Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Care to explain that?

As in "football reasons" may not be the reason Jack Ross is no longer at the club.

Being careful in my words there.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As in "football reasons" may not be the reason Jack Ross is no longer at the club.

Mmm......double standards and short memories at play then....  

6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Quibble about the precise number all you want - my point remains valid.

There are big numbers with data behind them - mine 

And there’s small numbers with no data behind them - yours 

one point valid, the other dubious at best. 

8 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

I don’t think it has. I can only think of one poster who thinks everything is rosy and he’s quite clearly trolling. Everybody else is somewhere between wanting him sacked or waiting to see what happens in the final.

I’m sure many consider me a “happy clapper” or “Levein fanboy” but I’ve been quitw transparent over last three months about my disappointment over on-field performance. I’m edging toward wanting a change but if we win next week I’ll happilly have him as manager for as long as he wants the gig. 

Kind of where I am.  Have to say, though, that I have huge frustrations over where we are.  It's hard not to be envious of the job Clark has done with far, far less resources.  And it's not just where we are; it's the way we've got there - the football, in the main, has been turgid.

I'm also pretty fed up wtih waiting months for the promised big new signing to arrive only to then sit and watch Oshinawa, Clare and Vanacek (well, watching Vanacek for 40 minutes or so).  

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Care to explain that?

Just do some research on here. Not getting in to it again. View on here has been he didn’t leave for footballing reasons. If thats correct there is no chance he will be back under current ownership. 

He will be available soon, about to get sacked by a league one club. 

Edited by soonbe110

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No you don't get this whole discussion thing and instead make up things like me saying I want Levein to stay so we can go backwards. I don't think we would go backwards, that's the point. It's called my opinion.

I respect your opinion but your wrong  we are and will go further backwards losing support on the way if Levein & co. stay another season.

8 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

You’ve got a bad habit of twisting people’s words :laugh:

It's  not words I'm  interested  in it's  actions.

12 hours ago, redjambo said:

You are not a Hearts supporter and I claim my £5. It's not working under Craig and we need to change direction, that much is clear to a lot of folk. However calling a great servant to this club a clown is not something that, in my opinion, a Hearts supporter would do (unless you're in your teens and know nothing of this club's history). Seriously, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Get a grip of yourself. That egotistical clown is so far out his depth it’s beyond belief. You continue to be a fanboy of his and carry in watching pish week in week out if that’s your thing. Because of him we play the most unattractive football I’ve ever seen at Tynecastle.   

13 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Away and hire a plane:jj_facepalm:

No need for a plane my friend. I remember protesting against McLean, Jordan, Mercer and Robinson to name a few. As a group of supporters, what do we do now ?

Boo and hiss. 

Strong stuff. 

25 minutes ago, Hercules said:

No need for a plane my friend. I remember protesting against McLean, Jordan, Mercer and Robinson to name a few. As a group of supporters, what do we do now ?

Boo and hiss. 

Strong stuff. 

So, round the back of the stand then ?

That was where the protests were in the past. You’ll have plenty of room in the Plaza now ! Even room for a big tent ️ 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Mmm......double standards and short memories at play then....  

Not really. Allsports wasn't Tynecastle or Riccarton based.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Hercules said:

Get a grip of yourself. That egotistical clown is so far out his depth it’s beyond belief. You continue to be a fanboy of his and carry in watching pish week in week out if that’s your thing. Because of him we play the most unattractive football I’ve ever seen at Tynecastle.   

I think it’s you that needs to get a grip tbh. He clearly stated he agrees it isn’t working under Levein. The point of his post (and he is 100% correct) was that the level of your personal abuse towards Levein is unacceptable and makes people doubt you are a genuine Hearts fan.

The Mercer Takeover

Change should be a positive and just because we have made an absolute mess of it the last few times, doesn't make it the wrong thing to do.

I see yet another club have been reinvigorated with a new manager. Queen of the South have been completely transformed from a season slumber at a time when it really matters. A bold move by clubs hierarchy changed the manager just before the play offs and it has paid off in spades. 

If we were in a similar situation, I very much doubt Budge would do the same. She is clearly not frightened of making big decisions, however she totally relies on Levein for all football matters and he is also on the board. That situation is just ridiculous.

A cup win would be extraordinary, however it would not change the root and branch surgery that this club needs before supporter apathy becomes permanent. 

45 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I think it’s you that needs to get a grip tbh. He clearly stated he agrees it isn’t working under Levein. The point of his post (and he is 100% correct) was that the level of your personal abuse towards Levein is unacceptable and makes people doubt you are a genuine Hearts fan.

Oh really Mr Hearts ? Would you like to see any credentials, Uber fan ?

2 hours ago, Boab said:

So, round the back of the stand then ?

That was where the protests were in the past. You’ll have plenty of room in the Plaza now ! Even room for a big tent ️ 

Yes. Standing in the pissing rain venting your displeasure at people you thought were ruining your club. Crazy days eh ??

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

There are big numbers with data behind them - mine 

And there’s small numbers with no data behind them - yours 

one point valid, the other dubious at best. 

Ah so Vanecek is proving to be another of Levein’s sensational signings.......my mistake!

2 hours ago, Hercules said:

Jesus , when did you start going? 

Edited by sadj

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ah so Vanecek is proving to be another of Levein’s sensational signings.......my mistake!

Are you judging a player after 5 appearances?

3 of which have been sub appearances?

22 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Are you judging a player after 5 appearances?

3 of which have been sub appearances?

Come on mate, he will never play for Hearts again. Why would Levein be talking about needing 2 strikers if Vanecek was in their plans? It's a shambles that not even the most ardent Levein fan can defend. 

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

164 pages now

Wow

Yip, been running since February and, as yet, I see no tangible indication that his time is indeed up. Undoubtedly there will, and should be, a review of all aspects of season ( not just the football dept ) after the cup final by the board. I would expect that to happen quickly. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, been running since February and, as yet, I see no tangible indication that his time is indeed up. Undoubtedly there will, and should be, a review of all aspects of season ( not just the football dept ) after the cup final by the board. I would expect that to happen quickly. 

???

33 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Er, I'm no fan of Levein but isn't there more to this story?

Allegedly yes ?

7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Come on mate, he will never play for Hearts again. Why would Levein be talking about needing 2 strikers if Vanecek was in their plans? It's a shambles that not even the most ardent Levein fan can defend. 

If he wants just one striker and fails to get his man, he could go for someone else without that player feeling like a second choice.

If Craig was to win the cup would fans really call for him to be sacked? 

If so who do we think we are? Real Madrid? 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Yes. No. 

11 hours ago, Jodami said:

Sadj, the key question here is would you bring in experienced coaches as opposed to guys learning their trade? 

I think it depends on the structure , the support they have , the ability they have etc. No different to any other job. You get people who have done it for years that might not succeed , same as you might get someone fresh faced with slightly different ideas based on the same info who do succeed. Ideal world the succession plan is a good thing throughout the age groups and coaches , however that is also reliant on having the right people and sometimes you can’t tell that until you try it. 

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Aren't these guys seen as possible head coaches? What have they done to be let go? If we're going to say we have a succession plan we need to try it at least once more! I'm not fussed either way but it's kind of a waste of time if we don't give one of them a chance if we feel he's ready. Young coaches do well when they step up all the time. Jack Ross and Robbie Neilson as two Levein has spotted, for example.

I wouldn’t like to think so , maybe were but things change. You can employ people to train up and take over doesn’t mean they will reach the desired level or have all the attributed necessary. 

57 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Yes. Standing in the pissing rain venting your displeasure at people you thought were ruining your club. Crazy days eh ??

Hence the tent !

?

22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If he wants just one striker and fails to get his man, he could go for someone else without that player feeling like a second choice.

Absolute genius mate! What if he does want 2 strikers and the first one signs, is the second choice the second choice or was he the first choice but the deal just took longer? I think you may have reached the bottom of the barrel Al. 

jock _turd

This is a thread straight out of the school playground so it is.. he's crap! ... no he's no! ... aye he is! ... no he's no! ........ aye he is and I tell ye why... oh aye and I tell ye why he's no.

It is beginning to lose its entertainment value now, however see if he was managing the team at the other side of the town we would be laughing our collective cocks off laughing at him ... now tell me I am wrong and a Hibby at the ham and the circle is completed yet again.

SuperstarSteve
30 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Calling for a manager to go who sat 2nd after smashing the championship by 21 points and cementing 3rd on his first season in the top league. 

Would it honestly surprise you that our fanbase will call for a cup winning manager to leave? 

Very generous support but one that lacks major judgement (in my opinion) 

I don't think our support will ever be pleased unless its constant success coupled with attacking football. 

Trophies don't matter, Europe doesn't matter, 2nd 3rd doesn't matter anymore it's give me what i demand or leave. Not all fans of course but a shitload of them.

Edited by SuperstarSteve

Geoff Kilpatrick
33 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I wouldn't. It would be a game changer for this team to beat Septic.

8 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Absolute genius mate! What if he does want 2 strikers and the first one signs, is the second choice the second choice or was he the first choice but the deal just took longer? I think you may have reached the bottom of the barrel Al. 

I think you reached the bottom a long time ago with your constant whining about anything and everything connected with the club.  Get a life: we have a cup final in 9 days!

You asked for a reason and I gave one possibility which may be correct or miles off the mark but you certainly wouldn't know either way.

12 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Calling for a manager to go who sat 2nd after smashing the championship by 21 points and cementing 3rd on his first season in the top league. 

Would it honestly surprise you that our fanbase will call for a cup winning manager to leave? 

I don't think our support will ever be pleased unless its constant success coupled with attacking football. 

Trophies don't matter, Europe doesn't matter, 2nd 3rd doesn't matter anymore it's give me what i demand or leave. Not all fans of course but a shitload of them.

I’m glad you put that last sentence in, mate, as I was shaking my head at the rest of it. A few loonies does not a fan base make !

16 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I wouldn't. It would be a game changer for this team to beat Septic.

I agree Geoff. 

Will you be watching the game in the company of fellow Jambos? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I agree Geoff. 

Will you be watching the game in the company of fellow Jambos? 

That is the plan.

35 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

This is a thread straight out of the school playground so it is.. he's crap! ... no he's no! ... aye he is! ... no he's no! ........ aye he is and I tell ye why... oh aye and I tell ye why he's no.

It is beginning to lose its entertainment value now, however see if he was managing the team at the other side of the town we would be laughing our collective cocks off laughing at him ... now tell me I am wrong and a Hibby at the ham and the circle is completed yet again.

If it was the other way around we'd be loving it, an absolute circus from the outside looking in and a manager/DOF, whatever other titles he has hoovered up at hearts with a stranglehold of the club from top to bottom and we can barely manage a shot on target or a goal. Made even worse that our January singing can't even make the squad.

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Bacon slicer

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

If it was the other way around we'd be loving it, an absolute circus from the outside looking in and a manager/DOF, whatever other titles he has hoovered up at hearts with a stranglehold of the club from top to bottom and we can barely manage a shot on target or a goal. Made even worse that our January singing can't even make the squad.

It would be interesting if the season had happened in reverse with very poor results the first five months but excellent results in the last four. Timing is everything when it comes to perception. 

SuperstarSteve
26 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m glad you put that last sentence in, mate, as I was shaking my head at the rest of it. A few loonies does not a fan base make !

That's true mate. I believe all fans want the best for the club but some live in reality and go through a thought process and then some just spout nonesense to suit their agenda. Causing a massive divide.

Some levein haters will use the line.. easy route to cup final and finished 6th. He needs to go. Purely because they've been wanting him gone since october and a cup win wouldn't change that. 

Winning a cup and calling for that manager to go is as daft as it gets unless you'v got a genuine reason for wanting him gone.

Which some do, far too many don't but that's because they love the club more than they understand football. 

Only my opinion from personal experiences. 

Yourself and others will have had different expriance with supporters of course. 

Forever Hearts
45 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

The cheek of us wanting to finish above Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie while watching some entertaining football. Not to mention how nice it would be if our manager stopped spending serious amounts of money on absolute dross. 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

I agree, the two strikers thing does look like the end of the line for him - but as a player, he cannot be judged on ability after 5 games for us - that's just not on or fair on the lad

Is it Levein's fault he's unfit though?

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It would be interesting if the season had happened in reverse with very poor results the first five months but excellent results in the last four. Timing is everything when it comes to perception. 

Starting poor but then recovering and showing some good form towards the end of the season gives you optimism for the next season and shows the players are still with the manager, a good start and falling away shows the opposite. How many times do you see promoted teams start like a house on fire only to get relegated or stay up by the skin of their teeth.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes. No. 

idiotic to call for a manager who beats the champions in a cup final to be sacked

Truly idiotic

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

I agree, the two strikers thing does look like the end of the line for him - but as a player, he cannot be judged on ability after 5 games for us - that's just not on or fair on the lad

Is he unfit though? There seems to be many inconsistencies in that theory. Why did he play the cup game against Livi if he was unfit? Why did he then start against Dundee and get hauled off only to appear in the starting line up again at Hamilton but then get hooked at half time then not seen again in the squad after that. It all doesn't quite add up.

39 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you reached the bottom a long time ago with your constant whining about anything and everything connected with the club.  Get a life: we have a cup final in 9 days!

You asked for a reason and I gave one possibility which may be correct or miles off the mark but you certainly wouldn't know either way.

Reached the bottom of the barrel because I refuse to defend mediocrity and dissipation at the club I love. The issues are so obvious that it's impossible not to call them out. 

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

So unfit he started him in games, yet he was appallingly unfit? It's just a smokescreen, they don't think he's good enough. 

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

idiotic to call for a manager who beats the champions in a cup final to be sacked

Truly idiotic

Well said. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic