Jump to content
Heartsofgold

Levein’s time is up...

Recommended Posts

Artful Dodger
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I'll do it now then - I've always had faith in Craig Levein. 

He's an excellent manager and we're lucky to have him, I hope he's here long enough to reap the rewards of the foundations he's laid.

 

I know many will disagree, that's fine, it's all about opinions.

 

The vast majority share the same view and every single supporter I know personally feels that way. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
innerjambo
12 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

 

The vast majority share the same view and every single supporter I know personally feels that way. 

 

 

 

No they don't. The vast majority don't feel that way at all. You're talking crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Having attended a FoH event today and reading Kickback I could be forgiven for thinking that I support 2 different teams. 

 

 

 

You mean no-one in real life says things like "Maybe it would be good for Hibs or Thistle to win so Levein can go"? Shocking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
24 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

 

The vast majority share the same view and every single supporter I know personally feels that way. 

 

 

 

It’s the way I and the other five people I was at the game with yesterday all feel 👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artful Dodger
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

 

No they don't. The vast majority don't feel that way at all. You're talking crap.

 

Yes they do. You're talking crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artful Dodger
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

 

It’s the way I and the other five people I was at the game with yesterday all feel 👍🏻

 

I thought you didn't go to games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
Just now, Artful Dodger said:

 

I thought you didn't go to games.

 

😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gedster
26 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

 

The vast majority share the same view and every single supporter I know personally feels that way. 

 

 

An absolute pipe dream. Put down the crack pipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Having attended a FoH event today and reading Kickback I could be forgiven for thinking that I support 2 different teams. 

 

 

 

Sadly, there seems to be a fair influx of previously banned posters and vermin interlopers.

 

Imagine spending your Sunday trolling on your opposition forum to get cheap thrills.  Its just as well some of the clowns on here today have no control in the running of the club with their clueless "sack everybody" attitude.  Imagine the surprise for the halwits when FoH take over and they still can't control the playing side of the club whenever they have a tantrum...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn

Beat Celtic and everyone’s back on the happy train such is the nature of the Hearts support. 

 

To reiterate the point, 4th and 2 semis would meet expectations and we’re on course to achieve that at the moment. True story.

 

There are many games to go and there is a good basis of a good team there if we can keep Naisy and Djoum.

 

I’d give it a fair bit of time before calling for Leveins head at the moment, although we need to see a change in style and perhaps take more risks to create more chances. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maiden Gorgie
On 23/02/2019 at 17:18, Top Corner said:

We need a new lease of life, 

Someone new to freshen things up. 

The Fans deserve better than this. 

 

He needs to go completely unfortunately. No Director of football role. 

Clean slate. 

 

This in spades. I think CL knows it too and will walk at the end of the season. He is a big Hearts man and has done amazing stuff for our club. He will either move upstairs or leave football altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

 

To reiterate the point, 4th and 2 semis would meet expectations and we’re on course to achieve that at the moment. True story.

 

 

Let’s not let facts get in the way of overdramatic pantwetting though 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Aberdeen - just 6 points above us.

Hibernian - 6 points lower us.

League Cup - semi-final.

Scottish Cup -  dream, support, be united.

 

What to do list:

 

1. Send Celtic down the tubes.

2. Send Thistle down the tubes, rapidly.

3. Tank Dundee (the hardest task).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms

I hate the fans deserve better statement that I keep hearing. We might want better but we don't deserve better any more than any other team. We don't deserve any more than Alloa or Elgin or any less than ranger or Celtic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Beat Celtic and everyone’s back on the happy train such is the nature of the Hearts support. 

 

To reiterate the point, 4th and 2 semis would meet expectations and we’re on course to achieve that at the moment. True story.

 

There are many games to go and there is a good basis of a good team there if we can keep Naisy and Djoum.

 

I’d give it a fair bit of time before calling for Leveins head at the moment, although we need to see a change in style and perhaps take more risks to create more chances. 

 

I'd like to see some youngsters given a go to freshen things up and add energy - eg Burns or Cochrane if fit and Keena. The Hearts support can be hyper critical but generally young players get some more time to prove themselves (unless they've been bought like Clare and Wighton obviously, in which case "boooo").

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZEUS
14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

Sadly, there seems to be a fair influx of previously banned posters and vermin interlopers.

 

Imagine spending your Sunday trolling on your opposition forum to get cheap thrills.  Its just as well some of the clowns on here today have no control in the running of the club with their clueless "sack everybody" attitude.  Imagine the surprise for the halwits when FoH take over and they still can't control the playing side of the club whenever they have a tantrum...

That’s pathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bauldrick

I do not claim to know what the answer is, should Craig stay or go? I only know as a paying punter I am not happy with what I watching on the pitch, I miss the days when I would walk along Gorgie to the match full of optimism with a spring in my step, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
11 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

 

Marginally better in the league but still utter shite.  

 

We beat a junior side side in the Scottish cup and have the worst team in the Championship in the next round.  What would that prove if we win, other than the draw has been extremely kind for a change.

 

League Cup, we beat Motherwell at home to reach the semi, that was about it.

 

Hopefully Budge won’t judge a successful season on whether we can beat Auchinleck and Partick.

 

 

So yes was the answer. 

The league also isn't over.  That could improve further or get worse. 

 

Your cup analysis is also honking, you are trying to belittle progress in it because of the teams we have beaten. 

It's a cup, what do you suggest? 

Ask for a swapsy with another team just to keep clowns in our support happy? 

 

 

There is scope for serious debate as results are poor, but some of the lengths folk go to in order to talk down any progress is incredible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

I do not claim to know what the answer is, should Craig stay or go? I only know as a paying punter I am not happy with what I watching on the pitch, I miss the days when I would walk along Gorgie to the match full of optimism with a spring in my step, 

 

When were those days or that one day? I'm always in a state of nervous anticipation on the way to matches. The spring in the step comes after a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artful Dodger
23 minutes ago, gedster said:

An absolute pipe dream. Put down the crack pipe

 

Silly child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
5 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

I do not claim to know what the answer is, should Craig stay or go? I only know as a paying punter I am not happy with what I watching on the pitch, I miss the days when I would walk along Gorgie to the match full of optimism with a spring in my step, 

 

 

Was this when there was no computers, things were black and white and kids played in the street? 

 

Great days indeed. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I hate the fans deserve better statement that I keep hearing. We might want better but we don't deserve better any more than any other team. We don't deserve any more than Alloa or Elgin or any less than ranger or Celtic.

 

 

We deserve far more than the Glasgow bigots. 

 

Every team deserves far more than them. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gedster
1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

 

Silly child.

Check the polling results, then bin the crack pipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
17 minutes ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

 

This in spades. I think CL knows it too and will walk at the end of the season. He is a big Hearts man and has done amazing stuff for our club. He will either move upstairs or leave football altogether.

 

 

I have a feeling of this too. 

 

Improve from last year, steady the ship. 

 

The thing is will we stay behind him, get the most from this season, still allot to play for and then be rational about his replacement. 

 

Or will it be Robbie--Cathro all over again 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

 

 

So yes was the answer. 

The league also isn't over.  That could improve further or get worse. 

 

Your cup analysis is also honking, you are trying to belittle progress in it because of the teams we have beaten. 

It's a cup, what do you suggest? 

Ask for a swapsy with another team just to keep clowns in our support happy? 

 

 

There is scope for serious debate as results are poor, but some of the lengths folk go to in order to talk down any progress is incredible. 

 

There's a nervousness about our play sometimes these days and, in relation to the thread topic about the role of our fans, if the stands are getting on top of our own players too quickly - which IMO they do sometimes - that does have an effect. 

 

We do have a reputation as a very hard to please, moany support now. It's been brought up in the media fairly regularly the last few years after  the Neilson plane stunt. Mulraney and Clare both got some good applause vs St Mirren for a couple of good runs, but it never seems to take long for some of the crowd to turn on our own players.

 

Opposing teams, especially the likes of St Mirren, will come with specific tactics to frustrate our support, knowing that that can then affect our players.

 

Players are only human. To me supporting them and the manager always seems a better approach. Comments like wanting a Thistle win in the cup to get Levein out are batshit mental.

 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack
2 minutes ago, gedster said:

Check the polling results, then bin the crack pipe.

To be Switzerland for a second.

 

Polling results on here, are supposedly not indicative of the Hearts support. At least that's the official line, when the last few polls have went against dissenting voices.

 

It stands to reason then, the same logic is applied to one's that then suit dissenting voices?

 

Think they're bloody stupid anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Top Corner
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

 

 

I have a feeling of this too. 

 

Improve from last year, steady the ship. 

 

The thing is will we stay behind him, get the most from this season, still allot to play for and then be rational about his replacement. 

 

Or will it be Robbie--Cathro all over again 🤔

 

The next 3 games will play a big part in if he stays i think. 

Not expecting us to beat celtic but if it's 3-0 4-0... 

Obviously expecting us to beat Partick Thistle in the cup but an upset is not out of the question the way we're playing. 

Then Dundee away... That should be fun to watch. not. 

If we go out the cup to Partick thistle i don't think many people will stay behind him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bauldrick

To Olly Lee's left boot, The days when I approached Tynecastle full of optimism were quite recent and in glorious colour enhanced by being entertained  by Messrs Hartley and Skacel, happy days indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer

As recently as Jan 26th I came out of Tyney at full time thinking “I can’t remember the last time I left a game thinking every player in the team was decent”. We pressed, we chased, we fought we won.

Theres just no consistency of selection, of performance. I thought we played well enough at Motherwell and lost through a goalkeeper brain fart,

I wasn’t there, yesterday but was at a Livvy game, which was honking. It’s like we are two teams and just can’t seem to cope with defensive anti football type teams. Sadly most of the teams who come to Tyney, understandably set up this way. We have to come up with a way to win these games. It’s s results business, I don’t care what anyone says our results at home v “lesser” teams are not good enough

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cunny1874
31 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Beat Celtic and everyone’s back on the happy train such is the nature of the Hearts support. 

 

To reiterate the point, 4th and 2 semis would meet expectations and we’re on course to achieve that at the moment. True story.

 

There are many games to go and there is a good basis of a good team there if we can keep Naisy and Djoum.

 

I’d give it a fair bit of time before calling for Leveins head at the moment, although we need to see a change in style and perhaps take more risks to create more chances. 

Win on Wednesday(it won’t happen if we keep it to 4 a will be shocked) and a still want Levein out his style of play and his tactics is shocking his lack of change when it’s not working as well is poor he’s a man that’s still in the dark years of managing..we need a change a young fresh manager we will never win the league so let try get a style of play that’s entertaining to watch....this year at home it’s been hard to stay awake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Top Corner
2 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

To Olly Lee's left boot, The days when I approached Tynecastle full of optimism were quite recent and in glorious colour enhanced by being entertained  by Messrs Hartley and Skacel, happy days indeed.

 

Did you not enjoy Olly Lee's performance yesterday?

I think he done pretty well, solid 5 out of 10. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

To Olly Lee's left boot, The days when I approached Tynecastle full of optimism were quite recent and in glorious colour enhanced by being entertained  by Messrs Hartley and Skacel, happy days indeed.

 

Hate to break it to you but spending fortunes on players and winning two cups in 6 years isn't the norm. Worth mentioning in the context of this debate though - who made Hartley the player he was for you to enjoy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bauldrick

I wish Craig could recapture the golden touch when he was last our manager, unfortunately time and age takes it's toll and we all lose our edge eventually, perhaps it's time for a younger man to take the reins and to find us a new Paul Hartley  for us all to enjoy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rock ‘n’ Roll star.
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Hate to break it to you but spending fortunes on players and winning two cups in 6 years isn't the norm. Worth mentioning in the context of this debate though - who made Hartley the player he was for you to enjoy?

 Billy stark?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
5 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

To Olly Lee's left boot, The days when I approached Tynecastle full of optimism were quite recent and in glorious colour enhanced by being entertained  by Messrs Hartley and Skacel, happy days indeed.

 

 

Yip, so in the days of the overspending that almost meant you wouldn’t be able to take that walk to Tynecastle at all. 

 

Best solution yet, let's overspend for 40 years, resulting in administration because it will get some folk optimistic again. 

 

I was most optimistic only 5 months ago and before that 2 years before. We know how the latter went. 

 

The former is still to conclude. 

 

Since they days of 2006 and 2012, we've ended up third three times, once after our admin 

The fans weren't happy after that either. 

 

We're on a poor bit of form and CL will be reviewed at the end of the season, plenty to play for still, don't do the very thing you would criticise the team for - giving up👍

 

We need to improve but such talk of bygone days are in no way relevant or helpful to the debate, if that's what you want. 

Maybe you just fancy a moan or maybe just to let of steam, fair doos but such talk just fills the rocket section of our support with unrealistic goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambali
50 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

Sadly, there seems to be a fair influx of previously banned posters and vermin interlopers.

 

Imagine spending your Sunday trolling on your opposition forum to get cheap thrills.  Its just as well some of the clowns on here today have no control in the running of the club with their clueless "sack everybody" attitude.  Imagine the surprise for the halwits when FoH take over and they still can't control the playing side of the club whenever they have a tantrum...

Everyone should be aware it will be fan owned not fan run.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambali
50 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Beat Celtic and everyone’s back on the happy train such is the nature of the Hearts support. 

 

To reiterate the point, 4th and 2 semis would meet expectations and we’re on course to achieve that at the moment. True story.

 

There are many games to go and there is a good basis of a good team there if we can keep Naisy and Djoum.

 

I’d give it a fair bit of time before calling for Leveins head at the moment, although we need to see a change in style and perhaps take more risks to create more chances. 

We will be lucky to keep players out of contract - they won't want to play in an underachieving team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bauldrick

To Olly Lee's left boot, well, that was quite a rant you had there, I can only defend myself by saying I'm a paying customer whose only agenda is a wish to see half decent players giving their all for the maroon jersey and a manager who inspires his players to entertain and make us look forward to match days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gambo
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

 

The vast majority share the same view and every single supporter I know personally feels that way. 

 

 

You go to games with Frank?

 

I leave the game and walk back to the car with 6 folk who all have differing views, I go to work on Monday and discuss the game with many fans most with differing views, most of the views are that was a hellish performance again and want Levein out, but not all.

 

Quite weird that EVERY FAN, you talk to feels the exact same way as you, quite creepy actually tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, gedster said:

An absolute pipe dream. Put down the crack pipe

You love mediocrity we don't if you love mediocrity follow the vermi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gedster
1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

You love mediocrity we don't if you love mediocrity follow the vermi

Put your glasses on, bin the alcopops and read my posts....I dislike mediocrity........greatly as well as the shambles we are on the pitch currently...........open your eyes man......................wake up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
30 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You go to games with Frank?

 

I leave the game and walk back to the car with 6 folk who all have differing views, I go to work on Monday and discuss the game with many fans most with differing views, most of the views are that was a hellish performance again and want Levein out, but not all.

 

Quite weird that EVERY FAN, you talk to feels the exact same way as you, quite creepy actually tbh.

 

Six of us at the game yesterday. All totally pissed off with the performance. All at different stages in terms of our remaining patience with Levein. None of the six of us want him sacked right now or before the end of the season (unless we end up in the bottom six post split).

 

If anybody in our group came put with the sort of nonsense that some spout on here (wanting us to get beat by Hibs for example) then they’d get laughed out the pub 😂👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
1 hour ago, Bauldrick said:

To Olly Lee's left boot, well, that was quite a rant you had there, I can only defend myself by saying I'm a paying customer whose only agenda is a wish to see half decent players giving their all for the maroon jersey and a manager who inspires his players to entertain and make us look forward to match days.

 

 

Wasn't meant to a rant, just a response in reply to yours. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
1 hour ago, jambali said:

Everyone should be aware it will be fan owned not fan run.

 

Owned by FoH, the Governance arrangements for which, approved at the AGM, ensure that FoH and its members will have no control over the running of the club nor even over how FoH funds are spent.

The accurate description is neither fan owned nor fan run but fan funded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
feedthefox

We are sleepwalking like a bunch of zombies into utter also rans. Clean financials, some decent players and 16,700 turning up to watch us play bottom of the league St Mirren . It just absolutelty amazes me with all this behind us we put out utter turd performances like yesterday. All I can conclude is we have become comfortably numb.

 

Time for AB to show us some of that nerveless business acumen which has been so well documented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Combo1974
3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

 

Let’s not let facts get in the way of overdramatic pantwetting though 👍🏻

From my perspective (having started this thread), this isn’t about pantwetting. It’s the culmination of a slow erosion of faith in Levein, following a host of awful performances against teams we should be beating. I like Levein as a personality and for everything he has done for Hearts in his various roles and I take no pleasure in reaching the conclusion that it’s the end of the road for him. Those that know me know how positive I try to be about all things Hearts and how often I stick up for players and performances when things aren’t going great, but I’m struggling to do that after the various poor results over the last couple of months.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
everton_jambo
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Has a manger ever taken over a team at a semi final stage and won a cup? Seems an extreme solution to a non-problem. Our derby, away and cup form has improved a lot this year, now the complaints are about style. So basically Levein - or whoever eventually replaces him - has to finish 2nd or 3rd, win a cup, win all the derbies, and do it playing some sort of mythical attractive football no-one can actually describe? And do this every season? Tough ask.

 

I don’t know the answer and haven’t checked but I do have a feeling when Dundee Utd won the cup they beat Rangers en route, coming from behind at Ibrox. I believe Houston had taken over at that point, and whilst the Utd fans I know all love Levein, they didn’t think he would have won them the cup as he wouldn’t have adopted the same approach as Houston v rangers. Obviously just speculation but an interesting one, given none of them would have wanted Craig to leave them.

 

I do take your point and being a football manager is a tough gig, especially with a demanding support like ours. I love Craig but just think we need a fresh start. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Beat Celtic and everyone’s back on the happy train such is the nature of the Hearts support. 

 

To reiterate the point, 4th and 2 semis would meet expectations and we’re on course to achieve that at the moment. True story.

 

There are many games to go and there is a good basis of a good team there if we can keep Naisy and Djoum.

 

I’d give it a fair bit of time before calling for Leveins head at the moment, although we need to see a change in style and perhaps take more risks to create more chances. 

If we can’t beat teams like Livi/St Mirren/Dundee at home how are we going to get 4th?

Naismith&Djoum are gone.

What evidence do you have that Levein will change his style or take more risks? 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
everton_jambo
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'll do it now then - I've always had faith in Craig Levein. 

He's an excellent manager and we're lucky to have him, I hope he's here long enough to reap the rewards of the foundations he's laid.

 

I know many will disagree, that's fine, it's all about opinions.

 

Totally, and didn’t mean to suggest that view is wrong, more the use of one result, good or bad, to accuse those with a differing view are “pantwetters” or “happy clappers” etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wilson
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Owned by FoH, the Governance arrangements for which, approved at the AGM, ensure that FoH and its members will have no control over the running of the club nor even over how FoH funds are spent.

The accurate description is neither fan owned nor fan run but fan funded.

That's just not true.

 

The FoH, as majority owners, will appoint Directors to run the club, including appointing staff. Your last sentence is nonsense.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×