U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Lindsey Graham, one of Trump's most loyal supporters, spoke passionately in the Senate, stating that Biden had won the election.  The rats truly are abandoning the ship.

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The term 'lame duck president' truly applies to Trump now

2 weeks of nothing with people ignoring his instructions and leaving him and his family in their past

The Republican party truly faces a choice as to the path it follows in the future

You wonder if you'll end up with a Trump party, a Republican party and the Democratic party

And he still holds the codes for the nukes. 😲

1 hour ago, trotter said:

At the risk of sounding callous, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes'. 

If you want to try your hand at over-running a government building, you have to expect that somebody will try and stop you. In a society with armed law enforcement, that means you accept the risk of getting shot. As tragic as any death is, they are extremely lucky it was only one today - it could've been a lot more - on both sides (protesters and LE). 

Four apparently , The lass that was shot and three from medical emergencies. Guessing that could be staff suffering heart attacks. In any way shape or form the whole thing is tragic and horrific.

27 minutes ago, sadj said:

Four apparently , The lass that was shot and three from medical emergencies. Guessing that could be staff suffering heart attacks. In any way shape or form the whole thing is tragic and horrific.

Yeah, just read that the now. That was my immediate thought too. Just harrowing. 

How will America ever recover from this?

What happens if the militias turn up on the 20th or any other day.

Oh and the cabinet are in discussion of said 25th amendment @The Real Maroonblood

Edited by ri Alban

19 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I wonder if Trump's old mate Piers Morgan will work a Thursday, after what happened. 

Farage is probably already en route to support his pal. 

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Tazio said:

A pangean? Like a dyslexic armadillo? 

edit. I’ve just realised that’s an incredibly lateral thinking kind of gag. I’m standing by it though. 

:D

5 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Farage is probably already en route to support his pal. 

I think they might remove him today. That was the final straw.

If not, I hope they have a fail safe in case he launches a Nuclear strike on Iran or another. 

I’m guessing the inauguration will not be held in public.

Though I suppose that comes with the danger that the crazies will say that means it’s not legitimate?

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I think they might remove him today. That was the final straw.

If not, I hope they have a fail safe in case he launches a Nuclear strike on Iran or another. 

He needs removed pronto.

I am appalled by the reckless behavior of some political leaders since the election and by the lack of respect shown today for our institutions, our traditions, and our law enforcement,”

George W. Bush.

Who would have thought that George Dubya would be a voice of sense and reason?  That’s how messed up Trump is.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Does show how binary choices can lead to rise in extremism, something we should be careful about his country. 

Social media being the ideal propoganda tool.

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He needs removed pronto.

He does. And I think it may have been a blessing in disguise that Mike Pence was under attack. Quite sobering for him. 

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Just seen the scenes in the US last night, **** me that is mental. 

Does show how binary choices can lead to rise in extremism, something we should be careful about his country. 

There's a scotref thread, if you'd like to explain your reasons on there. 👍

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Just seen the scenes in the US last night, **** me that is mental. 

Imagine if that mob had been black

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Imagine if that mob had been black

What would have happened?

crunchy frog

I cant wait to see the Trump mugshot when he gets huckled on 22nd Jan for tax evasion, and whatever else they can throw at him. A weekend in the cells and court on the Monday 😄 

The hair sliding off the side his thick heid will be my new AV

Unbelievable that the GOP continued to dispute the Electoral ballots and spout conspiracy theories after the events of the day.

They're heading towards oblivion.

Just now, Cade said:

Unbelievable that the GOP continued to dispute the Electoral ballots and spout conspiracy theories after the events of the day.

They're heading towards oblivion.

And a woman is dead because pushing delusion wins them votes.

Image may contain: 2 people, close-up, text that says "The day before she was fatally shot apparently by Capitol Police, Babbit tweeted, "Nothing will stop us.... they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours....dark hours to light." 112 AMERICA GRRAT AGAIN"

Biden wins 306-232.

Now let's hear all the submissions for the (second) Impeachment or 25th amendment removal of the President and the submissions for the removal from office of the objecting Members of Congress.

This may sound callous, but I'm struggling have a great deal of sympathy for the protestor/terrorist who stormed the Capitol building, presumably armed.

If I were to do the same in the Houses of Parliament, I'd fully expect to be shot.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Ashli Babbit identified as woman killed at DC protest in Capitol (nypost.com)

The President Trump supporter killed in the Capitol building Wednesday is an Air Force vet from California who tweeted a day earlier how “nothing will stop us” and “the storm is here.” 

Ashli Babbit, who had 14 years in the service and did four tours of duty, was married and lived near San Diego, her husband Aaron told KUSI-TV.

“I’m numb. I’m devastated. Nobody from DC notified my son and we found out on TV,” the husband’s mother, Robin Babbitt, told The Post, saying of her daughter-in-law, “She is a Trump supporter.”

Everything is “pretty surreal,” added Aaron’s brother, Justin. “It’s hard, because we haven’t been officially notified.”

The day before she was fatally shot — apparently by Capitol Police, Babbit tweeted, “Nothing will stop us…. they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours….dark to light.”

Babbit, who used the Twitter handle CommonAshSense, also retweeted Wednesday morning — a few hours ahead of her and other Trump supporters storming the Capitol — a “MUST BE DONE LIST before Congress meets today.”

It included, “Mike Pence@vp @Mike_Pence must resign & thereafter be charged with TREASON,” and, “Chief Justice John Roberts must RESIGN.”

I'd call her a terrorist.

1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

This may sound callous, but I'm struggling have a great deal of sympathy for the protestor/terrorist who stormed the Capitol building, presumably armed.

If I were to do the same in the Houses of Parliament, I'd fully expect to be shot.

Nah, it's understandable. I feel similarly when bad people with power and influence finally kick it. Often it's more a feeling of relief and that the world is now a better place.

But in the end this woman was a mere pawn, and she was duped into death for the cause of her manipulators.

manaliveits105

heads up guys Lorraine Kelly about to comment on the situation (after the adverts)

about as relevant as Justin Z though 

SwindonJambo

I hope a way can be found of putting Trump in prison for the rest of his days. Not only would it be well deserved but it would send out the message loud and clear that any would be future successor planning the same approach will get the same. People are dead because of his behaviour, who would otherwise be alive and well.

Utterly sick, worthless, despicable evil piece of shit and a waste of food, clothes, soap. Bog roll and oxygen. May he rot in hell, if there was such a place. 

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

heads up guys Lorraine Kelly about to comment on the situation (after the adverts)

about as relevant as Justin Z though 

tumblr_mg80bqtszb1rn4qwao3_250.gif?w=245

7 minutes ago, Cade said:

13 days to the inauguration. 

13 days to remove the maniac before he can cause any more damage.

13 days until his supporters turn up with guns this time.

Edited by Lovecraft

27 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

And a woman is dead because pushing delusion wins them votes.

Image may contain: 2 people, close-up, text that says "The day before she was fatally shot apparently by Capitol Police, Babbit tweeted, "Nothing will stop us.... they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours....dark hours to light." 112 AMERICA GRRAT AGAIN"

Dark to light - Pretty much the case if she believes in heaven and a forgiving god. 

Edited by Mysterion

2 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Dark to light - Pretty much the case if she believes in heaven and a forgiving god. 

Beliefs that have as much evidence for them as the election being stolen does—which illustrates the danger of their misuse quite starkly too.

It's a tragedy.

Just seen the video of the shooting from another, very clear, angle. She appears to climb to try and get through the broken window on the door. What I assume is a secret service agent on the other side immediately fires at her from about 6ft away.

Shocking when you know Biden is going to be the subject of multiple assassination attempts. Enemy states will be active in it as well. 

Congress is not re-convening until after the inauguration.

No impeachment.

No 25th.

No action at all.

These pansies are just going to let Trump get away with his attempted coup!

:seething:

Edited by Cade

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Meh

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Just seen the video of the shooting from another, very clear, angle. She appears to climb to try and get through the broken window on the door. What I assume is a secret service agent on the other side immediately fires at her from about 6ft away.

He's doing his job, protecting people. She's getting through the now open gap in door. 

Loads of Police on side of door with protesters. Shame they didn't control the situation. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Evo Morales weighing in

“The Trump administration has implemented a self-coup to stay in power. Just like it did in Bolivia, it promotes racist and fascist violence and it is not interested in democracy. Our solidarity with the American people.”

CNN reporting that their sources are telling them that senior members of the cabinet have began preliminary discussions into removing Trump from office by invoking the 25th.

Trump has also seemingly banned the VP's chief of staff from the WH.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Says it all that 20% of registered voters support a coup.

And not a coup because this failed government haven't provided any way for people to feed themselves for nine months, or healthcare in a pandemic, or jobs guarantees, or literally anything actually good for regular people.

A coup for a cult leader con man.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, pablo said:

Flag waving nationalist marches are never a good idea.

The Nuremberg rallies were pretty awesome as a spectacle tbf.

4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

And not a coup because this failed government haven't provided any way for people to feed themselves for nine months, or healthcare in a pandemic, or jobs guarantees, or literally anything actually good for regular people.

A coup for a cult leader con man.

Seen footage on CNN which was shot by ITV and was from inside the capitol building.

The reporter asked several people why they were there and the reply was, pretty much to take back their country from the corrupt Government.

Hold on I thought, isn't Trump the head of the Government, but I got the distinct impression that these people don't see Trump as part of the Government, they see him as Trump who is fighting against the Government, in other words they see Trump as being above the Government above the establishment, and that is a cult, and it's clear that many of his supporters see him as their cult leader.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)