Jump to content
Heartsofgold

Levein’s time is up...

Recommended Posts

jambopilms

Are we better in the league than last year ?

Are we doing better in the cups than the last few years ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PTBCAL
8 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

How reliable is your source?

 

I heard this also - going to live in Spain.

 

I didn’t believe it when I heard it and still sceptical tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pointon
20 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

 

I heard this also - going to live in Spain.

 

I didn’t believe it when I heard it and still sceptical tbh

Let’s get a whip around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
6 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

The man is a perennial loser. Almost 30 years at our club and not a single medal. 

 

That’s less success for us than Mark Rodgers, Denis Prychyenko, Scott Robinson and Steve Banks. 

 

Yet some creeps on here will still defend him to the hilt because he slags off the vermin at every opportunity. 

 

Honking. ??

 

38 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Are we better in the league than last year ?

Are we doing better in the cups than the last few years ?

 

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
33 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Are we better in the league than last year ?

Are we doing better in the cups than the last few years ?

 

Marginally better in the league but still utter shite.  

 

We beat a junior side side in the Scottish cup and have the worst team in the Championship in the next round.  What would that prove if we win, other than the draw has been extremely kind for a change.

 

League Cup, we beat Motherwell at home to reach the semi, that was about it.

 

Hopefully Budge won’t judge a successful season on whether we can beat Auchinleck and Partick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Are we better in the league than last year ?

Are we doing better in the cups than the last few years ?

Have we recently had easier cup draws than in the past few years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

 

Marginally better in the league but still utter shite.  

 

We beat a junior side side in the Scottish cup and have the worst team in the Championship in the next round.  What would that prove if we win, other than the draw has been extremely kind for a change.

 

League Cup, we beat Motherwell at home to reach the semi, that was about it.

 

Hopefully Budge won’t judge a successful season on whether we can beat Auchinleck and Partick.

 

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Have we recently had easier cup draws than in the past few years?

Oh right, so a cup run is only a cup run if we beat rangers or Celtic. We should probably give back one of our cups then. Folk will moan with no cup run as we should be doing better, but now our cup runs mean nothing. Brilliant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

 

Oh right, so a cup run is only a cup run if we beat rangers or Celtic. We should probably give back one of our cups then. Folk will moan with no cup run as we should be doing better, but now our cup runs mean nothing. Brilliant.

The only cup win in my lifetime we've had that didn't involve beating Rangers or Celtic was 2006 when however we beat 3 of the top 6 teams in the league - that was a good cup run as of course is any run where we win the thing. Winning games we should win only to lose to the first decent team we meet does not in itself constitute a good cup run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crete
6 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

The man is a perennial loser. Almost 30 years at our club and not a single medal. 

 

That’s less success for us than Mark Rodgers, Denis Prychyenko, Scott Robinson and Steve Banks. 

 

Yet some creeps on here will still defend him to the hilt because he slags off the vermin at every opportunity. 

Are you still hurting from the 5-1 cup final.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms
18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The only cup win in my lifetime we've had that didn't involve beating Rangers or Celtic was 2006 when however we beat 3 of the top 6 teams in the league - that was a good cup run as of course is any run where we win the thing. Winning games we should win only to lose to the first decent team we meet does not in itself constitute a good cup run.

Is the type of thing you say to supporters of other teams, not beat your own team with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coco

As well as the poor first team performance of the last 3 seasons we might be going through one of the worst periods for youth development getting players into the first team.   Lots of talk about how the academy had to be rebuilt and a huge coaching staff created. 

 

But no young players have emerged to be sold or even cementing a first team place in that 5 seasons.  The supposedly neglected youth system prior to the brave new era brought through Walker, Paterson, Nicholson and Holt as well as some lesser players.  Cochrane and Macdonald show promise but have fallen out of the first team and haven't got close to the impact of Walker, Paterson or Nicholson anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TurboT

To much chopping and changing of the team at the moment and the last few games have been so boring.

 

With most players available (Smith & Mitchell apart), let's go back to the team we played at the start of the season.  Naismith has a free role and Clare is on the bench.  I feel that Clare has a free role at the moment which is nullifying Naismith as he seemed to be stuck out in left midfield yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Is the type of thing you say to supporters of other teams, not beat your own team with. 

I don't think disputing that beating Auchinleck Talbot at home is a good cup run or something to console ourselves with  is beating up my own team.

In fact if another teams fans suggested it was we would have a good laugh at them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anderson5
43 minutes ago, Crete said:

Are you still hurting from the 5-1 cup final.?

 

Brilliant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BerraBelieveit

After winning the championship at a canter and then finishing 3rd on our return; we should have progressed in the next few seasons. There has been very little progression on the field. What I find frustrating is - 

 

Alexander

 

Eckersley

Ozturk

Wilson

Paterson

 

Nicholson

Gomis

Buaben

Walker

 

Sow

Zeefuik 

 

would’ve been more likely to beat St Mirren yesterday. The progression has been completely stalled and in my opinion there is far too much thinking and coaching going on. 

 

Most fans wanted a simple 4-4-2 yesterday with width and positive forward thinking attack. Far too confusing for levein and too simple. 

 

I want change but if he wins the Scottish Cup all will be forgiven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, Coco said:

As well as the poor first team performance of the last 3 seasons we might be going through one of the worst periods for youth development getting players into the first team.   Lots of talk about how the academy had to be rebuilt and a huge coaching staff created. 

 

But no young players have emerged to be sold or even cementing a first team place in that 5 seasons.  The supposedly neglected youth system prior to the brave new era brought through Walker, Paterson, Nicholson and Holt as well as some lesser players.  Cochrane and Macdonald show promise but have fallen out of the first team and haven't got close to the impact of Walker, Paterson or Nicholson anyway.

This is my big gripe and why I have lost patience with Levein and the much vaunted structure and plan he has supposedly put in place. I remember Neilson introducing a bunch of youngsters at the LC semi at ER in 2013 and being excited by the talent we had coming through and the style of their play - quick and adventurous. As you say in over 5 years all we have is fleeting cameos by individuals.

The other things were told by the new regime that we would play the same style though the ranks. Can anyone identify what that style is?

And that our first criterion in signing players would be their character and attitude. Yet our great white hope of this season arrives, after months of waiting, unfit and still two months on seemingly not quite match fit. Not to mention the string of loan signings who have often looked less than fully committed. 

I could live with the results and even inconsistency in performance if I could see at least some signs of the plan progressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Berra than you
1 hour ago, Coco said:

As well as the poor first team performance of the last 3 seasons we might be going through one of the worst periods for youth development getting players into the first team.   Lots of talk about how the academy had to be rebuilt and a huge coaching staff created. 

 

But no young players have emerged to be sold or even cementing a first team place in that 5 seasons.  The supposedly neglected youth system prior to the brave new era brought through Walker, Paterson, Nicholson and Holt as well as some lesser players.  Cochrane and Macdonald show promise but have fallen out of the first team and haven't got close to the impact of Walker, Paterson or Nicholson anyway.

To be fair on the youth development front, I think it's because the academy has been so neglected, that's it was started essentially from scratch. So players in the 20s/18s have been sources from elsewhere and bit come all the way through the system. So players like Cochrane and MacDonald are the first of the batch that have been in the academy a while they are coming through. I agree we should have seen more from them this season, but it does take a while to completely rebuild an academy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
58 minutes ago, TurboT said:

To much chopping and changing of the team at the moment and the last few games have been so boring.

 

With most players available (Smith & Mitchell apart), let's go back to the team we played at the start of the season.  Naismith has a free role and Clare is on the bench.  I feel that Clare has a free role at the moment which is nullifying Naismith as he seemed to be stuck out in left midfield yesterday. 

 

The most frustrating thing from yesterday was that it seemed Olly Lee had the free role/no10 role in behind Uche ??‍♂️ and Naisy was pushed out wide to accomodate this. Very strange decision by the manager. As was playing Souttar at right back ahead of Godinho and Brandon ??‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S Form
33 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

This is my big gripe and why I have lost patience with Levein and the much vaunted structure and plan he has supposedly put in place. I remember Neilson introducing a bunch of youngsters at the LC semi at ER in 2013 and being excited by the talent we had coming through and the style of their play - quick and adventurous. As you say in over 5 years all we have is fleeting cameos by individuals.

The other things were told by the new regime that we would play the same style though the ranks. Can anyone identify what that style is?

And that our first criterion in signing players would be their character and attitude. Yet our great white hope of this season arrives, after months of waiting, unfit and still two months on seemingly not quite match fit. Not to mention the string of loan signings who have often looked less than fully committed. 

I could live with the results and even inconsistency in performance if I could see at least some signs of the plan progressing.

Agree with a lot of this - we have absolutely no recognisable style, apart from changing the team every ****ing week. What’s wrong with finding the best player in our squad for each position and then playing them game after game? With their constant tinkering Levein and McPhee seem to think they are some sort of tactical geniuses and we have a squad that has the same depth of quality as Celtic’s. 

As for the laughable commitment to only bringing in players with the right attitude, that comment should never have been made because it’s complete and utter b******s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

 

Oh right, so a cup run is only a cup run if we beat rangers or Celtic. We should probably give back one of our cups then. Folk will moan with no cup run as we should be doing better, but now our cup runs mean nothing. Brilliant.

Wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DH1986

It’s been a long time since I’ve left a match thinking we’d played exceptionally well. There is no doubt the injuries this season have hampered us but we should have had enough in the tank to be beating teams like Dundee, Livi and St Mirren.

 

Win those games and we’re 3rd top and in a far more acceptable position.

 

Failure to come up with a team and a plan to win these games is worrying to say the least.

 

I’ve always backed CL but I do think we need to have one eye on next season and a change of direction is looking more likely to be needed.

 

Wednesday is unfortunately a write-off......it fills me with absolute dread the thought of Burke, Forrest and Weah running at Berra and Mulraney. Anything other than a convincing win v Partick and the doubters increase. Then it’s Dundee away....I think a loss there will settle it for CL and he’ll go.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidjambo51

In these days of uncertainty Craig Levein must have the most secure position in the world of football , up there beside Messi.
If he fires himself ( nobody else is going to do it )from the Manager/Chief Coach position he will move upstairs to his seat in Directors box which he also retains , there he will choose the next Chief Coach .The man is untouchable  !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidjambo51

Yes Levein may go, but my problem is where to  ? Upstairs where his seat is still warm to pick the next Manager ( in his own image )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gedster
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

 

The most frustrating thing from yesterday was that it seemed Olly Lee had the free role/no10 role in behind Uche ??‍♂️ and Naisy was pushed out wide to accomodate this. Very strange decision by the manager. As was playing Souttar at right back ahead of Godinho and Brandon ??‍♂️

Frustrating that Lee got a start period. Brings nil to our midfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deek

I dont enjoy the football we play and cant remember the last game that had me excited apart from the Celtic win early on.

 

His prodigies will only know the same football. 

 

We either stick with the boring 1-0, 0-0,1-1 games and keep Craig Levein or sweep the boot room clear and bring in somebody fresh, with exciting attacking ideas.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artful Dodger

Enjoyed the game yesterday as always. Certainly frustrating at times with the Midden playing for a draw from the get go. Shows how far we've come when teams just show up to spoil it.

 

Some really good football on show and some not so good, a normal SPFL game. I admire Craig's loyalty to Berra but he's the root of our problems imo and needs a rest period. 

 

Typical Hearts to have a stale performance before a Celtic game. Fancy us strongly on Wednesday now, can't wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambogemz
10 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

The man is a perennial loser. Almost 30 years at our club and not a single medal. 

 

That’s less success for us than Mark Rodgers, Denis Prychyenko, Scott Robinson and Steve Banks. 

 

Yet some creeps on here will still defend him to the hilt because he slags off the vermin at every opportunity. 

:cornette::cornette:

 

Time is running out for Craig,  no doubt but the man deserves respect.

 

Creeps? Have a word. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gashauskis9
2 hours ago, BerraBelieveit said:

After winning the championship at a canter and then finishing 3rd on our return; we should have progressed in the next few seasons. There has been very little progression on the field. What I find frustrating is - 

 

Alexander

 

Eckersley

Ozturk

Wilson

Paterson

 

Nicholson

Gomis

Buaben

Walker

 

Sow

Zeefuik 

 

would’ve been more likely to beat St Mirren yesterday. The progression has been completely stalled and in my opinion there is far too much thinking and coaching going on. 

 

Most fans wanted a simple 4-4-2 yesterday with width and positive forward thinking attack. Far too confusing for levein and too simple. 

 

I want change but if he wins the Scottish Cup all will be forgiven. 

Neilson was a pish Manager with shite tactics though was he not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RDSK

Poor results are bad enough without putting myself reading the pish that is likely between the first and last page of this thread.

 

Thank **** FOH members won’t get to decide a managers fate because we’d change every season if that were the case. We could win the next 8 games and lose the 9th and people would still want Levein out. As far as I’m concerned he’s proved his credentials this time round. We saw the level he could get the team playing to in the first 2/3 months of the season. I don’t, like many, like banging the drum about how unfortunate we’ve been with injuries this season but it’s the reality of the situation. We’ve had the worst season for injuries in my lifetime. As annoying as it is to hear that it is the most defining thing about this season.

 

Should we have been better in the period without Naismith, Uche, Souttar, Berra, Dunne etc? Yes. But if you design a team to play a certain way and train to play that way all pre season and early season it is incredibly hard to find a system to play that will produce the same results. Especially when the plan A left you at the top of the pack.

 

An article in the EEN this week listed all the managers of teams in Scotland in order of how long their current tenure as manager is. Derek McInnes is 1st with 5 years under his belt. If in 3 and a half years there is a similar article that reads “Craig Levein 5 years” I’ll bet that many of us will look at those 5 years with at least satisfaction. 

 

We gained a point on Kilmarnock yesterday which may turn out to be a very important point in the race for Europe. We are 8 days away from a Scottish Cup Quarter final and, therefore, a chance to put ourselves into the last 4. Standards were set by this team at the start of the season. We’ve struggled to keep up with them and, now, get back to them. But it’s definitely not all doom and gloom in Gorgie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hector Riva
22 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Time is running out for Craig,  no doubt but the man deserves respect.

Spot on

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steven_mck

CL has brought back stability. But it feels like we need fresh ideas and new approach and playing style. It might mean a new foreign coach coming in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Poor results are bad enough without putting myself reading the pish that is likely between the first and last page of this thread.

 

Thank **** FOH members won’t get to decide a managers fate because we’d change every season if that were the case. We could win the next 8 games and lose the 9th and people would still want Levein out. As far as I’m concerned he’s proved his credentials this time round. We saw the level he could get the team playing to in the first 2/3 months of the season. I don’t, like many, like banging the drum about how unfortunate we’ve been with injuries this season but it’s the reality of the situation. We’ve had the worst season for injuries in my lifetime. As annoying as it is to hear that it is the most defining thing about this season.

 

Should we have been better in the period without Naismith, Uche, Souttar, Berra, Dunne etc? Yes. But if you design a team to play a certain way and train to play that way all pre season and early season it is incredibly hard to find a system to play that will produce the same results. Especially when the plan A left you at the top of the pack.

 

An article in the EEN this week listed all the managers of teams in Scotland in order of how long their current tenure as manager is. Derek McInnes is 1st with 5 years under his belt. If in 3 and a half years there is a similar article that reads “Craig Levein 5 years” I’ll bet that many of us will look at those 5 years with at least satisfaction. 

 

We gained a point on Kilmarnock yesterday which may turn out to be a very important point in the race for Europe. We are 8 days away from a Scottish Cup Quarter final and, therefore, a chance to put ourselves into the last 4. Standards were set by this team at the start of the season. We’ve struggled to keep up with them and, now, get back to them. But it’s definitely not all doom and gloom in Gorgie.

 

If the fans enjoyed the football there would be no problems. We have sat through dull football for a while now and the players are good enough, as shown in August, I mean Djoum recently played v Brazil for Cameroon. There is a thinking in football that Mourinho said that injuries were preventable (there's an article on it) and while he is a horrible man, I do agree with that. Our injury list has been huge and I'm not entirely happy we're rushing them back either 

 

It was a chance to gain 3 points on Killie v St Mirren, Clarke having his meltdown (which he is currently does help us)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
15 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

We are underachieving but what’s new. We’ve been underachieving since I started going to Tynecastle 30 years ago.

 

Increase that to 50 years for me. It's part of the "joy" of being a supporter of the Heart of Midlothian it would appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4
1 hour ago, Deek said:

I dont enjoy the football we play and cant remember the last game that had me excited apart from the Celtic win early on.

 

His prodigies will only know the same football. 

 

We either stick with the boring 1-0, 0-0,1-1 games and keep Craig Levein or sweep the boot room clear and bring in somebody fresh, with exciting attacking ideas.

 

When the manager, a few weeks ago, said performances don’t matter, you’re in trouble.

 

He went on to say its about results but we are getting neither. 

 

Pride in performance is important.

 

It’s about setting a standard and when you aren’t playing well it’s ingrained in you to keep fighting to play well and get back to that standard.  

 

It’s a cliche, but we don’t play until the 95th minute. We aren’t nurtured on it from the minute the first whistle goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Enjoyed the game yesterday as always. Certainly frustrating at times with the Midden playing for a draw from the get go. Shows how far we've come when teams just show up to spoil it.

 

Some really good football on show and some not so good, a normal SPFL game. I admire Craig's loyalty to Berra but he's the root of our problems imo and needs a rest period. 

 

Typical Hearts to have a stale performance before a Celtic game. Fancy us strongly on Wednesday now, can't wait. 

 

Berra is nowhere near being the root of our problems at the moment. Yes he’s not great on the ball but he at least did everything asked of him defensively yesterday while the likes of Uche, Naismith, Lee and Morrison created absolutely nothing in an attacking sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigAlim

Leveins period as manager has been an important one, he's fixed the mess left by Cathro and instilled the work ethic and attitude required within the squad, he's also built what is a good spine within the team with guys like Berra, Souttar, Smith, Haring, Djoum, Naismith and Uche, even those who were already here have come on a great deal and he's worked wonders with the academy. 

 

With all of that being said I think that the tactics are now the thing that seem to be holding us back. We do still of course lack some quality in certain positions but even with that in mind this squad should be doing much better and I don't think any of them are lazy. 

 

It's time now for a fresh start imo, Craig has fixed the rot but he cannot take us any further. I won't judge him on the Celtic game however I do believe that failing to get three wins from Partick, Dundee and Hamilton should really be the final straw

Edited by BigAlim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo

St Mirren got a draw against Aberdeen last week. They played most of the game with a 10 man defence. They are fighting against relegation and will be difficult for most teams to beat from now on.

 

As for us  people are saying that now we have most players back we should be instantly skooshing these games. Well in my time watching Hearts we never have no matter who was manager.

 

The fact is that we have too many players not up to speed at this point in the season. Souttar, Uche and Haring are just back from injury - none  of these played well. Berra and Naismith both seem to be struggling with form after returning from bad  injuries. Clevid has hardly played due to injury. Morrison has had a huge slump in form. Our goalkeepers keep making schoolboy errors.

 

It's noticable that Djoum and Clare are our best and most creative players because they have stayed injury free for a dozen games or so.

 

Now the usual suspects re-emege from the gutter to demand Levein is sacked. FFS will some people just get some perspective.

Edited by tcjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gambo
12 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

St Mirren got a draw against Aberdeen last week. They played most of the game with a 10 man defence. They are fighting against relegation and will be difficult for most teams to beat from now on.

 

As for us  people are saying that now we have most players back we should be instantly skooshing these games. Well in my time watching Hearts we never have no matter who was manager.

 

The fact is that we have too many players not up to speed at this point in the season. Souttar, Uche and Haring are just back from injury - none  of these played well. Berra and Naismith both seem to be struggling with form after returning from bad  injuries. Clevid has hardly played due to injury. Morrison has had a huge slump in form. Our goalkeepers keep making schoolboy errors.

 

It's noticable that Djoum and Clare are our best and most creative players because they have stayed injury free for a dozen games or so.

 

Now the usual suspects re-emege from the gutter to demand Levein is sacked. FFS will some people just get some perspective.

Perspective. We have just picked up 2 points at home to Dundee, Livingston and St.Mirren when hardly laying a glove on them.

 

Attitudes like yours imo give managers and players an way ride to trot along in 5th/6th place.

 

We should always be expecting to beat Dundee/Livingston/Kilmarnock/Motherwell/St.Mirrens of this world home and away. The nature of the game of football means it won't happen every time  that we know and accept, unfortunately we don't win enough of these games or even look like winning enough of these games which is why fans get upset and quite rightly so.

 

See when you don't have problems getting pumped off St.Mirren away, losing to Killie at home, drawing with Livi at home etc, you end up with results like Livi away, Dundee/St.Mirren/Livi at home.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Perspective. We have just picked up 2 points at home to Dundee, Livingston and St.Mirren when hardly laying a glove on them.

 

Attitudes like yours imo give managers and players an way ride to trot along in 5th/6th place.

 

We should always be expecting to beat Dundee/Livingston/Kilmarnock/Motherwell/St.Mirrens of this world home and away. The nature of the game of football means it won't happen every time  that we know and accept, unfortunately we don't win enough of these games or even look like winning enough of these games which is why fans get upset and quite rightly so.

 

See when you don't have problems getting pumped off St.Mirren away, losing to Killie at home, drawing with Livi at home etc, you end up with results like Livi away, Dundee/St.Mirren/Livi at home.

 

 

Which season have we not suffered results like the ones you've highlighted and what's your solution then? You spend all your time moaning and where the feck were you when we started the season so well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GORGIEFIED

The entertainment value now is zilch absolutely boring to watch.I go now because it's a way of life we really need a change of management now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo
3 minutes ago, GORGIEFIED said:

The entertainment value now is zilch absolutely boring to watch.I go now because it's a way of life we really need a change of management now.

We were great to watch earlier this season so what do you think has changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Which season have we not suffered results like the ones you've highlighted and what's your solution then? You spend all your time moaning and where the feck were you when we started the season so well?

 

If our aspirations are to finish top 6 then results like we have seen recently don’t matter too much, it’s true. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

If our aspirations are to finish top 6 then results like we have seen recently don’t matter too much, it’s true. 

 

 

 

Fourth (maybe third at a push) is still within our graps as is the cup. We need to to get the injured players up to speed again though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SteauaNeedarest

We have only scored 17 goals at home in the league this season in 14 games and have a worse home points total than Livingston. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
44 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

We were great to watch earlier this season so what do you think has changed?

Why don't you ask Levein - even he doesn't seem to know, given his post match comments yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why don't you ask Levein - even he doesn't seem to know, given his post match comments yesterday. 

 

Unhappy and uninterested players in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why don't you ask Levein - even he doesn't seem to know, given his post match comments yesterday. 

I've already said why I think we are struggling. Lots of people on here simply blame the manager and assume that all we have to do is change him (and his coaching team) and everything will be solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
14 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

We have a couple of good results and you think we've turned the corner then we have two sheeite results v mwell and st mirren. Craig levein isn't the guy to take us forward.

 

We will prob beat Celtic on Wednesday, then lose our next two games! So inconsistent.

 

Stevie Clarke would be the perfect appointment for me. 

Beat yesterday off Livvy. No longer the Messiah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

St Mirren got a draw against Aberdeen last week. They played most of the game with a 10 man defence. They are fighting against relegation and will be difficult for most teams to beat from now on.

 

As for us  people are saying that now we have most players back we should be instantly skooshing these games. Well in my time watching Hearts we never have no matter who was manager.

 

The fact is that we have too many players not up to speed at this point in the season. Souttar, Uche and Haring are just back from injury - none  of these played well. Berra and Naismith both seem to be struggling with form after returning from bad  injuries. Clevid has hardly played due to injury. Morrison has had a huge slump in form. Our goalkeepers keep making schoolboy errors.

 

It's noticable that Djoum and Clare are our best and most creative players because they have stayed injury free for a dozen games or so.

 

Now the usual suspects re-emege from the gutter to demand Levein is sacked. FFS will some people just get some perspective.

What a load of hysterical nonsense. If this was about a bad day yesterday then you might have a point - but it isn't. There's been a catalogue of piss poor performances where Hearts could play for a month and not score, never mind win.  Happy to cut the guys some  slack because of the injuries ( 3 of which were actually CBs - so not sure how that accounts for the dire stuff served up , creativity wise) but then it becomes apparent, week in, week out that Hearts aren't looking a bit sluggish, a bit out of sorts, a bit unlucky because players are getting back on their feet.  It is turgid football , week after week against some really poor opponents. In fact , against the worst teams in the division. That's the level of this playing squad right now. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gambo
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Which season have we not suffered results like the ones you've highlighted and what's your solution then? You spend all your time moaning and where the feck were you when we started the season so well?

Here all season. In the good and the bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...