Heartsofgold

Levein’s time is up...

indianajones

That was some bump. 

giphy.gif

ToqueJambo
49 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

:lol:

You made some great points in your post mate but just feel they’re wasted on the likes of who you were replying to. Him/ her and his wee cronies can’t see past their pathetic hatred for our manager...either that or they’re clearly trolling.

It's kind of like doing the w***** sign to the guy who cuts you up at the roundabout. It's not going to solve anything or make any difference but you can't help it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

sadj
1 hour ago, Prof said:

Goals scored by Hearts in SPFL 2015-16 under RN was 59 , goal difference +19; last season under CL goals scored in SPFL was 42, goal difference -8. In the championship under RN we won first time with record points total, 21 ahead of second placed Hubz and a record goals total of 96. But hey why bother with facts.

The Championship has zero to do with it. We were far from an attacking team after the October / November in the Premiership. I never mentioned Levein so thats just another irrelevant piece of information. You said we were attack minded under Robbie and yes until oct/nov when we came back up we were after that we weren’t.

Edited by sadj

Geoff Kilpatrick

Leaving aside the last two pages of pile on shit, I put a poser to those saying that people who are anti-Levein are obsessed, viz. how long should Levein get at the start of this season before this debate should start again, because it is correct that he is going nowhere now but what is the break point for people to question him?

Personally, I exclude "hygiene factors" like getting out of the League Cup groups. That's a given and that's what did for Cathro in the end. However, after our first four league games we could be sitting on 2 points. Do the calls go up then because there still might be some time for someone new to change things in the transfer window? Or should he get the first 11 games irrespective of the start?

While some of this is obviously wait and see, the dismissive "get over it" tone doesn't help on here. The last two seasons have been mediocre bilge for the most part and people have a right to say so. So scrutiny from almost every game will occur, like it or not.

WheatfieldWarrior
8 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Can I ask what team in the SPFL or anywhere in Scotland for that matter that plays with this "attacking flair" that so many seem to want to aspire to?

Hibs under Butcher was something to behold.

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Boab said:

They’ve probably got the whole sharabang on a collective Mod ignore !

😆

:lol: wouldn’t blame them haha 

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's kind of like doing the w***** sign to the guy who cuts you up at the roundabout. It's not going to solve anything or make any difference but you can't help it.

True :lol:

Prof
11 hours ago, sadj said:

The Championship has zero to do with it. We were far from an attacking team after the October / November in the Premiership. I never mentioned Levein so thats just another irrelevant piece of information. You said we were attack minded under Robbie and yes until oct/nov when we came back up we were after that we weren’t.

The CL statistic is to show the difference between an attack minded manager like RN and the Mr Magoo approach of Levein. I’m surprised you find winning the championship with record goals total and record points tally irrelevant. One of the Hobo myths is their so called flair when in fact it’s Hearts who have traditionally played with attacking style. 

Edited by Prof

To Be Frank
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

The CL statistic is to show the difference between an attack minded manager like RN and the Mr Magoo approach of Levein. I’m surprised you find winning the championship with record goals total and record points tally irrelevant. One of the Hobo myths is their so called flair when in fact it’s Hearts who have traditionally played with attacking style. 

I suspect it’s a lot easier to play in an attack-minded way when you drop down to the second tier though which does make it a bit irrelevant. 

I still hanker for the style we played during Levein’s first spell. Outside of 97/98 and 05/06, they’re definitely my favourite seasons as a Hearts fan. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I suspect it’s a lot easier to play in an attack-minded way when you drop down to the second tier though which does make it a bit irrelevant. 

I still hanker for the style we played during Levein’s first spell. Outside of 97/98 and 05/06, they’re definitely my favourite seasons as a Hearts fan. 

The mid 80s too but agree with the second part.

Don’t forget we were in the Championship with the Huns and the Vermin. Would have been easy to be conservative in that basis.

Bellion
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The mid 80s too but agree with the second part.

Don’t forget we were in the Championship with the Huns and the Vermin. Would have been easy to be conservative in that basis.

It would, and Neilson had us doing stuff Levein teams wouldn't have done.  First game of the season at Ibrox, Neil Alexander dropped the ball short to Gomis and we just about gave it away 25 yards out.  Next time Alexander had the ball, he did the same thing.  Where I was watching, most of the room were on their feet yelling get rid at the screen.  I think Levein has tried to change the way his teams play since his first spell, but Neilson deserves credit for the way he had us playing that season.