U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Have they won both. 

Looks like there's few thousand lunatics at the Trump rally. And everyone of them is a white supremacy terrorist and should be baton charged, but unfortunately the police will in their team. 

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Or they be fed up of being let down by the party they've voted for before?

The thought of Blacks and Hispanics and Jews and Muslims voting for a white supremacist supporting President because some don't like each other isn't something I'm buying, sorrry, I'm well aware of racism amongst other than white people but I'd say you've streached that one a wee bit.

My point in all this is that people vote for different parties for different reasons, obviously, not everyone knows every policy or every pledge in a manifesto, people will vote Republican because they traditionally always have, as people will vote Democrat because they always have. I think Justin Z (I'm pretty sure it was him) was asked how he was going to vote, and if I remember correctly, he said he was going to hold his nose and vote Democrat despite his misgivings, perfectly fair enough. Is it not possible that many Republicans held thier noses and voted Trump with tbe same thought process? Are they all gun toting KKK menbers? 

If they felt they'd rather hold thier noses and vote Trump rather then Biden that's a problem for the Democrats in future Id have thought. 

If you vote for someone advocating for the things Trump has done or said, you are giving those things your approval. Regardless of how you want to justify it, you are saying it is a-okay to have the power. Democrats let you down? Okay, but that doesn't mean you should feel inclined to jump over and vote for a white supremacist because they're in the opposite party.

1 minute ago, Dorothy said:

If you vote for someone advocating for the things Trump has done or said, you are giving those things your approval. Regardless of how you want to justify it, you are saying it is a-okay to have the power. Democrats let you down? Okay, but that doesn't mean you should feel inclined to jump over and vote for a white supremacist because they're in the opposite party.

I'm not trying to justify anyone's vete just pointing out the nuances of voting.

Like I've said before, I don't think tens of millions of people voted for Trump because he's a white supremacist, that's my point. 

Not the first time I've heard someone say that they are going to form a third party because the Republicans don't represent them anymore.

If that became a coordinated move by Trump supporters, I suppose they could form a Trump party.

This would hit the Republicans by taking support away from them to Trump, the Dems I'd suppose would welcome a potential split of the GOP.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

This would hit the Republicans by taking support away from them to Trump, the Dems I'd suppose would welcome a potential split of the GOP.

I saw a few tv reports saying that's why he was reluctantly allowed (not sure if that describes it best) to lead the party, I think he threatened to run as an independent and that would've lead to a Republican loss, I bet they wish they had another four years in opposition now😅

23 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

The march today.

Check out the amount of facemasks.

f7aeb568-1066-4a96-8051-59c9bb9a6de6.jpg

I hope none of them catch Covid.

Believe this or not, but earlier on another speaker at this rally today was telling them to hug a stranger then started chanting "SUPER SPREADER EVENT! SUPER SPREADER EVENT! SUPER SPREADER EVENT!"

:cornette:

Watching these sleazebags in congress.

America is ****ed.

****ed!

The desperation of people trying to hang onto power.

Edited by Lovecraft

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Believe this or not, but earlier on another speaker at this rally today was telling them to hug a stranger then started chanting "SUPER SPREADER EVENT! SUPER SPREADER EVENT! SUPER SPREADER EVENT!"

:cornette:

The majority of them are ****ing idiots.

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Trump is gonna split the Republican party and then just **** off and leave them in a mess.

Shame.

It will be a shame, what opposition will there be for the Democrats? No opposition is terrible for politics, unless a credible 3rd party comes along.

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Watching these sleazebags in congress.

America is ****ed.

****ed.

The desperation of people trying to hang onto power.

Arguing their versions of so-called abuses of democracy after years of slavishly following der Fuehrer.

Lordy effin lordy.

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It will be a shame, what opposition will there be for the Democrats? No opposition is terrible for politics, unless a credible 3rd party comes along.

At least they are trying to uphold democracy.

As much as sleazy politicians can.

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

In general I agree, but the GOP's opposition, comprised of literal insanity, to the right-wing Democratic party, has been worse than terrible for American politics.

Any change is likely to be an improvement, somehow.

6 hours of debates due as the GOP plan to object to every swing state.

All merely delaying the inevitable.

Jo Biden will be confirmed as the 46th President of the United States of America by end of play today.

Meanwhile, the militia guys are trying to storm the Capitol building and civil servants are being evacuated.

7 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

At least they are trying to uphold democracy.

As much as sleazy politicians can.

The Dems didn't cover thierselves in glory at the beginning of Trumps term.

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

In general I agree, but the GOP's opposition, comprised of literal insanity, to the right-wing Democratic party, has been worse than terrible for American politics.

Any change is likely to be an improvement, somehow.

What would be your resolution?

It was clear that there wasn't the appetite for a Bernie Sanders type within the Democratic Party, I don't think he'd have beaten Trump in an election.

*edit*

I've seen I've done a double quote, I've no idea how that happened!!!

Edited by Dawnrazor

J.T.F.Robertson
7 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

The majority of them are ****ing idiots.

Trump has given license to every wacko, be he religious, racist, or whatever, to discard their long suppressed cloaks of tolerance and show themselves for what they are. Just so long as you support him, of course.

He'd see his country destroy itself if it meant he was still its President.

CavySlaveJambo
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Quite a strange feeling watching Mitch McConnell giving a speech and nodding in agreement. 

It was a very simple message though. The people have spoken, Democracy must win. 

CavySlaveJambo
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Jesus. 

Isn’t that why the National Guard is there? To help deal with this predicted carnage. 

He’s a horrible *******. 

Textbook sleazy politician.

Strange little tiny arms.

Edited by Lovecraft

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Patriots" fighting for Democracy.

Or something.

Remember all those mother****ers who’ve gleefully (and inaccurately) informed you that conservatives don’t riot, that white people don’t riot? Today’s events in DC will provide them great opportunity to work on their goalpost shifting and No True Scotsman skills.

Cop decides to get hands on, also noteworthy that one of protestors retaliated straight away with pepper spray. Allow the public things like that and you’ll face it inevitably. Worrying that some of these fruit loops will be armed. 

CavySlaveJambo

Odd that CNN haven’t mentioned the trouble in the streets yet. 

I think they will. But they are focusing on the speakers in Congress.  They are talking about it now. Capitol is in Lockdown and journalists told not to leave there buildings.  

Senator Toomey spoke well as well. But this will be getting repetitive.

Wait until it gets dark and it's easier for them to hide their faces.

It will kick off big style later.

Edited by Lovecraft

Proceedings in the House and Senate have been halted. The entire Capitol is in lockdown.

Edited by redjambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn

How will that country ever right itself again? The divisions are so deep that they seem impossible to heal. It’s inconceivable that Trump’s mob are going to be placated - and who would bet against him running again in 2024?

These four years will be a nightmare to Biden. He doesn’t have a chance of making anything work. 

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Pence has just been pulled out by the secret service.

To do with the protestors breach of the building 

Just for the record, this is a riot.

Marching for justice for people in your community gunned down by killer cops is not.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

This really isn't going to end well.

Eventually the protestors will be cleared. 

Might take a few days to finish the voting though. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)