• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tall enough to be a target. I fear for his life.

Tomorow is one of the most historic moments there has been, Here is hoping it is for the right reasns. If they go for him they wont care who get's in the way.

I would rather tomorrow was over and nothing untoward had happened. I would feel better if all the people that should be there were going. Tomorrow has the potential to be a nightmare.

Tomorow is one of the most historic moments there has been, Here is hoping it is for the right reasns. If they go for him they wont care who get's in the way.

I would rather tomorrow was over and nothing untoward had happened. I would feel better if all the people that should be there were going. Tomorrow has the potential to be a nightmare.

Apart from the usual nut jobs in America that would think nothing of assassinating him there are the official nut jobs who could easily do him in as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would rather tomorrow was over and nothing untoward had happened. I would feel better if all the people that should be there were going. Tomorrow has the potential to be a nightmare.

It certainly has! So do the next four years...

Yes. If he is shot Mike Pence will be President. And he's a competent leader who could do far worse than Trump.

Either way 4 years of "fun" coming. If he's anything based on his campaign. Bye, bye free trade and economic growth.

Yes. If he is shot Mike Pence will be President. And he's a competent leader who could do far worse than Trump.

Either way 4 years of "fun" coming. If he's anything based on his campaign. Bye, bye free trade and economic growth.

What happens if an unfortunate accident takes care of Trump and Pence?

What happens if an unfortunate accident takes care of Trump and Pence?

Good question. My assumption was based on them being shot after being sworn in. As the cabinet isn't yet finalised I'd imagine the House Speaker would assume the Presidency. So it'd be President Ryan.

Edited by JamboX2

Good question. My assumption was based on them being shot after being sworn in. As the cabinet isn't yet finalised I'd imagine the House Speaker would assume the Presidency. So it'd be President Ryan.

The speaker of the House of Representatives is third in line, even once the cabinet is set.

Trump could be the best thing that ever happened to America.

He won't be allowed though.

Much like in scottish football, anything fresh and new that goes against the traditions of old regardless of whether or not they work will be shut down.

Much like in scottish football, anything fresh and new that goes against the traditions of old regardless of whether or not they work will be shut down.

In what way won't he be allowed?

Not sure why he won't be allowed?

He has overcome everything thrown at him so far and come out the other side. Look I think the man is a clown and borderline dangerous but one thing we have learnt is that he won't let " Washington" stand in his way.

The speaker of the House of Representatives is third in line, even once the cabinet is set.

Thought so. After Ryan it's Tillerson yes?

I've seen a few people say things like that and every time I wonder what it is they see that I don't. Trump just worries me a whole lot. Why do you think he could be the best thing to happen to the US?

I'd dearly love to get in a positive mood about this, but I'm really struggling.

Thought so. After Ryan it's Tillerson yes?

Leader of the Senate (not sure who off top of my head) then it would be Rex NIMBY Tillerson, I think (has he been approved yet?).

He has overcome everything thrown at him so far and come out the other side. Look I think the man is a clown and borderline dangerous but one thing we have learnt is that he won't let " Washington" stand in his way.

Certainly the Washington political machine is less likely to stand in his way that it did Obama's.

Which isn't going to please some within the 'establishment'.

Will they quietly sit back and let Trump sideline them, like heck they won't.

There was once a President who shook things up with the 'establishment' in Washington and we all know what happened to him.

Leader of the Senate (not sure who off top of my head) then it would be Rex NIMBY Tillerson, I think (has he been approved yet?).

Surely you couldn't just hand the Presidency down through the order of rank (so to speak), wouldn't there have to be another election before it got to that stage?

I've seen a few people say things like that and every time I wonder what it is they see that I don't. Trump just worries me a whole lot. Why do you think he could be the best thing to happen to the US?

I'd dearly love to get in a positive mood about this, but I'm really struggling.

Most of his polices I can't abide but polices mean nothing when everything is corrupt.

The two things he says he has to do or there is no point in doing anything is drain the swamp (get rid of the rampant corruption) and Americanism not Globalism will be our credo. These are the two things, more than anything else, that got him elected. Unless you believe some on here, the MSM, and the globalists that will have you believe that it was the Russians.

Surely you couldn't just hand the Presidency down through the order of rank (so to speak), wouldn't there have to be another election before it got to that stage?

I'm not very sure at what point an election is called. Probably all just a moot point. While VPs have become presidents (or acting presidents), in pretty sure there has never been a situation with both the President and VP out of action.

Most of his polices I can't abide but polices mean nothing when everything is corrupt.

The two things he says he has to do or there is no point in doing anything is drain the swamp (get rid of the rampant corruption) and Americanism not Globalism will be our credo. These are the two things, more than anything else, that got him elected. Unless you believe some on here, the MSM, and the globalists that will have you believe that it was the Russians.

Draining the swamp was indeed a popular during his campaign. Shame for those who believed him (and everyone else) that he pretty rapidly went about filling up the swamp, instead!

Struggling with some kind of change to JKB on quoting. Or maybe it's my browser.

Anyway....

Line of succession is President, VP, Speaker of the House (Ryan), President Pro Tempre of the Senate (largely a ceremonial position, held by Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch), then down the cabinet Secretaries in the order that they are declared in the Constitution and subsequent amendments.  No special election held.  As such, the line of succession is a continuous line of extremely conservative politicians at the moment.

Draining the swamp was indeed a popular during his campaign. Shame for those who believed him (and everyone else) that he pretty rapidly went about filling up the swamp, instead!

We will wait and see. The actions of his advisories, and make no mistake, they are across all parties (think about that), would suggest to me that it is not a case of same as the old bunch.

The two things he says he has to do or there is no point in doing anything is drain the swamp (get rid of the rampant corruption) and Americanism not Globalism will be our credo. These are the two things, more than anything else, that got him elected. Unless you believe some on here, the MSM, and the globalists that will have you believe that it was the Russians.

Draining the swamp by appointing guys like Rex Tillerson, Scott Pruitt, Steven Mnuchin, Linda McMahon, Andrew Prudzer and Rick Perry... aye going well. Add to that Bannon and Preince. Great to see the plug has been pulled.

Do you also believe him on his 5 year lobbying ban?

I suppose putting placemen in office means you don't need lobbying.

Edited by JamboX2

J.T.F.Robertson

Which isn't going to please some within the 'establishment'.

Will they quietly sit back and let Trump sideline them, like heck they won't.

There was once a President who shook things up with the 'establishment' in Washington and we all know what happened to him.

He is the feckin "establishment"!

This "draining the swamp" shite, it's that very "swamp" he's plucking his cronies from.

Now his cabinet is beautiful. WTF!

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Francis Albert

He is the feckin "establishment"!

This "draining the swamp" shite, it's that very "swamp" he's plucking his cronies from.

Now his cabinet is beautiful. WTF!

it may be a swamp but it isn't the same swamp Edited by Francis Albert

There is nothing fresh and new about being sexist, racist, misogynistic, disingenuous, childish and stupid is there?

Francis Albert

There is nothing fresh and new about being sexist, racist, misogynistic, disingenuous, childish and stupid is there?

no and if that is all he is he will just join a long list of previous presidents. On the other hand he might just help those who voted for him. We will see.

J.T.F.Robertson

it may be a swamp but it isn't the same swamp

I understand that (believe it or not) but both stinking places merge with each other.

I still cannot believe this self-centred, egotistical, petulant, spoiled brat, (yes, even at his age) naive ignoramus will actually be plonking his fat arse in the Oval Office, the moarn.

You could hardly make something like this up.

No, it's very much the same swamp, it's just the hard right wing of the swamp.  VP Pence is a classic hard line social conservative, in the mold of Jesse Helms or Rick Santorum or John Ashcroft.  Secretary of State nominee Rex Tillerson is an oil executive just like GWB and Cheney were before their administration. Attorney General nominee Jeff Sessions was nominated to be a federal judge by Reagan, prompting MLK's widow, Coretta Scott King, to write a letter to Congress opposing him because he was pretty clearly a white supremacist. Secretary of Energy nominee Rick Perry was Governor of Texas immediately following GW Bush, and inherited and continued the political machine that sustained Bush in Texas. Environmental Protection Agency head nominee Scott Pruitt was the Attorney General for the state of Oklahoma who filed multiple lawsuits against the EPA on behalf of the oil industry.  Treasury nominee Mnuchin was a partner at Goldman Sachs. 

I could go on.

The kinds of policies these folks will pursue are pretty clearly very similar to those that the Bush 43 administration pursued, just more socially conservative, pro-corporate, pro-oil, pro-Wall Street, and with less regard for minority civil rights. Which, you know, they won the election, so they're legally allowed to do that.

So I guess it's a different "swamp" than the Obama administration, but at the Cabinet level, it's hardly some wholly new kind of swamp from previous Republican administrations.  It's just a very hard veer to the right.

Edited by Ugly American

J.T.F.Robertson

no and if that is all he is he will just join a long list of previous presidents. On the other hand he might just help those who voted for him. We will see.

And the rest of us poor feckers on the planet, where do you think we fit in? He hasn't exactly been renowned for his humanity or philanthropy up to now, though I guess he could have had a "road to Damascus" moment, a couple of years ago.

:rofl: Deregulation of banks with 70% of fed law scrapped.

Aye this swamp is different. :D

Edited by aussieh

We will wait and see. The actions of his advisories, and make no mistake, they are across all parties (think about that), would suggest to me that it is not a case of same as the old bunch.

How much does Jones and Icke make out of people like you.

Millionaires no doubt. A bit like Donnie the Brit.

A friend posted an article about George Takei calling out Trump for his hypocrisy on LGBT issues, and a Trump supporter replied by telling us not to forget Takei's mall that collapsed in 1995 and killed hundreds of people and that he tried to cover it up.

The credulousness of these absolute ****ing imbeciles boggles my mind.

I fear for his survival.

I think you meant to write 'I fear his survival' there John.

I don't think any US President being assassinated is a good thing. Even Trump.

We will wait and see. The actions of his advisories, and make no mistake, they are across all parties (think about that), would suggest to me that it is not a case of same as the old bunch.

Without waiting, I can already see his swamp is filled with clueless cronies and awash with conflicts of interest.

Without waiting, I can already see his swamp is filled with clueless cronies and awash with conflicts of interest.

They all are, I guess that's the thing I kind of like about him.

There is no deception

Its up front, its in your face, and if you don't like it then vote him out next time

He is a wolf in wolfs clothing

You get EXACTLY what you voted for

Which, sadly, is quite refreshing

They all are, I guess that's the thing I kind of like about him.

There is no deception

Its up front, its in your face, and if you don't like it then vote him out next time

He is a wolf in wolfs clothing

You get EXACTLY what you voted for

Which, sadly, is quite refreshing

In many ways, you are correct - it's blatantly obvious what he is, who he actually represents and what interests drive him.

But the "drain the swamp" thing was one example of the absolutely hypocritical nonsense his campaign was, in parts, built on. Fake promises folks, fake promises. SAD!

In many ways, you are correct - it's blatantly obvious what he is, who he actually represents and what interests drive him.

But the "drain the swamp" thing was one example of the absolutely hypocritical nonsense his campaign was, in parts, built on. Fake promises folks, fake promises. SAD!

It is different though.

The people who were there pre Trump were hidden in the swamp, their links hidden

Like the Tony Blair years here

Whereas Thatcher was an up-front BITCH - but you new that - there was no smoothing, greasing or sliming

Good on him

Lets see how it goes

And I find the rage of the luvvies very amusing, considering the pampered, tax evading, self aggrandising a-holes that they are

I hope they implode

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)