Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Don't hate Levein at all.  He is just not doing his job properly that is all.  If you are happy to write off yet another season just keep happy clapping along.

Happy Clapping.................:lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

He will be here for the start of the season. 

Bugger. Ach well. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Can you be an unhappy clapper? I quite often find myself clapping and swearing “Come on sort this ****kng out” 

Has to be a decent first half of the season to placate the naysayers. 

Plenty people banging on about there being progress last year, so let’s see some more. That can be in the guise of a few things, an easier on the eye team to watch, more goals and ultimately improvement on results.  

Results are king but are borne out of consistency. Slight worry is CL saying performances don’t matter. 

I reckon CL will be here for the whole season, and the next, and the next, and the next, and the next. Football is just a game after all, so as long as we're all enjoying ourselves I don't see a problem. Infact we're lucky to have him, and we're lucky to have a club at all. There aren't many clubs out there with a footballing genius for a manager, so you can stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Has to be a decent first half of the season to placate the naysayers. 

Plenty people banging on about there being progress last year, so let’s see some more. That can be in the guise of a few things, an easier on the eye team to watch, more goals and ultimately improvement on results.  

Results are king but are borne out of consistency. Slight worry is CL saying performances don’t matter. 

He is right in the sense that I imagine most fans value results over performances though it’s typically hard to get one without the other. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

I reckon CL will be here for the whole season, and the next, and the next, and the next, and the next. Football is just a game after all, so as long as we're all enjoying ourselves I don't see a problem. Infact we're lucky to have him, and we're lucky to have a club at all. There aren't many clubs out there with a footballing genius for a manager, so you can stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

I doubt he will be. 

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can you be an unhappy clapper? I quite often find myself clapping and swearing “Come on sort this ****kng out” 

Unhappy clappers are forbidden. Don't confuse the issue here please!!

31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He is right in the sense that I imagine most fans value results over performances though it’s typically hard to get one without the other. 

Aye.  He said that comment in the middle of our poor run. 

You can get away saying those things if a team on a good run suddenly puts in a dodgy performance while still winning.  

Surely you have to sort out performances to gain momentum?

Saying those things during a bad run doesn’t put a good message across to the players either.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye.  He said that comment in the middle of our poor run. 

You can get away saying those things if a team on a good run suddenly puts in a dodgy performance while still winning.  

Surely you have to sort out performances to gain momentum?

Saying those things during a bad run doesn’t put a good message across to the players either.  

The worst comment this season was “we can play well when we feel like it” or words to that effect.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Great bump. 

You could have let it drift back down...

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You just bumped it back up?

Top man. 

Ill be replying to everything. 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You just bumped it back up?

Top man. 

Ill be replying to everything. 

*bump*

4 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Doing everything to protect your “deep under cover” status.

Its not working.

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Doing everything to protect your “deep under cover” status.

Its not working.

No really, I've gone over to the other side, I think 6th place is great, really I do. We've done it 2 years in a row as well, which is even more awesome than any of us could have ever imagined. 

12 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

No really, I've gone over to the other side, I think 6th place is great, really I do. We've done it 2 years in a row as well, which is even more awesome than any of us could have ever imagined. 

Good man.

New you had it in you.

15 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

That’s the very spirit. :thumbsup:

It should have been ten
10 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Don't hate Levein at all.  He is just not doing his job properly that is all.  If you are happy to write off yet another season just keep happy clapping along.

Take a day off :sleeping2:

been here before
5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Im a bit bevved this evening but I remember that song being slower. Cool though... "I wanted her to be a big PM Dawn fan"...

Phil Dunphy

Still don’t think he’s the right man to take us forward. 

Would have preferred a new manager be in already. But here we are. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Still don’t think he’s the right man to take us forward. 

Would have preferred a new manager be in already. But here we are. 

My feeling also. 

However, we are here, and we either back it or don't. The latter's simply not an option so I'm hoping my reservations will be blown out the water by CL and I'll be delighted if so. 

I've had my say over the last few weeks, many of us have, but I think it's time to let it go, both sides, and move forward. 

:flagwave:

colinmaroon
8 hours ago, martoon said:

My feeling also. 

However, we are here, and we either back it or don't. The latter's simply not an option so I'm hoping my reservations will be blown out the water by CL and I'll be delighted if so. 

I've had my say over the last few weeks, many of us have, but I think it's time to let it go, both sides, and move forward. 

:flagwave:

A worthy post but, dream on!

Fail to win against Dundee United on the 12th and he won’t see August. That’s just my gut feeling. 

Like many have said, I would have preferred a new manager but it is what it is, so he has my backing for now. 

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Fail to win against Dundee United on the 12th and he won’t see August. That’s just my gut feeling. 

Like many have said, I would have preferred a new manager but it is what it is, so he has my backing for now. 

