Jump to content
Heartsofgold

Levein’s time is up...

Recommended Posts

ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

 

I wouldn’t say ridiculous but based on the previous 2 seasons I would say I’m not convinced. 

 

There are positives - Hickey, Irving, Smith, maybe McDonald and Cochrane, the improvement of Souttar over the last few years, Halkett should be a good signing, Smiths consistent form.

We had injuries last season to important players however we crumbled and finished 6th again. Levein said last season that he didn’t know how to set the team up without Uche, that’s unacceptable. We have a big squad at the moment so he has loads of options. I hope there’s an improvement.

 

We just need to win 3 or 4 more games to be competing for Europe, which we would have done last season without the injuries IMO. I'm very confident we'll be 4th minimum this season.

 

Killie are not going to be the force they were the last two years. Hibs are regressing season on season IMO, I see nothing in Heckingbottom to suggest he can succeed up here and nether do my Hibee mates. A team like Motherwell might be a surprise package as often happens. Aberdeen, annoyingly, look like they are going to continue spending money, so until our budget reaches their level 4th minimum is where we should be with a good expectation of challenging for 3rd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
6 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

 

Would have been impossible for you to comment on Friday’s performance before Friday? 🤷🏻‍♂️

 

I could have used predictive text.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

I could have used predictive text.

:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
10 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

I could have used predictive text.

 

😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bistokid
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

We just need to win 3 or 4 more games to be competing for Europe, which we would have done last season without the injuries IMO. I'm very confident we'll be 4th minimum this season.

 

Killie are not going to be the force they were the last two years. Hibs are regressing season on season IMO, I see nothing in Heckingbottom to suggest he can succeed up here and nether do my Hibee mates. A team like Motherwell might be a surprise package as often happens. Aberdeen, annoyingly, look like they are going to continue spending money, so until our budget reaches their level 4th minimum is where we should be with a good expectation of challenging for 3rd. 

 

Almost every team in the league could say if we win 4 more games we'd be X or Y. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts

It's pretty clear from the noises early on in the stadium (particularly after the Utd goal) and on here, Levein will be getting very little leeway from a percentage of the support. Maybe rightfully so, based on last seasons run of league form. For me, the counter doesn't reset just because its a new season. You can't ignore the extremely poor form and concerning performances from last season, just because we've had a six week break of games.

 

I can't see him lasting the season, unless he really gets the team playing well and winning consistently. I don't think the team has the character to do enough to fend off the negativity from last season and I'm really concerned about the strength in centre midfield. A team is usually a reflection of the managers personality and I don't think they will be positive enough or win enough matches to keep Craig in a job. Any home defeat will be jumped on and the element who want him out, will make enough noise and get others on board to put pressure on the board to make a decision.

 

As I've said before, I think Hearts and Celtic will be looking for new managers over Xmas & New Year.

 

Of course, I hope I'm wrong about this and we have an exciting season ahead with at least a top 4 finish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, bistokid said:

 

Almost every team in the league could say if we win 4 more games we'd be X or Y. 

 

Not every team lost so many points through injuries last season though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
8 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's pretty clear from the noises early on in the stadium (particularly after the Utd goal) and on here, Levein will be getting very little leeway from a percentage of the support. Maybe rightfully so, based on last seasons run of league form. For me, the counter doesn't reset just because its a new season. You can't ignore the extremely poor form and concerning performances from last season, just because we've had a six week break of games.

 

I can't see him lasting the season, unless he really gets the team playing well and winning consistently. I don't think the team has the character to do enough to fend off the negativity from last season and I'm really concerned about the strength in centre midfield. A team is usually a reflection of the managers personality and I don't think they will be positive enough or win enough matches to keep Craig in a job. Any home defeat will be jumped on and the element who want him out, will make enough noise and get others on board to put pressure on the board to make a decision.

 

As I've said before, I think Hearts and Celtic will be looking for new managers over Xmas & New Year.

 

Of course, I hope I'm wrong about this and we have an exciting season ahead with at least a top 4 finish. 

Unless we look like being bottom six Craig will be here for the season imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T

This must be the dullest thread on the internet!

 

win = Levein is great

 

lose = leveins time is up

 

Draw = a slagging match

 

I’d prefer the first option being a Hearts fan likesy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules
26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Not every team lost so many points through injuries last season though.

That’s really not the whole story though is it ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Hercules said:

That’s really not the whole story though is it ? 

 

Who said it was? It's not a stretch to think we lost 10-12 points minimum through having so many of our best players out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rick witter
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Who said it was? It's not a stretch to think we lost 10-12 points minimum through having so many of our best players out.

We hardly won  a match for the best part of 5 months!!!! 

Were  you one of the ones that said it would get better when we got our players back last season because it never. 

Edited by rick witter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
innerjambo

Win = Levein is great 

Draw = Levein is great 

Lose = Levein is great 

Finish bottom six = Levein is great 

Involved in a relegation battle  = Levein is great 

 

................. Close thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We hardly won  a match for the best part of 5 months!!!! 

Were  you one of the ones that said it would get better when we got our players back last season because it never. 

 

Christ stop raging on about last season. It's a new season FFS! We had injuries to our main attackers and defenders. That obviously cost us points and momentum. Levein then failed to pull us together when players started returning, often not fully match fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noah Claypole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Comedian
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

190202-phil-shadow-groundhog.jpg.13177555722a412eea30ced35bc317eb.jpg

 

Punxutawney Phil saw his own shadow. Another dull season of Levein ball awaits.

 

:sob:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Win = Levein is great 

Draw = Levein is great 

Lose = Levein is great 

Finish bottom six = Levein is great 

Involved in a relegation battle  = Levein is great 

 

................. Close thread

 

Correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tntjambo

The reality is he was a good player for us but is a crap manager worse than Poodle by a long shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
Just now, tntjambo said:

The reality is he was a good player for us but is a crap manager worse than Poodle by a long shot.

 

Are you Derek McInnes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tntjambo

who he ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
35 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

who he ?

 

He’s that guy that Aberdeen were considering parting ways with in the summer and who was linked to us during the same period by a few interesting people. Safe to say that now hes re-signed for another 3years and a few million over that time to stay and piss the Aberdeen fans off instead of (lets be kind to him) a different challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
On 14/07/2019 at 21:40, ToqueJambo said:

 

The best unbeaten run outwith the OF,  leading the league for 13 weeks or so, a cup semi final and a cup final again? Sounds good to me! And as we're unlikely have so many injuries we could even do better!

 

In all seriousness I find myself posting in defence of Levein all the time, even though I'd have preferred Neilson to stay over him and appoint Freedman over him, plus he's not even in my top 5 favourite Hearts managers ever.

 

However, when the managers put forward by the Levein outers are of the level of Tommy Wright, Paul Heckingbottom, Alan Archibald, the new Killie guy, etc, I'm happy to stick with Levein and take this year to conduct a throrough search for the next manager (and/or assess the readiness of McPhee, Daly, Kirk and co) rather than ripping everything up after a draw with D Utd in July.

 

Also think Levein did enough with the team at the start of last season and in reaching cup final, and performing well in it, to deserve another crack this season - likely to be his last ever as a football manager.

 

 

Quite. 

 

The thought of replacing CL with the likes of Davies, Wright, McCann, Johnstone, Hartley, Elvis even wee Robbo and starting from scratch is not the way forward. 

After the Robbie to Cathro debacle I'm Suprised so many are not only ready, but eager to make the same mistake. 

Some of these guys were championed on here and most have been sacked and none have impressed. 

 

I'd always be for a Freedom type manager or a huge coup like Moyes, but it's not happening. 

 

The positives as you say we're clear, the big negatives were not having the players or ability to adapt after injuries hit. 

 

If we can avoid as many injuries (add at least 1 good midfielder) , we'll have a better season, the 5 wins extra  needed for 3rd are imo Likley and imo we would have got last season had injuries not derailed us. A bigger "if" is if the young lads can make an impact and guys like walker and Washington have an immediate impact it could be even more exciting. 

 

 

The CL out drum after every goal we concede is embarrassing. 

 

This thread being bumped before the league season starts sums up how personal some have got with CL. 

It's making jkb a chore as every thread goes the same way atm, mods, imo should put all the rage, tears, snotters and bitterness into this thread, at least you expect it on here and can avoid it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blacky87
18 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

 

 

Quite. 

 

The thought of replacing CL with the likes of Davies, Wright, McCann, Johnstone, Hartley, Elvis even wee Robbo and starting from scratch is not the way forward. 

After the Robbie to Cathro debacle I'm Suprised so many are not only ready, but eager to make the same mistake. 

Some of these guys were championed on here and most have been sacked and none have impressed. 

 

I'd always be for a Freedom type manager or a huge coup like Moyes, but it's not happening. 

 

The positives as you say we're clear, the big negatives were not having the players or ability to adapt after injuries hit. 

 

If we can avoid as many injuries (add at least 1 good midfielder) , we'll have a better season, the 5 wins extra  needed for 3rd are imo Likley and imo we would have got last season had injuries not derailed us. A bigger "if" is if the young lads can make an impact and guys like walker and Washington have an immediate impact it could be even more exciting. 

 

 

The CL out drum after every goal we concede is embarrassing. 

 

This thread being bumped before the league season starts sums up how personal some have got with CL. 

It's making jkb a chore as every thread goes the same way atm, mods, imo should put all the rage, tears, snotters and bitterness into this thread, at least you expect it on here and can avoid it. 

This..

I couldn't agree more. 

I'm a Levein supporter. I will admit he is cleaning up his own mess, however had we not had a massacre of injuries I can see last season would have been different.

I'm nervous for him but I'm not a warmonger like some on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Blacky87 said:

This..

I couldn't agree more. 

I'm a Levein supporter. I will admit he is cleaning up his own mess, however had we not had a massacre of injuries I can see last season would have been different.

I'm nervous for him but I'm not a warmonger like some on here. 

 

I think the issue is this - people like me think Levein is taking us nowhere in particular. We might be proven wrong but if we’re proven right, we’ll have lost a number of seasons to a set up which simply hasn’t worked and questions would have to be asked about why it took the club so long to reach that conclusion. There’s a hell of a lot of ‘jam tomorrow’ with Levein. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Blacky87 said:

This..

I couldn't agree more. 

I'm a Levein supporter. I will admit he is cleaning up his own mess, however had we not had a massacre of injuries I can see last season would have been different.

I'm nervous for him but I'm not a warmonger like some on here. 

 

I think the issue is this - people like me think Levein is taking us nowhere in particular. We might be proven wrong but if we’re proven right, we’ll have lost a number of seasons to a set up which simply hasn’t worked and questions would have to be asked about why it took the club so long to reach that conclusion. There’s a hell of a lot of ‘jam tomorrow’ with Levein. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

 

I think the issue is this - people like me think Levein is taking us nowhere in particular. We might be proven wrong but if we’re proven right, we’ll have lost a number of seasons to a set up which simply hasn’t worked and questions would have to be asked about why it took the club so long to reach that conclusion. There’s a hell of a lot of ‘jam tomorrow’ with Levein. 

 

So what damage do you think he is doing, that would take a long time to fix for a new manager or head coach? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

So what damage do you think he is doing, that would take a long time to fix for a new manager or head coach? 

 

My main complaints in that respect would be the way recruitment has been managed. There’s no consistent backbone in our team and very little continuity. Players come and go so quickly and the number of transfers which don’t work out at Hearts is frankly unacceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

 

My main complaints in that respect would be the way recruitment has been managed. There’s no consistent backbone in our team and very little continuity. Players come and go so quickly and the number of transfers which don’t work out at Hearts is frankly unacceptable. 

 

I'd say the spine was:

 

Zlamal

Berra

Souttar

Smith

Haring

Djoum

Naismith

Uche

 

The rest coming in and out depending on the game and set up. Now that Djoum has gone, we need to replace him, but the rest of that spine is still there. You'd also have to say that Mulraney looks as though he is amongst the first names on the team sheet now as well. We also have Walker and Halkett who would be considered amongst the potential first picks. Even if Levein did go, he leaves behind a strong pool of players and a good spine for a new man to work with. He's not doing any long term damage as you intimate, and is in fact blooding a lot of youngsters, who will be in the team after he is no longer the manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blacky87

He's fixed that this season. So this is the season he should be judged on. 

I think if we're looking at the whole Levein thing in a sensible manner, surely we have to draw the conclusion that;

 

1: he's the brains behind the academy that is providing us with some pretty decent talent, he'll be fully aware he won't see the rewards of his work in full, but he'll still want to blood them. 

2: he's cleaning up his mistake with Cathro in which a whole decent performing team was destroyed in a season. Neilson out campaign to thank for that, IE us the fans.

3: with the focus on the new stand and refusing to over spend on wages, could anyone do a better job? 

 

He may not be exciting. He may not have all the answers. But until we sort out our scouting department, I doubt anything will change regardless of who's in charge. 

 

Not interested, in a slander match but I'd like to think everything is fairly reasonable in what I've said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

I'd say the spine was:

 

Zlamal

Berra

Souttar

Smith

Haring

Djoum

Naismith

Uche

 

The rest coming in and out depending on the game and set up. Now that Djoum has gone, we need to replace him, but the rest of that spine is still there. You'd also have to say that Mulraney looks as though he is amongst the first names on the team sheet now as well. We also have Walker and Halkett who would be considered amongst the potential first picks. Even if Levein did go, he leaves behind a strong pool of players and a good spine for a new man to work with. He's not doing any long term damage as you intimate, and is in fact blooding a lot of youngsters, who will be in the team after he is no longer the manager.

 

Berra is past it (sadly), uche’s confidence has gone, question marks over Naismith’s fitness and the keeper has never convinced me. I very much doubt that when Levein goes he’ll leave behind a particularly special team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

 

Berra is past it (sadly), uche’s confidence has gone, question marks over Naismith’s fitness and the keeper has never convinced me. I very much doubt that when Levein goes he’ll leave behind a particularly special team.

 

Berra - obviously not the player he was five years ago, but not past it just yet imo.

Uche - carrying an injury, but still effective.

Naismith - has had a few injuries, but when available is always domestically amongst the best five players from 22 when on the park, regardless of the opposition.

When Levein goes, we will benefit from the young players he brought to the club as school kids, and nurtured through to the first team. He will also leave behind a core of strong players for the new man to build upon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noah Claypole
11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

Berra - obviously not the player he was five years ago, but not past it just yet imo.

Uche - carrying an injury, but still effective.

Naismith - has had a few injuries, but when available is always domestically amongst the best five players from 22 when on the park, regardless of the opposition.

When Levein goes, we will benefit from the young players he brought to the club as school kids, and nurtured through to the first team. He will also leave behind a core of strong players for the new man to build upon.

 

 Wasting your time with that sort of logic on here. That's forward thinking and doesn't include Crayons.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

 

 Wasting your time with that sort of logic on here. That's forward thinking and doesn't include Crayons.

 

 

 

Probably. You just feel as though you have to try sometimes, otherwise the myths start to become 'accepted facts'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC 86
17 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

 

 Wasting your time with that sort of logic on here. That's forward thinking and doesn't include Crayons.

 

 

 

Really insightful post from you as usual. Think you must munch crayons yourself in between trolling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

 

 Wasting your time with that sort of logic on here. That's forward thinking and doesn't include Crayons.

 

 

 

Logic is fine. We’ll see what comes to pass though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noah Claypole
12 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

 

Really insightful post from you as usual. Think you must munch crayons yourself in between trolling

 

Creepy lurker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
innerjambo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

 

My main complaints in that respect would be the way recruitment has been managed. There’s no consistent backbone in our team and very little continuity. Players come and go so quickly and the number of transfers which don’t work out at Hearts is frankly unacceptable. 

 

I see the old line been trotted out by Levein supporters, well who would we replace him with?? And then trying to support their argument with using names such as, Elvis, McCann, Hartley and Robbo etc. As if they were our only choices in the whole world of football management that a club like ours could attract. 

The thing that really pisses me off about this thread is both sides using extreme sides of their argument to get their point across, when the bottom line is probably somewhere in the middle. 

I can tell you one thing that is in no doubt though,  and that is for a club of our size to be finishing 5th, 6th and 6th again, in a piss poor league,  is nothing short of embarrassing. 

Edited by innerjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, Blacky87 said:

He's fixed that this season. So this is the season he should be judged on. 

I think if we're looking at the whole Levein thing in a sensible manner, surely we have to draw the conclusion that;

 

1: he's the brains behind the academy that is providing us with some pretty decent talent, he'll be fully aware he won't see the rewards of his work in full, but he'll still want to blood them. 

2: he's cleaning up his mistake with Cathro in which a whole decent performing team was destroyed in a season. Neilson out campaign to thank for that, IE us the fans.

3: with the focus on the new stand and refusing to over spend on wages, could anyone do a better job? 

 

He may not be exciting. He may not have all the answers. But until we sort out our scouting department, I doubt anything will change regardless of who's in charge. 

 

Not interested, in a slander match but I'd like to think everything is fairly reasonable in what I've said

You only have to look over the road who by all accounts have gave the new manager free reign on scouting and after 1 game the fans want him out for 'poor signings'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack
3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

 

I see the old line been trotted out by Levein supporters, well who would we replace him with?? And then trying to support their argument with using names such as, Elvis, McCann, Hartley and Robbo etc. As if they were our only choices in the whole world of football management that a club like ours could attract. 

The thing that really pisses me off about this thread is both sides using extreme sides of their argument to get their point across, when the bottom line is probably somewhere in the middle. 

I can tell you one thing that is in no doubt though,  and that is for a club of our size to be finishing 5th, 6th and 6th again, in a piss poor league,  is nothing short of embarrassing. 

I think even a high percentage of those who are deemed to support Levein blindly as it were, have said naw to any of those you've said there. Rightly. 

 

Fairly sure the recent McCann link highlighted the fact.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You only have to look over the road who by all accounts have gave the new manager free reign on scouting and after 1 game the fans want him out for 'poor signings'

Doidge wasn't his signing. He was already bought & paid for by their DoF and Co.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blacky87
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You only have to look over the road who by all accounts have gave the new manager free reign on scouting and after 1 game the fans want him out for 'poor signings'

This is true. 

 

Fortunately now that Romanov has gone those  I'm charge of our club seems to give people that chance for it go wrong before they're lynched.

 

Admittedly running to failure may not be the best policy but if Man utd can go six seasons of mediocrity before fixing it then I'm quite content for our club to find it's footing. 😂 

Edited by Blacky87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
1 hour ago, Blacky87 said:

He's fixed that this season. So this is the season he should be judged on. 

I think if we're looking at the whole Levein thing in a sensible manner, surely we have to draw the conclusion that;

 

1: he's the brains behind the academy that is providing us with some pretty decent talent, he'll be fully aware he won't see the rewards of his work in full, but he'll still want to blood them. 

2: he's cleaning up his mistake with Cathro in which a whole decent performing team was destroyed in a season. Neilson out campaign to thank for that, IE us the fans.

3: with the focus on the new stand and refusing to over spend on wages, could anyone do a better job? 

 

He may not be exciting. He may not have all the answers. But until we sort out our scouting department, I doubt anything will change regardless of who's in charge. 

 

Not interested, in a slander match but I'd like to think everything is fairly reasonable in what I've said

On the evidence so far he’s fixed nothing of last season. We have no width and no one that can stick the ball in the back of the net. We failed to beat a championship side, at home on Friday, extending our without a win run to 9. 

 

Levein should be the DoF, that’s the only role he’s had so far that’s saw anything remotely like success. His development of the football club away from the first team is amazing. Budge should’ve replaced him in the summer and allowed him back up stairs as anything like last season and he’ll be chased from the club completely and that’ll be a massive shame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blacky87
Just now, busby1985 said:

On the evidence so far he’s fixed nothing of last season. We have no width and no one that can stick the ball in the back of the net. We failed to beat a championship side, at home on Friday, extending our without a win run to 9. 

 

Levein should be the DoF, that’s the only role he’s had so far that’s saw anything remotely like success. His development of the football club away from the first team is amazing. Budge should’ve replaced him in the summer and allowed him back up stairs as anything like last season and he’ll be chased from the club completely and that’ll be a massive shame. 

 

Well I'm glad I'm not judging this season on one game. I usually wait til five six games in to actual league fixtures and an old firm match to see where we are at. 

 

One match against a pumped up Dundee United with a team that even over three preseason friendly a hadn't actually all played together yet. 

 

Also, there's just a wee part of me that thinks as well, with our budget. Maybe this is just the best we will be. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

 

I see the old line been trotted out by Levein supporters, well who would we replace him with?? And then trying to support their argument with using names such as, Elvis, McCann, Hartley and Robbo etc. As if they were our only choices in the whole world of football management that a club like ours could attract. 

The thing that really pisses me off about this thread is both sides using extreme sides of their argument to get their point across, when the bottom line is probably somewhere in the middle. 

I can tell you one thing that is in no doubt though,  and that is for a club of our size to be finishing 5th, 6th and 6th again, in a piss poor league,  is nothing short of embarrassing. 

 

Do you mean me? I don't remember trotting that line out. Take you must be referring to someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami
Posted (edited)

Whether people like it or not this thread will be a constant throughout the season. One side raising concerns over poor performances, the other replying to critical posts after victories. It's school playground but that's the nature of message boards. 

Overall the club is moving in the right direction, of this I am certain. Bottom line is the manager has one season now to show significant improvement, if not then the whole first team management team should be replaced at the end of it. To that end I am a bit surprised Levein has not brought in a new face or faces to the coaching team, they comprehensively failed when Naismith didn't play last season and I thought action might have been taken to help address this. 

Edited by Jodami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Whether people like it or not this thread will be a constant throughout the season. One side raising concerns over poor performances, the other replying to critical posts after victories. It's school playground but that's the nature of message boards. 

Overall the club is moving in the right direction, of this I am certain. Bottom line is the manager has one season now to show significant improvement, if not then the whole first team management team should be replaced at the end of it. To that end I am a bit surprised Levein has not brought in a new face or faces to the coaching team, they comprehensively failed when Naismith didn't play last season and I thought action might have been taken to help address this. 

 Yip. The proverbial yo-yo !

A win will see it move down the threads, a loss and it will be at the top.

The same people saying the same stuff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
merseyjambo
1 hour ago, Blacky87 said:

 

Well I'm glad I'm not judging this season on one game. I usually wait til five six games in to actual league fixtures and an old firm match to see where we are at. 

 

One match against a pumped up Dundee United with a team that even over three preseason friendly a hadn't actually all played together yet. 

 

Also, there's just a wee part of me that thinks as well, with our budget. Maybe this is just the best we will be. 

 

 

 

Pumped up Dundee United, utter garbage. The only thing they were aggressive in was the tackle. They created 2 chances and 2 half chances in the whole game.

 

Truth is despite Craig’s speeches during the summer, we have done very little to fix a poor creative and striking unit. It still looks like we are going to rely on Naismith to create and score. With his injury track record, we’ll probably get 20-25 games in season from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blacky87
1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

 

Pumped up Dundee United, utter garbage. The only thing they were aggressive in was the tackle. They created 2 chances and 2 half chances in the whole game.

 

Truth is despite Craig’s speeches during the summer, we have done very little to fix a poor creative and striking unit. It still looks like we are going to rely on Naismith to create and score. With his injury track record, we’ll probably get 20-25 games in season from him.

Sound mate. Pleasure doing business

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
1 hour ago, Blacky87 said:

 

Well I'm glad I'm not judging this season on one game. I usually wait til five six games in to actual league fixtures and an old firm match to see where we are at. 

 

One match against a pumped up Dundee United with a team that even over three preseason friendly a hadn't actually all played together yet. 

 

Also, there's just a wee part of me that thinks as well, with our budget. Maybe this is just the best we will be. 

 

 

So I can’t judge us on one competitive match but you can say we’ve fixed the problems? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? 

 

Our budget is the 4th highest in Scotland. We haven’t finished 4th in the past 3 seasons. So even by that logic we have under performed. A run of results and performances no other manager would survive. Not a single other manager on planet Hearts would have survived some of the results Levein has. 

 

Like I said, DoF has been his best role and if he’d left in the summer citing personal health issues and wanting someone new in, he would’ve went back up stairs with everyone’s blessing and well wishes. If we start bad, continue the run of results we are currently on, he will be chased completely from the club. In my opinion of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blacky87
Posted (edited)

If we have a bad start to the season then I'm all for him being removed as manager. 

 

Perhaps I worded it wrong, lack of creativity was addressed. The squad does look more balanced. 

Was the United game outstanding, no it was dire.

 

Am I losing my mind over it no. 

 

When we're five six games into a season and no points, then I'll panic. 

 

We dominated the United game, few squeaky bum moments however. Once the strikers find their feet and everyone settles in I'm sure we will be fine. United game, I'm sure, was the first time Walker & Washington had played together and, what looked like a proper first team was selected. 

 

That being said, if we don't come good, I'll more than gladly admit I was wrong. I just don't believe that last season, based on the starting run; that had it not been for the squad being decimated time and time again, would have been as bad as it ended up being. Or so I'd like to believe. 

 

 

Edited by Blacky87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...