U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Stood and watched people on the TV being killed at the home of government and did nothing. Focus should maybe be on that more than his words. Show the tent video as evidence

I'm pretty certain that was them backstage at the rally just before he took to the stage to incite violent sedition.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The greatest deal maker in history is going bankrupt, he's broke.

Just think of the money he could have made on the after dinner speech circuit, but that's all gone now, maybe Melania might help out and earn some money, I'm sure she's gotta be good at something, you know as a seamstress or something like that.

I'd give her twenty quid for a blowie. 

I might just tweet her with the suggestion.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, jamborich said:

The clock was suspended due to covid restrictions there was no time limit on voting

Ah. Cheers!

2 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

A lot of Senators will either give indications on background to reporters, or will talk to other Senators who in turn talk to journalists.

Most likely Senate Republicans for conviction would be Romney, Toomey, Murkowski and Sasse. Collins could be in the mix but who knows as she has no spine. McConnell today indicated he was undecided, but that’s a warning sign for Trump - if he was a hard no, he’d have made that clear.

A couple of other factors play in...

- Warnock and Ossoff may not get sworn in for several days yet

- technically, it’s not 67 votes but rather two thirds of those present. So if anyone decides not to show up...

I was under the incorrect impression that a resignation or departure from office had the effect of bringing impeachment proceedings to an end.  The fact that the Senate can conclude the process after Trump's term of office has finished could change things.  It could give McConnell et al an opportunity to purge Trump and his supporters from the Republican party.

4 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. All the people on social media expressing sympathy for Melania over the last four years and saying it’s such a shame for her. Nonsense. She’s as horrible a ***** as he is. I posted a tweet earlier in this thread of her condolences to the people killed in the Capitol. The first mention was “air force veteran Ashlli Babbitt” before the policemen she listed the people involved in the attack. And the police officers last. Then a bit of self pity about herself. 
She’s willing to live with and breed with a disgusting human being for the money and status it grants her, another power and wealth crazed individual. 

I completely agree.  She has been one of Trump's enablers for the last four years.

7 minutes ago, gjcc said:

The Jye stands for “Jay”. 

I thought it was it could not find a seat. A anyway, if someone is called John in my neck of the woods, he is usually known as jye.

Trump's J is for jalopy. 

Hagar the Horrible

Despite his second impeachment, it was still a sad indictment of US politics, that only 10 GOP members were brave enough to vote for impeachment, a lot were fearful of repercussions from Ra Peepul when they left the safety of the CAPITOL.  Impeachment is one thing and the Child in Chief is according to Whitehouse officials having a giant pity party. 

Problem is Impeachment is one thing being a big brave boy with his big boy pants on is he is like the worlds worst internet troll, A keyboard warrior  who attacked the Capitol with ease, despite hiding behind the safety of the same people he was attacking. He would have had a modicum of respect if he was at the front of the crowd instead of hiding in his bunker. However he can still do a lot worse from that bunker, as that was a small militia, not only can he still do a lot of damage in 6 days in his ivory tower, once he is outside the tent pissing in, backed with 70m voters of which 50m believed it was stolen due to his lies, he has stirred up all the crazies big style, next week is going to be some watch, in all states.

On a scale this could end up with timeless conspiracy theories gaining momentum and be added to the top of the list above the moon landings and JFK’s assassination, that would be the best scenario as the worst is unimaginable,  The military and the cops are usual republican in nature.

The rest of the world are looking at this, the Russians need to send out for more vodka as Trump has dome more damage than they could achieve with any cyber attack. Britain and the rest of Europe are looking at this from under a duvet, the Middle east ululating a Guinness book of records mass zaghrouta .

America has to hope that impeachment is enough and a proper trial will commence, but allowing Trump to save face in the eyes of the world won’t go down well.  He has gone fully insane, and the GOP members who stuck by him, might regret their actions. Donald Jenius Tantrump has to have his big boy pants taken down and given a very public spanking at the Wal-Mart tills

Is this just the beginning of the second civil war, and rise of a new confederacy?

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Despite his second impeachment, it was still a sad indictment of US politics, that only 10 GOP members were brave enough to vote for impeachment, a lot were fearful of repercussions from Ra Peepul when they left the safety of the CAPITOL.  Impeachment is one thing and the Child in Chief is according to Whitehouse officials having a giant pity party. 

Problem is Impeachment is one thing being a big brave boy with his big boy pants on is he is like the worlds worst internet troll, A keyboard warrior  who attacked the Capitol with ease, despite hiding behind the safety of the same people he was attacking. He would have had a modicum of respect if he was at the front of the crowd instead of hiding in his bunker. However he can still do a lot worse from that bunker, as that was a small militia, not only can he still do a lot of damage in 6 days in his ivory tower, once he is outside the tent pissing in, backed with 70m voters of which 50m believed it was stolen due to his lies, he has stirred up all the crazies big style, next week is going to be some watch, in all states.

On a scale this could end up with timeless conspiracy theories gaining momentum and be added to the top of the list above the moon landings and JFK’s assassination, that would be the best scenario as the worst is unimaginable,  The military and the cops are usual republican in nature.

The rest of the world are looking at this, the Russians need to send out for more vodka as Trump has dome more damage than they could achieve with any cyber attack. Britain and the rest of Europe are looking at this from under a duvet, the Middle east ululating a Guinness book of records mass zaghrouta .

America has to hope that impeachment is enough and a proper trial will commence, but allowing Trump to save face in the eyes of the world won’t go down well.  He has gone fully insane, and the GOP members who stuck by him, might regret their actions. Donald Jenius Tantrump has to have his big boy pants taken down and given a very public spanking at the Wal-Mart tills

Is this just the beginning of the second civil war, and rise of a new confederacy?

Good post.

33 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

JFK’s assassination

Fake news, i'm still here. But mightily pissed off at the utter shite being babbled in defence of Trump at the impeachment vote.

They're saying can't you lot just move on? He only tried to overthrow the government. And you want to punish him for that? That will simply make him madder and who knows what he and the cult might do.

And talking of being pissed off it reminds me of a time in my misspent youth when I was fined for pissing in a public place. My defence was obviously useless.

Instead of saying it was down to youthful drunkenness I should have been saying hey, you really want to punish me for this?

You really want to make me so mad I might go on a pissing rampage? Might start the rampage right here in the dock. Your choice.

12 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. All the people on social media expressing sympathy for Melania over the last four years and saying it’s such a shame for her. Nonsense. She’s as horrible a ***** as he is. I posted a tweet earlier in this thread of her condolences to the people killed in the Capitol. The first mention was “air force veteran Ashlli Babbitt” before the policemen she listed the people involved in the attack. And the police officers last. Then a bit of self pity about herself. 
She’s willing to live with and breed with a disgusting human being for the money and status it grants her, another power and wealth crazed individual. 

Totally, I'll bet she's loved pretty much every minute of being 'First Lady'.

Hagar the Horrible
13 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Totally, I'll bet she's loved pretty much every minute of being 'First Lady'.

Jackie, was considered the best first lady (Michele excluded)  She re-married poor thing I have no idea what she saw in the billionaire shipping magnate.   I can see Melania leaking anything and everything so the Donald ends up in jail, she gets the lot.  I can see her getting of of dodge ASAP and put the creep fest behind her.  Being first lady is the best role ever, she will deserve an Oscar if she shows any kind of sadness. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Jackie, was considered the best first lady (Michele excluded)  She re-married poor thing I have no idea what she saw in the billionaire shipping magnate.   I can see Melania leaking anything and everything so the Donald ends up in jail, she gets the lot.  I can see her getting of of dodge ASAP and put the creep fest behind her.  Being first lady is the best role ever, she will deserve an Oscar if she shows any kind of sadness. 

The lot? Of debt? Hope you’re right though because she will be disappearing off the face of the earth anyway so she might as well stick him in the shit. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I dare say China is thrilled Biden won. 

Trading again with less tariffs on the agenda no doubt but helped with a weakened USA fighting from within.

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yip.  Trump was all set to hit them with every kind of possible sanction and penalty once Covid ceased to be the major issue.

13 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Oh, she'll play the victim card, of that I have no doubts about.

Her book is going to be dynamite.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

China and Russia must be laughing their heads off.

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Both were pretty happy with Trump to be honest, Russia were last to congratulate Biden. It’s only a few weeks since Trump absolved Russia of blame for the cyber hack.
China has deals with Trump, organised by Ivanka and his clothing line (suits/shirts/ties) are all made there. 

https://choice.npr.org/index.html?origin=https://www.npr.org/2020/12/17/947693804/putin-acknowledges-bidens-win-more-than-a-month-after-the-election

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/22/ivankas-trademark-requests-were-fast-tracked-in-china-after-trump-was-elected/?sh=1ae0d5651d60

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Fake news, i'm still here. But mightily pissed off at the utter shite being babbled in defence of Trump at the impeachment vote.

They're saying can't you lot just move on? He only tried to overthrow the government. And you want to punish him for that? That will simply make him madder and who knows what he and the cult might do.

And talking of being pissed off it reminds me of a time in my misspent youth when I was fined for pissing in a public place. My defence was obviously useless.

Instead of saying it was down to youthful drunkenness I should have been saying hey, you really want to punish me for this?

You really want to make me so mad I might go on a pissing rampage? Might start the rampage right here in the dock. Your choice.

:laugh:

Pat Stanton - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia  Pishy Pat approves of this post.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yip.  Trump was all set to hit them with every kind of possible sanction and penalty once Covid ceased to be the major issue.

He already had,whilst sti doing personal business with them, and he wasn’t bothered about Covid. 
China have responded, it will be interesting to see what Biden does, likely to dial back on restrictive measures. 
https://www.ft.com/content/33c307b7-7157-442d-90b4-f48308429d02

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/01/13/kurt-campbell-biden-asia-china-appointment/

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3117237/us-china-trade-war-expect-biden-change-tactics-towards-beijing-not

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:laugh:

Pat Stanton - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia  Pishy Pat approves of this post.

Not as pissed off as the taxi driver with his heating on whilst holding his nose 😆🤮🤬

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He already had,whilst sti doing personal business with them, and he wasn’t bothered about Covid. 
China have responded, it will be interesting to see what Biden does, likely to dial back on restrictive measures. 
https://www.ft.com/content/33c307b7-7157-442d-90b4-f48308429d02

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/01/13/kurt-campbell-biden-asia-china-appointment/

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3117237/us-china-trade-war-expect-biden-change-tactics-towards-beijing-not

I actually think Biden will be quietly delighted at some of the moves made by Trump. 

The latest i can think of is having Chinese companies delisted from the stock exchange and banning Chinese payment processors both of which i think are actually good moves. 

Trying to control China is not easy - Trump's tariffs were a bit silly because they had to bail out farmers. Banning Chinese tech from infrastructure is a starting point (like the UK) there's many other ways to stop Chinese influence like blocking foreign buy outs of US companies etc. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I actually think Biden will be quietly delighted at some of the moves made by Trump. 

The latest i can think of is having Chinese companies delisted from the stock exchange and banning Chinese payment processors both of which i think are actually good moves. 

Trying to control China is not easy - Trump's tariffs were a bit silly because they had to bail out farmers. Banning Chinese tech from infrastructure is a starting point (like the UK) there's many other ways to stop Chinese influence like blocking foreign buy outs of US companies etc. 

I’m not sure if controlling any country is the right thing to do, China has been playing the other countries at their own game and they're not happy. An alleged communist government seem to be pretty good at this capitalism lark. I wouldn’t take sides as they all have massive flaws in my opinion. 
Biden will hopefully do the right thing but much like his old boss I think early promise might not last long. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Who will play trump in the dramatisation?,  might need CGI to shring their hands

Peter Lawell seems well suited to the role 🤔?

wentworth jambo
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Peter Lawell seems well suited to the role 🤔?

Surely Alex Baldwin has already auditioned and been signed for that ???

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Surely Alex Baldwin has already auditioned and been signed for that ???

He surely can’t do all the films/tv that are going to be made, however good he is at the role 😆
Seth Myers is pretty good at impersonating Trump too, would need a fat suit though 🤔

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’m good thanks. How are you?

Glad to hear PfK, I'm pretty good, just been really busy with work this week. Wondering if I've missed anything important

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Glad to hear PfK, I'm pretty good, just been really busy with work this week. Wondering if I've missed anything important

The final ever episode of the United States of America has been on all week.

It's been gripping so far.

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

I can't wait for the spin off

Divided States of America

To air

Just now, milky_26 said:

To air

I hope Texas gets a good kicking.

🙂

And the rest of the shitty Southern states.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Hay guys how's it going in here???

Like all news channels a lot of the stuff is repetitive. 

CNN compulsive viewing. 

Getting good at naming the reporters especially the female ones.😜

In a plot twist absolutely everyone could have predicted, Trump has fallen out with Rudy and is refusing to pay his $20000 per day legal fees.

Seems like pretty good money when all he did was organise a press conference at a landscaping firm, get a drunk woman to testify, break wind, and let hair dye run down his face.

And talk about kicking a man when he's down, Macaulay Culkin is calling for Trump's cameo to be removed from Home Alone 2. It looks like Jim Jordan's call for national unity has fallen on deaf ears.

9 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I hope Texas gets a good kicking.

🙂

And the rest of the shitty Southern states.

Hey, Texas isn't that bad as a whole. Agree that the rest of the southern states are shite. Other than Destin, Clearwater and Disneyworld, Florida is a hateful place. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Quite a few more disturbing videos have emerged from the insurrection. 
Everyone braced for more of the same next week. More memes like these 😆

A78E6F18-637D-4FCC-A482-54CB9C960395.jpeg

2B8FB1A7-27A2-4087-B737-38EC1A2CEEBA.jpeg

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

In a plot twist absolutely everyone could have predicted, Trump has fallen out with Rudy and is refusing to pay his $20000 per day legal fees.

Seems like pretty good money when all he did was organise a press conference at a landscaping firm, get a drunk woman to testify, break wind, and let hair dye run down his face.

And talk about kicking a man when he's down, Macaulay Culkin is calling for Trump's cameo to be removed from Home Alone 2. It looks like Jim Jordan's call for national unity has fallen on deaf ears.

Jim Jordan, sounds like a hybrid Hearts manager 🤔. Absolute loony.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics/jim-jordan-election-stolen-fact-check/index.html

Rudy could be called to testify in the impeachment process apparently, might not be the best time to fire him 😆

Apparently the clip could be edited easily out of HA2 hahahahaha 🙈😂

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

To air

The Former United Kingdom is more my bag 😜

Edited by Pasquale for King

32 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Everything's (im)peachy.

:cheers:

32 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

🥳

25 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Like all news channels a lot of the stuff is repetitive. 

CNN compulsive viewing. 

Getting good at naming the reporters especially the female ones.😜

Mexican weather lady to mix things up a bit?

35 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Nothing new, same old same old, riots, Trump impeached, riots  possibly at Inauguration, everybody disagreeing, it snowed here, hockey season started, I done a laundry yesterday, ironing today, all routine, rest easy.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Nothing new, same old same old, riots, Trump impeached, riots  possibly at Inauguration, everybody disagreeing, it snowed here, hockey season started, I done a laundry yesterday, ironing today, all routine, rest easy.

You missed out watching the Seahawks get pumped off the LA (for now) Rams 😱🤣😆

43 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Breaking Up Bad !😄

Hagar the Horrible

Are the Mexicans about to complete the wall? Canada ashould consider one as well.  Its actualy difficult for even Joe to be taken seriously on the world stage if the Senate does heehaw over Trump,  The next election will either see the GOP collapse or more likely become extremist and legal with it, in either case Division is here for a long time, and a scary place to dwell.  Texas as a soveriegn power in our lifetime

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)