Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

13 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Three players on a year deal and people are happy. It's back to frigging square one next summer 😅 it's the constant chopping and changing that causes us to have no way or means of implementing our tactics to our biggest strengths. We will never build any momentum at this rate 

Excellent point. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Alex Kintner
55 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Three players on a year deal and people are happy. It's back to frigging square one next summer 😅 it's the constant chopping and changing that causes us to have no way or means of implementing our tactics to our biggest strengths. We will never build any momentum at this rate 

For clarity, these players aren’t going to self-destruct in exactly twelve months time.

YouLetYourClubDie
On 14/08/2019 at 04:40, To Be Frank said:

In 2012 the cup win covered up some dreadful league performances and a 6th place league finish. A cup win last year would have done exactly the same.

We finished 5th in 2012 with a team who went months without getting paid and a tiny squad compared with the 100s of signings Levein and his cronies have been able to make.

1 minute ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

We finished 5th in 2012 with a team who went months without getting paid and a tiny squad compared with the 100s of signings Levein and his cronies have been able to make.

It's quite incredible that folk are willing to completely ignore how unbelievable it was that we managed to win a Scottish cup and absolutely dominate Hibs at a time so difficult just to try and make it seem like everything is actually ok now.

19 hours ago, Gregorski said:

Agree.

Possibly would have got a stay of execution having got to a final but I doubt he would have survived the League cup group stages.

Why...we won the group. That’s all you can do.

I think the Board have made their position clear.  Levein will get as much time and resources as he wants.  Results are immaterial to the Board.  No other manager interests them.  The lack of changes to the coaching staff suggest Levein's group of coaches hang on too.

I also think the results this year will be better than the last 3 poor years so a lot of the current disquiet will go away.  No trophies again though.

YouLetYourClubDie
5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

It's quite incredible that folk are willing to completely ignore how unbelievable it was that we managed to win a Scottish cup and absolutely dominate Hibs at a time so difficult just to try and make it seem like everything is actually ok now.

Anything goes when it comes to defending Levein and Budge's awful management of the football side of the club.

When Levein first came in he shored up the defence and we went on the long clean sheet run. In hindsight that was down to McLaughlin being different class and Berra being on form. Two shite keepers later one of whom has been rewarded with a new deal!!, we are in panic mode and have drafted in a 23 year old on loan who has hardly played any first team football. Berra is so over the hill now it is frightening but Levein can't see it so we are going to have to suffer him all season.

We are still waiting on wingers who can get to the byline and put a cross in 3 transfer windows later. When did we last get to the byline and cut a ball back?  You need width in Scotland to create chances for your strikers and relying on full backs to provide it is madness at our level and just leaves them exposed. Look at the wingers that our rivals have and compare to us. We have one in Mulraney. Aberdeen absolutely hammered us on the wings culminating in their winning goal. All of our play goes through the middle with Uche chasing lost causes all game. Ross County defence won't have had an easier game all season. 

2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

One question do you go to the games cause it isn’t negativity from most on here 

Watching in real life is simply brutal 

Yes, I go to the games. We actually play some really good football at times and put in some great performances at other times. Just far too inconsistent. We seem to perform best against teams like Celtic and Aberdeen and worst against the Livingston and Hamilton’s of the league. I agree that he has no excuses now for not being competing for 3rd or 4th. Instead of losing my shit if we lose on Friday. I’ll see how we are sitting after 22 games. Comfortably in the top six and well ahead of Hibs is my prediction. If the season is over by Xmas I think Ann Budge will act.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Comfortably in the top six, is this what it's came to ?,these things were a given until Levine's tenure.as for fresh start,had many too many.get him down the road asap

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes, I go to the games. We actually play some really good football at times and put in some great performances at other times. Just far too inconsistent. We seem to perform best against teams like Celtic and Aberdeen and worst against the Livingston and Hamilton’s of the league. I agree that he has no excuses now for not being competing for 3rd or 4th. Instead of losing my shit if we lose on Friday. I’ll see how we are sitting after 22 games. Comfortably in the top six and well ahead of Hibs is my prediction. If the season is over by Xmas I think Ann Budge will act.

Astonishing :rofl: 

chester copperpot

I think this signing window has been one of the best ever for Hearts.

Some top, top quality players brought in for a club of our size.

I worry that Levein isn't the man for the job at getting the best out of them though. I honestly want him to ram it down my neck, but time and time again, I look at the team and think 'That's a cracking team' then we turn in a total shite performance.

Will give him a bit more time, but that time is running out in quick fashion. Please prove me wrong Craig, as I really don't want to end up hating you!

11 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Considering putting my toys back in the pram until we see how these signings pan out.

:interehjrling:

10 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I worry that Levein isn't the man for the job at getting the best out of them though. I honestly want him to ram it down my neck, but time and time again, I look at the team and think 'That's a cracking team' then we turn in a total shite performance.

Will give him a bit more time, but that time is running out in quick fashion. Please prove me wrong Craig, as I really don't want to end up hating you!

Pretty much where I am, now.  Some very good signings have been made.  There are no more excuses.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Excellent. Let’s waste another season.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Excellent. Let’s waste another season.

What impact do you think replacing Levein would have in terms of this season? It would become more of a transition period and the new manager clearly wouldn't have funds to add to the squad. Levein now has a very good squad of players with competition all over the park. It is only fair to see how this new look side can perform. A result tomorrow would be a massive plus for everyone connected to Heart of Midlothian. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What impact do you think replacing Levein would have in terms of this season? It would become more of a transition period and the new manager clearly wouldn't have funds to add to the squad. Levein now has a very good squad of players with competition all over the park. It is only fair to see how this new look side can perform. A result tomorrow would be a massive plus for everyone connected to Heart of Midlothian. 

No offence but our squad last season was probably 4th best in the league and for the majority of the season we were rank rotten. Yes on paper it looks like we've improved massively but if Levein doesn't change his tactics then it doesn't matter who we've signed we'll not play better or improve. If over the next three or four games nothing improves then he needs to go so that we can get someone in who can salvage the season. Waiting till half way through the season if it's not going well is not good for the team or the fans. While waiting for 3 or 4 games would mean that the transfer window is closed it would give a new manager the chance to assess the squad and decide where we might need to strengthen come January, however if we wait till January to replace Levein it doesn't give the incoming manager much time to sort out what's wrong and get players in or out as required. We cannot wait too long to replace Levein if results continue as they have done this year or we'll be in a relegation battle.

10 minutes ago, dougal said:

No offence but our squad last season was probably 4th best in the league and for the majority of the season we were rank rotten. Yes on paper it looks like we've improved massively but if Levein doesn't change his tactics then it doesn't matter who we've signed we'll not play better or improve. If over the next three or four games nothing improves then he needs to go so that we can get someone in who can salvage the season. Waiting till half way through the season if it's not going well is not good for the team or the fans. While waiting for 3 or 4 games would mean that the transfer window is closed it would give a new manager the chance to assess the squad and decide where we might need to strengthen come January, however if we wait till January to replace Levein it doesn't give the incoming manager much time to sort out what's wrong and get players in or out as required. We cannot wait too long to replace Levein if results continue as they have done this year or we'll be in a relegation battle.

Agreed if they hadn't all had surgery and prolonged periods out injured, it would have been. After Celtic we play 4/6 games at Tynecastle, we will know how good this squad is by the end of that run of games. Worth noting that Levein's tactics also had us playing blistering football at the beginning of last season and he also managed to beat Brendan Rodgers Celtic team twice and was the only manager to win twice at Rugby Park. Although we have had a lot of bad, we have also had a lot of good as well. It isn't black nor white. For every Livingston 5-0 we have had a 4-0 over Celtic. For every 1-2 loss to Dundee a 0-1 win at Easter Road. That's why we finished 6th because we were bad and good in almost equal measure. I think Ann Budge will give him until Xmas anyway so probably not much point even debating it. A victory of any kind against Motherwell tomorrow and a performance and victory against Hamilton would be very welcome.

52 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Agreed if they hadn't all had surgery and prolonged periods out injured, it would have been. After Celtic we play 4/6 games at Tynecastle, we will know how good this squad is by the end of that run of games. Worth noting that Levein's tactics also had us playing blistering football at the beginning of last season and he also managed to beat Brendan Rodgers Celtic team twice and was the only manager to win twice at Rugby Park. Although we have had a lot of bad, we have also had a lot of good as well. It isn't black nor white. For every Livingston 5-0 we have had a 4-0 over Celtic. For every 1-2 loss to Dundee a 0-1 win at Easter Road. That's why we finished 6th because we were bad and good in almost equal measure. I think Ann Budge will give him until Xmas anyway so probably not much point even debating it. A victory of any kind against Motherwell tomorrow and a performance and victory against Hamilton would be very welcome.

Absolutely spot on.

Even when injured players came back it was asking a little much for them to hit the ground running but the only way they would get back to full match fitness was by playing matches.

Actually I reckon if things don't go the way CL expects I think he will choose to go before he is pushed and that will be before Xmas

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

All that is irrelevant. It’s nothing to do with signings or wages or Levein or any other aspect. It was a really straightforward point stating that the league position is pretty irrelevant when a cup has been won. I didn’t really care where we finished in 2012 because we won the cup (the fact I had it in my head as 6th proves that). I wouldn’t have cared where we finished last year had we won the cup. I’m sure Hibs fans couldn’t give a  toss where they finished in 2016 either.

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Whoosh

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

1 hour ago, Haken said:

Pretty much where I am, now.  Some very good signings have been made.  There are no more excuses.

Agree with both of these 👍🏻

Is see The Levein Defence League back in action now the dust has settled from last weekends sham.

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

22 games is too long imo. 

As for really good performances and football, I could count on one hand how many games fit that criteria in 2019.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Is see The Levein Defence League back in action now the dust has settled from last weekends sham.

:lol:

annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Very noticeable some vociferous supporters are out in full force since yesterday.

7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Still time to edit, bud, before the real abuse starts !

You’ll thank me later !

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

:bolt:

17 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Yup same old CL fanboys.

38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Absolutely spot on.

Even when injured players came back it was asking a little much for them to hit the ground running but the only way they would get back to full match fitness was by playing matches.

Actually I reckon if things don't go the way CL expects I think he will choose to go before he is pushed and that will be before Xmas

Budge has backed Levein to the hilt with some potentially exciting, and perhaps expensive, new signings.

It’s the last throw of the dice for Levein - if he fails with this squad then he has to go.

I fear with his personality he will need to be pushed.

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Budge has backed Levein to the hilt with some potentially exciting, and perhaps expensive, new signings.

It’s the last throw of the dice for Levein - if he fails with this squad then he has to go.

Is that a fact or just your fervent hope?

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is that a fact or just your fervent hope?

Snippy as usual Al.  👏

15 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I’ve got more of a clue than someone who knows nothing about me jumping up and down in the background packing away at their keyboard crying infiltrator and because I’m defending Sergio’s tenure as a manager over Levein and with another poster

The same Sergio that masterminded a 5-1 masterclass in the SCF to our little vermin neighbours down the road in the same season I am defending him in .. that makes sense right enough

Sorry to cleanse your wee erection that must have popped up but you couldn’t be further from the truth. I’m 40 plus years supporting Hearts so just do one with the mask comments, ok?

It’s a forum, and if you disagree with me debate what I’m saying rather than act like an idiot and try and get personal. Shite patter in all honesty 

Touchy!

Alex Kintner
37 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I agree with all of this apart from the last. I think (hope) that Craig would do the right thing.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

I agree with all of this apart from the last. I think (hope) that Craig would do the right thing.

Levein thinks he is already doing the right thing Frank!

We need a fresh start with a new Manager who will properly manage the excellent resources available at Hearts - as part of that Levein needs to leave Tynecastle altogether - IMO he won’t do that without being pushed.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

All that is irrelevant. It’s nothing to do with signings or wages or Levein or any other aspect. It was a really straightforward point stating that the league position is pretty irrelevant when a cup has been won. I didn’t really care where we finished in 2012 because we won the cup (the fact I had it in my head as 6th proves that). I wouldn’t have cared where we finished last year had we won the cup. I’m sure Hibs fans couldn’t give a  toss where they finished in 2016 either.

There's a bit of truth in that.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

At what point in the season do we judge if he's failed with this squad?

16 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He has been failing for some time - but in light of the new signings I would give him another 6 games at most.

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He has been failing for some time - but in light of the new signings I would give him another 6 games at most.

Then what ?

Serious question.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Levein thinks he is already doing the right thing Frank!

We need a fresh start with a new Manager who will properly manage the excellent resources available at Hearts - as part of that Levein needs to leave Tynecastle altogether - IMO he won’t do that without being pushed.

Perhaps he thinks the same as you and I and that this is his very last chance as manager?

annushorribilis III
39 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He was given a 3 year deal for a reason and  short of getting the club relegated , he'll be in charge until the end of the season. Unfortunately. I'm kinda resigned to what is about to follow but more worrying is what happens after he leaves at the end of the season. 

25 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That’s exactly what “all the Levein fanboys” as you put it, have been saying for weeks. :laugh:

Welcome to the happy clapping Beleveiner fanclub! 

37 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

He was given a 3 year deal for a reason and  short of getting the club relegated , he'll be in charge until the end of the season. Unfortunately. I'm kinda resigned to what is about to follow but more worrying is what happens after he leaves at the end of the season. 

Why would you be worried?

With the new goalkeeper arriving this week he is at least acknowledging the fact 

that position needs freshened up suddenly I feel optimistic for the coming season 

starting with a cup win tomorrow 

5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I would give him another 6 games at most.

So now you’re willing to give him more time....make your mind up Shomato.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic