• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where's the protests against Putin?

To be honest you do have a point.

Not so long ago people were demonstrating outside of the Houses of Parliament & 10 Downing Street calling on the UK government to do more to help Aleppo.

Yet no one was outside the Russian Embassy demonstrating against the Russians and the Syrians for dropping bombs on Aleppo. 

AlphonseCapone

To be honest you do have a point.

Not so long ago people were demonstrating outside of the Houses of Parliament & 10 Downing Street calling on the UK government to do more to help Aleppo.

Yet no one was outside the Russian Embassy demonstrating against the Russians and the Syrians for dropping bombs on Aleppo.

Everybody went radge when Boris suggested it :laugh:

Apparently the London match is to 'tell the world that women's rights are humans rights'. Funny it never occurred to then to assert this stance outside the Saudi, Pakistan, Iranian or even Indian embassies if this is the sentiment but of course they don't compare to trumps america or evil France. They likely wouldn't know where to point to them on a map let alone find the London embassies. Its OK though cos protesting about a billion plus women living like the house dog or having acid thrown in their face for stepping alone outside the house would be 'punching down' and 'fascist'.

It really is pathetic. I'm no fan of Trump but you have women being abused, raped, mutilated and murdered in this country and around the world on a massive scale in the name of religion and not a peep from these 'women marchers'. Talk about priorities :lol:

Everybody went radge when Boris suggested it :laugh:

Exactly, as Boris said why aren't the 'Stop the War' coalition outside the Russian Embassy.

alwaysthereinspirit

Some people would have you believe that a protest against Trump IS a protest against Putin. :)

Everyone knows all about the woman that sued McDonald's because she spilt their coffee and it was to hot, or do they?. Is there another side to the story. You'd better believe it and it is a telling one.

Who knows about the Tort Reform bill?

Some saw a frivolous lawsuit while others saw how big business used it, and with their goons in Washington and the MSM doing there bidding, were able to take a tighter grip, if not a strangle hold on what they wanted. How they did it was, and is, one of their blue prints for control of the whole system which they had until now, going by their reactions to the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmLo_mpeltE

Americanism or globalism? More and more people are seeing the truth about globalism, What it really is, and the kind of people behind it.

America have voted the Globalists out. They want to take their country back and Trump is all they have to do it.  Who can blame them? Not I.

It really is pathetic. I'm no fan of Trump but you have women being abused, raped, mutilated and murdered in this country and around the world on a massive scale in the name of religion and not a peep from these 'women marchers'. Talk about priorities :lol:

Estimated 70000 fgm cases a year here.

70k and not a peep.

J.T.F.Robertson

Everyone knows all about the woman that sued McDonald's because she spilt their coffee and it was to hot, or do they?. Is there another side to the story. You'd better believe it and it is a telling one.

Who knows about the Tort Reform bill?

Some saw a frivolous lawsuit while others saw how big business used it, and with their goons in Washington and the MSM doing there bidding, were able to take a tighter grip, if not a strangle hold on what they wanted. How they did it was, and is, one of their blue prints for control of the whole system which they had until now, going by their reactions to the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmLo_mpeltE

Americanism or globalism? More and more people are seeing the truth about globalism, What it really is, and the kind of people behind it.

America have voted the Globalists out. They want to take their country back and Trump is all they have to do it.  Who can blame them? Not I.

You may have a point, but when you suggest "America voted the globalists out" as the reason for Trump being elected, methinks you're giving their electorate way too much credit.

Estimated 70000 fgm cases a year here.

70k and not a peep.

Protesting about some distasteful comments Trump has made is a far more pressing issue it seems.

Does it really matter if Trump quoted some lines off a film or not?

If he'd quoted some lines from Shakespeare, Plato, Aristotle or even Lincoln would folks be making the same fuss?

Obama surrounded himself with folk who believed it was a woman's right to be beaten if they dared escape the bin bag they were confined to. Don't hold your breath on lilly Allen and her fellow London luvvies and early twenty something morons being able to get their head round that one. Hashtag bring our girls back but DONT say the I word.

I am not sure who you are referring to. 

However, those "twenty something morons" shouldn't be brow beaten in their beliefs by you because you think Trump is some modern day statesman with positive and modern views towards women's rights issues. 

Don't see them march against Islam.....

What on earth do you even mean by that? Ban a burqa? The nature of sexism in Islam is far to complex and deep an issue to debate on here - however there are many confident, free and independent and successful muslim women. Pakistan has had a female leader, has America? Bangladesh has had two women leaders in its short history. Indonesia, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan and now Romania have all muslim female leaders, so I don't think there's a clear need at the moment for march against the faith of Islam. Wahhabism and Salafi Islamic practice, like Saudi Arabia or Taliban Afghanistan certainly are not good for women. But perhaps we should then focus our efforts on the minor Saudi royals who spread that form of hate and intolerance than the entire faith of Islam which accounts for nearly a quarter of the world's population.

Any organised faith has sexist tendencies toward women because most religions came about and set out their religious laws in a time when women were mere objects to own.

But, I've never heard the Pope say that women cannot be priests because of their faces or the way they look like he did with Carly Fiorina in the primaries to be the Republican nominee.

Or the Chief Rabbi for the UK make period jokes about any broadcast journalist for hard questions. As he did about Megan Kelly.

Or an Iman when asked what a woman in the work place who is harassed do say she should say nothing and quit. As he did when asked about sexual harassment in the work place.

Nor have I heard the Moderator of the Church of Scotland say that women who have abortions should be punished under criminal laws. As he did about women who seek to exercise their Roe v Wade rights.

Aye, march against religion. But not the man wielding real power in America. The man with the power to appoint people to a supreme court and veto and enact legislation and have a big say on it's construction. Not him. Not him, because women in America have nothing to fear from the man in the Oval Office. But they do from a religion which has 0 political control in America. 

Nail on head.

Strange, strange people.

Does it really matter if Trump quoted some lines off a film or not?

If he'd quoted some lines from Shakespeare, Plato, Aristotle or even Lincoln would folks be making the same fuss?

He didn't quote though. He just used the lines. Like his wife did with Michelle Obama's speech. 

He didn't quote though. He just used the lines. Like his wife did with Michelle Obama's speech. 

Except he didn't. For once his speechwriters actually seem to have produced their own text.

They did, however, plagiarize the cake. :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2017/01/21/trump-had-a-huge-luxurious-inauguration-cake-was-it-plagiarized/?utm_term=.f539b391e122

EDIT: with apparently the possible exception of some stuff that sounded like it came from Bane's speech in Batman...

Edited by Ugly American

Pretty much made this point to my other half this afternoon.

That said, legitimate within the USA, given Trumps comments, albeit from a few years ago.

Except he didn't. For once his speechwriters actually seem to have produced their own text.

They did, however, plagiarize the cake. :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2017/01/21/trump-had-a-huge-luxurious-inauguration-cake-was-it-plagiarized/?utm_term=.f539b391e122

EDIT: with apparently the possible exception of some stuff that sounded like it came from Bane's speech in Batman...

Trump wrote it himself allegedly.

Giving the infinite number of speeches made throughout history, whether that be in books, TV, radio, films etc etc, the chances of using the same or similar phrases as someone else is quite high, I would say.

Well this thread has turned into a right wing circle jerk.

Funnier than Let It Shine, The Voice or any other Saturday night nitwit TV though !

The thread's actually about how tall he is......so we can't really say it's went downhill !

Edited by Boab

Funnier than Let It Shine, The Voice or any other Saturday night nitwit TV though !

Got to agree with you on that. Getting punched in the face time after time would be better than suffering that shite.

However, those "twenty something morons" shouldn't be brow beaten in their beliefs by you because you think Trump is some modern day statesman with positive and modern views towards women's rights issues. 

What on earth do you even mean by that? Ban a burqa? The nature of sexism in Islam is far to complex and deep an issue to debate on here - however there are many confident, free and independent and successful muslim women. Pakistan has had a female leader, has America? Bangladesh has had two women leaders in its short history. Indonesia, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan and now Romania have all muslim female leaders, so I don't think there's a clear need at the moment for march against the faith of Islam. Wahhabism and Salafi Islamic practice, like Saudi Arabia or Taliban Afghanistan certainly are not good for women. But perhaps we should then focus our efforts on the minor Saudi royals who spread that form of hate and intolerance than the entire faith of Islam which accounts for nearly a quarter of the world's population.

Any organised faith has sexist tendencies toward women because most religions came about and set out their religious laws in a time when women were mere objects to own.

But, I've never heard the Pope say that women cannot be priests because of their faces or the way they look like he did with Carly Fiorina in the primaries to be the Republican nominee.

Or the Chief Rabbi for the UK make period jokes about any broadcast journalist for hard questions. As he did about Megan Kelly.

Or an Iman when asked what a woman in the work place who is harassed do say she should say nothing and quit. As he did when asked about sexual harassment in the work place.

Nor have I heard the Moderator of the Church of Scotland say that women who have abortions should be punished under criminal laws. As he did about women who seek to exercise their Roe v Wade rights.

Aye, march against religion. But not the man wielding real power in America. The man with the power to appoint people to a supreme court and veto and enact legislation and have a big say on it's construction. Not him. Not him, because women in America have nothing to fear from the man in the Oval Office. But they do from a religion which has 0 political control in America. 

I also agree that it would be daft to protest against Islam as a whole. There are certainly issues that affect women and are overwhelmingly practiced by Muslim communities that are far more deserving of mass protest than any stupid comments made by Trump though (especially by people in this country).

Forced marriages, female genital mutilation, honour killings to name a few. Not as trendy though.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Well this thread has turned into a right wing circle jerk.

An opportunity to rail against women AND Muslims - that's a recipe for the ultimate JKB circle jerk.

It also seems that people aren't allowed to exercise their democratic right to protest. Especially if they are women.

Don't think there has been a single post in this thread saying that? Just as they are free to protest, everyone else is free state their opinions on the protests and discuss the conspicuous absence of their protests over other issues that put women in far more danger than the election of Donald Trump. 

It also seems that people aren't allowed to exercise their democratic right to protest. Especially if they are women.

We'll they aren't accepting a democratic choice, and it's got **** all to do with them if they don't live in the States.

If 'human rights are womans rights' then why do they say **** all abt Islam that impacts 'womans rights' that happens in their own country.

I also agree that it would be daft to protest against Islam as a whole. There are certainly issues that affect women and are overwhelmingly practiced by Muslim communities that are far more deserving of mass protest than any stupid comments made by Trump though (especially by people in this country).

Forced marriages, female genital mutilation, honour killings to name a few. Not as trendy though.

But there are campaigns for this. I'd even add many of the people at the marches today have likely supported, attended rallies and marched in the cause of those issues.

One campaign should not be belittled by it's lack of attention on other issues or that in other parts of the world women are still treated as bad as they were hundreds of years ago.

Should we close food banks in the UK because the hunger faced by the British is no where near conparable to the starvation of people in drought hit African nations?

I'm not getting at you (although I may appear to be so haha!) but I do think to say that these protests are wrong because certain parts of Islamic world ban women from driving or force them to marry strangers is bizarre.

The protests are against a man and administration, and elements of the congress, who appear to be so reactionary that equality, respect and the advancement of womens rights that they risk dragging America backwards massively. And if people in other nations wish to march in solidarity so be it. That is how it works.

I find it odd, perhaps UA can further explain it, that America is the world's richest nation. A nation founded for liberty and eauality for all. That declares that in its constitution. And yet has a political class so adverse and a people so scared of health care provision for the many. Of abortion rights. Of equality for all races and genders and groups.

Like it or loathe it, Trump is the embodiment of that reactionary force.

Riddley Walker

Don't think there has been a single post in this thread saying that? Just as they are free to protest, everyone else is free state their opinions on the protests and discuss the conspicuous absence of their protests over other issues that put women in far more danger than the election of Donald Trump.

I don't disagree with anything in this post but it's proper what'aboutery isn't it?

We'll they aren't accepting a democratic choice, and it's got **** all to do with them if they don't live in the States.

If 'human rights are womans rights' then why do they say **** all abt Islam that impacts 'womans rights' that happens in their own country.

You seem a delightful chap. Maybe they do protest against other women's rights as well?

Don't take away the right of people to protest whatever the cause. Once you do it's a very slippery slope.

We'll they aren't accepting a democratic choice, and it's got fk all to do with them if they don't live in the States.

If 'human rights are womans rights' then why do they say fk all abt Islam that impacts 'womans rights' that happens in their own country.

We do though!

http://www.endfgm.eu

http://www.equalitynow.org/issues/end-female-genital-mutilation

https://www.actionaid.org.uk/donate/help-us-protect-girls-from-fgm?src=ppc&gclid=CjwKEAiAqozEBRDJrPem0fPKtX0SJAD5sAyHWc8yMam0KTNDvIpAa0jbES4-DnVXGBSW7zkxK37b8xoCN43w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

One campaign does not marginalise or detract from the work of others.

But why stop at Islam? Sihks and Hindus have arranged marriage. Some Christians do. Some aspects of Christianity and Judaism believe a women is inferior to and subject to men with limited rights.

All religion is pretty anti-woman in some way. On FGM in some parts of the globe non-muslims practice it.

Women supporting or marching today are doing so (in America) to protect their hard won rights that took most of the 20th century to win be respected by a misogynist President who's views on women appear to be artificial and based on pussy grabbing.

Edited by JamboX2

We do though!http://www.endfgm.euhttp://www.equalitynow.org/issues/end-female-genital-mutilationhttps://www.actionaid.org.uk/donate/help-us-protect-girls-from-fgm?src=ppc&gclid=CjwKEAiAqozEBRDJrPem0fPKtX0SJAD5sAyHWc8yMam0KTNDvIpAa0jbES4-DnVXGBSW7zkxK37b8xoCN43w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

One campaign does not marginalise or detract from the work of others.

But why stop at Islam? Sihks and Hindus have arranged marriage. Some Christians do. Some aspects of Christianity and Judaism believe a women is inferior to and subject to men with limited rights.

All religion is pretty anti-woman in some way. On FGM in some parts of the globe non-muslims practice it.

Women supporting or marching today are doing so (in America) to protect their hard won rights that took most of the 20th century to win be respected by a misogynist President who's views on women appear to be artificial and based on pussy grabbing.

Yea, cos President Trump is going to withdraw woman's rights.

It's just a whole attention seeking circus. What the fk are people protesting in the UK for??!!! As I said, got fk all do to with them.

I hope they are hurting, but they won't be as they'll go home and forget all about it until the next hashtag craze.

Yea, cos President Trump is going to withdraw woman's rights.

It's just a whole attention seeking circus. What the fk are people protesting in the UK for??!!! As I said, got fk all do to with them.

I hope they are hurting, but they won't be as they'll go home and forget all about it until the next hashtag craze.

This thread ?

I take back my earlier post, it is going downhill.

Not sure Benazhir Bhutto being prime minister can really be claimed as some sort of 'win' for equality in the Muslim world given she miraculously survived half a dozen attempts before finally being assassinated.

I generally think I can hang with the best when it comes to finding something to be cranky about, but folk on here really put me to shame.

I've got too much work to do tonight to go on too long a rant, and JX2 is handling it nicely, but for your Edinburgh protest, I'll say that I have a friend who took part in it.  He's a professor of Islamic Studies at UoE, but I'm sure he could take some pointers from all the Islamic scholars on this thread. :lol:

The 'woman's march for woman's rights have people wearing the American flag as a hijab - really cldnt make this up.

Love that sign. F'ing beautiful design work.

The nature of Islams relationship to women really is more straight forward than you are suggesting despite the obscurant attempts. Don't confuse Bangladeshs post war clenching to secularism or Pakistan's dynastic nepotism with the outcomes of the ideology. Both examples were despite of the religion not because of. There is nothing self moderating in its unreformed state. And that is an appaling metric to suggest Pakistan is somehow more progressive in aspects of equality than USA but ive heard it before. Go straight to the source trilogy or the four schools of jurisprudence or the prophet himself. Women's testimony is worth half that of a man so for starters there is no equality before the law where sharia is present. Second, wear a shield (ie hijab, niqab, burqa) because your sexual identity is not yours but is entwined with the honour of the tribe. Thirdly female 'cutting' is explicitly mandated, the apologists excuse that its cultural is another slight of hand. You can thank civilisation or the degree of common sense where you think you see a fair shot for women but again that is thanks to the degree of absence of this retrograde cults influence. I would still not in million years wish my daughter to be afforded the rights of say a woman in Morocco.

The notion that this pointing out of the nauseous double standards of the modern day indulgent 'liberals' is a right wing cause says everything about how far the moral compass is skewed on the left today.

And for what its worth I've at no point suggested Trump is anything but an oafish lououth unfit for this job but ive also always been clear a big part of his success is because of the mendacious edifice that the supposed moral arbitrars of the west have built.

Thunderstruck

The highlight of the whole Inauguration reporting was BBC Scotland having a Trumpet on to call Trump a Trumpet. I really do hope the Editor is commended for that bit of comic genius.

I generally think I can hang with the best when it comes to finding something to be cranky about, but folk on here really put me to shame.

I've got too much work to do tonight to go on too long a rant, and JX2 is handling it nicely, but for your Edinburgh protest, I'll say that I have a friend who took part in it. He's a professor of Islamic Studies at UoE, but I'm sure he could take some pointers from all the Islamic scholars on this thread. :lol:

Love that sign. F'ing beautiful design work.

Anyone off the street can pretty much stump your pal within two minutes on notions of 'equality' if he or she wants to and Dawkins pretty much did that on the Nicky Campbells show a few years back. The q goes:

'Tell me about the punishment for apostates and where it came from'

alwaysthereinspirit

Trump wrote it himself allegedly.

Giving the infinite number of speeches made throughout history, whether that be in books, TV, radio, films etc etc, the chances of using the same or similar phrases as someone else is quite high, I would say.

You do know that the supposed exact same movie quotes was a set up to see if anyone would run with it?

alwaysthereinspirit

In some countries for sure.

alwaysthereinspirit

You seem a delightful chap. Maybe they do protest against other women's rights as well?

Don't take away the right of people to protest whatever the cause. Once you do it's a very slippery slope.

I saw them on TV protesting all over the world. So where are you talking about them not be allowed?

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)