• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Levein confirms that zlamal is to be rested  Friday night the new boy will be playing and Doyle number 2 

The reason zlamal is being tested is his  decision making hasn’t been great recently so will give him a rest 

Can we do this with Levein as his decision making has been crap for about 9 months 

Edited by NB GIN

Getintaethem

Still no quality finisher.  Too many players in the squad, less quantity, more quality, is required.

2 hours ago, smiler said:

So now you’re willing to give him more time....make your mind up Shomato.

Make no mistake shmiler I think he should have been bumped at the end of last season.

He wasn’t and we are now between a rock and a hard place. Changing a Manager after we have signed players and are into the season will cause huge disruption, but after another 6 games and if the team performances and results are unacceptable we will have to bite the bullet and get shot.

Edited by Thomaso

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Make no mistake shmiler I think he should have been bumped at the end of last season.

He wasn’t and we are now between a rock and a hard place. Changing a Manager after we have signed players and are into the season will cause huge disruption, but after another 6 games and if the team performances and results are unacceptable we will have to bite the bullet and get shot.

It's the record you should change not the manager.

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's the record you should change not the manager.

😴

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

All we do is give him more time, which he wastes.

We don't give him anything. He's been given everything from Anne budge . 

Complete control over all football matters

14 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What impact do you think replacing Levein would have in terms of this season? It would become more of a transition period and the new manager clearly wouldn't have funds to add to the squad. Levein now has a very good squad of players with competition all over the park. It is only fair to see how this new look side can perform. A result tomorrow would be a massive plus for everyone connected to Heart of Midlothian

Are you sure you mean everyone?

::troll::

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Are you sure you mean everyone?

::troll::

It's certainly going to be an emotional rollercoaster of a season for the Levexiters. He might yet pull a good season out the hat with the squad he's put together and every win and loss will trigger massive conflicting emotions for the worst of them - every defeat providing a glimmer of hope and every win snatching it away.

And if Levein does badly, he's certainly cemented his place as DoF with these kind of signings, meaning even if he goes he very likely won't really be gone....

11 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Touchy!

Hardly

Could have done without the insults right enough

As I said to TBF I don't  have an issue with anyone saying that by winning a cup it glosses over the league performances in the same season, and that they haven't been good

However, I took his comments in context to mean that if CL had won the cup last season that the 2 managers performance in each season would have been the same. Which I don't agree with. I maintain that Sergio had far more things running against him back then than CL did last year. That's not me using what he said to have a go at Levein, its more around that by comparing the 2 that its probably unfair on Paolo as he was working with his hands behind his back that year.

My last comment to TBF was a bit weary in the sense that I let the word "dreadful" slide as I didn't think he was taking on board my comments anyway 

He may have said it directly in the sense that a cup win would mask any league performances, in which case I don't disagree, but I took the comparison more in that he was using this as an example to be more lenient toward's Levein's tenure last year. If he didn't mean it that way then that's my fault as I thought he did (hope he is reading this) 

We have made good signings/acquisitions this year - no question, and that fills me with a bit of hope. 

I don't want Levein to fail, just so I can say that I was right. I hope to god he gets us playing well and rams the afore mentioned comments down my throat and anything even remotely negative I have ever said about him. I would take that any day of the week.

I couldn't give a shit  about who will actually be proved right and wrong, doesn't matter - what matters is that we have a team performing on the park that we can be proud of. And that's it, no more, no less. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

On AFC chat, they have a thread called 'McInnes'. that is 592 pages long. http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=39485&page=592#entry1822320

One league cup not enough for them? Quite right. He's seriously underperformed considering the budget and other advantages he's had most of his time in charge at Aberdeen. All the 2nd places mean nothing if he can't translate that into a single European run. When we got 2nd in 87/88 under Doddie and 3rd under Levein we followed up with a great European run each time.

We've only ever had two really bad European results in recent memory going back to the 80s - Birikara at home and Spurs at home (and the Spurs one can be forgiven tbh given the gulf in class). McInnes has lost to a lot of very beatable teams.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

One league cup not enough for them? Quite right. He's seriously underperformed considering the budget and other advantages he's had most of his time in charge at Aberdeen. All the 2nd places mean nothing if he can't translate that into a single European run. When we got 2nd in 87/88 under Doddie and 3rd under Levein we followed up with a great European run each time.

We've only ever had two really bad European results in recent memory going back to the 80s - Birikara at home and Spurs at home (and the Spurs one can be forgiven tbh given the gulf in class). McInnes has lost to a lot of very beatable teams.

I believe the Birikara defeat is the only time we've gone out to a lower ranked opponent.  We've generally performed decently in Europe other than that.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I believe the Birikara defeat is the only time we've gone out to a lower ranked opponent.  We've generally performed decently in Europe other than that.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about including Spurs. I was too star struck to feel embarrassed after that game to be honest. Probably like many of the players on the day going by how we played.

HillmanHearts
8 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Still no quality finisher.  Too many players in the squad, less quantity, more quality, is required.

Mind the boy that scored a hat trick v Chelsea. We have him on a 4 year deal  :smile:. 14 goals in 33 games last year. Not too shabby.  

Granted the squad is now too big - but I'm sure that will be addressed over the next couple of weeks and our other Naismith will earn his corn as part of that. 

I pay my money to be entertained, football should be spectacle of entertainment, we're not even getting that ! Levein appears to have lost, if he ever had it ?  ability to motivate a team as a cohesive unit, sad given the undoubted quality we have. This is the first time, online, or verbally, I have been a detractor of Levein. I just believe he is misguided, his project of youth, why doesn't he stick with the likes of Anthony McDonald, Keena(sp) and  others?

18 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

He was given a 3 year deal for a reason and  short of getting the club relegated , he'll be in charge until the end of the season. Unfortunately. I'm kinda resigned to what is about to follow but more worrying is what happens after he leaves at the end of the season. 

I've reluctantly resigned myself to this too, looking forward to heading back regularly next season. 

It's a pity, we plenty of decent players to choose from now and we're being hamstrung by management.

Skippy Doodle

Was nice of the guys to have me on the show for a few minutes to try and address the CL issue in a few media friendly sound bites and edit me to sound reasonably coherent 😂😂 give these guys a listen and subscribe to them on various platforms

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/from-the-podcasts/is-craig-levein-in-danger-of-losing-the-safest-job-in-world-football/

pettigrewsstylist

His comments about players not being able to stand up to pressure at Tynie and resorting to hoofball are a sad indictment of where he  thinks the responsibility lies to manage/lead the squad. 

If the first home game of the season, against the newly promoted, carries too much pressure for them to handle, then we are truly f*****.

Roll on tonight. I live in hope, barely.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

His comments about players not being able to stand up to pressure at Tynie and resorting to hoofball are a sad indictment of where he  thinks the responsibility lies to manage/lead the squad. 

If the first home game of the season, against the newly promoted, carries too much pressure for them to handle, then we are truly f*****.

Roll on tonight. I live in hope, barely.

He’s very obviously referring to some of the Hearts crowd being very quick to get on their own team’s back these days.

Ross County said how they used that to their advantage by setting out to frustrate. All the smaller teams will.

Call me crazy but I think the fans’ role is to back the team and upset the opposition no matter how we’re playing, rather than work for the opposition. 

26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He’s very obviously referring to some of the Hearts crowd being very quick to get on their own team’s back these days.

Ross County said how they used that to their advantage by setting out to frustrate. All the smaller teams will.

Call me crazy but I think the fans’ role is to back the team and upset the opposition no matter how we’re playing, rather than work for the opposition. 

This is the way of football. Most smaller teams will try to frustrate the bigger team away from home - Levein is an expert at that.

Tynecastle can be a tough place to play but Ibrox and Parkhead are no different when things are not going well for the home team.

I do agree that Hearts fans are quick to voice their displeasure however that is a result of the frustration that has build up over the last few months.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

The support will be on the ball from KO.

I like away games. Better than Tynecastle the last while. Sad to say but true.

Away up in Gorgie

Call me crazy but if the team approached home games in an uptempo, aggressive, powerful and attacking manner the crowd would in turn back the team and create a positive atmosphere. Instead what has happened is we’ve witnessed listless, slow, turgid pish which has seen the crowd understandably grow more and more frustrated to the point of many not even bothering to attend every match. There needs to be a complete change in attitude by the head coach in getting his players up for each and every home game not just the occasional performance. 

siegementality

That’s what happens after watching two seasons of shite.

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Call me crazy but if the team approached home games in an uptempo, aggressive, powerful and attacking manner the crowd would in turn back the team and create a positive atmosphere. Instead what has happened is we’ve witnessed listless, slow, turgid pish which has seen the crowd understandably grow more and more frustrated to the point of many not even bothering to attend every match. There needs to be a complete change in attitude by the head coach in getting his players up for each and every home game not just the occasional performance. 

Wouldn’t stop some of the morons.

18 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

The natural laws of football crowds nicely summed up. It’s not a one-way thing. A crowd needs to feel that its support is matched at the very least by effort and urgency on the pitch. 

I would add that while I’m quite accustomed to seeing people leave matches before the end, I’ve never experienced the kind of very early mass exodus we’ve seen at Tynecastle in recent seasons when the team goes even a goal down, sometimes against very mediocre opposition. People have sensed that there is no fight in the team to stage a recovery and certainly nothing game-changing coming from the dug-out - and they’ve been right almost without exception.

9 minutes ago, leginten said:

The natural laws of football crowds nicely summed up. It’s not a one-way thing. A crowd needs to feel that its support is matched at the very least by effort and urgency on the pitch. 

I would add that while I’m quite accustomed to seeing people leave matches before the end, I’ve never experienced the kind of very early mass exodus we’ve seen at Tynecastle in recent seasons when the team goes even a goal down, sometimes against very mediocre opposition. People have sensed that there is no fight in the team to stage a recovery and certainly nothing game-changing coming from the dug-out - and they’ve been right almost without exception.

As opposed to when we were really shite and nobody turned up at all !

Many years ago but relevant when talking about crowds.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Youre crazy.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

I'm pretty sure characters like Berra, Naismith, Hackett, Smith, Haring and Whelan don't need anyone getting them up for games. I've no doubt we want to play exactly the way you describe (even though I can't think of a single Scottish Prem side that consistently plays that way). It's not all about us though. When teams set up to stop us playing at home games will inevitably be of the more turgid variety. That's why we're now signing players who can compete and hopefully control the midfield (Whelan and Damour) and players who can hopefully unlock tight defences (Naismith, Walker, Mulraney, Washington and hopefully Meshino). That's also why someone like Irving is getting games.

Glamorgan Jambo

Thought Craig looked very stressed in his full time interview. 

Some better play tonight, a lot of it originating with Irving. Here's hoping it's the start of a sustained improvement. 

2 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Some better play tonight, a lot of it originating with Irving. Here's hoping it's the start of a sustained improvement. 

I didn’t see the interview. For all my thoughts on Leveins future as Head Coach, the last thing I would want is for his health to suffer. 

Maybe be a few wins will see him relax a bit. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

On 15/08/2019 at 15:59, Cruyff Turn said:

That’s exactly what “all the Levein fanboys” as you put it, have been saying for weeks. :laugh:

Welcome to the happy clapping Beleveiner fanclub! 

I said I’d give him 6 weeks to turn things around - he is off to a cracking start! 😊

9 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I thought the same. Having had a couple of stents fitted just before Craig did I certainly would not want his health being affected.

So well done big man - great result tonight!

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I said I’d give him 6 weeks to turn things around - he is off to a cracking start! 😊

Indeed. 👍🏼

GorgieFifeLife

Decent win tonight but nothing to get over excited about. Now he needs to achieve consistency. 

5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

So tonights result and performance is a vote for Craig Levein innit. 

New signings, academy players. 

Levein oot folk can't say it is a shambles. It isn't a shambles Is it?

Not tonight it wasn’t - we move on to the next game.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Boab said:

The support will be on the ball from KO.

I like away games. Better than Tynecastle the last while. Sad to say but true.

Seems to be that way.

5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Decent win tonight but nothing to get over excited about. Now he needs to achieve consistency. 

One game at a time, old fruit.

Don’t for heavens sake give any credit to Craig Levein or a Hearts performance.

That would hurt you too much.

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

One game at a time, old fruit.

Don’t for heavens sake give any credit to Craig Levein or a Hearts performance.

That would hurt you too much.

Exactly. Very good tonight. Some folks need to cheer the f up.

1 minute ago, smartinmaroon said:

Exactly. Very good tonight. Some folks need to cheer the f up.

:thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Was nice of the guys to have me on the show for a few minutes to try and address the CL issue in a few media friendly sound bites and edit me to sound reasonably coherent 😂😂 give these guys a listen and subscribe to them on various platforms

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/from-the-podcasts/is-craig-levein-in-danger-of-losing-the-safest-job-in-world-football/

Not heard this one yet but if you are on i might need to jump it to the front of my playlist mate

Good result tonight, and by the sounds of it an even better performance. 

This defo gives Levein some breathing space. Interesting to see how we get on at Celtic next week. 

Alex Kintner
51 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I thought the same. Having had a couple of stents fitted just before Craig did I certainly would not want his health being affected.

So well done big man - great result tonight!

Hope you’re doing ok 👍🏻

14 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Hope you’re doing ok 👍🏻

All good thanks for asking Frank - I’m lucky I don’t have the stress of managing Hearts!!

bbc seemed to be implying in their report that Hearts fans turned up in such numbers because it was make or break for Levein's tenure. That it could be a historical moment.' I was there at Levein's last game.' 

Just no idea, BBC. Stick to fawning over Rangers.

Edited by Riccarton3

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

All good thanks for asking Frank - I’m lucky I don’t have the stress of managing Hearts!!

Good to hear 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

one swallow does not make a summer

Could be the start of summer though. Time will tell. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic