• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, SectionN said:

Her blind faith in Levein is holding the club back. 

But she doesn't 

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, SectionN said:

Her blind faith in Levein is holding the club back. 

She doesn’t have “blind faith” in anyone. She just happens to believe he’s doing a better job than you do.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

But she doesn't 

She seems to believe he’s doing a great job when our current form is more like a team in a relegation battle.

Just now, SectionN said:

She seems to believe he’s doing a great job when our current form is more like a team in a relegation battle.

Its akin to The Emperor’s New Clothes...Ann telling us a Craig is doing a good job.

August Landmesser
51 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

No ones sayin she should’ve. She was asked if he was bulletproof. She said no. She could’ve left it at that, but to volunteer her views that we don’t give managers enough time was a bit gutting. 

She's right though. He's only had 18 months. No sense ripping everything up and starting again every season, that just creates massive instability. And this club has seen quite enough instability for me, thanks.

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

She's right though. He's only had 18 months. No sense ripping everything up and starting again every season, that just creates massive instability. And this club has seen quite enough instability for me, thanks.

When does stability become lack of progress?  

Its a very close thing. If stability is being mid table, safe, too many mediocre players and and an imbalanced squad, im not sure the stability we interpret is great.

Edited by Debut 4

Enzo Chiefo

Ultimately the fans will decide what happens to him, not AB or CL as was the case with Cathro. If he presides over a hammering next week, i think the fans will leave him in no doubt what his next move will be. On the day and in terms of ST sales. Hanging on to Levein in a deluded belief that his stubborn personality and footballing philosophy will "turn things around" would be another huge mistake on her part. I think her comments are just window dressing,ahead of an important game next week, and she is probably well aware that she will have to make the change.

Bull's-eye

It seems to be sinking in at last.

He's staying, now cut the Shit and back the team ya torn pussed arseholes.

????

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

It seems to be sinking in at last.

He's staying, now cut the Shit and back the team ya torn pussed arseholes.

????

?

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

When does stability become lack of progress?  

Its a very close thing. If stability is being mid table, safe, too many mediocre players and and an imbalanced squad, im not sure the stability we interpret is great.

If by 'mediocre' you mean 'long-term injured' and by 'lack of progress' you mean 'a cup semifinal and a cup final (and possibly a Scottish Cup win)', then yep. You're spot on.

Hackney Hearts
35 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I'm sure Mr Cathro believes he could have turned things around. 

The difference  - apart from results being worse - was that Cathro had lost the dressing room (if he ever had it).

CL still has the respect of the players (apart from Vanacek perhaps...).

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I am always amazed by the confidence (arrogance?) displayed by so many people in football. Every manager seems to think they  can turn things around, even Cathro I would suspect. I have said it before; if Stockton had scored that late chance against Dunfermline goodness knows how much longer we would have had Cathro for...

There are skilled players and managers at all levels, it's mentality and unshakeable self belief (and good fortune of course) that really make the difference for most. 

davemclaren

It’s amazing how everyone gets a different message from the same interview. Perception is everything. ?

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Can you please detail the ‘significant improvement in the quality of signings’ for me?

Halkett ‘could’ be a great signing, the rest...extremely scattergun, as our signings have been for quite some time (some decent, quite a lot of average players, and some complete shockers).

We all want the team to be successful...and I’ve noted previously I wanted Craig to get the chance to win the cup final before moving on, but personally I strongly believe we need a fresh approach.

But who knows, maybe Craig will turn it all around and will start playing attractive, but successful attacking football...however I’m extremely sceptical.

The fact that players signed in the summer transfer window have already had their deals extended plus the fact that we’ve extended the deals of Souttar, Berra and Smith is clear evidence that the signings have been better. You must see that signing players like Naismith, Berra and Lafferty constitutes a vast improvement? We currently only need to add a couple of players and get everyone fit. Folk seem completely oblivious to the need for a diversified signing policy. We will sign players who are almost guaranteed to succeed such as those mentioned above. We will also sign development players such as Wighton, Mulraney and Burns. Some will work. Some won’t. You only need to look at the money spent by Manchester United since Ferguson left to see how hard it is to succeed in the transfer market for the worlds richest clubs. A bit of common sense tells you that it is much much harder for teams at our level.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, SectionN said:

What were you expecting her to say?

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

Well mediocrity is set to reign for some time. She thinks Levein is doing a good job.

And with that interview she has just saved me the best part of 400 quid on a season ticket.

Cheers Ann hen, doing my bank balance the power these days! Nice wee break in Seville planned on strength of the dough saved.??

thewiseone

There is no such thing as stability! You are either progressing or regressing!

More time, more time, give him more time! Bull, it's nothing to do with time, the time is now, Hearts were on a crest of a wave 3 years ago and have failed to maintain forward movement, this comes down to the lack of inspiration and motivation within the playing side. Injury is merely a reflection of players playing with too much pressure, not enough belief or direction in what they are trying to do, Dress it up any way you want the style and performance speaks volumes!

old school tie

AB has just made up my mind for me. My season ticket money is staying in the bank.

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

And with that interview she has just saved me the best part of 400 quid on a season ticket.

Cheers Ann hen, doing my bank balance the power these days! Nice wee break in Seville planned on strength of the dough saved.??

You are surely not trying to say you based your decision on that interview.

You have been saying for months you were not renewing.

Assuming you even had a ST in the first place.

i wish jj was my dad
10 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

What would you have liked her to say on national tv one week before a cup final? 

23 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

If by 'mediocre' you mean 'long-term injured' and by 'lack of progress' you mean 'a cup semifinal and a cup final (and possibly a Scottish Cup win)', then yep. You're spot on.

Yes, it’s fantastic to be in a Final. Not going to go over the ins and outs again though. Done to death. 

Finishing 6th, poor standard of play and winning less than double figures league games since October while hardly scoring goals, is a more accurate measure of where we are. 

26 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The fact that players signed in the summer transfer window have already had their deals extended plus the fact that we’ve extended the deals of Souttar, Berra and Smith is clear evidence that the signings have been better. You must see that signing players like Naismith, Berra and Lafferty constitutes a vast improvement? We currently only need to add a couple of players and get everyone fit. Folk seem completely oblivious to the need for a diversified signing policy. We will sign players who are almost guaranteed to succeed such as those mentioned above. We will also sign development players such as Wighton, Mulraney and Burns. Some will work. Some won’t. You only need to look at the money spent by Manchester United since Ferguson left to see how hard it is to succeed in the transfer market for the worlds richest clubs. A bit of common sense tells you that it is much much harder for teams at our level.

You appear to be counting players we already have re-signing as proof our signings are significantly improving?!

We have absolutely no creativity in midfield...for two seasons now.

Our strikeforce is completely and utterly reliant on one players fitness...without Naismith, we’re toothless.

We only have one player with any sort of pace (Mulraney).

For every good signing you have noted (Naismith, Berra, Lafferty)...you stated our signings have significantly improved, how many players have we signed since the three you noted joined us (one of which subsequently left)?

It must be at least 13-15 players (looks like about 17)...how many of those show this ‘significant improvement’ you see in our signings?

Zlamal - decent

Doyle - poor

Shaughnessy - average

Garuccio - average

Dikamona - ok

White - no idea, as yet to play

Haring - decent

Bozanic - average/ok

Lee - average/ok

Burns - average, but only young

Edwards - not played enough yet to form an opinion

Clare - ok, but seems to be underperforming

Mulraney - has potential

Wighton - poor, but only young

MacLean - poor

ikpeazu - decent, but seriously needs help/can’t do it all on his own

Vanacek - been hung out to dry, not played enough to form an opinion

So yeah, completely disagree our signings have ‘significantly improved’ I’m afraid.

But Halkett for next season is promising...so maybe things will turn around with another couple of players like that.

Edited by Deviskan

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Was anything other than Levein discussed? Stadium plans, positive club developments ?

They barely discussed Levein. With this being JKB however, every single thread HAS to be taken down that route. I think it’s one of the forum rules.

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

They barely discussed Levein. With this being JKB however, every single thread HAS to be taken down that route. I think it’s one of the forum rules.

:D I was hoping to open this thread up and read about further plans for the club. More fool me!

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

I am always amazed by the confidence (arrogance?) displayed by so many people in football. Every manager seems to think they  can turn things around, even Cathro I would suspect. I have said it before; if Stockton had scored that late chance against Dunfermline goodness knows how much longer we would have had Cathro for...

True.  One thing Cathro didn't lack was belief, although it always struck me more as arrogance.  It's like he thought we were all idiots and should have been grateful to have him.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It was the crunch bit of the interview, and I didn't expect it on an English TV programme. It is an excellent interview, she says she was on her yaucht when she heard we were in administration and had to save us emotionally, also has clips of the changing room which is interesting and is apparently massive. To the other poster it's worth watching

1 minute ago, OTT said:

:D I was hoping to open this thread up and read about further plans for the club. More fool me!

Brief bit about her role at the club, administration and building us back up. Bit about the Cup Final and making preparations in case we win the thing. Then one question about is Levein bulletproof. 

Stephane Grappelli
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Brief bit about her role at the club, administration and building us back up. Bit about the Cup Final and making preparations in case we win the thing. Then one question about is Levein bulletproof. 

One guy who literally is bulletproof is Batfink.  That wee *****'s wings are like a shield of steel.

Just now, Stephane Grappelli said:

One guy who literally is bulletproof is Batfink.  That wee *****'s wings are like a shield of steel.

That was my favourite part of the interview. 

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

To be fair mate they barely discussed ANYTHING though did they? A five minute piece telling us all how she got involved once the club went into admin, followed by a couple of shots of the inside of the new changing rooms, then the question about Levein. Ended with a wee quip about having to liaise with the council re road closures in the event of us winning the cup. 

Im far from a Levein hater, and you’re right, this place can be brutal sometimes. But in respect of that piece today, there is literally **** all else to talk about other than her views on Levein. 

Its the first indication we've been given, either way, regarding coaching staff next year. It’s definitely worth discussing. 

1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

To be fair mate they barely discussed ANYTHING though did they? A five minute piece telling us all how she got involved once the club went into admin, followed by a couple of shots of the inside of the new changing rooms, then the question about Levein. Ended with a wee quip about having to liaise with the council re road closures in the event of us winning the cup. 

Im far from a Levein hater, and you’re right, this place can be brutal sometimes. But in respect of that piece today, there is literally **** all else to talk about other than her views on Levein. 

Its the first indication we've been given, either way, regarding coaching staff next year. It’s definitely worth discussing. 

No, you make a fair point mate. It’s reasonable on this occasion. It’s virtually every other thread in the Terrace that gets dragged on to that topic that is harder to suffer your way through.

It’s done to death though. Gets to the point where you just stop bothering. Having a forum of hundreds/thousands of people and only having one topic discussed.

If the interview was a bit longer it might have given us more to discuss, I suppose.

She was hardly going to slate him. What's worrying is I think she genuinely believes he is doing a good job.

Would have been better saying something along the lines of: 'craig knows as well as anyone that our league performances over the last couple of years have been poorer than expected but we both believe we are moving in the right direction. We are in a national cup final next weekend as evidence of that and we hope to see that continue next year.'

Just now, Taffin said:

She was hardly going to slate him. What's worrying is I think she genuinely believes he is doing a good job.

Would have been better saying something along the lines of: 'craig knows as well as anyone that our league performances over the last couple of years have been poorer than expected but we both believe we are moving in the right direction. We are in a national cup final next weekend as evidence of that and we hope to see that continue next year.'

Exactly...

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

True.  One thing Cathro didn't lack was belief, although it always struck me more as arrogance.  It's like he thought we were all idiots and should have been grateful to have him.

Don't think you can lack it as a manager. Cathro was a clever man (we got Rafa and Nuno rolled into one at times) but an untrustworthy one, and I'm of the belief like you he thought he was too good for us and probably said the same thing to the players 'get a good move etc' 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I think the narrative. In a cup final with a shit hot stadium 5 years from the doors being closed is far more interesting as a discussion 

Brave Hearts
17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Was anything other than Levein discussed? Stadium plans, positive club developments ?

Plenty other subjects covered !!

Folk on here might just want all interviews to be Budge talking about Levein.

But this article was about us reaching next weeks Cup Final.

It was being broadcast to UK audience in middle of show about English Cup Final.

It went back to FoH, Budge and Bryan Jackson days then through the new stand construction. Also showing home dressing room construction.

And the 21st anniversary of 1998 !!

Was a high level recent history and achievements of our club from being saved to new stand build to reaching Scottish Cup Final.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Her response was hardly emphatic. No person with that level of responsibility in that sort of interview is going to say any different. Worthless from looking for clues.

Nice piece about our club rising from the ashes and as per usual the negative is chased down 

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I agree with her. Managers don’t get enough time in the modern era.

How long did the DoF give Cathro with a virtually identical win ratio to his own ? 

1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

How long did the DoF give Cathro with a virtually identical win ratio to his own ? 

I believe he wanted to give him longer, but his hand was forced. At least that was the impression I got at the time.

Fort Vallance
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I believe he wanted to give him longer, but his hand was forced. At least that was the impression I got at the time.

Not sure who would have forced his hand. He was in charge of football operations. For what its worth if he had a DoF above him now I reckon he would have been sacked. 

3 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

The decision was made by the fans to be fair. The vitriol and anger directed at the directors left them in no doubt after the Dunfermline game. 

If we get heavily defeated in our next two games the fans may again be unforgiving the only saving grace is both games are away from Tynecastle. The anger may not be heard this time.

Just now, Fort Vallance said:

Not sure who would have forced his hand. He was in charge of football operations. For what its worth if he had a DoF above him now I reckon he would have been sacked. 

It was suggested at the time, that Budge basically forced his hand. Who knows though.

Cathro never took us to a League Cup semi, a Scottish Cup Final and an 11 game unbeaten run though. 

2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

“Do I think Craig is bullet proof? Absolutely  not. But do I think we don’t give our managers enough time to get things right? Absolutely”. 

Must admit, that was a bit disappointing for me to hear that. I like Levein as a guy, but genuinely hoped for changes next season. Seems not tho... 

She said Scottish football is too quick to sack managers. She is right. Dundee, St.Mirren  and Falkirk prove the point this season. Clubs up here don’t allow managers to build a base then progress. Needs to be fast progress immediately. 

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

You are surely not trying to say you based your decision on that interview.

You have been saying for months you were not renewing.

Assuming you even had a ST in the first place.

Had 1 when we were in Div 1 back in the 80s, & for about 18 odd years on the jog recently mate. Didn't bother last season & won't bother next either.

Now, go get a wee hanky to wipe away the tears spilling onto your Annie Budge pillowcase, there's a good fellow. :laugh2:

Edited by Nelly Terraces

Bull's-eye
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

She said Scottish football is too quick to sack managers. She is right. Dundee, St.Mirren  and Falkirk prove the point this season. Clubs up here don’t allow managers to build a base then progress. Needs to be fast progress immediately. 

It's sometimes not Chairman's or owners fault, most don't have the balls to ignore the idiots howling at the moon and stick with the strategy they where sold when they employed the same manager. 

The idiots watch English Football and think our league must trot along following the same route. Clueless. 

Anyway, Mrs Budge knows what's going on and for those idiots that think this is the first real sign that Mr Levein is staying, deary me.....

Enjoy Saturday afternoons shopping next season chaps. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Stoke Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough other examples of management changed and going backwards. 

Sometimes circumstances take longer to work through and benefit from a long term approach 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Stoke Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough other examples of management changed and going backwards. 

Sometimes circumstances take longer to work through and benefit from a long term approach 

I’d agree, if there were signs in the style of football being played.

However, for the past few years...with the only constant being Craig, our football has been pedestrian/dire (apart from a couple of occasions).

I’d love for someone from the management team to explain why we’ve never been set up/played like we did in the 4-0 Celtic game again?!

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No, you make a fair point mate. It’s reasonable on this occasion. It’s virtually every other thread in the Terrace that gets dragged on to that topic that is harder to suffer your way through.

It’s done to death though. Gets to the point where you just stop bothering. Having a forum of hundreds/thousands of people and only having one topic discussed.

If the interview was a bit longer it might have given us more to discuss, I suppose.

Couldn’t agree more ????

Edited by Mr Sifter

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic