• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Name the last Scottish manager to get  a Scottish club to the Europa League group stages?

Jimmy Calderwood? 

Sorry you didn’t say get “out a European group stage” ;) 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Apologies he’s been shite since 2005 hope that suffices 

Got a few good jobs since then. Maybe you’re talking nonsense. Just a thought?

Who_put_the_ball_in...
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Got a few good jobs since then. Maybe you’re talking nonsense. Just a thought?

What jobs were a sucess?

Inch Hearts
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

He’s not Scottish.

So you forgot about Calderwood then. 

Phil Dunphy

I don’t think the knives can really be out after tonight. We were the better team, we just couldn’t put the ball in the back of the net. 

Onto Tuesday we go. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

What jobs were a sucess?

Did well at Dundee United. Scotland jobs is an impossible task. England has broken many mangers who have excelled up here. Levein didn’t do anything wrong tonight.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

So you forgot about Calderwood then. 

The point was that Levein has been a great manager at Hearts and could be again.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Did well at Dundee United. Scotland jobs is an impossible task. England has broken many mangers who have excelled up here. Levein didn’t do anything wrong tonight.

He was there for 2 and a half years so in 15 years he has had 2 and a half decent ones. And they didn’t win anything until he left in 2009.

Edited by Who_put_the_ball_in...

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

He was there for 2 and a half years for in 15 years he has had and and a half decent ones. And they didn’t win anything until he left in 2009.

Did you type that with your forehead?

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The point was that Levein has been a great manager at Hearts and could be again.

He was a very good manager before he walked out.  Nothing he’s done in the past two years has suggested anywhere near that level again.  

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

He was a very good manager before he walked out.  Nothing he’s done in the past two years has suggested anywhere near that level again.  

He’s done pretty well in the cups and the Edinburgh derby and the games against Celtic at Tynecastle. He has built a very decent squad and the young players are starting to flourish. We live in a disposable age. Folk will have a phone, car or wife for a couple of years. They then want to trade up. Folk need to settle themselves down and support the team. 

Inch Hearts
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

He’s done pretty well in the cups and the Edinburgh derby and the games against Celtic at Tynecastle. He has built a very decent squad and the young players are starting to flourish. We live in a disposable age. Folk will have a phone, car or wife for a couple of years. They then want to trade up. Folk need to settle themselves down and support the team. 

I would agree with the last part and the first part.  The rest is irrelevant because he’s finished 6th twice and won nothing.  No Europe like last time, no massive derby wins like last time and nowhere near third like last time.  There’s no indications that it is coming anytime soon either. I genuinely believe we could get a better head coach with Craig Levein being an amazing academy director as I feel he has the passion for that these days like he did as a manager before.  A little like how Strachan has went also.  

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I would agree with the last part and the first part.  The rest is irrelevant because he’s finished 6th twice and won nothing.  No Europe like last time, no massive derby wins like last time and nowhere near third like last time.  There’s no indications that it is coming anytime soon either. I genuinely believe we could get a better head coach with Craig Levein being an amazing academy director as I feel he has the passion for that these days like he did as a manager before.  A little like how Strachan has went also.  

We’re probably only two season away from being able to play 5 or 6 academy kids in the starting line up. I think Levein should be given another year at least. He will be ... it’s an irrelevant, circular argument. How about supporting the team and enjoying the performances of players like Hickey and Irving!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Jimmy Calderwood? 

Sorry you didn’t say get “out a European group stage” ;) 

Tango man had a great European run that season. Sacked the next season mind you. Does that mean he was a good manager one season and shite one the next?

HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie

Some positives to be taken from tonight... Walker, Hickey, Irving and the penalties but embarrssing we even had to rely on penalties. 

Alex Kintner
18 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

He was there for 2 and a half years so in 15 years he has had 2 and a half decent ones. And they didn’t win anything until he left in 2009.

tenor.gif?itemid=4954365

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

Some positives to be taken from tonight... Walker, Hickey, Irving and the penalties but embarrassing we even had to rely on penalties. 

:cornette:

Who_put_the_ball_in...
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4954365

My last ounce of optimism crushed on the 12th of July 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Bump.

There''s a new dance that is going around
Called the Bump
do the Bump
You can do it to the rhythm of that rock ''n'roll sound
It''s the Bump
do the Bump
Hey
hey hideho here we go
nice and slow
Hey
hey hidehi standing by your baby''s side
Hey
hey hidehe count it out along with me ....

Well, I’m pleased with that tonight 

Levein was correct in his post match summation. The one thing that he could be critical about was our prolifegy in front of goal. That said, if we took our chances we would have been out of sight and that is the most pleasing thing 

I have said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s all about the performances. If we play well and create chances throughout a game we will win more than we will lose 

thought the young lads especially hickey looked good tonight (this boy is going to be some player btw!) and if he keeps progressing the way he is .... 

onward and upward. We moved the ball much faster as well all over the pitch. Pleasing 

big Uche ... dearie me. He needs to look up and not just charge around the pitch. Thought he was poor overall but everyone else did their part.

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Foxtrot Lima Oscar Foxtrot Bravo Yankee Delta.

Bravo Oscar Tango Charlie 👍🏻

30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

6th last season 6th the season before so any Hearts manager with that record should have been emptied 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, bighalders said:

6th last season 6th the season before so any Hearts manager with that record should have been emptied 

See when you see the likes of Irving and hickey coming through to add to the likes of Cochrane, Smith, McDonald etc you can see that long term we doing right thing 

Who_put_the_ball_in...
3 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Correct anyone else who have been gone. Robbie was forced out for loosing a cup tie whilst sitting 2nd in the league 

4 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Correct anyone else who have been gone. Robbie was forced out for loosing a cup tie whilst sitting 2nd in the league 

73 posts. Can't spell. Hobo

Who_put_the_ball_in...
3 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

73 posts. Can't spell. Hobo

Never had a manager you didn’t rate?

Just now, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Never had a manager you didn’t rate?

Yeah plenty. What about you. Fenlon, Calderwood, Alex Miller, Butcher.  Plenty to choose from. 

Inch Hearts
34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Tango man had a great European run that season. Sacked the next season mind you. Does that mean he was a good manager one season and shite one the next?

I’ve no idea.  I was only answering the question. He got sacked after European qualification once again mind you, something major far away from hearts at this time. 

Who_put_the_ball_in...
Just now, Jocam2325 said:

Yeah plenty. What about you. Fenlon, Calderwood, Alex Miller, Butcher.  Plenty to choose from. 

So Levein in exempt from criticism and if you do your a hobo? Seriously grow up.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
Just now, busby1985 said:

Not won in 9.......

Shh they will claim your a Hobo

Inch Hearts
42 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We’re probably only two season away from being able to play 5 or 6 academy kids in the starting line up. I think Levein should be given another year at least. He will be ... it’s an irrelevant, circular argument. How about supporting the team and enjoying the performances of players like Hickey and Irving!

I already agreed with the supporting the team and enjoying the youngsters mate.  A better head coach could get better from the team though.  It’s allowed to want more in the team. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I’ve no idea.  I was only answering the question. He got sacked after European qualification once again mind you, something major far away from hearts at this time. 

It is July.  

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Not won in 9.......

Won tonight, on pens ....................

I’d love to be more optimistic but i’m just not. I got tired of the ‘coulda, woulda, shoulda’ excuses a long time ago. We dominated possession, struggled to create chances and were lucky not to lose it late on.  If you see that as a win fair enough but for me it’s a draw against a team that can’t make it out of the championship. It’s goals that win games and just like last season, god only knows where they’re coming from. 

Alex Kintner

Here’s a fact: had we brought in a new manager during the summer then everyone would have been raving about that performance tonight and the contrast with Levein’s boring tactics. :whistling:

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, bighalders said:

We play in three competitions. Think about it. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

About 9 months away to be precise.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Here’s a fact: had we brought in a new manager during the summer then everyone would have been raving about that performance tonight and the contrast with Levein’s boring tactics. :whistling:

aye rave about drawing with a Championship Team.Are you Craig Leveins brother or best mate?

Edited by Who_put_the_ball_in...

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Correct. We’d all be cumming in our pants at drawing 1-1 at home to a Championship team.  Absolute fact.

12 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

So Levein in exempt from criticism and if you do your a hobo? Seriously grow up.

No he isn't exempt from criticism and if you cared to look I criticised him plenty last season.  Quite grown up here. You jump on the bandwagon though.

Fozzyonthefence
26 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We play in three competitions. Think about it. 

What did we win in the other two?  Who did we beat?

I like CL but back to back 6th place finishes for HMFC is an abject failure and should result in sacking, there’s no room for sentiment, good Hearts man or not.

1 hour ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

You obviously were not around during his first spell in charge. 

Edited by soonbe110

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What did we win in the other two?  Who did we beat?

I like CL but back to back 6th place finishes for HMFC is an abject failure and should result in sacking, there’s no room for sentiment, good Hearts man or not.

What did anyone else win? Celtic have won everything for years now! We did very well in the League Cup and excellently in the Scottish Cup. We didn’t manage the exceptional but we performed better than a much better financed Rangers squad in both competitions. Hearts managers don’t get sacked for finishing 6th!

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic