U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Incredible.  Kellyanne Conway was nothing but a pro-Trump fanatic and one of Trump's biggest enablers.  Why does that grant her special privileges under the law?

I mean, that's just how it works and has always worked in the U.S.

8 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

The daughter has now posted an update saying she's stepping away from social media and that she fights with her mother a lot but loves her.

Claudia really does seem to have a good heart and has been forced into an impossible situation.

By contrast, Kellyanne posted a topless picture of her minor daughter on the open internet and should be arrested, tried and convicted of disseminating an indecent image of a child, then placed on the sex offenders' registry for life.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Norm said:

I think that's one of the things that astounds me the most about Trump's reign, that ****ing Dubya is now considered to be a half decent president. 

Dubya has been fully rehabbed, and the First Dogs are back in the White House. 🐶 What's to be cynical about?

:cornette_dog:

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Incredible.  Kellyanne Conway was nothing but a pro-Trump fanatic and one of Trump's biggest enablers.  Why does that grant her special privileges under the law?

As her husband George was one of the anti-Trump founders of The Lincoln Project, there was only one way that marriage was going to go.  George is a staunch Republican.

I watched her on the Bill Maher show a couple of weeks ago.  Although she left the employ of the White House several months ago, she is still in close contact with Trump.  She talked of having a private one-on-one lunch with Trump in December.  She said that Trump barely mentioned the election (yeah, right!) but, instead, talked of his many great achievements as president.  

I wonder if a black woman had posted photos of her daughter's...................

Also do you think if a black man had admitted on tape that he goes around grabbing woman by the -----, do you think he'd ever become president of the United States.

I think we all know the answer.

For those of us who were foolish enough to hope that some sanity would return to American politics with the end of the Trump administration, the Republican Party of Oregon just sent us a wake-up call.  They have issued a proclamation condemning the 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump.  Here is an extract from that proclamation:

* Whereas history tells us that after George Washington appointed Major General Benedict Arnold to command West Point, Arnold conspired to surrender the fort to the British."

* "Whereas the ten Republican House members, by voting to impeach President Trump, repeated history by conspiring to surrender our nation to Leftist forces seeking to establish a dictatorship void of all cherished freedoms and liberties."

* "Whereas there is growing evidence that the violence at the Capitol was a 'false flag' operation designed to discredit President Trump, his supporters, and all conservative Republicans; this provided the sham motivation to impeach President Trump in order to advance the Democrat goal of seizing total power, in a frightening parallel to the February 1933 burning of the German Reichstag."

2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

The daughter has now posted an update saying she's stepping away from social media and that she fights with her mother a lot but loves her. 

George Conway has put the video up, I think he's done better out of all this because he's not allowed himself to get wound up and involved in an argument or to be recorded.

I think Kellyanne is used to dominating a conversation and can't take that her daughter calls her out on issues. I guess it is a sign that whilst she's defended the indefensible for Trump there's still a bit of her that's human (in some form).

I don't think for a moment her daughter posted that willingly or if she did, it was coerced. The poor girl, I can only imagine how terrifying it must be to have someone so deluded and unstable in control of your life.

50 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

For those of us who were foolish enough to hope that some sanity would return to American politics with the end of the Trump administration, the Republican Party of Oregon just sent us a wake-up call.  They have issued a proclamation condemning the 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump.  Here is an extract from that proclamation:

* Whereas history tells us that after George Washington appointed Major General Benedict Arnold to command West Point, Arnold conspired to surrender the fort to the British."

* "Whereas the ten Republican House members, by voting to impeach President Trump, repeated history by conspiring to surrender our nation to Leftist forces seeking to establish a dictatorship void of all cherished freedoms and liberties."

* "Whereas there is growing evidence that the violence at the Capitol was a 'false flag' operation designed to discredit President Trump, his supporters, and all conservative Republicans; this provided the sham motivation to impeach President Trump in order to advance the Democrat goal of seizing total power, in a frightening parallel to the February 1933 burning of the German Reichstag."

**** me

57 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I very much doubt much will come of this, a proclamation doesn't really amount to much more than them going on record as being loonies. Though, it is scary from the point that people are keeping up their conspiracy theories.

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The level of willful delusion seems to know no bounds. Alternative reality

On 25/01/2021 at 22:36, Mysterion said:

I do think they'd have seriously hurt someone if the security teams hadn't evacuated Senators/Congressmen & women on time.

100%

Full on mad pack mentality.

Rodger Mellie
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Start spreading the news. I'm leaving...November...! Oan yersel, Joe!😎

Screenshot_20210126-225403_Twitter.jpg

Good news. Hopefully the borders will be open to non US citizens/residents by the summer. I've got mates booked up to visit in May, July and August, which includes a 40th down in New Orleans which I've already got a pass for. Be gutted to miss that.

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:pleasing: We need more proud boys imo.

When was it - twenty years ago?, the numpties from Wester Hailes were the previous generations Proud boys.  Thought they were the KKK and tried to recruit at Tynecastle.  Didn't end well for them.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

When was it - twenty years ago?, the numpties from Wester Hailes were the previous generations Proud boys.  Thought they were the KKK and tried to recruit at Tynecastle.  Didn't end well for them.

Aye I mind that. Combat 18 or something?

29 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye I mind that. Combat 18 or something?

They were in the Tynecastle Arms a lot, an mate of mine whi did Security for Hearts, he's dead now sadly, always told me and a couple of mate who were the same age as me, to keep out of there whenbwe went to games.

45 Republican Senators try to block the Impeachment trial as Trump is no longer President, despite many Constitutional Supreme Court rulings clearly stating that ex-officials can be put on trial and blocked from holding office again.  

So that's it then, a clear statement of intent that they'll not vote to convict.

Trump's 2024 campaign has already started.

CavySlaveJambo
17 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Arizona GoP censured Cindy McCain, Jeff Flake and Doug Ducey over the whole election and post election  scenario as well.   

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Arizona GoP censured Cindy McCain, Jeff Flake and Doug Ducey over the whole election and post election  scenario as well.   

Cindy McCain said it was a badge of honour being censured by them.👍

3 hours ago, Cade said:

45 Republican Senators try to block the Impeachment trial as Trump is no longer President, despite many Constitutional Supreme Court rulings clearly stating that ex-officials can be put on trial and blocked from holding office again.  

So that's it then, a clear statement of intent that they'll not vote to convict.

Trump's 2024 campaign has already started.

Correct.  The impeachment trial is over even although it hasn't even started.

Trump has already filed his candidacy papers for the 2024 election.  That doesn't mean he'll run, but it means that he is now in a position to legally accept campaign donations.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Correct.  The impeachment trial is over even although it hasn't even started.

Trump has already filed his candidacy papers for the 2024 election.  That doesn't mean he'll run, but it means that he is now in a position to legally accept campaign donations.

Sad but true.

When will they ever learn.

Never.

Asbsolute heidbangers to a man/woman.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Republicans had a chance to sort this. Now they've destroyed their own party. 

Muppets.

Reddit appears to be on the brink of bankrupting some hedge funds by all buying stock in GameStop that these funds had taken out billions of dollars of short sales on, meaning when the contracts come due, they'll owe billions more than they have.

This end-user, community-level sort of action threatens the entire fake money-laundering Wall Street game. Hedge funds, and all their financial cousins, are famous for loving the free market so much that they make sure to manipulate and rig it in their favour. And whenever they screw up, they're sure to get a free market bailout from the government.

Free market all-stars :rofl:

8 hours ago, Cade said:

One of the big hedge funds has pulled out of GameStop after losing $3billion

:yas:

Elon Musk is in on it, anaw :rofl:

He's hoping they come for the brexiteers like Johnson, Mogg and Farage. 

The American left: We want people to get lifesaving healthcare and have a chance at a dignified life

The American right:

I'm not surprised to discover Trump simply can't let go of the attention he's been getting as POTUS. It's the only thing that ever interested him. He doesn't give the proverbial flying about the American people.

And here's his solution to continuing as before aside from being stripped of the powers. He will continue holding attention begging rallies repeating his handful of lines/lies.

Trump establishes 'Office of the Former President' in Florida

Former President Trump on Monday established an official post-presidency office in Palm Beach County, Fla., setting up a vehicle for future public appearances and statements.

"The Office of the Former President" will manage Trump's correspondence, public statements, appearance and official activities, according to a press release from the office.  FULL ARTICLE

Selkirk_Jambo

Some of the replies are gold. Death Star of David and Larry Sander's new show "Curb your imperialism" being among my favourites :D

Edited by Selkirk_Jambo

29 minutes ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

Some of the replies are gold. Death Star of David and Larry Sander's new show "Curb your imperialism" being among my favourites :D

:rofl:

Wouldn't it be easier for Jews to just strike a match rather than going through all the rigmarole of financing, developing, and launching space lasers in secret?

But who could have predicted 'Jewish space laser' trending on Twitter.

What a time to be alive.

5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:rofl:

Wouldn't it be easier for Jews to just strike a match rather than going through all the rigmarole of financing, developing, and launching space lasers in secret?

But who could have predicted 'Jewish space laser' trending on Twitter.

What a time to be alive.

The social media ramblings of MTG could fill a book of absolute crazy. 

It's astounding she has been elected to Congress.  

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

The social media ramblings of MTG could fill a book of absolute crazy. 

It's astounding she has been elected to Congress.  

She ran unopposed.

The place she represents is full of crazies. 

She's considered sane by the standards of that part of Ohio.

Its not often one gets to actually live a period of their life over again, I was born in 1935 so although not truly aware of what was going on I did in actually in  fact live through the rise of Hitler and the Nazis.

I am totally aware of the happenings just now, and its all happening again. I watch Hannity on FoxNews, not because I like or admire him, but because i believe in the adage, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. I see the people like McCarthy criticise Trump then go to Florida and kiss his ass because they are afraid they will lose not his support but the support he commands. This is so true of many elected Republicans, they accept that its kiss or lose, and despite their possible contempt for Trump he is their key to being elected. They obviously do not believe in the advice if you do not learn from the past you will fail.

Edited by Sharpie

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

@Sharpie

You might want to edit the year you were born! :whistling:

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

@Sharpie

You might want to edit the year you were born! :whistling:

😃 Thanks although there are some days thats how I feel. 

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

The Lincoln Project is Suing Rudy Giuliani

The stuff they talked about in that video after they talked about Giuliani was equally interesting.

The USA is certainly messed up.

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The stuff they talked about in that video after they talked about Giuliani was equally interesting.

The USA is certainly messed up.

Rick Gaetz goes to Wyoming, interviewed  he states that it is his first visit to Wyoming, he has been here an hour and he says he knows the people of Wyoming better than than Senator Cheney.

I watch with interest now Hannity. He harps on about all Bidens errors, Biden had been in position at the time less than a week. Hannity goes on about the lies told by the Dems, he never mentions the lies for four years by Trump. I am not a fan of Hannity,  but from the age of seventeen at the Guards Depot it has been drummed in to me also as a policeman to know your enemy.

Hannity goes on about Trump never saying anything that could be considered incitement. About a week before the riots Trump addressed a crowd of admirers, I commented on his speech right here on JKB, I stated that his word could cause violence leading to injury and possibly even death.  That prediction became very true.

Effort  by Impeachment is again being used to try to get Trump to account for his actions, for a while some Republicans were leaning in favor.  Kevin McCarthy gave comments saying he agreed that some of Trumps words were inciting. He recently went to Florida, probably kissed his leaders hand while on his knees and apologised for his comments. 

Senator Greene has now erased her internet comments, she is a dangerous woman, thick as a plank but dangerous in her words.

I again repeat my concerns about the similarities to the thirties, it is now hard for me to believe that German people whom I have found in adult life to be excellent people fell for Hitler and his enablers such as Goebells, Goering, and Himmler, gained total control of the army, and for me even worse the civilian police and Court systems, but Trump who many see similarly as they saw Hitler ,a comic opera character follow him blindly. I and I am too old to change have always been a news junkie, I follow many channels, and even countries, and I am concerned for the USA.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

Rick Gaetz goes to Wyoming, interviewed  he states that it is his first visit to Wyoming, he has been here an hour and he says he knows the people of Wyoming better than than Senator Cheney.

I watch with interest now Hannity. He harps on about all Bidens errors, Biden had been in position at the time less than a week. Hannity goes on about the lies told by the Dems, he never mentions the lies for four years by Trump. I am not a fan of Hannity,  but from the age of seventeen at the Guards Depot it has been drummed in to me also as a policeman to know your enemy.

Hannity goes on about Trump never saying anything that could be considered incitement. About a week before the riots Trump addressed a crowd of admirers, I commented on his speech right here on JKB, I stated that his word could cause violence leading to injury and possibly even death.  That prediction became very true.

Effort  by Impeachment is again being used to try to get Trump to account for his actions, for a while some Republicans were leaning in favor.  Kevin McCarthy gave comments saying he agreed that some of Trumps words were inciting. He recently went to Florida, probably kissed his leaders hand while on his knees and apologised for his comments. 

Senator Greene has now erased her internet comments, she is a dangerous woman, thick as a plank but dangerous in her words.

I again repeat my concerns about the similarities to the thirties, it is now hard for me to believe that German people whom I have found in adult life to be excellent people fell for Hitler and his enablers such as Goebells, Goering, and Himmler, gained total control of the army, and for me even worse the civilian police and Court systems, but Trump who many see similarly as they saw Hitler ,a comic opera character follow him blindly. I and I am too old to change have always been a news junkie, I follow many channels, and even countries, and I am concerned for the USA.

It’s a big concern when a nation with the size of population, and great power as the US forgets or ignores the lessons of recent history. 
Good people can easily be sucked in by the drip feeding of lies by dangerous individuals. I’ve mentioned previously, that with my mother having been born in pre war Germany, I had a few German relatives who were around during the rise of Hitler. They were good people who were very swiftly taken in by the propaganda of the Nazis. Before they knew it, they were in a situation where any opposition to the Nazis was nigh impossible.

It’s easier to keep these nutters out of power in the first place, rather than try to remove them once they’re in. Americans have been given a second chance to have sanity prevail. Let’s hope they grasp it.

It’s mainly up to the Republicans, in my opinion. Trump’s son has already declared the GOP as being “Donald Trump’s Republican Party”. They need to divorce themselves entirely from his poison.

GOP is going all-in on Trumpism.

Their show of unity in attempting to have the impeachment trial throw out was a clear declaration of that.

There is no chance of him being convicted and the GOP is going to go properly far-right over the next two years leading to the mid-terms.

4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Considerably more disturbing. Giuliani is a clown, a joke. This woman on the other hand is, as was stated, "utterly insane" and in a relatively prominent position.

The Republicans appear to be going all out crazy and these Lincoln project guys don't think such wackos are electable in a general election.

Though in saying that vast numbers of the population get no real news. I myself heard a woman tell someone else recently that Trump did nothing wrong and that this person should check out 'Newsmax' for the real story.

Here's the media bias/fact check report on Newsmax.

Overall, we rate Newsmax Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of conspiracy theories and pseudoscience as well as numerous failed fact checks. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/newsmax/

They don't want news, they want to hear what they want to hear. This isn't just a US problem but it's a far bigger problem in the US than in any other leading Western nation. Probably any Western nation.

They're on a slippery slope to disaster which Russia will continue to nudge them along. There must be an all out effort to investigate and reveal all the crimes of Trump.

I'm relatively confident that will happen. Everybody on the sane side including sane Republicans know that Trump has to be utterly discredited.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

GOP is going all-in on Trumpism.

Is there even really such a thing? Trump for me had absolutely zero in the way of a real political manifesto. If it's a thing all it amounts to is lie and say insane things.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)