Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

2 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

one swallow does not make a summer

How poetic 

tonight there was a lot to be happy about. Giving credit where it’s due is the right thing to do, let’s just bloody well enjoy a good win and a promising start for an evolving side no?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Certainly earned a bit longer given the good result and first half performance where we really were superb. 

Please don't judge him after Celtic away. No hearts manager or potential replacement would get a result there in all liklihood. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

One game at a time, old fruit.

Don’t for heavens sake give any credit to Craig Levein or a Hearts performance.

That would hurt you too much.

Very happy with what we showed tonight was quite happy to stand and get soaked watching them.  Not going to get over excited though, it is only one game after all.

Leveins time is up. No doubt in my mind. We've been shocking for almost a year.

This might sound strange but i think it's a brute force attempt to get better. Just keep signing players until it works or we have so much better quality and experience it makes us win regardless of who is managing, just like Neil Lennon right now who can win the league regardless of plans or tactics

Midloth_Iain

Havent read the previous pages, wasnt at the game  - watched the game on BT like a number of others

Stephen Craigan actually said

"Levein has stumbled on a workable formation tonight, unsure if it was deliberate or not" .. 🧐 🙊 ....

Unknown user
1 hour ago, MrBones said:

This might sound strange but i think it's a brute force attempt to get better. Just keep signing players until it works or we have so much better quality and experience it makes us win regardless of who is managing, just like Neil Lennon right now who can win the league regardless of plans or tactics

Getting so many quality players that we can't help winning is a bad thing because...?

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Gorgieshed said:

The f u c ing JTs are back. No one wants CL to succeed more than me. WE ARE BACK.

☝️

On 15/08/2019 at 11:25, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Excellent. Let’s waste another season.

Patience is a virtue!

I’m not a fan but was at Motherwell and that’s more like the Hearts I want to see. 

I was also at East Fife though.

I will give him the benefit as his criticism for the Ross County game seems to of hit a note given tonight’s performance.

also, the signings are very tasty so for me let’s see what happens until the winter break.

celtic away to be honest is not one I expect to win or even draw at this point. It’s the games after that I want / expect points and entertainment 

i certainly do not want or expect another shitefest like Ross County again given the backing and quality of signings and backing from the board 

Last night has made me jump off the "sack him now" train.

Prepared to give him this season i guess. 

This must be his last chance though.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Kid Creole said:

Havent read the previous pages, wasnt at the game  - watched the game on BT like a number of others

Stephen Craigan actually said

"Levein has stumbled on a workable formation tonight, unsure if it was deliberate or not" .. 🧐 🙊 ....

The lack of respect in that comment from someone who has achieved considerably less than Levein as a player and manager is breath-taking. What did we do to deserve such arseholes commenting on our game.

Time to circle the wagons, pull together and prove these eejits wrong.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Getintaethem

Far better performance last night, especially first half.  The signings we've made this window have been excellent and they will need time to settle and get up to full match fitness.

I still feel we're too reliant on the long ball and could play better football at times.  However last night was a step in the right direction, those performance levels need to be sustained over several games before I'm convinced.

That was night and day compared to last week. Great result at what has always been a historically difficult ground for us. I had convinced myself we weren’t going to win so hats off to the team and to CL for a much much better performance 

I still think there is more to come and there are still areas where we can improve but it doesn’t have to be one huge leap in terms of performances. Small steps will do me absolutely fine and as long as we see progress game to game, and good consistency, then hopefully we can go on and have a good season 

next game its u realistic to expect a win, but, that said, I hope we have a real go at them. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

For now, just enjoy the weekend ☺️

Glamorgan Jambo
9 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Craig seems like Craig here

It was the interview on BT that made me think he was slow and more jittery than normal. Especially around the discussion of the penalty incidents and towards the end of the interview where he was less coherent than usual. 

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The lack of respect in that comment from someone who has achieved considerably less than Levein as a player and manager is breath-taking. What did we do to deserve such arseholes commenting on our game.

Time to circle the wagons, pull together and prove these eejits wrong.

Yeah i heard that also. Pretty poor stuff. Guys a hearts hating fud tho. It has always been barely concealed. 

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

That was night and day compared to last week. Great result at what has always been a historically difficult ground for us. I had convinced myself we weren’t going to win so hats off to the team and to CL for a much much better performance 

I still think there is more to come and there are still areas where we can improve but it doesn’t have to be one huge leap in terms of performances. Small steps will do me absolutely fine and as long as we see progress game to game, and good consistency, then hopefully we can go on and have a good season 

next game its u realistic to expect a win, but, that said, I hope we have a real go at them. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

For now, just enjoy the weekend ☺️

Still not having enough attempts on goal. Hopefully this will start to improve next home game. Far too many positives last night to mention them all.

upgotheheads
7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Last night has made me jump off the "sack him now" train.

Prepared to give him this season i guess. 

This must be his last chance though.

Certainly it has given him some breathing space and if he can consolidate with a decent performance against Celtic (NB, I didn't say a win), and a win against Hamilton Accies then we might be in for a decent spell. But one thing worries me. Levein  looked  stressed in the post match interview last night and he's been less than his cocky self recently. I wonder if AB might step in at some point just to protect his health. It's less than a year since he had a Heart attack after all. Maybe a month off might be called for by Ann Budge, with MacPhee taking over in the interim, if she feels the same.

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Still not having enough attempts on goal. Hopefully this will start to improve next home game. Far too many positives last night to mention them all.

I thought as well in the second half we didn’t press them and when we didn’t have the ball and ended up as a result a bit deeper in terms of our lines but still a lot better than last week and we got the victory which is the most important thing 

the confidence the players will take from the victory should also help us moving forward 

tolcross lad

I was there last night.Top tier and escaped a soaking.It was a decent performance but one which should be the very minimum expected of Hearts. 

Tennant's  6's

Much improved performance last night, which should be the minimum standard though. 

With players still to return, and players to keep up to speed, you'd have to hope for more control of the game,  creating more chances and working on counter attacking moves.

So much better, and effective, tha  aimless long balls which just gifts the opposition the ball again. 

annushorribilis III
10 hours ago, MrBones said:

I wouldn't say "brute force" but maybe it's an admission (at last) that the players just aren't good enough.  Whatever, the club seems to have loosened the purse strings and hopefully this is a sign of things to come. We got a win where often don't with a much changed team and after the last few weeks that's a relief. I hope CL can turn it around and that he isn't suffering unduly health wise but ultimately I want him gone at the end of the season. 

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Getting so many quality players that we can't help winning is a bad thing because...?

Signing better players to improve, that’ll never catch on

It's quite simple really, get performances like last night 8 or 9 games out of ten, rather than the Ross County/East Fife 8 or 9 games out of ten and there will be no problems.

It is up to Levein to get that performance from them, the first half especially whilst not great showed we can play football.

Last night should be the minimum expected in terms of effort and style.

As good as last night was there is plenty room for improvement.

More of the same at least Levein and we will all be happy.

1 hour ago, Getintaethem said:

Far better performance last night, especially first half.  The signings we've made this window have been excellent and they will need time to settle and get up to full match fitness.

I still feel we're too reliant on the long ball and could play better football at times.  However last night was a step in the right direction, those performance levels need to be sustained over several games before I'm convinced.

I think with Uche out the team we play football. Thats not his fault but just that we go route 1 when he is there. 

Last night was miles better. A continuation from the excellent half hour or so at Pittodrie. 

We have a top 4 squad. 

12 hours ago, tntjambo said:

one swallow does not make a summer

That’s true.

One swallow does not a summer make, but it’s sometimes an indication of the start of summer.

Glass half full, or glass half empty?

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

I think with Uche out the team we play football. Thats not his fault but just that we go route 1 when he is there. 

Last night was miles better. A continuation from the excellent half hour or so at Pittodrie. 

We have a top 4 squad. 

Totally agree about we've got top 4 squad ! Last night we played without zlamal , souttar , Haring , Nausmith , wighton and Garuccio aswell as a number of of kids with first team experience Burns,  Brandon , Cochrane , Keena,  McDonald, Morrison, Zanatta and Henderson and even with all those we've got some cracking kids out on loan Smith, Hamilton , petrov and Moore. 

The futures looking very positive 

On 15/08/2019 at 07:06, chuck berrys hairline said:

Three players on a year deal and people are happy. It's back to frigging square one next summer 😅 it's the constant chopping and changing that causes us to have no way or means of implementing our tactics to our biggest strengths. We will never build any momentum at this rate 

Excellent point. 

Toxteth O'Grady

Now he’s moaning about fans being unhappy because it’s early in the season. We’ve been shit since last November

Selkirkhmfc1874

This threads been very quiet since we beat motherwell , will no doubt get busy again as soon as we lose 

Alex Kintner
14 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Now he’s moaning about fans being unhappy because it’s early in the season. We’ve been shit since last November

If only this had been discussed at great already...

Shhhhhhhhh, be very quiet, don't mention results and performances since November last year. Don't compare it to Cathro's dismal reign, because we don't want to upset Craig. Don't remind him of how many losses and draws we've accumulated over the last few months, because it's best if we just forget about it, and start another clean slate. 

Look what happens when he gets angry and lashes out at every man and their dog. We should be very well behaved supporters, sit quiietly in the corner and remember that things are looking good, and we must have lots and lots and lots of patience. Please also remain quiet in the stands, until told to cheer.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Shhhhhhhhh, be very quiet, don't mention results and performances since November last year. Don't compare it to Cathro's dismal reign, because we don't want to upset Craig. Don't remind him of how many losses and draws we've accumulated over the last few months, because it's best if we just forget about it, and start another clean slate. 

Look what happens when he gets angry and lashes out at every man and their dog. We should be very well behaved supporters, sit quiietly in the corner and remember that things are looking good, and we must have lots and lots and lots of patience. Please also remain quiet in the stands, until told to cheer.

What do you hope to gain from a post like this on the almost eve of a big game? What’s your end game here?

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What do you hope to gain from a post like this on the almost eve of a big game? What’s your end game here?

There is no end game. Some just can’t let a couple of hours pass without their jimmies over-rustle and feeling the need to vent. It’s unfortunate but best ignored. 

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And there we have it, one of the Levein security officers comes along sharpish, and says I mustn't remind people of the truth. Frank will be along next with his undying wit, and hilarious gifs. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

And there we have it, one of the Levein security officers comes along sharpish, and says I mustn't remind people of the truth. Frank will be along next with his undying wit, and hilarious gifs. 

What dog has Levein lashed out at?

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What dog has Levein lashed out at?

Scooby doo, lives at number 10g Gorgie Road. Never knew what hit him, poor mut.

Edited by innerjambo

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Scooby do, lives at number 10g Gorgie Road. Never knew what hit him, poor mut.

😂

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

There’s nothing wrong with pointing out the current concerns. I’ve done it myself. Doing constantly and with increasing ire just makes you seem very easily rustled.

We'll see on sunday if Levein can get us up for 2 games in a row.

Not expecting a win, our record at celtic park speaks for itself, but with the squad we have, we should be making the game competitive as a minimum requirement. 

a 4-0 gubbin and zero shots on target and he can expect all the stick he usually gets. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Name calling already? 

It's levein that needs to change the record (at Celtic Park)

Call it as I see it. If we win it won’t be thanks to the likes of you.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Call it as I see it. If we win it won’t be thanks to the likes of you.

And you're calling me an eejit? 🤣

If we do win will it be thanks to you?

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Don't know how you all have the energy 😂😂😂

I find it cathartic. Bit like voluntary work 😂👍🏻

Brighton Jambo
51 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

No true Hearts fan posts that a couple of days before a big game when we have had a week of positivity after a good away cup win.

three words: You Are Hibs 

28 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Boring as **** now eh. 

Aye. What’s wrong with just getting behind the team, eh? Instead of this constant negative drivel. 

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

There’s nothing wrong with pointing out the current concerns. I’ve done it myself. Doing constantly and with increasing ire just makes you seem very easily rustled.

I would have kept my peace Frank if he hadn't had that blow out to the press yesterday. I think it was a foolish thing to do given current circumstances. I know he will get asked leading questions by the press, but he should try and keep a lid on it and concentrate on getting results on the pitch. Instead he's just stoking the fire imo.

Edited by innerjambo

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic