U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

27 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think the A-Gs behaviour in prosecuting this action she may have given Trump a get out of court action free card (a play on the Monopoly game). Her vitriol towards him and anyone associated with him and her constant proclamations decrying him during her election campaign and since becoming A-Gprobably means his defence team will accuse her (not unfairly tbh) of braking the ABA's (American Bar Association) ethical standards code 2.1 "When deciding whether to initiate or continue an investigation, the prosecutor should not be influenced by partisan or other improper political considerations…or hostility or personal animus toward a potential subject." 

Its my understanding that the proceedings are being instigated by the State of New York, they have instituted the Grand Jury and are conducting the investigations.Trump has hired a pretty strong team of lawyers, and is already claiming allegedly wrongly that he cannot be prosecuted as he was the President. The investigation is again as I hear it described on the "fake news" concerns many of the Trump organisations, his family, sources of revenue  and other questionable sources of finances.  Russia and China have been mentioned in this aspect.Listening as one does to the supposed experts in these matters, there are some opinions that Trump can be damaged so badly without being charged that it could be worse than personal legal action, family, associates, the organisation and the Trump myth could all be casualties in this matter. Of course dependent on the reporting it is all a Democrat strategy to get Trump

I will take the opportunity to again make my own prediction, but sadly I see Trump as this heats up going back to his base, the people that he allegedly provoked to attack the Capitol. The actions or not so of the present leadership and many followers of Trump in the Republican party so far have been complicit in Trumps mentally disturbed actions, do not bode well for the United States.

As a slight aside Bidens action to defund police may be an important side affect in this matter, if any group would be needed in future actions by Trump supporters that is one of the key services that could be involved, Trump in his failed reelection attempt made it well known to Police unions and leaders that he was their man. Watching the United States just now is like watching a ship in a fierce storm, a good Captain can possibly save the vessel, a poor leader probably cannot without at the best serious damage at the worst sinking.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mental Arseholes Party blocks the formation of a bipartisan commission to address the Capitol terror attack (let's call it what it was)

Edited by Cade

Seymour M Hersh
57 minutes ago, Cade said:

Mental Arseholes Party blocks the formation of a bipartisan commission to address the Capitol terror attack (let's call it what it was)

:rofl:

Seymour M Hersh

"The global pandemic has accelerated what was happening before, and it has accelerated our world into a new era," she said. "It has forever influenced our perspective."

I wonder what that means?

So Gaetz confirms yesterday that the Republican Party of the Bushes, Reagan etc no longer exists, it is now the Party of Donald Trump. He states that Trump will Make America Great Again. Numerous Republicans have had brain farts about their experiences on the day that an unruly mob attacked the Chamber and caused damage and the deaths of police officers and some of their own fellow rioters. So based on his words a man under investigation for numerous crimes, such as tax evasion, exaggerating values of properties to access loans, and lowering the values of properties to evade taxes, who lies on a regular basis,  and is causing disruptions in the Country by continuing proved false allegations that the election was rigged is the first choice for leader. People such as McConnell who made public statements that Trump provoked the Capitol attack now stands against the type of investigation that he and others said was required, the sad thing is that  they give such loyalty to a man who has proven on numerous occasions that he returns none, to wit Cohen et al. It will be interesting if he will speak for Rudy who is now suggested to have been hoodwinked by Trump.

Some commentators are suggesting that should Trump be in legal jeopardy he could turn on even his family to avoid any risk of being held responsible in any way criminal or otherwise. A good man and an excellent leader, aye right, a charletan of the first order.

Democrats in Texas managed to prevent a voter suppression law from passing.

Republican Governor is threatening to cut all state funding unless they change their minds.

Banana republic.

*Oh, and Trump's new blog page has been shut down after less than a month.

Seymour M Hersh
44 minutes ago, Cade said:

Democrats in Texas managed to prevent a voter suppression law from passing.

Republican Governor is threatening to cut all state funding unless they change their minds.

Banana republic.

*Oh, and Trump's new blog page has been shut down after less than a month.

Don't think he'll top this from creepy joe. 

I looked up what Biden said.There was a young girl in the audience a really young possibly preteen girl. Biden referred to the girl who was sitting in the front of the audience and commented about the barettes she had in her hair, and that the way she was sitting she looked like a nineteen year old the way she had her legs crossed. I had a daughter, raised her with my wife through these early years. Nothing a young girl was more proud of than to be told she is posing or acting like an older girl. Many times other parents or grandparents commented on Deborah who from a young age had an ambition which she achieved to become a model. She dressed acted and poised accordingly. Comments were made by young old and really elderly about her manner, never once did I feel that there was any deviant sexual intent in the comments.  Biden is seventy eight years of age, I have no idea what his sexual proclivities are, but in my nonsensical rabbiting manner I would suggest it is somewhat far from the comments of a prospective President who on tv told a young man that when you were famous the starlets let you grab their pussy,  he also on Air Force One stood and lied about his relationship with a prostitute and denied that money had been paid to keep her story from being published, these are not the actions of a man who should be held up as a man of propriety to anyone. If Biden is to be criticised and he does leave himself open to such, it should from someone with sterling character.

• 2 weeks later...
Jeffros Furios

The repulsive Marjorie Taylor Greene after visiting the Holocaust Memorial in Washington has apologised fro comparing Covid masks to Jews wearing the yellow star .

Does a middle aged political really need to visit the memorial to grasp the horrors of the Holocaust ?

I've also read that she may have visited Auschwitz on a school trip which makes her views even more deplorable. 

Also confronting a survivor of a school gun massacre telling him he's lying and a paid actor ! 

How can anyone vote for this sicko and how hasn't she been removed from office .

Disgusting .

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The repulsive Marjorie Taylor Greene after visiting the Holocaust Memorial in Washington has apologised fro comparing Covid masks to Jews wearing the yellow star .

Does a middle aged political really need to visit the memorial to grasp the horrors of the Holocaust ?

I've also read that she may have visited Auschwitz on a school trip which makes her views even more deplorable. 

Also confronting a survivor of a school gun massacre telling him he's lying and a paid actor ! 

How can anyone vote for this sicko and how hasn't she been removed from office .

Disgusting .

She’s a scumbag.

On 02/06/2021 at 18:14, Seymour M Hersh said:

Don't think he'll top this from creepy joe. 

He really needs to stand down.

A Boy Named Crow
53 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

You'd have to imagine the backroom staff are working round him, much like Trump's backroom staff must've been working round him. 

The US needs to have a long hard look at its political system. Something must be seriously broken to get them to a situation of having to choose between those two!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

God, Guns, Prescription Medication misuse on a national scale and a laughable Education system are not quick fixes.

USA is rushing headlong into failed state territory.

Red states are redder than ever, with both the Governor and Legislature controlled by the heidbangers.

The entire country is moving in different directions.

2 hours ago, Sidelight said:

I suspect they got that clip from Fox news who jump on anything like this. A news channel where they refuse to use the term President when referring as they do to Biden.  Hannity refers to Biden as Sippy Cup, every night he suggests that at seven pm Joe is in bed with his sippy cup of milk. I have watched over many many years and have never to my recall seeing a President treated with such disdain. I am not an enthusiastic supporter of Biden far from it, but  I was raised, and taught at school to respect if not the holder the rank or position that he holds. Biden makes gaffes, but he is elderly which happens from experience and age I can assure you of this, but I give a man born with a stutter, a handicap that has lost many the opportunity of a career of choice to have overcome his handicap to the extent that he has achieved for whatever reason the most senior position in these United States. For that he has my respect, I am not sure I am convinced that he was in fact the Democrats first choice but I am sure he took the position knowing this and has agreed to possibly finish a first term but then leave the position open to a woman of color.  

He has inherited the Country from a former President who does not pass a day now where there are not items broadcast about another investigation of his personal, political, and Presidential criminal wrongdoings. So far his family have not been as widely accused although some do project that is still to come. The United States is a Country of increasing violence, shootings almost a daily occurrence, police actions which are far beyond the use of physical action required. Political malfeasance in changing election laws, differences I am sure we have all seen in political disagreement such as we have all seen and participated in at the pub, but which when gets too hot change is made to a peaceful subject of opposing football teams.

The United States is in its most dangerous situation ever, tumult, and discord at all levels in the Country, and Russia and China sitting in anticipation of coming and like vultures pecking on the failing remains of the political winner.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, RobboM said:

Amazon Prime delivery to Mar-a-Lago increases speculation that Trump is working on his book.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7_YZmC1U7SPfaWWRub_i

:lol:

Just imagine if it had been Trump.

Double standards reign on DT thread.

And all who sail in her.

It doesn’t surprise me but the shock factor remains high concerning misdirect and lack of discernment.

Not to mention primary school memes.

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

And all who sail in her.

It doesn’t surprise me but the shock factor remains high concerning misdirect and lack of discernment.

Hope he's alright.

The trump thread must be 5 years old from when he took office. During that time there were an incredible number of gaffes, ****-ups, stupid moments, signs of poor mental health and general unpresidential behaviours.

As we're talking about double standards, I assume that if I go and check I'll find you all over those threads saying he really needed to stand down aye?

Edited by Smithee

18 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

And all who sail in her.

A man in his late seventies (possibly) displaying early signs of dementia, or a malignant narcissist sociopath, in Russia's pocket, happy to sit back and watch a violent attempt to overthrow American democracy. 

Double standards. 🤔 

Edited by fancy a brew

10 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

A man in his late seventies (possibly) displaying early signs of dementia, or a malignant narcissist sociopath, in Russia's pocket, happy to sit back and watch a violent attempt to overthrow American democracy. 

Double standards. 🤔 

"It doesn’t surprise me but the shock factor remains high concerning misdirect and lack of discernment."

4 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

"It doesn’t surprise me but the shock factor remains high concerning misdirect and lack of discernment."

Sorry, no idea what that's supposed to mean.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

See the TV channel you posted from, did they treat the two presidents the same or did they show alarming levels of misdirect and lack of discernment?

Aren't you, and your source, guilty of exactly the same thing as you're accusing others of?

Edited by Smithee

It is with sadness that I again state my opinion on the rapid decline of the United States. For five or six years I have watched the performance of an egotist, who lied cheated, bullied and used his position as POTUS to personal advantage.

I watched his demise as he was removed from office by what has been proven an honest and fair election. Despite all the investigations, reviews and analyses, he Trump continues his lies and claims. The election replaced him with an elderly yes almost bumbling man whom I do like as a person but have serious problems with as POTUS.

As a bumbling old man myself I do have the capability of self assessment, I still think pretty good, but I do have moments of realising I have something to do and when I decide to do it cannot totally remember what the hell it was that I was going to do, it comes to me, but I don't have my finger on a nuclear button, just expose myself at time to rightful comments by critics on JKB. Biden was a large American error, I have stated my views on numerous occasions why he was nominated and elected, so have caused enough boredom.

One of the major problems I see just now in the United States are the news media, they are not reporting the news but are preaching propaganda, when I was a tad of a boy I remember BBC and Movietone news doing similar. This is a dangerous preoccupation, and has great influence on the followers and rabid believers, and this is to some extent having a more positive affect on the Trump base who are prepared to follow his instructions or what they believe he is asking of them, or the subverse groups who are for their own goals using the propaganda to motivate their followers to act, not for them but for their chosen one, as Trump has described himself. Violence has become an answer not a question.

I could care less, to be honest for myself, one day or another I will soon depart this existence I presently refer to as a life , with but one regret, my familial members because of the actions of a megalomaniac, and a vulnerable society will no longer enjoy the pleasures of life as I have.

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

See the TV channel you posted from, did they treat the two presidents the same or did they show alarming levels of misdirect and lack of discernment?

Aren't you, and your source, guilty of exactly the same thing as you're accusing others of?

It is very obvious to the viewer that JB’s space time continuum metal slide and incoherent speech patterns have expanded very quickly in the past 12 months.  Also, the absolutely incriminating detail revealed concerning the illegal behaviour of HB and China Joe’s financial involvement with foreign powers keep inhaling oxygen despite the best efforts of the democrats the sycophantic media and the gatekeeps whoever they maybe.

“Just imagine if it had been Trump.

And all who sail in her.”

10 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

It is very obvious to the viewer that JB’s space time continuum metal slide and incoherent speech patterns have expanded very quickly in the past 12 months.  Also, the absolutely incriminating detail revealed concerning the illegal behaviour of HB and China Joe’s financial involvement with foreign powers keep inhaling oxygen despite the best efforts of the democrats the sycophantic media and the gatekeeps whoever they maybe.

Oh the irony 😂

Unknown user
46 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

No attempt to answer is an answer in itself

59 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

It was to an extent the same for Trump but little was said about his daughter in China selling her wares, while her father was President. 

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

Honest reporting! An Anathema?

Lol aye mate that's what it is, away and watch another right wing editorial and tell yourself it's honest reporting.

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Lol aye mate that's what it is, away and watch another right wing editorial and tell yourself it's honest reporting.

Right Wing? More like common sense.

And stating the obvious. 

I think it's called the truth.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

And stating the obvious. 

And this is why you won't be taken seriously.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

And stating the obvious. 

Fake news.

:laugh2:

1 hour ago, Sidelight said:

And stating the obvious. 

I take it like I you watch such purveyors of the truth  as Hannity and Carlson on Fox news, the last such character I watched was a man name Goeballs who had similar approach to the truth and the spreading thereof. I suspect the two Foxers will at some time suffer a similar but hopefully less drastic end to their careers. I wish them no physical harm but have no respect for their narration style.

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Who did sidelight used to be? Don't know how to check different names. 

I wondered the same thing but was not sure that we were even supposed to ask, the sentiments expressed are familiar the name not. The one thing you have to give Trump he can sure keep his name fresh on all available sources of output.

I just watched on the news last night another shooting in Chicago at the weekend, I am sure the reporter stated that there had been fifty incidents. There was wee sly suggestion  that they were the result of Trump supporting groups trying by this action to get police support by showing an increase of violence because of the Biden policy to defund police. The Country is really in an awful state.

50 minutes ago, Cade said:

Rudy Giuliani barred from practising Law in New York

:jjyay:

The way I heard it was that a New York State Court had suspended his licence, I am not sure as they did not say if this affects his ability to practise elsewhere. Whatever it is a good move because it shows that there are people who reralise what he has been up to and have let him know they do.

On 20/01/2017 at 06:14, Sharpie said:

I have followed the Trumpanator since the primaries.

As someone who does not live in the States, and is a regular viewer of CNN, I feel as I have been well advised on this thread totally non qualified to comment, but I will anyway.

Alec Baldwin is more Presidential in his skits on SNL than Trump ever has or ever will be.

Trumps portrayals of Mussolini were amateur, at the best, but in reality he could end up like old Benito having a relationship with a lamp post.

I doubt he will be assasssinated, security will be too strong, it is too highly anticipated that attempts will be made.

I suspect there is a higher possibility he will be impeached at some stage.

I have stated my view from the beginning, it was the worst offering of choices for President in my lifetime, concluding with the absolute for us all worst choice.

I have lived through WW2, Palestine, Korea, Suez Crisis, and the Cuban missile threat, and many other wars, but what we could end up with now doesn't really affect me I am way too old, but I do worry for all of you, and particularly my own young family.

I am not sure they are after Tump in a get a go to jail card free, they are more interested in hurting his business and hitting all his financial interests. There could be some of his family involved also, but the main thing is who will do business with him. He will get some financial assistance by as he did on TV the other day saying he will run for the Presidency again, and his so far faithful base will provide that assistance by campaign contributions. 

9 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I am not sure they are after Tump in a get a go to jail card free, they are more interested in hurting his business and hitting all his financial interests. There could be some of his family involved also, but the main thing is who will do business with him. He will get some financial assistance by as he did on TV the other day saying he will run for the Presidency again, and his so far faithful base will provide that assistance by campaign contributions. 

I think they will hope to get him if the opportunity arises - however it might take the best part of a decade. 

Any case against Trump probably relies on a number of cases being prosecuted/successful and have a common thread (ie. Trump, manipulation of money, hands off involvement but he's all over the over arching business).

Chances are he'll be too mentally unstable or physically capable to cope with a court case and it wouldn't proceed.

Would hope to see Don Jr and Ivanka caught up in it. Not sure Eric Trump is smart enough to have tried dodgy accounting to make something stick to him.

On 20/01/2017 at 14:14, Sharpie said:

I have followed the Trumpanator since the primaries.

As someone who does not live in the States, and is a regular viewer of CNN, I feel as I have been well advised on this thread totally non qualified to comment, but I will anyway.

Alec Baldwin is more Presidential in his skits on SNL than Trump ever has or ever will be.

Trumps portrayals of Mussolini were amateur, at the best, but in reality he could end up like old Benito having a relationship with a lamp post.

I doubt he will be assasssinated, security will be too strong, it is too highly anticipated that attempts will be made.

I suspect there is a higher possibility he will be impeached at some stage.

I have stated my view from the beginning, it was the worst offering of choices for President in my lifetime, concluding with the absolute for us all worst choice.

I have lived through WW2, Palestine, Korea, Suez Crisis, and the Cuban missile threat, and many other wars, but what we could end up with now doesn't really affect me I am way too old, but I do worry for all of you, and particularly my own young family.

On 24/06/2021 at 20:04, Sharpie said:

:greggy:

:greggy:

Fixed that for you Bob, with a double 'greggy' for a double impeachment.

Weisselberg in his 70s is going to go to prison like a good soldier for Trump is he? Don't think so. 

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Weisselberg in his 70s is going to go to prison like a good soldier for Trump is he? Don't think so. 

Don't think he'll be anywhere near prison. Am I correct in thinking all they have after pouring over years of tax records is failure to pay tax on some corporate perks which would usually result in a fine and a slap on the wrists. But, as the big orange godzilla is involved..................................

You start with the small fish.  

Lean on them and offer them deals to avoid jail time by ratting on those higher up.

Rinse and repeat at each stage of the organisation until you get the head honcho.

Edited by Cade

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Don't think he'll be anywhere near prison. Am I correct in thinking all they have after pouring over years of tax records is failure to pay tax on some corporate perks which would usually result in a fine and a slap on the wrists. But, as the big orange godzilla is involved..................................

370k in off the books payments to fund his grandkids private schooling is not a corporate perk. 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)