A must-win game on the 12th of July? Christ.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A must-win game on the 12th of July? Christ.

Sad I know. Do you disagree? 

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

A worthy post but, dream on!

You may say I'm a dreamer, colin, but I'm not the only one. 

Forever Hearts
32 minutes ago, martoon said:

You may say I'm a dreamer, colin, but I'm not the only one. 

Levein's popularity is going up and down like a Yoko. 

Guest ToqueJambo
42 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Sad I know. Do you disagree? 

Yes of course. If that was a possibility in the mind of Budge, sack him now.

15 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Levein's popularity is going up and down like a Yoko. 

Ono it isn't. 

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes of course. If that was a possibility in the mind of Budge, sack him now.

He should’ve been sacked after the cup final/end of the season, actual not sacked but moved back up stairs. Can you imagine how poisonous tynie will be if we lose to Dundee United in the cup, will be Cathro/Dunfermline esq. 

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He should’ve been sacked after the cup final/end of the season, actual not sacked but moved back up stairs. Can you imagine how poisonous tynie will be if we lose to Dundee United in the cup, will be Cathro/Dunfermline esq. 

Excuse me if I don't pish my breeks over summer at the thought of playing D Utd in a LC group match.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Excuse me if I don't pish my breeks over summer at the thought of playing D Utd in a LC group match.

Stick your head in the sand if you like but with the fans split down the middle on Levein the Dundee United game becomes a must win for him. Not in terms of him losing his job but to get the fans who want him punted back on side. 

i wish jj was my dad
40 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Stick your head in the sand if you like but with the fans split down the middle on Levein the Dundee United game becomes a must win for him. Not in terms of him losing his job but to get the fans who want him punted back on side. 

So if we win does that mean 100% of fans are back onside? Or is that how it is going to be until we lose a game? 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

So if we win does that mean 100% of fans are back onside? Or is that how it is going to be until we lose a game? 

Not 100% but a good win & performance in the first game of a new season with some new signings would give everybody a lift and keep the boo boys (I was/am one) off his back. 

Finlay James

Car crash of a thread.  

Mods, close down, time everyone started supporting the club instead of desperately trying to find reasons not to

1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

Car crash of a thread.  

Mods, close down, time everyone started supporting the club instead of desperately trying to find reasons not to

Don't be silly. You need to bill each game as "must win" knowing that we will lose one eventually and then you can wade in with your size 9's. Its a tried and trusted tactic on here.

Its also childish and pathetic beyond belief ?

Finlay James
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Don't be silly. You need to bill each game as "must win" knowing that we will lose one eventually and then you can wade in with your size 9's. Its a tried and trusted tactic on here.

In fact you're right mate, keep it open.  We can add it to the JKB bloopers reel ?

i wish jj was my dad
13 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Not at all. It really is Interesting to understand how some people view the concept of supporting the club.

There is no doubt that "Must Win" is hyperbole but let's not pretend he doesn't need to get out the blocks quickly this season. Against the backdrop of an abysmal 6 months if there are signs the team remain in the same shape as last season then it will become very uncomfortable very quickly.  

14 minutes ago, bistokid said:

There is no doubt that "Must Win" is hyperbole but let's not pretend he doesn't need to get out the blocks quickly this season. Against the backdrop of an abysmal 6 months if there are signs the team remain in the same shape as last season then it will become very uncomfortable very quickly.  

It’s amazing to think that people have somehow forgotten that we finished 6th, and 6th the season previous under this manager. The same people are now saying they aren’t going to be bothered that in our first competitive game of the season we lose to a championship side, at home. Levein will have to start the season in a similar fashion to last season, preferably without having to beat Raith on pens, score 5 against caley to ensure we get out the group stage of the league cup, or the pressure will be huge. Lose against Dundee United, at home, and I think we will see a very similar reaction to the one Cathro got after Dunfermline. If we lose, that will be 9 without a win for Levein. “Must win” is hyperbole but the United game is as close to must win as you get. IMO. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Car crash of a thread.  

I'm sure the mods will know when and when not to close a thread without your input. 

12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It’s amazing to think that people have somehow forgotten that we finished 6th, and 6th the season previous under this manager. The same people are now saying they aren’t going to be bothered that in our first competitive game of the season we lose to a championship side, at home. Levein will have to start the season in a similar fashion to last season, preferably without having to beat Raith on pens, score 5 against caley to ensure we get out the group stage of the league cup, or the pressure will be huge. Lose against Dundee United, at home, and I think we will see a very similar reaction to the one Cathro got after Dunfermline. If we lose, that will be 9 without a win for Levein. “Must win” is hyperbole but the United game is as close to must win as you get. IMO. 

Jesus wept ??????

You might as well have typed " i hope we get beat by Dundee Utd so i can boo and demand Levein out"

Utter drivel.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Whatever said:

He should be given the season.

As long as he wants.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic