• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A small group of men hating feminists. It is getting to the stage where I don't think they even know or care what they protest about now.

:biggrin:

You're turning into Piers Morgan.

As for the "men-hating feminists" nonsense, that's just not true at all. I was there, and I don't hate men in the slightest. Fairly certain the men who were there probably also don't hate men either.

It was an excellent turnout.

You seem a delightful chap. Maybe they do protest against other women's rights as well?

Don't take away the right of people to protest whatever the cause. Once you do it's a very slippery slope.

Thanks, I am.

I understand serious protests, I don't agree or like them but understand. This is just a show, their 'rights' aren't under threat it's just a big look at me parade.

I'll say it again, people who don't live in the US protesting President Trump are cretins.

Thanks, I am.

I understand serious protests, I don't agree or like them but understand. This is just a show, their 'rights' aren't under threat it's just a big look at me parade.

I'll say it again, people who don't live in the US protesting President Trump are cretins.

Interesting reaction.

Why does it make you so angry?

Anyone off the street can pretty much stump your pal within two minutes on notions of 'equality' if he or she wants to and Dawkins pretty much did that on the Nicky Campbells show a few years back. The q goes:

'Tell me about the punishment for apostates and where it came from'

I very much doubt it would stump Josh as it doesn't even stump me. As pointed out above, though, this isn't a thread on Islam -- if we want to do another round of this, there's other threads for that.

Thanks, I am.

Hard to understand that who leads the US impacts foreign policy, and therefore the rest of the world?  That US backsliding on climate emissions impacts non-Americans?

Thanks, I am.

Why are they cretins?

Good to see Trump's press secretary standing up for free speech as well.

Thanks, I am.

What about Americans who don't live in the US?

Trump's press secretary just told the WH press corps that it was the largest inauguration crowd in history, period, despite it self-evidently being the lowest attended in at least 24 years, and absolutely dwarfed by the enormous Women's March today.

He then refused to take questions from the press, despite him, you know, being the press secretary.

Bizarre times ahead.

Edit: Here's the video. Even weirder than it sounded in reports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8llFHHAkGcw

Edited by Ugly American

Craig Gordons Gloves

Trump also spent considerable time of his speech at the CIA complaining about the media and saying the numbers released were fake news.

These were numbers released by the federal govt.

Anyone on here still think he should be given a chance, have a serious word with yourself. He's now the president and instead of behaving like a wean, he should be behaving like a president, not whining about the actual truth and all that.

As for people protesting, it's a basic right in a democracy, the amount of piers Morgan type replies is staggering embarrassing.

Don't like the guy. However, he has been democratically voted by both men and women. Would we rather not have democratic society? In any case, the protests will be blown over with two weeks. That's life.

Don't like the guy. However, he has been democratically voted by both men and women. Would we rather not have democratic society? In any case, the protests will be blown over with two weeks. That's life.

Trump also spent considerable time of his speech at the CIA complaining about the media and saying the numbers released were fake news.

Anyone on here still think he should be given a chance, have a serious word with yourself. He's now the president and instead of behaving like a wean, he should be behaving like a president, not whining about the actual truth and all that.

As for people protesting, it's a basic right in a democracy, the amount of piers Morgan type replies is staggering embarrassing.

Hurting much? :)

What about Americans who don't live in the US?

They have a vested interest, so yes. Although they have nothing to worry about about- which everyone knows anyway

Interesting reaction.

Why does it make you so angry?

Not angry, just dont like people.

You were at the protest, why? Why is President Trump going to impact your life?

It's utterly unimportant in the long run, but the incredibly low turnout at his "yuge" inauguration is at least funny for now.

comparison-withtime-1024x576.jpg

Faked, apparently. So is the feud with the CIA. Media lies I tell you. :facepalm:

Thanks, I am.

Aye i know, we should have just let Hitler get on with it too.

alwaysthereinspirit

Fake news? Any more word on the MLK bronze bust?

Peaceful protesting or smashing other people's property?

Oh no not another "Trump is Hitler" post.

Didn't say he was, but you bash on with deflection.

What exactly do you like about this person?

What does Make America great again mean, white?

What will he say or do to the PM, make her a man?

I have no problem with making the American economy for the American people, Jobs etc... But if he thinks he's gonnae have US interests and military on ours and others lands for free, you and he are ontae plums.

Edited by aussieh

As for the "men-hating feminists" nonsense, that's just not true at all. I was there, and I don't hate men in the slightest. Fairly certain the men who were there probably also don't hate men either.

What rights do they feel they are fighting for redm? I understand they are exercising their democratic rights protesting against democracy but it all seems very futile. Protesting used to really mean something, now it really just seems like a gathering for attention. And, how come we can call Trump a women hater but we can't call these women men haters? Why do these people have the authority on what we can call people? Trump and his supporters are every name under the sun to these people, then as soon as an insult is returned it is no longer fair. For what it is worth I am not a Trump supporter, it was not my call. I am just loving the direction the Western world is going in right now. Every single major outcome right now is a direct result of these protests. All the insults, name calling, hashtags and protest is making these outcomes a formality. I am not speaking for anyone else, I don't need to as these outcomes are saying everything we need to know. People are sick to death of these over protestors. They are very clearly sick and tired of constantly having to watch what they say or feel guilty for seeing things the way they do. They are sick of victim cards, race cards and sex cards. Every second of every day someone somewhere is being branded this or that for no other reason than they see the world in a different way. Brexit would never have happened without these marches. Brexit quite literally was a backlash. I voted to leave and I would much rather remain as part of the EU but really seen no other option. The situation is out of control, it really is. My vote was a voice to say I am sick of it all. Do you really think Americans really want Trump? Of course not, they are just sick of it all, very clearly. With every hashtag and two bit protest, Daily Mail reader insults, race card played and sexist branding another Brexit and Trump outcome will happen. Of that you can be very very sure.

You do know that the supposed exact same movie quotes was a set up to see if anyone would run with it?

No I didn't, but I'm not one of the ones who said it was either, as I had said does it really matter if he did or didn't use quotes from a movie.

They have a vested interest, so yes. Although they have nothing to worry about about- which everyone knows anyway

Nothing to worry about? That's in the eye of the beholder.

Policies and political views aside, Shirley even some of his suporters are worried about his sensitivities and priorities. A press conference about the reports on the crowd size?!? Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?!?

Trump's press secretary just told the WH press corps that it was the largest inauguration crowd in history, period, despite it self-evidently being the lowest attended in at least 24 years, and absolutely dwarfed by the enormous Women's March today.

He then refused to take questions from the press, despite him, you know, being the press secretary.

Bizarre times ahead.

Edit: Here's the video. Even weirder than it sounded in reports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8llFHHAkGcw

A taster of things to come?

Never mind as long as the media only ever report what a tremendous, fabulous, and great job Trump will be doing then everything will be just marvellous.

Question that or report any negative stories or anything which Trump disagrees with and it will only be ridiculed as fake news peddled by the dishonest media.

A very slippery road.

A taster of things to come?

Never mind as long as the media only ever report what a tremendous, fabulous, and great job Trump will be doing then everything will be just marvellous.

Question that or report any negative stories or anything which Trump disagrees with and it will only be ridiculed as fake news peddled by the dishonest media.

A very slippery road.

Comical Ali.

What rights do they feel they are fighting for redm? I understand they are exercising their democratic rights protesting against democracy but it all seems very futile. Protesting used to really mean something, now it really just seems like a gathering for attention. And, how come we can call Trump a women hater but we can't call these women men haters? Why do these people have the authority on what we can call people? Trump and his supporters are every name under the sun to these people, then as soon as an insult is returned it is no longer fair. For what it is worth I am not a Trump supporter, it was not my call. I am just loving the direction the Western world is going in right now. Every single major outcome right now is a direct result of these protests. All the insults, name calling, hashtags and protest is making these outcomes a formality. I am not speaking for anyone else, I don't need to as these outcomes are saying everything we need to know. People are sick to death of these over protestors. They are very clearly sick and tired of constantly having to watch what they say or feel guilty for seeing things the way they do. They are sick of victim cards, race cards and sex cards. Every second of every day someone somewhere is being branded this or that for no other reason than they see the world in a different way. Brexit would never have happened without these marches. Brexit quite literally was a backlash. I voted to leave and I would much rather remain as part of the EU but really seen no other option. The situation is out of control, it really is. My vote was a voice to say I am sick of it all. Do you really think Americans really want Trump? Of course not, they are just sick of it all, very clearly. With every hashtag and two bit protest, Daily Mail reader insults, race card played and sexist branding another Brexit and Trump outcome will happen. Of that you can be very very sure.

You want to know what rights they're fighting for, ask them, don't sit and tut and assume the worst - "I bet they're just attention seeking"

I've never heard anyone call Trump a woman hater, but the things he is called are based on what we know of him, including what he's said. You know nothing about that bunch of women protesting but you're happy to generalise then as man haters. Surely you can see the difference. My mrs is a feminist, loves the bobby though - does she hate men?

Of course though, the ultimate irony is you're sick of it all, then complain about protests!

If you want to be a misanthropist then sound, you do that, but you need to understand you're the one with the minority, negative view, not the rest of us.

Edited by Smithee

You want to know what rights they're fighting for, ask them, don't sit and tut and assume the worst - "I bet they're just attention seeking"

I've never heard anyone call Trump a woman hater, but the things he is called are based on what we know of him, including what he's said. You know nothing about that bunch of women protesting but you're happy to generalise then as man haters. Surely you can see the difference. My mrs is a feminist, loves the bobby though - does she hate men?

Of course though, the ultimate irony is you're sick of it all, then complain about protests!

If you want to be a misanthropist then sound, you do that, but you need to understand you're the one with the minority, negative view, not the rest of us.

No Smithee you don't get it. I am fully aware of their reasoning behind it. I read the articles etc but I want to know what is really their reasoning if you know what I mean. I see "women's rights" not only as insulting to men but a complete cop out. These people spend their entire lives burning bras I feel they no longer know why they are burning them.

No Smithee you don't get it. I am fully aware of their reasoning behind it. I read the articles etc but I want to know what is really their reasoning if you know what I mean. I see "women's rights" not only as insulting to men but a complete cop out. These people spend their entire lives burning bras I feel they no longer know why they are burning them.

You had the opportunity to ask direct and didn't take it, what are you looking for here?

separatedbirth_zpsqzwu4ipf.jpg

Not angry, just dont like people.

You were at the protest, why? Why is President Trump going to impact your life?

Trump's stance on climate change affects every living thing on the planet.

https://www.womensmarch.com/mission/

Seems as though it was a "not in my name" protest. You know, saying to Trump and his team that their rhetoric of hate, mockery and division is something they do not agree with. Which is fair to me.

They are not disrespecting a democratic decision. They are saying they don't agree with it. If they were disrespecting it they'd be out there demanding a re-run of the vote. They're merely trying to counter the small minded, narrow and protectionist Trump rhetoric with an alternative.

I see no issue in doing so.

Extremely sour grapes, for the most part. Ho hum. Typical pinko behaviour.

What, like the birther movement and the tea party?

Seymour M Hersh

All well and good red but where were they and you at the protests (that never took place) against;

The 1400 girls sexually abused in Rotherham, the gang rapes in India or Sharia Law in general?

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

All well and good red but where were they and you at the protests (that never took place) against;

a) the 1,400 girls who were sexually abused in Rotherham.

B) the gang rapes that take place in India.

c) Sharia law

It's irrelevant, one doesn't have to protest against everything for this protest to be valid.

In fact, if they did they'd be accused of protesting as a hobby!

The 1400 girls sexually abused in Rotherham, the gang rapes in India or Sharia Law in general?

Because its trendy to protest against Trump and not trendy to protest against the many occurrences of despicable treatment of women, including genital mutilation and forced marriages by other groups.

Do people think that protests are only valid if the protestors also participate in protests about every other protestable issue? Or just every related protestable issues? Or are they just not valid at all?

I'm genuinely interested. Lots of protest take place about lots of things, in lots of places. However, it seems that particular protests and themes get many people's backs up.

Do people think that protests are only valid if the protestors also participate in protests about every other protestable issue? Or just every related protestable issues? Or are they just not valid at all?

I'm genuinely interested. Lots of protest take place about lots of things, in lots of places. However, it seems that particular protests and themes get many people's backs up.

It's crazy, the very heart of democracy is the ability to protest. But there's an increasing mentality of sit down, shut up, do what your betters tell you without complaint.

Bollocks to that, protest what you want to protest, you don't need the approval of those who think richer people are better people.

Trumps words it would seem offend more than bombing people.

Trumps words it would seem worry more people than actual regime changing through violence.

Trumps words it would seem offend more people than state enforced misogyny.

Its farcical and those concerned about x factor politics are the ones most indulgent in it.

https://www.womensmarch.com/mission/

Seems as though it was a "not in my name" protest. You know, saying to Trump and his team that their rhetoric of hate, mockery and division is something they do not agree with. Which is fair to me.

They are not disrespecting a democratic decision. They are saying they don't agree with it. If they were disrespecting it they'd be out there demanding a re-run of the vote. They're merely trying to counter the small minded, narrow and protectionist Trump rhetoric with an alternative.

I see no issue in doing so.

One issue -  already raised but not really explained, is why women in this country are protesting in a "not in my name"- type protest, when Trump's been elected by US women ?

Shouldn't UK protests be targeting the idiots who voted for the rhetoric of hate, mockery & division .

Trump was elected not despite the efforts for women, but because of them.

Hillary continually played the women card, over, and over, and over, and over, again.  

Even in her defeat speech she kept harping on about it.

Its ironic that the current protests are focussed on womens rights whilst it was over-egging the same topic that ed to his election in the first place.

Hilary should have focussed more on inclusivity but instead repeatedly alienated a percentage of the electorate the may have voted Democrat. 

Where is it revealed that the guy is a CNN cameraman?

All the anchor said was that he knew the guy from his time in Africa as a cameraman, doesn't mean that they were both with CNN at the time.

One issue - already raised but not really explained, is why women in this country are protesting in a "not in my name"- type protest, when Trump's been elected by US women ?

Shouldn't UK protests be targeting the idiots who voted for the rhetoric of hate, mockery & division .

Solidarity?

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)