U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 hour ago, Cade said:

You start with the small fish.  

Lean on them and offer them deals to avoid jail time by ratting on those higher up.

Rinse and repeat at each stage of the organisation until you get the head honcho.

Apparently they have all the dirt needed to charge Trump but they want the accountant as with Al Capone to close the lid on Trump walking.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
38 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

370k in off the books payments to fund his grandkids private schooling is not a corporate perk. 

How do you know it's not in his contract? Have you read it? After all he's been with the Trump organisation for 50 odd years. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Jeffros Furios

Sen Marsha Blackburn competing with Maramjet Greene as thickest politican in the US .

I'd link the tweet if I knew how .

AlimOzturk

Any who thinks Donald Trump gets anywhere near a prison let alone a court room really don’t understand how the world works. Not going to happen. 

On 03/07/2021 at 06:44, Seymour M Hersh said:

How do you know it's not in his contract? Have you read it? After all he's been with the Trump organisation for 50 odd years. 

My understanding that the offence would simply be a failure to declare the sum on his Income Tax returns.  If so possibly wrong but not a life or near  jail sentence. We will not know the full impact of the evidence until the full trial and evidence is released. My contempt for Trump is no secret, but it does seem to me that the crimes alleged against employees up to now  is more an effort to by a veiled or not so threat of serious jail time to make them turn to States evidence. I would suspect that these things mentioned are just seeds the real crop sought would be Trumps alleged policy of overstating values of properties, understating profits, failure to present proper Income Tax filings because of those things,  and payments made to such as Stormy Daniels under company expenses. Just like a human body the disease is not the horrible scabs and spots on the surface skin, it is what is happening in the body especially the major organs. 

Edited by Sharpie

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Any who thinks Donald Trump gets anywhere near a prison let alone a court room really don’t understand how the world works. Not going to happen. 

Yup.

I recently watched a video of Tony Benn speaking during the poll tax riots.

It’s a muted pointed maybe, but it really reflects on how the rich and poor divide is worse than it has even been.

There’s no such thing as government for the people anymore, it’s business for them. 

Greedy Jambo

It's quite ridiculous that the president of the united states only gets 4 years, they're basically part time staff. 

It's the permanent staff we need to worry about. 

Thank me later. 

Trump is totally unconcerned about the whole thing, he is on a speaking tour encouraging his fans to believe he will be reinstated as President in August. The security departments are quietly preparing for a suggested large demonstration in this regard in Washington D.C. in August.

The claims would be ridiculous if both Trump and his base did not indicate that they believe the reinstatement suggestion is fact. In one of his appointments last night when he was being introduced a woman called out loudly" the election was stolen" its a shame that these sad but loyal truly believe what he says. The State of Arizona have been auditing the election results for weeks, they are now starting again with a whole new type of electronic counting. 

The words Civil War are mentioned by both sides more often now in conversation as an extreme possibility. As a committed Hannity watcher now on Fox it is worrisome to listen to his provocative statements, according to he the Bidens are the most corrupt family in society, their son to be fair does his father no favours. society, Biden should and will be moved because of his mental condition by age deterioration. Last night he accused the mainstream media of not reporting news but serving to the masses propaganda. I made the same allegation about he some time ago.  

The fear we should all have is that Russia and China are already well into the process of trying Biden, Russia by frequent internet interference in U.S. financial interests, and China by just being a more mischiefy self. Sometimes old age and the closer exit from this whole messed up world is not the threat it once held. 

Its all too nice nice on JKB just now but I'll soon put a stop to that.

Trumpy is back at his best. Lies, threats, and language that will get his base riled so that they will act to get him reinstated in August. 

The usual, the election was rigged. The insurrection of Capitol Hill was full of love. The beautiful young military lady who was shot in the head and killed while trying to get out of a window should be acted on, the police officer identified and charged. The woman was shot in the shoulder, she was trying to get in to the building through a just broken window. The policeman who has not been identified has already been adjudged to have fired the shot with justification, he has been illegally identified and is the subject of death threats, Trump states that he will be reinstated in August, and is barely veiling his desire for another insurrection,  he now  States he has been impeached twice, and proudly states he is not getting better but getting worse. It is reported while President he tried to order that protestors should be shot and made this suggestion to a General who declined the order. He is on a speaking tour, and again to my non professional eye is showing strong signs of mental disability. 

It has gone on so long now that there is an attitude by a major number of non American public to ignore, just have a passing look shake the head and move on, the fact is this man is a threat to not just America, but all of us, the world has proven before that a nutty guy with a funny wee moustache, or an equally funny guy with a dyed comb over  and a fake orange tan if given an opportunity can bring the world to total crisis.

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Its all too nice nice on JKB just now but I'll soon put a stop to that.

Trumpy is back at his best. Lies, threats, and language that will get his base riled so that they will act to get him reinstated in August. 

The usual, the election was rigged. The insurrection of Capitol Hill was full of love. The beautiful young military lady who was shot in the head and killed while trying to get out of a window should be acted on, the police officer identified and charged. The woman was shot in the shoulder, she was trying to get in to the building through a just broken window. The policeman who has not been identified has already been adjudged to have fired the shot with justification, he has been illegally identified and is the subject of death threats, Trump states that he will be reinstated in August, and is barely veiling his desire for another insurrection,  he now  States he has been impeached twice, and proudly states he is not getting better but getting worse. It is reported while President he tried to order that protestors should be shot and made this suggestion to a General who declined the order. He is on a speaking tour, and again to my non professional eye is showing strong signs of mental disability. 

It has gone on so long now that there is an attitude by a major number of non American public to ignore, just have a passing look shake the head and move on, the fact is this man is a threat to not just America, but all of us, the world has proven before that a nutty guy with a funny wee moustache, or an equally funny guy with a dyed comb over  and a fake orange tan if given an opportunity can bring the world to total crisis.

Can the clown not just disappear?

Rodger Mellie
17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Can the clown not just disappear?

He’s going nowhere - he is the Republican Party.  Some of the Republicans that I know, still believe the election was stolen from him. The paradox being these are intelligent and successful people that hold these views. It’s scary. 

20 minutes ago, Rodger Mellie said:

He’s going nowhere - he is the Republican Party.  Some of the Republicans that I know, still believe the election was stolen from him. The paradox being these are intelligent and successful people that hold these views. It’s scary. 

It took me a long screed, and you nailed it in three lines, thanks.

18 hours ago, Rodger Mellie said:

Some of the Republicans that I know, still believe the election was stolen from him. The paradox being these are intelligent and successful people that hold these views. It’s scary. 

But do these people truly believe that? Couldn't it be the case that for a number of reasons they don't really believe it but will say they do? 

I think there may be a lot of that going on but I could be completely wrong. You say these are "intelligent and successful people".

I can't get my head around a mentally stable intelligent adult believing such simple minded drivel. If they truly do believe it they're so detached from reality I would have to question the mental stability factor.

Was listening to Michael Wolf on his third book on Trump and his conclusion is Trump is an insane, crazy and dangerous buffoon but if you live in a Fox News/right wing media silo this salient fact could well escape your attention. Trump gave Wolf two interviews on the record and media access during the final insane days of his admin as 'he gets ratings'. The previous 2 books eviscerated Trump but as Wolf gets ratings all good. 

Edited by JackLadd

23 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Was listening to Michael Wolf on his third book on Trump and his conclusion is Trump is an insane, crazy and dangerous buffoon but if you live in a Fox News/right wing media silo this salient fact could well escape your attention. Trump gave Wolf two interviews on the record and media access during the final insane days of his admin as 'he gets ratings'. The previous 2 books eviscerated Trump but as Wolf gets ratings all good. 

I live not in a Fox media silo but in a Fox media know your opposition style. I will not call the main presenters mentally challenged but wonder how apparently to a degree men can say the things they say and look in a mirror and not find it  difficult to look at the image straight in the eye.  Hannity goes on about Biden and his family, Biden for lying, and his family the most corrupt ever. It is maniacal to do such when Trump org. is embroiled in Court proceedings that could culminate with the whole Trump org. family and former President embroiled in future proceedings. Hannity has stopped calling President Biden, Sippy Cup, I suspect he was directed so. Tucker Carlson is part of the whole Fox syndrome, but I sometimes suspect he does finish his presentations, and wonder to himself what he is doing.

Fox sadly bring to mind a childhood of Herr Goebells  spouting similar propaganda, and he I suggest like Hannity was reading a script as much as personal belief. It should be kept in mind by some that the person who gives the murderer the weapon is equally guilty if not in law at least in the eyes of the general population.  

Rodger Mellie
5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

But do these people truly believe that? Couldn't it be the case that for a number of reasons they don't really believe it but will say they do? 

I think there may be a lot of that going on but I could be completely wrong. You say these are "intelligent and successful people".

I can't get my head around a mentally stable intelligent adult believing such simple minded drivel. If they truly do believe it they're so detached from reality I would have to question the mental stability factor.

They believed enough to travel hours to DC to attend the ‘Stop The Steal’ rally on that fateful day in January. 

Geddyalexneil
6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

A couple of things if I may.

Firstly people in a cult very rarely know it. They are so conditioned to believe that any negative things said from any source is "fake news"/"apostate lies". Only believe what the leader(s) say. If at any point you do have doubts the problems are 2 fold. There is worry about losing all the people that are now your friends and perhaps even all your family, who will disown you and also the feeling of worrying about how you will look having to say "I fell for this". 

From the last part of point 1 there comes cognitive dissonance. Even when something seems wrong they will find excuses for it. The internal struggle is difficult for them.

There are also those who at places like Fox News who are hoping for power/fame/wealth by backing this charlatan. Thy know it is nonsense and the election wasn't stolen but they are hoping their side wins and they never need to admit their part in the lie. They simply have no morals.   

14 hours ago, Rodger Mellie said:

They believed enough to travel hours to DC to attend the ‘Stop The Steal’ rally on that fateful day in January. 

I don't think that demonstrates belief. Support yes but not belief. I think people who supported the simpleton right from the start did so not because he was some political genius who convinced them he had all the answers.

It wasn't due to some fabulous manifesto laying out policies to solve all issues. Hell Trump doesn't even full comprehend what policy is. All he had was a couple of witless slogans and even they never came to anything.

"Lock her up". She was never locked up and never will be. But he might.

"Build that wall". Also didn't happen. Never will either. And what about the healthcare plan that was going to be "something great"

In the same fantasy never going to happen bin as lock her up. This complete idiot has done absolutely nothing of any note aside from embolden racists and white supremacists.

So, given all these demonstrable realities how stupid will somebody who backed him from the beginning be feeling? And how are they likely to respond to having made an ass of themselves with this nitwit.

Well it may be the case that rather than say I was a total idiot they simply double down. Retreat into a fantasy land where Trump is a "very stable genius" and express belief in anything he says. No matter how absurd and demonstrably untrue.

So Sturgeon misled parliament regards a U.S request to investigate Trump's funding sources of his Scottish golf resorts per QC in court of session. "Doesn't understand the law". Kissing Trump's ring now. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

So Sturgeon misled parliament regards a U.S request to investigate Trump's funding sources of his Scottish golf resorts per QC in court of session. "Doesn't understand the law". Kissing Trump's ring now. 

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, Cade said:

First Capitol attacker sent down for 8 months on federal charges.

One down, several hundred more to go.

:jjyay:

Rather lenient.

Getting soft.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Rather lenient.

Getting soft.

This particular tube was only charged with obstructing an official proceeding (the confirmation of Biden).

8 months in the pokey for that.

Just for being the very smallest part of it.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Cade said:

This particular tube was only charged with obstructing an official proceeding (the confirmation of Biden).

8 months in the pokey for that.

Just for being the very smallest part of it.

Fair enough. 

Its only just begun, watch out for August, the 6th of January is going to look like a minor skirmish. The only hope is that such as the FBI and police departments are more proactive than they were for January. Trump is still selling the big lie, I have watched a couple of his gatherings when he drops hints, and is obviously looking for some action. He is going to be in Arizona and Texas in August again on a speaking campaign type journey. Lindsey Graham stated last night Trump is going to run in 2024, he called Trump the leader of the Republican Party, and Levin on Fox is pushing his new book  that Democrats want to introduce total Marxism to United States, an army General has stated Trump was actually planning a coup, and is an ardent follower of the Nazi system. Even in the 2016 election I commented on Tumps Mussolini type physical actions, pouting, turning hands on hips, he is a believer in the dictatorial leadership style.

Watch Fox News if you can, Levin and Hannity are so much like the old WW2 gang, spouting lies, covering for their man and how everyone else is bad.

On 19/07/2021 at 16:05, Sharpie said:

Lindsey Graham stated last night Trump is going to run in 2024

Michael Cohen Tells Me Trump Won't Run in 2024

57 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Michael Cohen Tells Me Trump Won't Run in 2024

Heard it all before, CNN with ridicule, Fox with high praise and deference. Trump goes beyond any diagnosis of mental instability, he creates every time he opens his mouth a whole new set of definitions and diagnoses for the experts in mental therapy.

It would be actually quite amusing to listen to him and sit with a few like minded as myself an laugh at him, but this is not the case this is an obviously mental individual who not only has the support of like minded citizens, but has the total support and reverence of the Republican Party, members of which have named him the leader of the Party, and follow him resolutely.

I accept the criticism that I rabbit on about Trump, but not like some and I recently went back to page one of this very thread, and saw some who were complimentary about this man, I did not see any of my own comments offer him any form of support. This is not a comedy skit that is just going to go away, watch Fox News and listen to their statements, listen to some of the leading Senators, and listen to the number of regular people who believe implicitly all his lies, promises and veiled suggestions about action. I fear what is coming, not for myself, I have done my time but fear for my American relatives who have children and grand children and for great grandchildren who could all be affected by this mans insanity.

Beware the August 2021 of Trump, if it goes as I see a strong possibility of it going I see a strong impact on the USA and ultimately the World. I'll just away now and hope I am very wrong.

On August 13 we should get a good idea of how many people believe in conspiracy theories if a good crowd show up at the White House.  That's the day that Trump is supposedly being reinstated.  I'm sure the MAGA folks will be there to witness the historic event.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Donald Trump and Joe Biden

An extract from Trump's speech in Arizona a couple of days ago.  When he says "routers" does the self-proclaimed genius actually mean servers?

"The county has, for whatever reason, also refused to produce the network routers. We want the routers, Sonny, Wendy, we got to get those routers, please. The routers. Come on, Kelly, we can get those routers. Those routers. You know what? We're so beyond the routers, there's so many fraudulent votes without the routers. But if you got those routers, what that will show, and they don't want to give up the routers. They don't want to give them. They are fighting like hell. Why are these commissioners fighting not to give the routers?"

54 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

An extract from Trump's speech in Arizona a couple of days ago.  When he says "routers" does the self-proclaimed genius actually mean servers?

"The county has, for whatever reason, also refused to produce the network routers. We want the routers, Sonny, Wendy, we got to get those routers, please. The routers. Come on, Kelly, we can get those routers. Those routers. You know what? We're so beyond the routers, there's so many fraudulent votes without the routers. But if you got those routers, what that will show, and they don't want to give up the routers. They don't want to give them. They are fighting like hell. Why are these commissioners fighting not to give the routers?"

Looks like someone has no idea how those type of routers work. :rofl:

Trump still projecting in Arizona the Big Lie,

General Flynn uses the word coup

General Flynn states the election was stolen

General Flynn under investigation for what may be illegal contacts with two other Counties.

Trump shown speaking at a rally in Arizona obviously to an already enthusiastic crowd.

The instincts that made me stop men on Edinburgh streets on night shift because of justified suspicion are working here, I am totally convinced there will be serious trouble if not in Arizona but as a result of mayhem planned there.

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

:rofl:

I am the last person in the world to opine on computers or their systems, but as I do I studied the 6.00pm news broadcasts last night. The elected official in Arizona who has responsibility referred to the Routers being requested. He stated that they and the data they held were too important to be released to anyone. I have no doubt Trump had no idea what he was talking about, but and I stand to be corrected but the word "router" does not seem from what I heard quite so misplaced as suggested.

26 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I am the last person in the world to opine on computers or their systems, but as I do I studied the 6.00pm news broadcasts last night. The elected official in Arizona who has responsibility referred to the Routers being requested. He stated that they and the data they held were too important to be released to anyone. I have no doubt Trump had no idea what he was talking about, but and I stand to be corrected but the word "router" does not seem from what I heard quite so misplaced as suggested.

My post was originally intended to simply draw attention to what I consider to be an incoherent, babbling rant.  Then I edited the post to ask about his use of the word routers, including a question mark.

I've been retired for about 20 years so I'm certainly out-of-date when it comes to technology, but in my time a router was the device used to direct data flows in the proper direction, but the data itself was stored on servers.  It seemed to me that they're interested in the data itself, and servers is where you would find it. If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time ... this week, even! :wink:

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

My post was originally intended to simply draw attention to what I consider to be an incoherent, babbling rant.  Then I edited the post to ask about his use of the word routers, including a question mark.

I've been retired for about 20 years so I'm certainly out-of-date when it comes to technology, but in my time a router was the device used to direct data flows in the proper direction, but the data itself was stored on servers.  It seemed to me that they're interested in the data itself, and servers is where you would find it. If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time ... this week, even! :wink:

I certainly wasn't questioning you ML, even on CNN et al there was criticism of Trump and his reference to routers, I do understand that any comments about Trump were not so much the content it was the rambling repetitive nonsense he was as usual spouting. Such as again his claim the female shot on 6 Jan was shot in the head it was actually a fatal shot to her shoulder area. My most important knowledge about computers and it is the depth of my knowledge is the off on switch.

47 minutes ago, Cade said:

IRS ordered to hand over Trump's tax returns to Congress.

:jjyay:

If anyone thinks or believes Trump and his followers believe that he is quietly going to concede in any way his position  are in for a surprise. Trump has a powerful political  party totally at his command, an army of believers in numbers that could muster a considerable militaristic force, and a National hysteria that would commit to a violent defence, and promotion of their Chosen leader. 

One only has to see the disgusting response of Republican Senate and Congressional members to the evidence given by Capitol police officers at the Insurrection Hearings to see the venom hate, and cult like followers the man has engendered. He is the most  dangerous personality to hit the United States and indeed the World in generations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/07/2021 at 15:03, Sharpie said:

If anyone thinks or believes Trump and his followers believe that he is quietly going to concede in any way his position  are in for a surprise. Trump has a powerful political  party totally at his command, an army of believers in numbers that could muster a considerable militaristic force, and a National hysteria that would commit to a violent defence, and promotion of their Chosen leader. 

One only has to see the disgusting response of Republican Senate and Congressional members to the evidence given by Capitol police officers at the Insurrection Hearings to see the venom hate, and cult like followers the man has engendered. He is the most  dangerous personality to hit the United States and indeed the World in generations.

You're right, Trump will never concede anything regardless of contrary evidence.  Most politicians will fib, but they will do it with a good degree of plausibility. Trump on the other hand can be caught on film saying something then when questioned about it at another time will deny he said what he's on film saying.

As for the Republicans at this moment in time they pretty much are cult like. They don't give the proverbial flying about democratic norms, and their stance has created a situation where the intelligence services are stating that far right domestic terrorism is the greatest threat to domestic security.

They already shamelessly tried to steal an election they lost and are now standing by the ludicrous claim that it was rigged. Something as ludicrous as Trump denying he said what he's on film saying.

Bill Maher expertly describes that aspect of the insanity here. By that aspect I mean why these people in the party support Trump in this lie they know is a lie.

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

You're right, Trump will never concede anything regardless of contrary evidence.  Most politicians will fib, but they will do it with a good degree of plausibility. Trump on the other hand can be caught on film saying something then when questioned about it at another time will deny he said what he's on film saying.

As for the Republicans at this moment in time they pretty much are cult like. They don't give the proverbial flying about democratic norms, and their stance has created a situation where the intelligence services are stating that far right domestic terrorism is the greatest threat to domestic security.

They already shamelessly tried to steal an election they lost and are now standing by the ludicrous claim that it was rigged. Something as ludicrous as Trump denying he said what he's on film saying.

Bill Maher expertly describes that aspect of the insanity here. By that aspect I mean why these people in the party support Trump in this lie they know is a lie.

What date is it that Trump will be reinstated?

7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

This was a good episode of Real Time - should be on Sky Comedy for those interested. 

Also - the points made are a good advert for term limits for politicians. The jobs for life approach of some doesn't serve the public well. 

I think the UK would also benefit from this - would be good to see politicians in it because they want to serve rather than pick up wages. 2 terms on, 2 terms off before being able to stand again.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

13th. Biden probably glad of the chance to have a good kip, TBH.

How's it working, though? Does Trump have to keep Harris, like when Paulo Sergio kept Gary Locke on as first team coach, or have they recharged Pence's batteries?

:lol:

I'm still amazed that we are even taking about trump at this stage. 

But... Then when I think about it . I'll also not surprised at all.

The United States is in crisis, lies, misdeeds,  political party that has completely lost all conscience, and a media that is so polarized they have become nothing but propaganda purveyors.

My opinions of Trump are well known, my opinion of Biden less critical but growing more on a daily basis. I am a supporter of the aged, but when watching Biden he is just another old man. I feel fairly competent, but I am often as I am at the moment with a disagreement with my Strata Council. I have good arguments, and when considering them come up with good ammunition. However later I recall that I had the ammo but for the life of me cannot connect the words. Biden is the same, he is smart enough, just has a problem not always being able to put the words together. I have a wee problem with loss of property due to over irrigation, Biden has   literally a world of problems.

I am idiot enough to watch Hannity and Mark Levin, Levin sees everyone as socialistic believers with Communist tendencies. Hannity is scathingly reporting the misdeeds of Governor Cuomo who is acc used of touching, caressing and kissing female associates in an unwanted manner. Hannity is rightfully reporting on this and is adjudging a Democrat a a terrible person who should be charged criminally for unwanted touching. Is it my old failing memory, did I just hallucinate an orange faced male, with a ridiculous dyed hair comb over while on the campaign trail for the 2016  Presidential election not stand outside a bus and tell a young man that it was wonderful being a Hollywood celebrity as he was because you could handle young womens private areas in a sexually intended manner without negative repercussion,  he was not criminally or otherwise castigated but was elected President. This is all part of a strategy to have Trump reaffirmed for some reason as President in August, I still feel that whether he is or not there will be violence again, and worse.

I've never watched Fox News and I've stopped watching CNN.  The USA is so messed up it's hard to believe and I've learned that my life is calmer if I stay away from American politics.

Over 600,000 Americans have died from COVID, there have been over 35 million cases, and yesterday alone there were another 127,000 new cases as the fourth wave of infections seems imminent.  Yet a great many Republicans are opposed to vaccinations ... it's "the mark of the Beast" according to a member of the RNC.  

When a pandemic becomes politicised, you know that a country has lost its way.

5 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

I'm still amazed that we are even taking about trump at this stage. 

But... Then when I think about it . I'll also not surprised at all.

It will take for the party to stand up to him as a group - unfortunately there are Trump loyalists scattered across the party so difficult to do and any concerted effort would see people labelled traitors (like Liz Cheney was treated) before a unified stance could be stated.

18 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

When a pandemic becomes politicised, you know that a country has lost its way.

I never watch any news, in fact I never watch TV. I read all my news from a variety of sources. BBC, The Atlantic, New York Times, Politico as some examples.

The pandemic being politicised in this massively detrimental manner is simply another facet of the current Republican insanity. Let's face it, they're now full blown radical crazy. The rigged election fantasy everybody knows there isn't even an iota of evidence for just another facet of the crazy.

And I can only see them becoming crazier with Trump at the helm. Nothing controlled by Trump can ever end well. If I were religious which i'm not I might consider him a potential anti-Christ.

Frankly I currently view them as pretty much unelectable and I see no way they can become electable with Trump.  But, if I were wrong and this gang of crazies were elected, it would be even more catastrophic than the first time. Far more.

Andrew Comeau Governor of New York State rightfully as it should be now resigning effective in 14 days. He is doing so because of many complaints of touching ,kissing  female colleagues and employees. No sympathy having supervised policewomen,secretaries and communications operators some quite striking women it is not unusual for the male of the species to think .... and that is already too much  any type of verbal, or physical inuendo, so goodbye Guv, don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Again I ponder on media influence on these matters, again I refer to a future President who counselled a young man about how easy it was to sexually fondle young women in Hollywood, to get caught paying a ransom to a woman with whom he had sex whilst a married man. The woman was allegedly involved in the porn industry. A President when the story came out about the affair and payment  stood in Air Force One, as President and denied the whole thing, which was later totally confirmed by his lawyer making the payment on his behalf. 

Justice to what we the peons consider is neither understood, enforced all the time on celebrities, and such as the President of the United States. The definition of Justice should include exclusion to those of wealth, position and fame.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)