• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Multi millionaire born with a silver enema up his arse = anti establishment - where the hell has this narrative come from? It was the same with Farage, it's ****ed up!

Just watched a video of a husband and his handicapped wife attacked for having the audacity to walk through a BLM road block. Attempting to get to the parade route.

Class personified.

Where was this? I think I saw something like this but not sure it's the same incident.

Multi millionaire born with a silver enema up his arse = anti establishment - where the hell has this narrative come from? It was the same with Farage, it's ****ed up!

Smoke and mirrors

Sales and very clear language

Anti Trump protesters or possibly anti anything protesters now setting fires to cars and bins. Nutters who need a good doing.

ToadKiller Dog

First policys cancel climate action plan ,build his wall .

Pulling out trade deals .

Create a missile defence to stop attacks from the likes of Iran ( dont even have the capability to hit the US )

Uphold right to own a gun .

Cut corporation tax .

For all Americans first .

Taking down climate change from white house website .

AlphonseCapone

Aren't the things being taking down from the website part of procedure, Obamas policies etc are removed and transferred to another site, could be wrong?

Francis Albert

a bit late for an attack on jfk

a bit late for an attack on jfk

Who as it happens, has the highest approval ratings of any president to date, was very popular with the black population, and avoided an almost inevitable nuclear war.

Don't remember Trump serving four years in the Navy either.

Francis Albert

Who as it happens, has the highest approval ratings of any president to date, was very popular with the black population, and avoided an almost inevitable nuclear war.

Don't remember Trump serving four years in the Navy either.

who as it happens greatly trumped trump's misogyny and abuse of women. Wwhose absurd we will fight anyone anywhere in defense of freedom rhetoric contributed to decades of us aggression. Whose defence of civil rights did not extend to sending in troops to impose desegregation in the South as both his predecessor eisenhower and successor Johnson did. And whose absurd obsession with castro'so Cuba led to the risk of nuclear war. Edited by Francis Albert

Watching the protests today it was like JKB when Cathro lost v Rangers - the guys not even had one day in the office and folk were freaking out.

Everybody deserves a chance to prove they can do some good.

Wee Freudian slip there from Obama, "me and Michelle have just been your front men..........and woman" :laugh4:

She used to be a man remember

Aren't the things being taking down from the website part of procedure, Obamas policies etc are removed and transferred to another site, could be wrong?

Yes.  This was definitely gun jumping by the understandably over-eager do-gooders who ought to cool their jets and do some research and reflection before they publish stuff like this.

alwaysthereinspirit

It's utterly unimportant in the long run, but the incredibly low turnout at his "yuge" inauguration is at least funny for now.

comparison-withtime-1024x576.jpg

Trump supporters have jobs. Just saying.

Every Presidential transition starts by changing the content of the websites.  There's nothing shadowy or cutthroat about the climate change stuff going away -- they have every right to take it down.

It speaks to what the new President's priorities are going to be.  Other sections on other topics are still there.  The Trump team's first actions related to climate policy and law enforcement. That's notable in its own right without breaking out the tinfoil hats.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Unlikely, given the fact that many those that voted for him did so because he promised to bring their jobs back.

you failed yourself there.

J.T.F.Robertson

Unlikely, given the fact that many those that voted for him did so because he promised to bring their jobs back.

Ignorant statement, really not worth a retort.

Funny that both Bushes got almost twice as many at each of their three inaugurations as Trump did, by casual inspection.

Trump did say his inauguration would be "record breaking."

alwaysthereinspirit

Who failed what where?

alwaysthereinspirit

Funny that both Bushes got almost twice as many at each of their three inaugurations as Trump did, by casual inspection.

Trump did say his inauguration would be "record breaking."

Maybe families with kids didn't want their kids heids kicked in so stayed away.

Eventually you'll get it that your candidate lost. Ragging on Trump every chance you get will change nothing.

Maybe families with kids didn't want their kids heids kicked in so stayed away.

Eventually you'll get it that your candidate lost. Ragging on Trump every chance you get will change nothing.

:lol: Snowflakes, snowflakes the lot of them.  From what I hear there were probably about 150 counter-protesters in DC today, versus, even with the small crowds, 100,000 Trump supporters, plus thousands of police in riot gear.

Ragging on Trump on the day he's inaugurated will entertain me and possibly others.  Sorry you're so sensitive about this.

alwaysthereinspirit

:lol: Snowflakes, snowflakes the lot of them.  From what I hear there were probably about 150 counter-protesters in DC today, versus, even with the small crowds, 100,000 Trump supporters, plus thousands of police in riot gear.

Ragging on Trump on the day he's inaugurated will entertain me and possibly others.  Sorry you're so sensitive about this.

"From what I hear"

200 arrests would lead people to believe your snitch is scamming you. Although you'll probably have some made up excuse for your number and the police numbers not matching.

As for the ragging and it entertaining you. You've got at least 4 years of free entertainment coming up. That's something to look forward to. Enjoy the weekend.

"From what I hear"

200 arrests would lead people to believe your snitch is scamming you. Although you'll probably have some made up excuse for your number and the police numbers not matching.

As for the ragging and it entertaining you. You've got at least 4 years of free entertainment coming up. That's something to look forward to. Enjoy the weekend.

Admittedly, the number of protestors I did indeed make up based on the photos I'm seeing of small bands of 20-30 protestors at key intersections. There's a great photo on twitter of about 15 journalists taking pictures of one trash can on fire. I had heard 100 arrests, but of course that number went up with time.  In any case, the protestors that showed up today were the ones looking for conflict with Trump supporters.  My guess is that the crowd at the "women's march" tomorrow will be 3-4 times the size of the inauguration crowd, but that's just speculation based on how many people I know are going.

Congratulations to you on your candidate's success.  I will be spending the next four years doing what little I can to keep him from doing what he has said he would do.  A small portion of that I will share on JKB so long as some folk here seem interested in it.  

And in a very long tradition in American politics, I'll be making fun of him as much as I possibly can.  If this bothers you deeply, politics may not be for you.

Enjoy your celebrations.

Missed the speech yesterday but having watched it today we are in for a hell of a four to eight years.

With the rise of nationalism in Europe from Orban's Hungary and Poland's Law and Justice party to Le Penn and Wilders, to Brexit under a shoddy and cack handed leadership, Corbyn's left-wing-not-so-popular-populism in opposition (and in some ways opposing itself) to #indyref2 and Trumpism we are heading back to trade wars and tariffs and protectionism.

That speech was like a 1930s speech against FDR. America First: protectionism and a jingoistoc patriotism will do nothing for many people but bring hard times.

Missed the speech yesterday but having watched it today we are in for a hell of a four to eight years.

With the rise of nationalism in Europe from Orban's Hungary and Poland's Law and Justice party to Le Penn and Wilders, to Brexit under a shoddy and cack handed leadership, Corbyn's left-wing-not-so-popular-populism in opposition (and in some ways opposing itself) to #indyref2 and Trumpism we are heading back to trade wars and tariffs and protectionism.

That speech was like a 1930s speech against FDR. America First: protectionism and a jingoistoc patriotism will do nothing for many people but bring hard times.

Indy 2 confirming democracy is finished if it ever happens, 

Protests in Edinburgh - absolute facepalm. These cretins won't even know what they are protesting about, just wanting to jump on the latest bandwagon to have a purpose in life.

Total sad acts.

Edited by El Salvador

Waterloo Place/Regent Road closed one way due to a protest at the American Consulate sure this happened last night aswell.

A small group of men hating feminists. It is getting to the stage where I don't think they even know or care what they protest about now.

Big protests and marches around the UK, Australia, New Zealand etc against Trump. Cringe.

If he doesn't give a **** about protests in the US what makes your opinion relevant?

Big protests and marches around the UK, Australia, New Zealand etc against Trump. Cringe.

If he doesn't give a **** about protests in the US what makes your opinion relevant?

They are just sad sad individuals who are unhappy in life as they have no purpose so want to cling onto something, anything that makes them feel included.

If I didn't despise the cretins them I'd feel sorry for them.

They are just sad sad individuals who are unhappy in life as they have no purpose so want to cling onto something, anything that makes them feel included.

If I didn't despise the cretins them I'd feel sorry for them.

That or they disagree with a man who has dubious respect for women especially abortion rights, who has appointed white supremacists to his top team, who has set his stall out against climate change - which will affect us all - and is happy to begin repealing LGBT rights.

Saddos to you maybe. But clearly these people feel strongly enough to take to the streets and protest in solidarity with those who will face the full force of a Trump presidency.

That or they disagree with a man who has dubious respect for women especially abortion rights, who has appointed white supremacists to his top team, who has set his stall out against climate change - which will affect us all - and is happy to begin repealing LGBT rights.

Saddos to you maybe. But clearly these people feel strongly enough to take to the streets and protest in solidarity with those who will face the full force of a Trump presidency.

You really have swallowed up every last bit of the Trump myth eh?

I don't see what's great about a man who is a schister and a mysoginist running the world's policeman quote frankly.

You did hear his statements on equal rights for the LGBT community? Or his views on a right to choose for women? The fact he wanted a new Supreme Coirt judge who would begin repealing these things?

If folk want to march in solidarity with people over these things, then why not? It's democracy in action.

I don't see what's great about a man who is a schister and a mysoginist running the world's policeman quote frankly.

You did hear his statements on equal rights for the LGBT community? Or his views on a right to choose for women? The fact he wanted a new Supreme Coirt judge who would begin repealing these things?

If folk want to march in solidarity with people over these things, then why not? It's democracy in action.

"Trump myth" = "things Trump has said repeatedly on camera and has now posted on whitehouse.gov"

While I am pretty bemused by a bunch of Scottish folk protesting in Edinburgh about his election, none of those things about "Trump" can be considered to be a myth, based on things he has said. Unless, of course, he has just been spouting utter shite in order to get elected, and will now ignore many of the tenants of his campaign. Which is entirely possible.

Edit- I meant "tenets", of course. Perhaps Tennent's more appropriate.

Edited by Peebo

"Trump myth" = "things Trump has said repeatedly on camera and has now posted on whitehouse.gov"

Post truth politics.

He is now denying things he actually done on camera.

Obama surrounded himself with folk who believed it was a woman's right to be beaten if they dared escape the bin bag they were confined to. Don't hold your breath on lilly Allen and her fellow London luvvies and early twenty something morons being able to get their head round that one. Hashtag bring our girls back but DONT say the I word. Edited by elvoys

Don't see them march against Islam.....

Apparently the London match is to 'tell the world that women's rights are humans rights'. Funny it never occurred to then to assert this stance outside the Saudi, Pakistan, Iranian or even Indian embassies if this is the sentiment but of course they don't compare to trumps america or evil France. They likely wouldn't know where to point to them on a map let alone find the London embassies. Its OK though cos protesting about a billion plus women living like the house dog or having acid thrown in their face for stepping alone outside the house would be 'punching down' and 'fascist'.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)