder who you are referencing. Ill bet its someone on this thread and someone who has more clue about things here than a good 60/70% of people (at least) do when speaking about whats best for Scotland....

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

“You're a foreigner. You shut your mouth or you get out” is awfully reminiscent of a recent post on this thread :lol:

May be a cartoon of one or more people and text

Should that post not be on the Unpopular opinions thread? 

SectionDJambo
9 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

“You're a foreigner. You shut your mouth or you get out” is awfully reminiscent of a recent post on this thread :lol:

May be a cartoon of one or more people and text

And Trump gave this guy a medal. Not surprising.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Wonder who you are referencing. Ill bet its someone on this thread and someone who has more clue about things here than a good 60/70% of people (at least) do when speaking about whats best for Scotland....

:spoton:

1 hour ago, sadj said:

24 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:spoton:

Aww, shucks guys.

Photos of Ted Cruz slithering off with his family on a flight to Cancun.

In the middle of what's probably the worst disaster in Texas history.

He, and most American politicians especially on the Republican side, have nothing but contempt for regular folk.

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

90m Natives and now 4m. Is that true, JZ. 

He was just pulling numbers out of his arse and trying to deflect from the genocide of Native Americans. The Native American population in the US was less than a quarter million at the turn of the 20th century, from an estimated range of 6-18 million in the 17th century when colonisation of what's now the US began in earnest. Maybe there were 90 million in the western hemisphere. I don't know.

“Hitler’s concept of concentration camps as well as the practicality of genocide owed much, so he claimed, to his studies of English and United States history. He admired the camps for Boer prisoners in South Africa and for the Indians in the wild west; and often praised to his inner circle the efficiency of America’s extermination – by starvation and uneven combat – of the red savages who could not be tamed by captivity.”

— John Toland in Adolph Hitler, p 202

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Photos of Ted Cruz slithering off with his family on a flight to Cancun.

In the middle of what's probably the worst disaster in Texas history.

He, and most American politicians especially on the Republican side, have nothing but contempt for regular folk.

Is the Senate on holiday ?

Fair play to Cruz for spending yesterday looking stupid before heading to Mexico whilst his constituents freeze.

Just now, Mysterion said:

Is the Senate on holiday ?

Fair play to Cruz for spending yesterday looking stupid before heading to Mexico whilst his constituents freeze.

It is, yeah. Not enough pressing problems I guess, including issuing those $2,000 relief checks Biden and the Democrats promised would be going out right away if Georgians got out and voted for them.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

This is a bit of a wild ride.

May be a Twitter screenshot of text

May be an image of text

That has made my day , its also been so brutal on my lung that after creasing at it and being unable to stop im now in agony and still cant stop creasing.....🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can't be bothered going back and quoting the post but somehow I think that mayor fella has taken that "Ask not what your country can do for you..." thing too far. 

I mean, what is the state actually there for if not to ensure basic infrastructure, you know, like water and electricity, is in place. But nope. Apparently tax dollars aren't for that. I'm assuming he thinks they're just for spending on bombs to drop on foreign people. Or bullets for black guys. 

I mean, even the ****ing Nazis would be proud of that "strong survive, weak perish" line. 

The US is ****ed. 

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

In defense of Ted Cruz (who will be back in the US by end of day anyway I’m sure)...

What a slavering erse. 

2 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

In defense of Ted Cruz (who will be back in the US by end of day anyway I’m sure)...

She's Director of Communications, yet her English is barely comprehensible.

1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

You may want to check Blair’s Erskine’s Twitter profile.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

She's Director of Communications, yet her English is barely comprehensible.

See above. Caught out a few on the twitter thread as well. :lol:

6 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I'm not on Twitter.  Have I been duped?  :facepalm:

Kalamazoo Jambo
20 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm not on Twitter.  Have I been duped?  :facepalm:

Well, I wouldn't say duped, but [checks Thesaurus] maybe deceived, tricked or hoodwinked.

28 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

She got Michael McFaul, former Ambassador to Russia, amongst others. To be fair though, she's REALLY good at this.

Six Capitol police officers arrested, twenty six under investigation for their roles in the riots. This it is believed is in addition to some who are already bing investigated.

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Been a hell of a 24 hours, for Raphael Cruz. 

Imagine your first thought to explain away an unnecessary trip to Mexico, whilst your State and its people are literally in an emergency and are dying; is to throw your kids under a bus as an initial excuse. Only to then admit what everyone knew anyway.

Lets Trump insult his wife. Then this.

Dear, dear.

Not just throw your kids under a bus, but straight up lie that your plan was to get them down there safely and immediately come back up. Which he claimed.

But it's been confirmed that he bought a ticket on standby in response to the furore and his initial ticket had him scheduled to return to Texas on Saturday.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)