Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Imagine Levein being sacked as manager and going back to DOF then being involved appointing the new manager....NO THANKS.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Getintaethem

It's a shame, as Levien is for me right up there amongst the best players I've ever seen playing in a Hearts jersey.  Would have been nice to see him win a trophy in his time managing the club.  His desire to do just that is maybe clouding his judgement, he believes he still can and that's a big part of why he won't walk.  Unfortunately no one else believes it anymore.

45 minutes ago, eusabio said:

Although I want Craig out ASAP I am sad that he has now reached the stage of being abused online thus losing the goodwill he built up at the club as a brilliant player. The old story, good players do not necessarily make good managers is absolutely true. For any sake Craig kick yourself back upstairs as DO.F saying one man can't do both jobs, and keep your reputation as a Club Legend.  

So he’ll be overseeing a new manager doing a job that he failed in.

no thanks.

needs to go completely.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

So he’ll be overseeing a new manager doing a job that he failed in.

no thanks.

needs to go completely.

Agree with that but would add his cathro experiment also failed and that's where the rut set in and has continued ever since except beginning of last season and some good cup runs 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agree with that but would add his cathro experiment also failed and that's where the rut set in and has continued ever since except beginning of last season and some good cup runs 

Agreed.

The time to go back upstairs has come and gone now. 

He could have done that at the end of the 2017/18 season and nobody would have bat an eyelid. He even still could have got away with it at the end of the 2018/19 season. It’s gone too far now and the guy is toxic with the fans. The only option left is a miraculous turn around or to leave the club completely.

Imagine being a manager coming in and having to work under the last loser :lol:  The only way that could work is if someone like Daly is appointed.

37 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Imagine being a manager coming in and having to work under the last loser :lol:  The only way that could work is if someone like Daly is appointed.

He’d actually be more unpopular than Levein.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Imagine Levein being sacked as manager and going back to DOF then being involved appointing the new manager....NO THANKS.

That would be laughable.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
27 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That would be laughable.

It was laughable 12 months ago but it’s taken us to get to this state for people to realise en made that he has to go. Even now there are some folk who want to give McPhee another meal ticket by making him DOF on the basis that he’s got a few phone numbers.

Someone actually said on here yesterday ‘McPhee isn’t a good coach but he could be a good DOF.” It’s like ****ing Stockholm syndrome.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Needs to leave the club. Director of Football who is tactically weak? No thanks.

Not just tactically, he's spunked millions of pounds (transfers/agents fees/wages) on the biggest collection of duds in the club's history.

He shouldn't be involved in sourcing players and handing out 4 year contracts.

Put him in charge of the academy and that's about it. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Is that after Levein decides to sack  Levein as manager and let Levein return to being DoF, then Levein the DoF can appoint the replacement for Levein the manager??

1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

Which is a very real possible nightmare 

9 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Not just tactically, he's spunked millions of pounds (transfers/agents fees/wages) on the biggest collection of duds in the club's history.

He shouldn't be involved in sourcing players and handing out 4 year contracts.

Put him in charge of the academy and that's about it. 

i wouldn’t  put him in charge of watering the bloody plants right now

If there is not a suitable manager available I would be happy with Andy Kirk until the end of the season when there will be more options, if that means he leaves completely now.  That would save us having to try replace a director of football and manager at the same time too. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’s very telling that this thread started 8 months ago and was by no means the first of its kind. Budge really needs to face facts - this has been blindingly obvious for ages and her intransigence is unacceptable. I was supportive of her until recently because I honestly couldn’t believe she would be this inept but sad to say, she needs to go with Levein. There is nowhere near enough footballing talent in the club, at boardroom, backroom or dressing room level. So many people have been found out.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s very telling that this thread started 8 months ago and was by no means the first of its kind. Budge really needs to face facts - this has been blindingly obvious for ages and her intransigence is unacceptable. I was supportive of her until recently because I honestly couldn’t believe she would be this inept but sad to say, she needs to go with Levein. There is nowhere near enough footballing talent in the club, at boardroom, backroom or dressing room level. So many people have been found out.

She’s far to reliant on him and looking at the other board members I can see why.

couldnt make 1 spine between them all.

On 23/02/2019 at 17:11, neilnunb said:

Livingston, Dundee, St Mirren at home  = 2 points.

Simply unacceptable.

?

Ross County, Hamilton, Motherwell, Kilmarnock at home = 2 points 

STILL unacceptable. 

IS IT EVER GOING TO END, FFS!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Terrifying isn't it, that a large group of us on here seen this happening a mile off. Yet we still have losers in our support backing it. Genuinely lost for words when i see certain posters trying to make out it will all come good.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Terrifying isn't it, that a large group of us on here seen this happening a mile off. Yet we still have losers in our support backing it. Genuinely lost for words when i see certain posters trying to make out it will all come good.

They know nothing about the game mate. Utterly clueless. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

It's a shame, as Levien is for me right up there amongst the best players I've ever seen playing in a Hearts jersey.  Would have been nice to see him win a trophy in his time managing the club.  His desire to do just that is maybe clouding his judgement, he believes he still can and that's a big part of why he won't walk.  Unfortunately no one else believes it anymore.

Unfortunately the one person who needs to believe his time is up has her fingers in her ears singing lalalalalalalalala.

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, TheStig said:

It’s the medication that the losers are on that’s making them post shite.

Oh dear, Levein’s latest communication in the Evening News implies he’s already getting his excuses in for the pile of pish that we’re going to suffer until Christmas at least. 
It appears there’s a very slim chance that Naismith will be fit for the Huns, and vague hopes for the return of  Peter Haring at some unspecified point in the future. According to our managerial genius “Having too many good players isn’t something that currently worries me, but it might be something in the next six weeks that becomes something.”

In other words, for the foreseeable future, we’re mainly going to be depending on the squad that performed so abysmally against Killie. With him at the helm, I will be very surprised if we’re not knee deep in relegation mire come the New Year.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, S Form said:

Oh dear, Levein’s latest communication in the Evening News implies he’s already getting his excuses in for the pile of pish that we’re going to suffer until Christmas at least. 
It appears there’s a very slim chance that Naismith will be fit for the Huns, and vague hopes for the return of  Peter Haring at some unspecified point in the future. According to our managerial genius “Having too many good players isn’t something that currently worries me, but it might be something in the next six weeks that becomes something.”

In other words, for the foreseeable future, we’re mainly going to be depending on the squad that performed so abysmally against Killie. With him at the helm, I will be very surprised if we’re not knee deep in relegation mire come the New Year.

Good post, just read and I’m sure it will inspire the players that he has at his disposal now 🙈.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good post, just read and I’m sure it will inspire the players that he has at his disposal now 🙈.

His Man Management skills are on a par or even worse than Cathro's.

At least Cathro seems to have ability as a Coach but can't communicate very well, Levein has neither.

3 hours ago, S Form said:

Short of signing players who are out of contract, what else can CL do?  I mean, it's stating the obvious, isn't it?

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or it could have meant that once Naismith, Haring, Walker, Soutter, Washington, Uche, Garuccio (to a lesser extent perhaps)etc are back and fit then he has selection problems in that he has "too many good players", because at the moment he only has "good players".

Sad thing is, I now have to justify myself for posting the above.

I'm not defending Levein's tenure, I like many think his time is up, blah blah etc etc etc

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Short of signing players who are out of contract, what else can CL do?  I mean, it's stating the obvious, isn't it?

Or it could have meant that once Naismith, Haring, Walker, Soutter, Washington, Uche, Garuccio (to a lesser extent perhaps)etc are back and fit then he has selection problems in that he has "too many good players", because at the moment he only has "good players".

I'm not defending Levein's tenure, I like many think his time is up, blah blah etc etc etc

You missed Halkett out, so many it’s hard to keep track I know.There will be other players out by then and it will be after the January break before all those players are fully fit and raring to go at the same time. He slated the players at the weekend so I doubt he’s saying they’re good, he signed them all too. No wonder the players look clueless and don’t trust him, he doesn’t make anything clear and lies constantly.

Had Budge made the change after the Cup Final, Levein could have gone back to DoF and the fans wouldn’t have particularly cared. Now it’s practically impossible for him to remain in any capacity without causing a bigger rift between the club and the fans.

15 minutes ago, Boris said:

Boris, Craig Levein was the man who said we will have 3 or 4 big players back for the next game during his post match outburst.

a statement which a lot of people called bullshit at the time.

Generic Username
10 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Had Budge made the change after the Cup Final, Levein could have gone back to DoF and the fans wouldn’t have particularly cared. Now it’s practically impossible for him to remain in any capacity without causing a bigger rift between the club and the fans.

In a nutshell. Could have slipped off into the background and been left to keep a handle on the overall structure of the footballing "department" and most would probably have shrugged their shoulders and left him to it, let him enjoy farting about at the youth games and putting bets on in full Hearts training kit. 

Now the situation is so toxic that you'd want a restraining order put in place with his dismissal. If/when we get our arse felt next after the international break that's surely got to be it for anyone still clinging onto the belief he'll turn it around. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

In a nutshell. Could have slipped off into the background and been left to keep a handle on the overall structure of the footballing "department" and most would probably have shrugged their shoulders and left him to it, let him enjoy farting about at the youth games and putting bets on in full Hearts training kit. 

Now the situation is so toxic that you'd want a restraining order put in place with his dismissal. If/when we get our arse felt next after the international break that's surely got to be it for anyone still clinging onto the belief he'll turn it around. 

The DOF move wouldn’t have washed. Firstly because very few externals managers would have to come to work with Levein above them meaning, secondly, that we’d probably have got landed with Daly/McPhee or a lazy ex player appointment. He should have been gone from the club well before the cup final.

Generic Username
15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The DOF move wouldn’t have washed. Firstly because very few externals managers would have to come to work with Levein above them meaning, secondly, that we’d probably have got landed with Daly/McPhee or a lazy ex player appointment. He should have been gone from the club well before the cup final.

Believe me, it would not have been a preferred option to me but I don't think it's a stretch to suggest if he had slipped back upstairs after the cup final, the bulk of people wouldn't have kicked up much of a stink. At least in the short term. 

But the reality is he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Which is a way more depressing thought than any Sunday night blues my brain has ever managed to conjure up. 

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

His Man Management skills are on a par or even worse than Cathro's.

At least Cathro seems to have ability as a Coach but can't communicate very well, Levein has neither.

I’m not convinced about Cathro, a good coach has to communicate. He and Macphee are analysts not coaches as i would describe them.

Levein had to go to Dikamona after dropping him from the squad to tell him what he was doing wrong, surely someone should’ve mentioned it weeks before that not just when we needed him to play?

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Believe me, it would not have been a preferred option to me but I don't think it's a stretch to suggest if he had slipped back upstairs after the cup final, the bulk of people wouldn't have kicked up much of a stink. At least in the short term. 

But the reality is he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Which is a way more depressing thought than any Sunday night blues my brain has ever managed to conjure up. 

We can only hope that the actions of our supporters at the next home game drum home how much we want change.The biggest result from next Sunday’s game will be Craig and his coaches gone from Hearts.

30 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Boris, Craig Levein was the man who said we will have 3 or 4 big players back for the next game during his post match outburst.

a statement which a lot of people called bullshit at the time.

Yeah, I get that.  But the article does quote Levein as saying

“For the Rangers game I’m quite confident that Naisy will be back, providing everything goes well with his recovery,” said Levein. “The other one who would be most advanced would be Peter. He’s back training, not with us but back on the grass and doing quite a lot so I’d be hopeful that he can make a difference."

Add in the Walker chat from the other day too.  Great if they can make it!  And CL will be haunted by these comments should they prove false.

I suppose my point was that yes things are bleak, and the CL has to be responsible, but it's at the point that whatever he says, people will pick apart or spin or whatever.  In some cases perhaps justifiably.  I guess I feel sorry for CL.  He thinks he is right and can turn it around, despite evidence to the contrary, and it's just a shame he's wrecking what respect he may still have amongst the fans.

It's hard to watch/listen!

8 minutes ago, Boris said:

“For the Rangers game I’m quite confident that Naisy will be back, providing everything goes well with his recovery,” said Levein. “The other one who would be most advanced would be Peter. He’s back training, not with us but back on the grass and doing quite a lot so I’d be hopeful that he can make a difference."

Add in the Walker chat from the other day too.  Great if they can make it!  And CL will be haunted by these comments should they prove false.

I suppose my point was that yes things are bleak, and the CL has to be responsible, but it's at the point that whatever he says, people will pick apart or spin or whatever.  In some cases perhaps justifiably.  I guess I feel sorry for CL.  He thinks he is right and can turn it around, despite evidence to the contrary, and it's just a shame he's wrecking what respect he may still have amongst the fans.

I agree with you which is why it’s best for him and his health and all of us if he steps aside.

Just now, 1874robbo said:

I agree with you which is why it’s best for him and his health and all of us if he steps aside.

Don't disagree with that either.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Boris said:

That’s not the article he was talking about, this is. He slates the players and says when others are back shortly they needn’t moan about losing their place.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/angry-craig-levein-raps-timid-hearts-players-and-explains-why-ryo-meshino-started-main-striker-644540

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s not the article he was talking about, this is. He slates the players and says when others are back shortly they needn’t moan about losing their place.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/angry-craig-levein-raps-timid-hearts-players-and-explains-why-ryo-meshino-started-main-striker-644540

Question, which players was he referring to about losing their places?

i thought about this at the time and other than Irving, I’ve no idea who he’s talking about. Mulraney perhaps, but we don’t have another pacey winger at the club, so he’ll still be involved. Clare perhaps, but it begs the question, why does he get picked more often than not. And other than those 3 I’ve not got a clue who he could be talking about.

2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Not quite so sure on that. For starters it would have restricted who would want to apply for the job unless of course one of his backro0om team were appointed in which case it would be totally pointless.

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Question, which players was he referring to about losing their places?

i thought about this at the time and other than Irving, I’ve no idea who he’s talking about. Mulraney perhaps, but we don’t have another pacey winger at the club, so he’ll still be involved. Clare perhaps, but it begs the question, why does he get picked more often than not. And other than those 3 I’ve not got a clue who he could be talking about.

Someone else said that, not the defence or GK, Whelan or Damour(played with a hamstring injury and forced off), not Meshino so that only leaves the three you mentioned and subs 🤷🏾‍♂️? He shook the hand of everyone of them after the game, does that seem likely if he was so furious that he swore on the radio whilst threatening to drop them?. If it was remotely genuine why wait until now to do it? The man is a charlatan and over time has revealed all his excuses and more folk realise it every week. As for him going back to DoF it won’t work, he needs to leave the club.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Boris said:

He likes stating the obvious doesn't he!!!

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Ah, the post match interview from Saturday.

I assumed as posted today that it referred to today's article.

That said, agree post match was a car crash.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

If his health has affected the way he does the job then he shouldn’t be in it, he should’ve been phased out gradually over his remaining contract for his own good.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Ah, the post match interview from Saturday.

I assumed as posted today that it referred to today's article.

That said, agree post match was a car crash.

No probs. It’s unlikely that any of these guys will be ready for the Semi final never mind the league game, more smoke and mirrors it would seem unfortunately.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

No probs. It’s unlikely that any of these guys will be ready for the Semi final never mind the league game, more smoke and mirrors it would seem unfortunately.

If so, then he is not only lying to us, but surely the Board too?

I really don't want to hate Levein, but apathy is slowly changing to animosity!

When I think back on this dispassionately, AB made one big mistake and that proved to be appointing CL.  She wasn't to know that of course, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

She is now compounding that error by sticking with him.

If we have these players coming back, especially Haring and Naismith who haven't had much game time since last season, is he really going to throw them into a game v rangers? I doubt it, but who knows with his selections these days. Playing our best guys that aren't up to speed could be a fecking disaster, either picking up more niggles or just getting completely outplayed by fitter players. Saying that playing with a fully match fit 11 could also be a disaster, shite decision to have to make like.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic