• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

53 minutes ago, redjambo said:

"squad". So a paranoid old man too. ?

Any comments I write are mine alone. The "squad" is just evidence that multiple people have different viewpoints to your own - yes, that can happen. Or is only one person allowed to argue for or against a particular topic?

Levein will probably be gone soon enough anyway. If you're an old man, and have supported Hearts for a long time, your "extremely twisted and bitter" nature is quite surprising. We've been through much poorer patches than this, or have you forgotten that?

Not at the age that I’ve forgotten stuff but I’ve found the current situation brutal. I’m completely consumed with bitterness about Levein. Not a good thing I know. Travel home and away every week and it’s as bad as it’s been. He should’ve done the honorable thing by now. 

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Our injury list this year has been abysmal.

HOUSE! You're todays winner of 'Excuse Bingo'. Pick a prize!

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Well here's hoping we can sort things out, we can agree about that.

Absolutely. I just hope the job of sorting things out isn't entrusted to Craig Levein. 

2 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Not at the age that I’ve forgotten stuff but I’ve found the current situation brutal. I’m completely consumed with bitterness about Levein. Not a good thing I know. Travel home and away every week and it’s as bad as it’s been. He should’ve done the honorable thing by now. 

I don't know how Craig's mind works at all, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he doesn't want to relinquish the manager's spot because he feels that he would be letting the side down if he did, that the honourable choice is in fact to stay and sort it out. Also, he probably feels that with a fresh season, non-blighted by injuries, he might be able to turn our fortunes around. He's just human. After the cup final is out of the way (with a sneaky win for us, hopefully ;)), I hope he stands back and considers what is best for the club. If he realistically can't bring anything fresh to the table, that will produce a marked improvement in our play, then he needs to stand down and we need to get someone in who will give us a chance of doing so. Remember though that a change in management will not necessarily produce the improvement we want to see - unless we get in an internationally-acclaimed coach, which we can't afford to do, it will always be a gamble.

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What's on offer?

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What's on offer?

One slightly soiled Czech striker with rumoured over indulgence issues, wages subsidised until June 2020... 

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

One slightly soiled Czech striker with rumoured over indulgence issues, wages subsidised until June 2020... 

??

21 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

There are multiple winners!!! ?

BOBTHEBRUCE
6 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Er, I'm no fan of Levein but isn't there more to this story?

Various rumours going about but you're not allowed to discuss it on here. 

7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Ah, I thought it might be a bottle of whisky or a box of chocolates. Bingo is not what it used to be.

Just now, redjambo said:

Ah, I thought it might be a bottle of whisky or a box of chocolates. Bingo is not what it used to be.

He's had both of those I'm afraid

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think watching Hearts for any length of time is likely to turn anyone into a bitter and twisted old man, or is just me ??‍♂️?

It's not just you, but if anyone can't handle disappointment, they shouldn't be a Hearts supporter.

As has been pointed out several times, over the years there have been many Hearts' squads worst than the current one.

rick witter
3 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

If we win the cup Levein deserve next season for his victory retirement tour without a doubt. 

And waste another season in 5th or 6th place. 

Win the cup or not this Has to be his last season in charge if we want to get better and more consistent on the park. 

Forever Hearts
34 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What's on offer?

A Saturday afternoon shopping with Sammon and Martin. Pick up is 3pm. 

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's not just you, but if anyone can't handle disappointment, they shouldn't be a Hearts supporter.

As has been pointed out several times, over the years there have been many Hearts' squads worst than the current one.

So we just roll over and accept being crap? 

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Why not?

Maple Leaf
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No. We should always be looking to improve.

Maple Leaf
24 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Why not?

Why not indeed.  Fans can discuss anything they want as long as they post within the published rules.

45 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't know how Craig's mind works at all, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he doesn't want to relinquish the manager's spot because he feels that he would be letting the side down if he did, that the honourable choice is in fact to stay and sort it out. Also, he probably feels that with a fresh season, non-blighted by injuries, he might be able to turn our fortunes around. He's just human. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Never. But there's no place for abusing Craig or anyone else at the club. We make our views known, vociferously, but without the invective . Also, in general, we have to remain realistic about what we can attain with the resources we have. And no, that doesn't excuse where we are now, but realistically, financially, we should be in the top 5 and hitting roughly one semi-final a year. We need to improve, that is certain, but coming 6th isn't the end of the world, it's just a bad season. Of course, that doesn't take into account the quality of the football we actually see on the park...

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Au contraire. Watching Hearts for a long time makes you realise that we have ups and downs, and it is supporting Hearts itself, and being part of the Hearts family, that is the key and far more important than any bad run we are going through. It gives you perspective, and helps you not to be bitter and twisted.

Just me then ?

John mcCartney
26 minutes ago, Jodami said:

He's had both of those I'm afraid

:clap:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Win the cup or not this Has to be his last season in charge if we want to get better and more consistent on the park. 

I agree but get pissed off with the vitriolic abuse some of it well OTT and the constant stream of it.

Retire at the top 

BOBTHEBRUCE
12 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Why not indeed.  Fans can discuss anything they want as long as they post within the published rules.

I tend to believe what Jack Ross said in the article i already posted. 

Levein didn't think he was the right fit, 

Then he goes on to get a job at Sunderland. 

Makes sense when you look at a lot of the strange goings on at the club. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

gorgie rd eh11

How about parking this thread till after the final.

Highly unlikely i know as there are as many non Hearts fans on it as Hearts fans. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

A bit ironic. 

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't know how Craig's mind works at all, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he doesn't want to relinquish the manager's spot because he feels that he would be letting the side down if he did, that the honourable choice is in fact to stay and sort it out. Also, he probably feels that with a fresh season, non-blighted by injuries, he might be able to turn our fortunes around. He's just human. After the cup final is out of the way (with a sneaky win for us, hopefully ;)), I hope he stands back and considers what is best for the club. If he realistically can't bring anything fresh to the table, that will produce a marked improvement in our play, then he needs to stand down and we need to get someone in who will give us a chance of doing so. Remember though that a change in management will not necessarily produce the improvement we want to see - unless we get in an internationally-acclaimed coach, which we can't afford to do, it will always be a gamble.

Unfortunately a season not blighted by injuries is extremely unlikely, we’ve had two seasons where around 95% + of our squad have missed games die to injury. We continually sign players who are injury prone (Naismith/Mitchell/Uche/Haring/Souttar/Djoum/White/Smith/Hughes) to name a few. If they’re not injury prone they soon become so, just luck apparently.

BOBTHEBRUCE

As i type this, Jack Ross is being discussed as being the next Scotland manager on Radio Scotland. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, kila said:

Bacon slicer

Thick thin medallion smoked unsmoked streaky

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

As i type this, Jack Ross is being discussed as being the next Scotland manager on Radio Scotland. 

Not sure why to be honest 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unfortunately a season not blighted by injuries is extremely unlikely, we’ve had two seasons where around 95% + of our squad have missed games die to injury. We continually sign players who are injury prone (Naismith/Mitchell/Uche/Haring/Souttar/Djoum/White/Smith/Hughes) to name a few. If they’re not injury prone they soon become so, just luck apparently.

Not that serious, surely (see highlighted bit in quoted post). ;)

No, you mirror my thoughts to a certain extent. Where injuries are consistently happening, above and beyond "sheer bad luck" and on a significantly greater scale than other clubs (I am not sure if this is the case) , you have to start questioning how you do things. I am hoping that the number of injuries we have experienced has sparked a cross-activities study just to see if we're doing anything wrong, or could do anything better to help avoid injuries. If not, such a study would perhaps be advisable.

BOBTHEBRUCE
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not sure why to be honest 

George Burley was sacked, Accused of being an alcoholic, 

He then got a job at Southampton then ended up the Scotland Manager. 

Just saying. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

George Burley was sacked, Accused of being an alcoholic, 

He then got a job at Southampton then ended up the Scotland Manager. 

Just saying. 

Football wise hasn't done anything close to enough for me

BOBTHEBRUCE
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Football wise hasn't done anything close to enough for me

Maybe so, but it might just work. 

Young up and coming manager that has done very well in such a short space of time. 

We've been down the experienced old head route and it's not worked. 

gorgie rd eh11
1 minute ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Maybe so, but it might just work. 

Young up and coming manager that has done very well in such a short space of time. 

We've been down the experienced old head route and it's not worked. 

Aye you're right, appoint a young guy and then if it doesn't work then appoint an old guy and if that doesn't work appoint a young guy...

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Aye you're right, appoint a young guy and then if it doesn't work then appoint an old guy and if that doesn't work appoint a young guy...

You ok mate?

Vlad Magic
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

You are denying this fact?

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

You are denying this fact?

Nope. Every club gets injuries. 

Vlad Magic
19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nope. Every club gets injuries. 

Its making sense now.

You are allowed to regurgitate day after day opinions as to why Levein should go but when someone (in this case me) regurgitates an opinion (cheers for the prize btw) as to why he should be given longer its treated with derision?

As long as you play by those rules your opinion will be treated with the same derision.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Another 5th or 6th will be perfectly fine as a back up plan if we win the cup.  I think the club would build on the back of it though and I hope Craig Levein pulls a miracle out his hat.

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Its making sense now.

You are allowed to regurgitate day after day opinions as to why Levein should go but when someone (in this case me) regurgitates an opinion (cheers for the prize btw) as to why he should be given longer its treated with derision?

As long as you play by those rules your opinion will be treated with the same derision.

What about last season?  Stevie Clarke turned Killie into a team ahead of us from relegation battlers.  We finished 6th then too.  What was the excuse then? 

Vlad Magic
14 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

What about last season?  Stevie Clarke turned Killie into a team ahead of us from relegation battlers.  We finished 6th then too.  What was the excuse then? 

We weren’t good enough.

merseyjambo

CL built a team at the start of the season which only functioned around one player. Steven Naismith.

People can make excuses about injuries all they want but even it’s our other players back we continue to struggle without him.

If people can’t see that is the sign of a poor manager without a Plan B then I’ve no idea what they can actually see in him. 

The lack of Plan B is solely down to a transfer policy that has brought in a million and one Midfielders who perform similar roles yet we don’t sign a decent winger to offer us something different. It’s not as if the fans haven’t realised that was a position we needed to sign a player in for a while. Oh wait...............

Transfer policy is down to manager. End of matter. He’s failed to create a balanced squad to allow for injuries and for that reason only he should go, never mind the poor performances. 

From a perspective of going forward, all I want is a manager who can get the team playing a bit of football but more importantly has zero respect for the OF and doesn’t poop his pants when we go past Harthill Services. It’s why I’d look outside Scotland and get away from the fear that those who have deep rooted connections in the Scottish game have. They are no longer the OF of Larsson, di Canio, Gaza and Laudrup yet our manager still believes they are and gives them that sort of respect in their own back yard. If we’re going to get beat there, at least go down swinging and not meekly the way we seem to do when we go there. 

BOBTHEBRUCE

Steve Clarke is a good manager. 

That's the difference. 

He's had a very small budget to work with and has done wonders with it. 

What's the average gait at Killie? About 6000?

Good manager, eye for a player, good contacts. 

Pace throughout the team and knows that to win games, you need to attack.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Not that serious, surely (see highlighted bit in quoted post). ;)

No, you mirror my thoughts to a certain extent. Where injuries are consistently happening, above and beyond "sheer bad luck" and on a significantly greater scale than other clubs (I am not sure if this is the case) , you have to start questioning how you do things. I am hoping that the number of injuries we have experienced has sparked a cross-activities study just to see if we're doing anything wrong, or could do anything better to help avoid injuries. If not, such a study would perhaps be advisable.

Yeah dying is a bit extreme, stupid big fingers. 

I was hoping we would’ve looked into it last summer but here we are again. I looked into it a while back and the average is about 75% of the squad miss games due to injury?

Vlad Magic
1 minute ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

That's the difference. 

Take their 4 best players out for months at a time and they would be below us.

12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Clearly Clarke is clearly a managerial genius, which will be confirmed in his next job, or not.

Levein had a couple of very immediate things he needed to do last season amid all the upheaval around the new stand rebuild - make us harder to beat, especially at Tynecastle, and get us winning in derbies again. He did both while attempting to also strengthen the squad a bit. 

As for league positions, the league is unusually competitive right now. For a very long time you'd have Rangers and Celtic battling it out a the top, then one team out clear in 3rd and the rest much of a muchness. Sometimes you just have to accept that there are other teams in the league and they have been playing better than us, without facing some of the troubles we've faced it does have to be pointed out. A Steve Clarke-less Killie, an Aberdeen spending less, a new Hibs manager bedding in might make things different next season. but there's no doubt the league is more competitive in general than for a very long time. We don't have a divine right to finish above 5th or 6th. We have the 4th biggest budget so finishing around 4th is what we'll usually do and it will depend on what other teams do as much as what we do.

I would take the complaints over Levein much more seriously if folk - maybe the same folk - hadn't also done the same thing with Neilson who had us finishing 3rd. The obvious conclusion is there are a surprisingly large number of very hard to please Hearts fans who won't be happy no matter who the manager is.

BOBTHEBRUCE

That's the difference. 

As much as most of us love Craig Levein, He's just not got the necessaries.

The only way he will be successful is if he breaks our budget and relies of 6 naismiths. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic