Jump to content
Heartsofgold

Levein’s time is up...

Recommended Posts

Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He's had access to far greater resources. Robinson is the better tactician and has developed better youngsters .

:rofl: aye so he is. Desperate stuff Enzo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

 

I do get irritated by people trying to tell me how shit everything is over and over and over again, no one likes a drag. 

 

You're not a bad guy but Levein's going nowhere, maybe it's time to man up and deal with it instead of constantly whining and bringing the whole ****ing  site down.

I understand that Smithee. It is very much a circular argument with a support divided over Levein. I agree that Levein won't be going anywhere imminently but this thread reappeared because of Levein's comments on Thurs. He would have been better keeping his trap shut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tokyowalnut
2 hours ago, Prof said:

What gives you the right to tell a Jambo to support someone else. There’s far to much of this abuse on JKB. It’s supposed to be a forum for sensible debate.

Sensible debate died on here a long, long time ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake

Couldn't help but feel annoyed at Leveins midweek comments.

The it used to be you were given till November line in particular.

 

And I can assure him that it is not extremists who are fed up watching his Hearts team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
17 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm trying to decipher some logic from the bowels of your post but it isn't easy. The days of fans going home and away to support the team "because that's what we do" are gone, save for a minority.  Changing KO times, all seated grounds, admission prices, the standard of the game...all contributory factors. I'm just pointing out the harsh realities. Do I regret not paying £32 to watch us against Ross County to "help the club"? No, absolutely not.

 

Quite easy to decipher tbh, you said another poster wasn't thinking or acting in the clubs best interests as he/ she backs CL. 

 

I've pointed out several things you are doing/ said/ wanted  or not doing that is not backing the club or in it's best interests. 

 

If anything, you are the one that can't diffrenciate between backing the club and supporting it  because you dislike 1 person.  You have made it personal. 

 

I'm a Hearts supporter, you are a now what most would call a customer. 

 

Customers switch, change etc depending on how they feel and if thier expectations aren't being met. 

If they're unhappy they will stop thier business at that particular place. 

 

Supporters will support the club in any way they can and/or  are able. 

 

Fair enough, it's your choice, but I think you are way off in lecturing others about what is best for the club. Way off. 

 

If we all had your attitude, we'd go Into admin again. Litterally, or at the very least go backwards. 

 

Once results do pick up, under CL or another you can come back,  luckily for you many of us supporters will have kept things ticking over until we become more to your taste, again. 

 

Tbh, it's not the club taking the piss out of the fans, it's supporters like you that are, all imo. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7628mm
18 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

 

I find it cathartic. Bit like voluntary work 😂👍🏻

 

I can just picture you working on the Samaritans phone lines. Absolutely everything that organisation requires to assist people with troubles. What could possibly go wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No,, I stopped going in about 2011 for a couple of years then pitched up again with a ST in the old stand until it's demolition, and again in the new main stand. I had held a ST in the ground and then the Wheatfield from 1983 up until 2011. PHM

 

Enzo , i’m sure you said ages ago you had stopped going prior to 2011. But if not my bad. Why did you stop going under Romanov , what made you start going again and then why did you stop? 

 

Have i ever questioned if you are a PHM 🤔 don’t think I have. Just interested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
22 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

 

I can just picture you working on the Samaritans phone lines. Absolutely everything that organisation requires to assist people with troubles. What could possibly go wrong

 

I man their live chat instead. Can’t use gifs down the phone 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

 

Very poor post this trying to imply that JJ had anything to do with the financial mess we got ourselves into.  It was the pieman that started this downward spiral.  Can only think of 2 or 3 few poor signings JJ made.  He signed the likes of McCann, Cameron and Neimi which made us millions.  JJ's recruitment was outstanding during his 5 years in charge during that period.  Levein's recruitment has been appalling during his second spell in charge.  I totally agree with Cruickshank regarding JJ. 

As others have pointed out JJ had a fantastic record in the transfer market until 98-99 then he was like a bairn in a sweetieshop. I don't blame him if Robinson was stupid enough to sanction the deals but it was his spending that started the slide into unsustainable debt. 

 

Levein has always got the bigger picture. That's why Ann turned to him rather than Mr Jim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7628mm
39 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

 

I man their live chat instead. Can’t use gifs down the phone 👍🏻

Please God noooooooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I understand that Smithee. It is very much a circular argument with a support divided over Levein. I agree that Levein won't be going anywhere imminently but this thread reappeared because of Levein's comments on Thurs. He would have been better keeping his trap shut.

 

I'd rather he spoke his mind than having to second guess what will trigger those who hate him no matter what he says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AJAMBO
42 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

As others have pointed out JJ had a fantastic record in the transfer market until 98-99 then he was like a bairn in a sweetieshop. I don't blame him if Robinson was stupid enough to sanction the deals but it was his spending that started the slide into unsustainable debt. 

 

Levein has always got the bigger picture. That's why Ann turned to him rather than Mr Jim. 

 

JJ should be seen as the man that got it right as winning us silverwear and will retain a firm fondness in me. Yes his ways are partly why we exist as we are. Money management through lessons learned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hilary Briss

Got to agree with a lot of what CL said the other day.

 

Places like here and other social media are full of loons. Think most reasonable minded people were not happy with finish to last season but want him to do well and are willing to give him to Xmas.

 

Folk get too carried away with wins  - and on other side lose their shit with any bad result. 

 

Personally - I dont think we are far away from being decent side.......despite how chronic we were against Ross County the other week. Time will tell but no doubt there will be another melt down on here if we get beat tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pants Shaton

0_18076493.jpg

Still here boys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
8 hours ago, Coco said:

 

Jim Duffy and John Murray have been DoF.  And at one point we had an Advisor on Sports Matters to the Board

 

 :laugh:

 

 

 

Did we? Levein didn’t have much to beat there then! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
8 hours ago, tcjambo said:

.....and splaffing (the SMG) money on players rather than infrastructure. 

 

And how much guidance did JJ get from The Pieman on the actual state of our finances????

You can’t blame him for wanting to sign players - and before you mention Petric I’ll remind you we made big money on many of his signings, the likes of Neimi, Weir, Cameron not to mention developing Gary Naismith and selling him again for big money!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AJAMBO
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

And how much guidance did JJ get from The Pieman on the actual state of our finances????

You can’t blame him for wanting to sign players - and before you mention Petric I’ll remind you we made big money on many of his signings, the likes of Neimi, Weir, Cameron not to mention developing Gary Naismith and selling him again for big money!!!

 

People seem to of lost their way where Craig is concerned talking about losing tomorrow and he's done. Staggering when looking at statistics posted here. How many teams want to sack the manager before visiting parkhead ? That's regarded by many rated football people as hard to win there. Why not be a jambo and hope for the best like most fans do before facing them and that the team shows up well. Who expects us to walk it etc ? Wrongly quoted Cruickshanks

Edited by AJAMBO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, AJAMBO said:

 

People seem to of lost their way where Craig is concerned talking about losing tomorrow and he's done. Staggering when looking at statistics posted here. How many teams want to sack the manager before visiting parkhead ? That's regarded by many rated football people as hard to win there. Why not be a jambo and hope for the best like most fans do before facing them and that the team shows up well. Who expects us to walk it etc ? 

 

Why Have you tagged that on to my post? 🤔

Edited by Cruickshank for Scotland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AJAMBO
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

Why Have you tagged that on to my post? 🤔

I'm having issues with quotes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
4 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

As others have pointed out JJ had a fantastic record in the transfer market until 98-99 then he was like a bairn in a sweetieshop. I don't blame him if Robinson was stupid enough to sanction the deals but it was his spending that started the slide into unsustainable debt. 

 

Levein has always got the bigger picture. That's why Ann turned to him rather than Mr Jim. 

 

Levein gets the bigger picture??? Suggest you check out Budge’s recent statement where she told us he’s not the best organised!

By the way one of the “sweeties” JJ bought was Anti Niemi who was sold to Southampton for PLENTY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hilary Briss said:

Got to agree with a lot of what CL said the other day.

 

Places like here and other social media are full of loons. Think most reasonable minded people were not happy with finish to last season but want him to do well and are willing to give him to Xmas.

 

Folk get too carried away with wins  - and on other side lose their shit with any bad result. 

 

Personally - I dont think we are far away from being decent side.......despite how chronic we were against Ross County the other week. Time will tell but no doubt there will be another melt down on here if we get beat tomorrow.

 

I'm not sure what you mean by that, i.e. you are disappointed that HMFC fans want to see the team win or looking to win or how people then post if we do win. As I say I don't know in which context you are using it, but what I would say is I cannot understand how anyone going to watch HMFC doesn't want them to win. Fans want to see their team win, people who go along on a Saturday (or whatever game day might be) and aren't fussed by the final score are what was referred to on here in an earlier conversation as customers. Fans want to see the team they support win, people who go along and don't care about the result are just customers, but in saying that both pay their money so are entitled to their thoughts.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AJAMBO
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You're obviously not very intelligent.  If I hated going through to Glasgow I wouldn't go

We've had strokes of fortune and bad luck it balances out when looking at the dominance of the old firm. If a lower rated clubs gets us  good then time to ask questions on results. The recent past has been kinder on us it also feeds the appetite for more. I want the team to win every game realistically with sides we've had recently its been brutal I see tomorrow as our time to show what we're made of. Fans pay to sit in our ground no matter what's on offer. They won't get to see the upgrade till Hamilton at home after that the full upgrade in LC v Aberdeen

Edited by AJAMBO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hilary Briss
14 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

 

I'm not sure what you mean by that, i.e. you are disappointed that HMFC fans want to see the team win or looking to win or how people then post if we do win. As I say I don't know in which context you are using it, but what I would say is I cannot understand how anyone going to watch HMFC doesn't want them to win. Fans want to see their team win, people who go along on a Saturday (or whatever game day might be) and aren't fussed by the final score are what was referred to on here in an earlier conversation as customers. Fans want to see the team they support win, people who go along and don't care about the result are just customers, but in saying that both pay their money so are entitled to their thoughts.

Dunno have you have come to that conclusion from what I posted.

 

My point you have highlighted -  was regards peoples online reaction. Its extreme one way or another. I am delighted but wont get carried away when we win, where you read some nutty stuff with folk predicting all sorts. I can handle that TBF, but the knee jerk reaction to any defeat, especially on here - can be way over the top.

 

Also - Surely anybody going actually going to games are desperate for us to win. I know it ruins my day if we get beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Prof

CL says he is happy with his squad. No excuses then if we get humped tomorrow. Other clubs can go to Darkhead and make a fight of it. It’s up to CL to do the same and then stop shooting his mouth of at the people who fund the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Hilary Briss said:

Dunno have you have come to that conclusion from what I posted.

 

My point you have highlighted -  was regards peoples online reaction. Its extreme one way or another. I am delighted but wont get carried away when we win, where you read some nutty stuff with folk predicting all sorts. I can handle that TBF, but the knee jerk reaction to any defeat, especially on here - can be way over the top.

 

Also - Surely anybody going actually going to games are desperate for us to win. I know it ruins my day if we get beat.

 

Sorry, as I said I wasn't 100% sure in what aspect you were saying what you were saying. There are a few posters on here who maybe don't mean to but do give the impression that they don't really care if we win or not, and would rather go to extreme lengths to defend why we fail on occasion. I've been off line since 11 August so not really been familiar with what has been said before, during or after the game at Motherwell or in terms of tomorrow's fixture at Parkhead. I'm not even fussy as to who had the major input into how we decided to play against Motherwell, I just hope whoever it was took on board how successful it was, in comparsion with Ross County a few days earlier and adopts something similar tomorrow. Go through there to defend and we will lose, go through there and look to play some football, keep the ball on the deck and we just might discover that Celtic's weakness is their defence, and maybe get something. Like you I don't do well with defeats, and will often question some draws, depending on the opposition. If my post came across as if I was having a dig at you then I apologise, that wasn't my intention.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bighalders

Levein should never have shot his mouth off had 21 months beyond November

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
56 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

We've had strokes of fortune and bad luck it balances out when looking at the dominance of the old firm. If a lower rated clubs gets us  good then time to ask questions on results. The recent past has been kinder on us it also feeds the appetite for more. I want the team to win every game realistically with sides we've had recently its been brutal I see tomorrow as our time to show what we're made of. Fans pay to sit in our ground no matter what's on offer. They won't get to see the upgrade till Hamilton at home after that the full upgrade in LC v Aberdeen

And what has all that to do with my post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
40 minutes ago, Prof said:

CL says he is happy with his squad. No excuses then if we get humped tomorrow. Other clubs can go to Darkhead and make a fight of it. It’s up to CL to do the same and then stop shooting his mouth of at the people who fund the club.

I don't think he'll be happy with Souttar, Haring, Naismith and Morrison all being out though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

And how much guidance did JJ get from The Pieman on the actual state of our finances????

You can’t blame him for wanting to sign players - and before you mention Petric I’ll remind you we made big money on many of his signings, the likes of Neimi, Weir, Cameron not to mention developing Gary Naismith and selling him again for big money!!!

And £9m for Gordon who developed under Levein and broke through to the first team under him so your point is............?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
21 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

And £9m for Gordon who developed under Levein and broke through to the first team under him so your point is............?

 

Ok I’ll give you that one although Gordon was always going to be a top keeper regardless of the Manager - you could say the same about Gary Naismith.

What’s my point? My point is that over their careers at Hearts JJ made far better signings that CL has done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I understand that Smithee. It is very much a circular argument with a support divided over Levein. I agree that Levein won't be going anywhere imminently but this thread reappeared because of Levein's comments on Thurs. He would have been better keeping his trap shut.

As would some on hear I suspect/wish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AJAMBO
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

And what has all that to do with my post?

 

Nothing I'm having technical issue's with my phone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

As would some on hear I suspect/wish. 

 

Hear! Hear!  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

As would some on hear I suspect/wish. 

I'm on HEAR and listening...what"'s your point caller? Are you accusing me of mendacity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm on HEAR and listening...what"'s your point caller? Are you accusing me of mendacity?

 

Ha, a classic from the Mercer Archives !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo
14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

Ok I’ll give you that one although Gordon was always going to be a top keeper regardless of the Manager - you could say the same about Gary Naismith.

What’s my point? My point is that over their careers at Hearts JJ made far better signings that CL has done.

 

My point is that he had a lot more money to play with relatively speaking then until now.  We have been trying to supplement the odd good signing with bargain basement as the infrastructure took precedence. The next few months are the time to judge CL if you must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm on HEAR and listening...what"'s your point caller? Are you accusing me of mendacity?

Cat on a hot tin roof. Great play and movie, Brick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874

Moon howlers' everywhere. Just enjoy your Saturday night you sad and pathetic individuals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Moon howlers' everywhere. Just enjoy your Saturday night you sad and pathetic individuals.

How sad is that folk on a football forum on a Saturday night.

:illogical:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

Ha, a classic from the Mercer Archives !

I remember the late James Sanderson of Radio Clyde posing that question to an irate Celtic fan during a phone in about 1985. I was on a Mercer bus back from the den of iniquity that is Parkhead,  pretty sure it was the 1-0 victory when Robbo was stretchered off with what looked like a very serious neck injury. The bus was poorless when Sanderson came out with that. Great days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I remember the late James Sanderson of Radio Clyde posing that question to an irate Celtic fan during a phone in about 1985. I was on a Mercer bus back from the den of iniquity that is Parkhead,  pretty sure it was the 1-0 victory when Robbo was stretchered off with what looked like a very serious neck injury. The bus was poorless when Sanderson came out with that. Great days

 

I heard that same interview on a supporters bus that very day. The bus went crazy as Mercer tied everyone round in knots. 

 

I am am going to say it was the 1-1 draw in 85-86 but I could be wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I understand that Smithee. It is very much a circular argument with a support divided over Levein. I agree that Levein won't be going anywhere imminently but this thread reappeared because of Levein's comments on Thurs. He would have been better keeping his trap shut.

 

As would you. He was asked about Celtic fans but as usual carry on with your pathetic agenda 😴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
44 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Moon howlers' everywhere. Just enjoy your Saturday night you sad and pathetic individuals.

 

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hilary Briss
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

 

Sorry, as I said I wasn't 100% sure in what aspect you were saying what you were saying. There are a few posters on here who maybe don't mean to but do give the impression that they don't really care if we win or not, and would rather go to extreme lengths to defend why we fail on occasion. I've been off line since 11 August so not really been familiar with what has been said before, during or after the game at Motherwell or in terms of tomorrow's fixture at Parkhead. I'm not even fussy as to who had the major input into how we decided to play against Motherwell, I just hope whoever it was took on board how successful it was, in comparsion with Ross County a few days earlier and adopts something similar tomorrow. Go through there to defend and we will lose, go through there and look to play some football, keep the ball on the deck and we just might discover that Celtic's weakness is their defence, and maybe get something. Like you I don't do well with defeats, and will often question some draws, depending on the opposition. If my post came across as if I was having a dig at you then I apologise, that wasn't my intention.

No worries.......totally agree with  your strategy for tomorrow too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

 

This

Anyone that uses expressions like"moon howlers", "pant wetters" etc can only be treated with ridicule and pity. Sad, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Anyone that uses expressions like"moon howlers", "pant wetters" etc can only be treated with ridicule and pity. Sad, really.

 

Pot and kettle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
39 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

How sad is that folk on a football forum on a Saturday night.

:illogical:

 

Having a night in yersel? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Anyone that uses expressions like"moon howlers", "pant wetters" etc can only be treated with ridicule and pity. Sad, really.

 

I prefer “Happy Clappers” and “Levein Fanboys”.  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

Having a night in yersel? 😉

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
56 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Cat on a hot tin roof. Great play and movie, Brick!

 

Liz Taylor.......mmmm......😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...