Anyone know any pubs in Durham that show Scottish football?

Smoked-Glass

Any pubs in Durham good for showing Scottish football the same time as English stuff?

Derby coming up I’ll be there on 6th April so looking for a place.  Man City game on Sky at 12.30 and probably a championship one on too.

Any help would be appreciated.  Cheers

There is a place called the Library. It has quite a few screens.   I was there once when a Hearts game was on, and they changed one of the TVs for me.   Can’t remember if they put the sound on or not, though, as it did clash with an English game. 

I am guessing, however, there will be someone out there with better knowledge.  

5E1C5697-52AC-4449-A6AF-2C04B0DBAAE0.png

Edited by Paolo

There is also a large bar near the Premier Inn and cinema.   I think it is the same group that have Chanters and Amber Rose in Edinburgh, so they may show it too. 

I've no idea if this place would actually put the derby on for you, but they might be worth a try. They certainly show football when it's on and have several TVs in the main bar, so might be prepared to have the Hearts game on one of them. It'd mean a short bus journey outside the centre, but it's an OK "local" pub and the staff have always been quite friendly and obliging when we've been in. 

https://whatpub.com/pubs/DUR/6344/belmont-belmont

In the centre, The Half Moon and The John Duck advertise that they show live football, so they could be good starting points to see if they'd put the derby on.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I've no idea if this place would actually put the derby on for you, but they might be worth a try. They certainly show football when it's on and have several TVs in the main bar, so might be prepared to have the Hearts game on one of them. It'd mean a short bus journey outside the centre, but it's an OK "local" pub and the staff have always been quite friendly and obliging when we've been in. 

https://whatpub.com/pubs/DUR/6344/belmont-belmont

In the centre, The Half Moon and The John Duck advertise that they show live football, so they could be good starting points to see if they'd put the derby on.

Good luck!

The Sportsmans was my local when I lived not far from there with another Jambo in 91/92, good times. 

Thanks again.  I know the man city game will be on everywhere but looking for one of those pubs that have it on small screen without sound. 

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

off this weekend.   hope to see it

only up against a championship game so should be on most places if you get in early and ask.