Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Hilary Briss

Got to agree with a lot of what CL said the other day.

Places like here and other social media are full of loons. Think most reasonable minded people were not happy with finish to last season but want him to do well and are willing to give him to Xmas.

Folk get too carried away with wins  - and on other side lose their shit with any bad result. 

Personally - I dont think we are far away from being decent side.......despite how chronic we were against Ross County the other week. Time will tell but no doubt there will be another melt down on here if we get beat tomorrow.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

8 hours ago, Coco said:

Jim Duffy and John Murray have been DoF.  And at one point we had an Advisor on Sports Matters to the Board

:laugh:

Did we? Levein didn’t have much to beat there then! 😉

8 hours ago, tcjambo said:

.....and splaffing (the SMG) money on players rather than infrastructure. 

And how much guidance did JJ get from The Pieman on the actual state of our finances????

You can’t blame him for wanting to sign players - and before you mention Petric I’ll remind you we made big money on many of his signings, the likes of Neimi, Weir, Cameron not to mention developing Gary Naismith and selling him again for big money!!!

16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And how much guidance did JJ get from The Pieman on the actual state of our finances????

You can’t blame him for wanting to sign players - and before you mention Petric I’ll remind you we made big money on many of his signings, the likes of Neimi, Weir, Cameron not to mention developing Gary Naismith and selling him again for big money!!!

People seem to of lost their way where Craig is concerned talking about losing tomorrow and he's done. Staggering when looking at statistics posted here. How many teams want to sack the manager before visiting parkhead ? That's regarded by many rated football people as hard to win there. Why not be a jambo and hope for the best like most fans do before facing them and that the team shows up well. Who expects us to walk it etc ? Wrongly quoted Cruickshanks

Edited by AJAMBO

1 minute ago, AJAMBO said:

People seem to of lost their way where Craig is concerned talking about losing tomorrow and he's done. Staggering when looking at statistics posted here. How many teams want to sack the manager before visiting parkhead ? That's regarded by many rated football people as hard to win there. Why not be a jambo and hope for the best like most fans do before facing them and that the team shows up well. Who expects us to walk it etc ? 

Why Have you tagged that on to my post? 🤔

Edited by Thomaso

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why Have you tagged that on to my post? 🤔

I'm having issues with quotes

4 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

As others have pointed out JJ had a fantastic record in the transfer market until 98-99 then he was like a bairn in a sweetieshop. I don't blame him if Robinson was stupid enough to sanction the deals but it was his spending that started the slide into unsustainable debt. 

Levein has always got the bigger picture. That's why Ann turned to him rather than Mr Jim. 

Levein gets the bigger picture??? Suggest you check out Budge’s recent statement where she told us he’s not the best organised!

By the way one of the “sweeties” JJ bought was Anti Niemi who was sold to Southampton for PLENTY!

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, Hilary Briss said:

Got to agree with a lot of what CL said the other day.

Places like here and other social media are full of loons. Think most reasonable minded people were not happy with finish to last season but want him to do well and are willing to give him to Xmas.

Folk get too carried away with wins  - and on other side lose their shit with any bad result. 

Personally - I dont think we are far away from being decent side.......despite how chronic we were against Ross County the other week. Time will tell but no doubt there will be another melt down on here if we get beat tomorrow.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, i.e. you are disappointed that HMFC fans want to see the team win or looking to win or how people then post if we do win. As I say I don't know in which context you are using it, but what I would say is I cannot understand how anyone going to watch HMFC doesn't want them to win. Fans want to see their team win, people who go along on a Saturday (or whatever game day might be) and aren't fussed by the final score are what was referred to on here in an earlier conversation as customers. Fans want to see the team they support win, people who go along and don't care about the result are just customers, but in saying that both pay their money so are entitled to their thoughts.

Edited by portobellojambo1

19 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You're obviously not very intelligent.  If I hated going through to Glasgow I wouldn't go

We've had strokes of fortune and bad luck it balances out when looking at the dominance of the old firm. If a lower rated clubs gets us  good then time to ask questions on results. The recent past has been kinder on us it also feeds the appetite for more. I want the team to win every game realistically with sides we've had recently its been brutal I see tomorrow as our time to show what we're made of. Fans pay to sit in our ground no matter what's on offer. They won't get to see the upgrade till Hamilton at home after that the full upgrade in LC v Aberdeen

Edited by AJAMBO

Hilary Briss
14 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that, i.e. you are disappointed that HMFC fans want to see the team win or looking to win or how people then post if we do win. As I say I don't know in which context you are using it, but what I would say is I cannot understand how anyone going to watch HMFC doesn't want them to win. Fans want to see their team win, people who go along on a Saturday (or whatever game day might be) and aren't fussed by the final score are what was referred to on here in an earlier conversation as customers. Fans want to see the team they support win, people who go along and don't care about the result are just customers, but in saying that both pay their money so are entitled to their thoughts.

Dunno have you have come to that conclusion from what I posted.

My point you have highlighted -  was regards peoples online reaction. Its extreme one way or another. I am delighted but wont get carried away when we win, where you read some nutty stuff with folk predicting all sorts. I can handle that TBF, but the knee jerk reaction to any defeat, especially on here - can be way over the top.

Also - Surely anybody going actually going to games are desperate for us to win. I know it ruins my day if we get beat.

CL says he is happy with his squad. No excuses then if we get humped tomorrow. Other clubs can go to Darkhead and make a fight of it. It’s up to CL to do the same and then stop shooting his mouth of at the people who fund the club.

portobellojambo1
29 minutes ago, Hilary Briss said:

Dunno have you have come to that conclusion from what I posted.

My point you have highlighted -  was regards peoples online reaction. Its extreme one way or another. I am delighted but wont get carried away when we win, where you read some nutty stuff with folk predicting all sorts. I can handle that TBF, but the knee jerk reaction to any defeat, especially on here - can be way over the top.

Also - Surely anybody going actually going to games are desperate for us to win. I know it ruins my day if we get beat.

Sorry, as I said I wasn't 100% sure in what aspect you were saying what you were saying. There are a few posters on here who maybe don't mean to but do give the impression that they don't really care if we win or not, and would rather go to extreme lengths to defend why we fail on occasion. I've been off line since 11 August so not really been familiar with what has been said before, during or after the game at Motherwell or in terms of tomorrow's fixture at Parkhead. I'm not even fussy as to who had the major input into how we decided to play against Motherwell, I just hope whoever it was took on board how successful it was, in comparsion with Ross County a few days earlier and adopts something similar tomorrow. Go through there to defend and we will lose, go through there and look to play some football, keep the ball on the deck and we just might discover that Celtic's weakness is their defence, and maybe get something. Like you I don't do well with defeats, and will often question some draws, depending on the opposition. If my post came across as if I was having a dig at you then I apologise, that wasn't my intention.

Edited by portobellojambo1

56 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

We've had strokes of fortune and bad luck it balances out when looking at the dominance of the old firm. If a lower rated clubs gets us  good then time to ask questions on results. The recent past has been kinder on us it also feeds the appetite for more. I want the team to win every game realistically with sides we've had recently its been brutal I see tomorrow as our time to show what we're made of. Fans pay to sit in our ground no matter what's on offer. They won't get to see the upgrade till Hamilton at home after that the full upgrade in LC v Aberdeen

And what has all that to do with my post?

40 minutes ago, Prof said:

CL says he is happy with his squad. No excuses then if we get humped tomorrow. Other clubs can go to Darkhead and make a fight of it. It’s up to CL to do the same and then stop shooting his mouth of at the people who fund the club.

I don't think he'll be happy with Souttar, Haring, Naismith and Morrison all being out though.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And £9m for Gordon who developed under Levein and broke through to the first team under him so your point is............?

21 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

And £9m for Gordon who developed under Levein and broke through to the first team under him so your point is............?

Ok I’ll give you that one although Gordon was always going to be a top keeper regardless of the Manager - you could say the same about Gary Naismith.

What’s my point? My point is that over their careers at Hearts JJ made far better signings that CL has done.

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I understand that Smithee. It is very much a circular argument with a support divided over Levein. I agree that Levein won't be going anywhere imminently but this thread reappeared because of Levein's comments on Thurs. He would have been better keeping his trap shut.

As would some on hear I suspect/wish. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

And what has all that to do with my post?

Nothing I'm having technical issue's with my phone

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hear! Hear!  😉

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I'm on HEAR and listening...what"'s your point caller? Are you accusing me of mendacity?

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm on HEAR and listening...what"'s your point caller? Are you accusing me of mendacity?

Ha, a classic from the Mercer Archives !

14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ok I’ll give you that one although Gordon was always going to be a top keeper regardless of the Manager - you could say the same about Gary Naismith.

What’s my point? My point is that over their careers at Hearts JJ made far better signings that CL has done.

My point is that he had a lot more money to play with relatively speaking then until now.  We have been trying to supplement the odd good signing with bargain basement as the infrastructure took precedence. The next few months are the time to judge CL if you must.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Cat on a hot tin roof. Great play and movie, Brick!

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Moon howlers' everywhere. Just enjoy your Saturday night you sad and pathetic individuals.

How sad is that folk on a football forum on a Saturday night.

:illogical:

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I remember the late James Sanderson of Radio Clyde posing that question to an irate Celtic fan during a phone in about 1985. I was on a Mercer bus back from the den of iniquity that is Parkhead,  pretty sure it was the 1-0 victory when Robbo was stretchered off with what looked like a very serious neck injury. The bus was poorless when Sanderson came out with that. Great days

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I remember the late James Sanderson of Radio Clyde posing that question to an irate Celtic fan during a phone in about 1985. I was on a Mercer bus back from the den of iniquity that is Parkhead,  pretty sure it was the 1-0 victory when Robbo was stretchered off with what looked like a very serious neck injury. The bus was poorless when Sanderson came out with that. Great days

I heard that same interview on a supporters bus that very day. The bus went crazy as Mercer tied everyone round in knots. 

I am am going to say it was the 1-1 draw in 85-86 but I could be wrong. 

It should have been ten
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I understand that Smithee. It is very much a circular argument with a support divided over Levein. I agree that Levein won't be going anywhere imminently but this thread reappeared because of Levein's comments on Thurs. He would have been better keeping his trap shut.

As would you. He was asked about Celtic fans but as usual carry on with your pathetic agenda 😴

It should have been ten
44 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Moon howlers' everywhere. Just enjoy your Saturday night you sad and pathetic individuals.

This

Hilary Briss
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Sorry, as I said I wasn't 100% sure in what aspect you were saying what you were saying. There are a few posters on here who maybe don't mean to but do give the impression that they don't really care if we win or not, and would rather go to extreme lengths to defend why we fail on occasion. I've been off line since 11 August so not really been familiar with what has been said before, during or after the game at Motherwell or in terms of tomorrow's fixture at Parkhead. I'm not even fussy as to who had the major input into how we decided to play against Motherwell, I just hope whoever it was took on board how successful it was, in comparsion with Ross County a few days earlier and adopts something similar tomorrow. Go through there to defend and we will lose, go through there and look to play some football, keep the ball on the deck and we just might discover that Celtic's weakness is their defence, and maybe get something. Like you I don't do well with defeats, and will often question some draws, depending on the opposition. If my post came across as if I was having a dig at you then I apologise, that wasn't my intention.

No worries.......totally agree with  your strategy for tomorrow too. 

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

This

Anyone that uses expressions like"moon howlers", "pant wetters" etc can only be treated with ridicule and pity. Sad, really.

It should have been ten
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Anyone that uses expressions like"moon howlers", "pant wetters" etc can only be treated with ridicule and pity. Sad, really.

Pot and kettle 

39 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

How sad is that folk on a football forum on a Saturday night.

:illogical:

Having a night in yersel? 😉

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I prefer “Happy Clappers” and “Levein Fanboys”.  😉

56 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Cat on a hot tin roof. Great play and movie, Brick!

Liz Taylor.......mmmm......😜

59 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

My point is that he had a lot more money to play with relatively speaking then until now.  We have been trying to supplement the odd good signing with bargain basement as the infrastructure took precedence. The next few months are the time to judge CL if you must.

Fair enough. 👍

22 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Tbf, he’s the only manager we’ve had in the last 30 years to finish 3rd in successive seasons, made the group stages of the Europa League and last season made cup final. Also the only DoF to deliver a League Title. 

But.... he’s not got a good record at delivering.

🤔

It's no exactly a good CV. But if your happy fair enough

i wish jj was my dad
19 hours ago, AJAMBO said:

JJ should be seen as the man that got it right as winning us silverwear and will retain a firm fondness in me. Yes his ways are partly why we exist as we are. Money management through lessons learned

I love JJ. He would have a job for life if it wa down to me as an ambassador or similar but his job was all about putting a team on the park. He wasn't there to worry about the wider business

10 hours ago, jambocub said:

It's no exactly a good CV. But if your happy fair enough

Ok, compare his CV to Hearts managers from the previous 30-40 years! We are never consistent season to season. I would have been happy to see him leave after the cup final, but he didnt so I will support the club and him, until such times it goes breasts up. 2 or 3 games into the season isnt that time. 

Governor Tarkin
22 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm a Hearts supporter, you are a now what most would call a customer. 

:rofl:

Good Lord.

So there we have it, the crux of the argument is that I'm a better fan than you. 

Let me break it to you once again, Tosh, Hearts supporters don't want Hibs to win the cup.

14 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Can't be. Smith's right fud says @Enzo Chiefo  isn't a proper Hearts man.

13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You forgot "puddle drinkers", "mouth breathers", "crayon munchers", and a host of other original and imaginative insults.

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think Levein said much wrong tbh. 🤷🏼‍♂️

That goes without saying, Dave.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Good Lord.

So there we have it, the crux of the argument is that I'm a better fan than you. 

Let me break it to you once again, Tosh, Hearts supporters don't want Hibs to win the cup.

You forgot "puddle drinkers", "mouth breathers", "crayon munchers", and a host of other original and imaginative insults.

Not better, just more loyal at this time- clearly. 

What Enzo explained in his post wasn't a supporter, it was how a customer acts. 

Hearts supporters also don't want rangers to win cups, what you gonna do tho, eh? 

I dislike rangers more than hibs, time you moved on from that.  My feelings haven't changed on it. Unlikely to do so either. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Good Lord.

Yes, forgot about those ones Guv'nor. There is also one about "jimmies" or "jammies" too although I can't remember how that one goes. Each and every one a classic put down☝️

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not better, just more loyal at this time- clearly. 

What Enzo explained in his post wasn't a supporter, it was how a customer acts. 

Hearts supporters also don't want rangers to win cups, what you gonna do tho, eh? 

I dislike rangers more than hibs, time you moved on from that.  My feelings haven't changed on it. Unlikely to do so either. 

This is where you are wrong. Hearts fans do want Rangers to win the SC Final when they are playing against Hibs. 

Just the same as previous years when I was glad Celtic beat Hibs in SC Finals. 

I find Celtic and their fans irritating to say the least, but would still rather they won a trophy than Hibs break their duck and win it for the first time since 1902. 

PHM understand this. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic