Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The bad outweighs the good unfortunately. Surely you can see that? The standard of football has been appalling for the most part and this has been reflected in our form and Goal Difference.

6th, 6th and 5th is way below expectations. Let us not forget who appointed Cathro, let him sign a heep of shit and fail to sack him before ruining another campaign. 

It’s not good enough for this club and there seems to be quite a few on here that don’t have a red line whatsoever.

Some of those few seem quite content to watch us descend into long term mediocrity. I certainly don’t expect us to win the league but we certainly should not be placing in mid table 3 seasons on the trot, whilst playing some of the most eyebleedingly bland football known to man.

It can only be because it is Craig Levein and therefore he’s getting a bit more leeway than anyone else would get.

Any other manager under the sun would have been sacked having only managed 15 points from 51 since the New Year, only 3 wins in 17 games in the league, 18 games come this weekend. That’s a complete abomination. 

How can you defend that? 

I was quite happy to give him the benefit of the doubt throughout the majority of this season but it has gone on far too long now.

The results and performances combined have been shocking. There is absolutely no reason why fans should accept what has happened in the last three seasons and there is nothing to suggest it will change for the better either with Craig in charge next season.

It’s almost like the end of Cloughies reign at Forest and like Clough, the only thing keeping Levein in the dugout is sentiment.

Unlike some I don’t believe he needs to be banished from the club, but he should move back upstairs and hand over the managerial reigns to someone else at the end of the season. Bring back Robbie Neilson. It worked fine before. 

This isn’t good for the club and the club should come first and foremost. It isn’t conducive for the club and the fans relationship to break down, nor is it good to have such a split in the support. If the majority want him out of the dugout, which it quite obviously is now, he should do the dignified thing and walk or, the board should give him a little nudge in the right direction.

It's almost become religious fervour with a small minority clinging to Levein like a comfort blanket.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

How does quoting your post from

11 years ago prove anything? 

Here’s another random post from 11 years ago

What does that prove other than the forum has a fairly straightforward search and quote facility? ??‍♂️

Did you find a decent boozer near Fir Park?

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Got the gigs but failed in both jobs. Bog standard manager imo. You disagree, fair enough. His last spell with us was 15 years ago, like Alex McLeish with Scotland, has proved himself to be a bit of a busted flush. 

Like I said, sounds a bit mad.

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Like I said, sounds a bit mad.

Have a look at the league table and it will help you to understand. Think of it as Logic for Beginners 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Have a look at the league table and it will help you to understand. Think of it as Logic for Beginners 

I'm focusing on the cup to be honest.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm focusing on the cup to be honest.

Probably best focusing on the day out tbh.

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Did you find a decent boozer near Fir Park?

Eh? You’d have to ask Mr Maroon. No idea if he is still a member

Edit. His last visit was 2010

Edited by To Be Frank

Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's almost become religious fervour with a small minority clinging to Levein like a comfort blanket.

It’s not an “us v them” thing, it doesn’t have  to be put like that. Although, I have to agree, a lot of our support are over sentimental about a lot of things. 

BOBTHEBRUCE
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But does AB want to leave her comfort zone and cut all ties with Levein? She at least has to ask the question of Clarke before the SFA make their move next week.

I think he'll be made to step down as manager and still have a role behind the scenes next season. 

Ann cannot risk another 6th place. 

Randy Marsh

Eh? You’d have to ask Mr Maroon. No idea if he is still a member

Edit. His last visit was 2010

Apologies.  Thought that may have been one of your previous usernames.

Alex Kintner
14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don’t think it has. I can only think of one poster who thinks everything is rosy and he’s quite clearly trolling. Everybody else is somewhere between wanting him sacked or waiting to see what happens in the final.

I’m sure many consider me a “happy clapper” or “Levein fanboy” but I’ve been quitw transparent over last three months about my disappointment over on-field performance. I’m edging toward wanting a change but if we win next week I’ll happilly have him as manager for as long as he wants the gig. 

Edited by To Be Frank

Alex Kintner
Just now, Randy Marsh said:

Apologies.  Thought that may have been one of your previous usernames.

??

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

It’s not an “us v them” thing, it doesn’t have  to be put like that. Although, I have to agree, a lot of our support are over sentimental about a lot of things. 

No, I appreciate that. It shouldn't be like that but Levein has always divided opinion. I agree what you say though,  any other manager would be out the door if they had the same record.

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The bad outweighs the good unfortunately. Surely you can see that? The standard of football has been appalling for the most part and this has been reflected in our form and Goal Difference.

6th, 6th and 5th is way below expectations. Let us not forget who appointed Cathro, let him sign a heep of shit and fail to sack him before ruining another campaign. 

It’s not good enough for this club and there seems to be quite a few on here that don’t have a red line whatsoever.

Some of those few seem quite content to watch us descend into long term mediocrity. I certainly don’t expect us to win the league but we certainly should not be placing in mid table 3 seasons on the trot, whilst playing some of the most eyebleedingly bland football known to man.

It can only be because it is Craig Levein and therefore he’s getting a bit more leeway than anyone else would get.

Any other manager under the sun would have been sacked having only managed 15 points from 51 since the New Year, only 3 wins in 17 games in the league, 18 games come this weekend. That’s a complete abomination. 

How can you defend that? 

I was quite happy to give him the benefit of the doubt throughout the majority of this season but it has gone on far too long now.

The results and performances combined have been shocking. There is absolutely no reason why fans should accept what has happened in the last three seasons and there is nothing to suggest it will change for the better either with Craig in charge next season.

It’s almost like the end of Cloughies reign at Forest and like Clough, the only thing keeping Levein in the dugout is sentiment.

Unlike some I don’t believe he needs to be banished from the club, but he should move back upstairs and hand over the managerial reigns to someone else at the end of the season. Bring back Robbie Neilson. It worked fine before. 

This isn’t good for the club and the club should come first and foremost. It isn’t conducive for the club and the fans relationship to break down, nor is it good to have such a split in the support. If the majority want him out of the dugout, which it quite obviously is now, he should do the dignified thing and walk or, the board should give him a little nudge in the right direction.

This post emphasises the entire problem with the Levein out campaign. A complete and utter focus on the league campaign.

Just to be clear there is only one league position that beats winning the Scottish Cup and that is 1st place. I'd rather be 9th or 10th and win the Scottish Cup than finish 2nd. I am quite aware that the league campaign has been very poor, especially considering the start. At the danger of becoming a bore, we have participated in three different competitions this season. Only one has been under par and one could yet end in ultimate glory. 5th or 6th place in the league is very disappointing considering the financial stability and off field success, however many fans are completing losing the plot as if we had finished 9th, 10th or 11th!

Enzo Chiefo

I don’t think it has. I can only think of one poster who thinks everything is rosy and he’s quite clearly trolling. Everybody else is somewhere between wanting him sacked or waiting to see what happens in the final.

Yes, fair comment. 

grumpyespana

I am going against the grain here and say that he deserves another  season as he has built a backbone of the team he is now talking about bringing in three or four better quality players next season. If we bring in another manager that means another squad of players we will be just going around in a circle, but what makes me angry is we have a CUP FINAL yes a CUP FINAL in a couple of weeks and all you can moan about is Craig Levein must go get a life guys. 

Randy Marsh
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

If we do win the Scottish Cup then I don't think I would be too fussed if CL got another year.  I would be dining on the cup win for a good year.  I would definitely renew my season ticket to show my appreciation for beating Celtic in the final.  Something that may never happen again for generations.

32 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

How can you defend that? 

I'm up for a return of Robbie next season or after. However what I don't like about the debate is the complete unwillingness to accept how well we started the season and how the injuries affected it.

I very much doubt we'll find a new manager who will start a season like that and even after the injuries get us to a cup final. So I do think Levein has it in him to put together a much better league campaign next season. Our strongest team plus the recruits Levein says he wants in positions all fans agree need strengthening with everyone - or most - fit should be a match for anyone. I would prefer Levein - who is proven in this league - than a new man and yet another complete squad overhaul for next season.

If we finish 5th we finish 5th but I would put money on us competing for Europe next year. McInnes and Aberdeen are cutting their cloth a bit, Clarke will probably be off and I'd be amazed if Killie can do it for a 3rd time anyhow, and Hibs really don't look that much improved under their new man and will also be having a squad makeover.

Basically I see Levein as the less risky option right now, with the added bonus of giving us a year to scour the football world for this mythical manager who will have us instantly playing attacking, winning football for comparative peanuts in wages.

Yes Levein has presided over two 6ths in a row which is unusual for us. But looking back it's also been a few years of unusual upheaval considering the ground development, pitch, manager changes, playing at Murrayfield and all that, and yes a mental injury list.

My main concern is Levein might be putting too much faith in his coaches by being quite hands-off seemingly. I'd like to see him take on his last season as a proper tracksuit manager again if he's up to it health wise. If not, I think that might be a good discussion starting point between him and Budge about whether his heart is really in the manager job still and whether he should step aside in summer.

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

All football fans are, or most diehards, that's why there's a roaring trade in football nostalgia!

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

If we do win the Scottish Cup then I don't think I would be too fussed if CL got another year.  I would be dining on the cup win for a good year.  I would definitely renew my season ticket to show my appreciation for beating Celtic in the final.  Something that may never happen again for generations.

Totally. He will 100% have earned it with a cup win.

i hope you renew regardless though mate ??

Randy Marsh

Totally. He will 100% have earned it with a cup win.

i hope you renew regardless though mate ??

Not renewing is more down to financial issues.  Totally broke right now.  However, I would make a real effort to source the funds if we win the cup.:thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm up for a return of Robbie next season or after. However what I don't like about the debate is the complete unwillingness to accept how well we started the season and how the injuries affected it.

I very much doubt we'll find a new manager who will start a season like that and even after the injuries get us to a cup final. So I do think Levein has it in him to put together a much better league campaign next season. Our strongest team plus the recruits Levein says he wants in positions all fans agree need strengthening with everyone - or most - fit should be a match for anyone. I would prefer Levein - who is proven in this league - than a new man and yet another complete squad overhaul for next season.

If we finish 5th we finish 5th but I would put money on us competing for Europe next year. McInnes and Aberdeen are cutting their cloth a bit, Clarke will probably be off and I'd be amazed if Killie can do it for a 3rd time anyhow, and Hibs really don't look that much improved under their new man and will also be having a squad makeover.

Basically I see Levein as the less risky option right now, with the added bonus of giving us a year to scour the football world for this mythical manager who will have us instantly playing attacking, winning football for comparative peanuts in wages.

Yes Levein has presided over two 6ths in a row which is unusual for us. But looking back it's also been a few years of unusual upheaval considering the ground development, pitch, manager changes, playing at Murrayfield and all that, and yes a mental injury list.

OMG more excuses for keeping Levein on for another year. Some people don't mind us going backwards while other clubs grow stronger.

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

OMG more excuses for keeping Levein on for another year. Some people don't mind us going backwards while other clubs grow stronger.

No you don't get this whole discussion thing and instead make up things like me saying I want Levein to stay so we can go backwards. I don't think we would go backwards, that's the point. It's called my opinion.

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

My main concern is Levein might be putting too much faith in his coaches by being quite hands-off seemingly. I'd like to see him take on his last season as a proper tracksuit manager again if he's up to it health wise. If not, I think that might be a good discussion starting point between him and Budge about whether his heart is really in the manager job still and whether he should step aside in summer.

Toque, would you accept that we are over reliant on Naismith? 

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Toque, would you accept that we are over reliant on Naismith? 

Definitely. Not sure if that was by design or just the way it worked out though with all the other injuries. That is a problem when you have a genuine star player but I think Levein has put together a good spine including Naismith. He's said himself he is targeting more creativity and pace and to be fair he has proven capable of pulling good signings out the hat. 

One reason I'm totally fine with him staying unless we have a stellar replacement lined up - Michael ONeill for example - is this close season he only needs to focus on 3-5 key players to bring in whereas a new manager will mean a big squad overhaul. That's a huge difference to this time last year and I think he's more than capable of pulling off some good signings. People talk about bringing back Milinkovic, wasn't it Levein who brought him in in the first place? So he can spot a creative player. I can think of several more in the past. No reason he can't do that again.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Definitely. Not sure if that was by design or just the way it worked out though with all the other injuries. That is a problem when you have a genuine star player but I think Levein has put together a good spine including Naismith. He's said himself he is targeting more creativity and pace and to be fair he has proven capable of pulling good signings out the hat. 

One reason I'm totally fine with him staying unless we have a stellar replacement lined up - Michael ONeill for example - is this close season he only needs to focus on 3-5 key players to bring in whereas a new manager will mean a big squad overhaul. That's a huge difference to this time last year and I think he's more than capable of pulling off some good signings. People talk about bringing back Milinkovic, wasn't it Levein who brought him in in the first place? So he can spot a creative player. I can think of several more in the past. No reason he can't do that again.

I agree and I am pleased he has signed. Bearing in mind that it's dangerous to rely too heavily on a player his age and we should probably be managing his appearances what do you think needs to be done in the close season to address set up and style of play if he isn't in the team? Particularly at home on our new bowling green! 

7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I agree and I am pleased he has signed. Bearing in mind that it's dangerous to rely too heavily on a player his age and we should probably be managing his appearances what do you think needs to be done in the close season to address set up and style of play if he isn't in the team? Particularly at home on our new bowling green! 

We need pace and creativity whatever happens with Naismith - new winger, if not two, new striker (or two if Vanacek is punted), new playmaker/attacking mid. Levein has basically said this himself.

We've generally been a bit reliant on one or two players since the championship, eg Sow, Paterson, Lafferty then when one leaves we suffer. I think that's a consequence of the budget needing to be spread thinly to sign more players. I think this close season will be different - quality over quantity as we have a good spine now.

Edited by Guest

It should have been ten
44 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Very good post and well put ??

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We need pace and creativity whatever happens with Naismith - new winger, if not two, new striker (or two if Vanacek is punted), new playmaker/attacking mid. Levein has basically said this himself.

We've generally been a bit reliant on one or two players since the championship, eg Sow, Paterson, Lafferty then when one leaves we suffer. I think that's a consequence of the budget needing to be spread thinly to sign more players. I think this close season will be different - quality over quantity as we have a good spine now.

Wouldn't disagree on players, number of strikers would be dependent on whether we persist with one up front. 

The tricky part for me, the part that's missing in my opinion, is getting what will still be a large element of the players in our squad to play with more pace and be braver on the ball. Now as you are no doubt aware I am unconvinced the coaching team can do that but as someone who is backing keeping Levein how do you think can that be achieved? 

It should have been ten
34 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You’ve got a bad habit of twisting people’s words :laugh:

25 minutes ago, Jodami said:

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Wouldn't disagree on players, number of strikers would be dependent on whether we persist with one up front. 

The tricky part for me, the part that's missing in my opinion, is getting what will still be a large element of the players in our squad to play with more pace and be braver on the ball. Now as you are no doubt aware I am unconvinced the coaching team can do that but as someone who is backing keeping Levein how do you think can that be achieved? 

I also think coaching change on a day to day basis. Imo the coaching structure IF Levein stays as head coach needs tweaked. JD and possibly LF emptied and replaced. 

Edited by sadj

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

I also think coaching change on a day to day basis. Imo the coaching structure IF Levein stays as head coach needs tweaked. JD and possibly LF emptied and replaced. 

Sadj, the key question here is would you bring in experienced coaches as opposed to guys learning their trade? 

12 minutes ago, Jodami said:

No idea! We did it earlier in the season so why not again? 

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Aren't these guys seen as possible head coaches? What have they done to be let go? If we're going to say we have a succession plan we need to try it at least once more! I'm not fussed either way but it's kind of a waste of time if we don't give one of them a chance if we feel he's ready. Young coaches do well when they step up all the time. Jack Ross and Robbie Neilson as two Levein has spotted, for example.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

No idea! We did it earlier in the season so why not again? 

We did it with Naismith playing. Points gained when he plays are 3 times more than when he doesn't. Relying on him is too risky as shown this season and it obviously has a very limited shelf life as a tactic. Do you agree that this is an issue that urgently needs addressing? 

4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

We did it with Naismith playing. Points gained when he plays are 3 times more than when he doesn't. Relying on him is too risky as shown this season and it obviously has a very limited shelf life as a tactic. Do you agree that this is an issue that urgently needs addressing? 

I don't think we did intentionally rely on him. Some of the other players may have. Now and then we get a star player - eg Naismith, Rudi, Paterson, Sow - who leaves a massive hole when they're not playing. Before that Hartley or Cameron were key to how we played as a team. Who knows what would have happened if either got injured. 

I don't think Levein coped with the injuries in general. he said himself he failed to find a different way to play. I like having as many good players in the team as possible so hopefully that's the direction we go. Then we won't miss Naismith too much. I don't think it was a tactic as such. He's just our best player so we set up to make the most of his talents. When he was injured we had no-one of equal stature, or anywhere near to be honest, in terms of someone who could make things happen. So we lost our cutting edge without him.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't think we did intentionally rely on him. Some of the other players may have. Now and then we get a star player - eg Naismith, Rudi, Paterson, Sow - who leaves a massive hole when they're not playing. Before that Hartley or Cameron were key to how we played as a team. Who knows what would have happened if either got injured. 

I don't think Levein coped with the injuries in general. he said himself he failed to find a different way to play. I like having as many good players in the team as possible so hopefully that's the direction we go. Then we won't miss Naismith too much. I don't think it was a tactic as such. He's just our best player so we set up to make the most of his talents. When he was injured we had no-one of equal stature, or anywhere near to be honest, in terms of someone who could make things happen. So we lost our cutting edge without him.

None of those players, not even Mr Skacel, have been as key as Naismith has been in this team when you compare it against games he's not played. 

Having good players in the team isn't really enough, they need to be organised properly and this means a lot of time spent on the training ground. Defensive organisation and attacking transition would be the most obvious areas that need worked on. Unless you address this nothing changes for next season. 

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think you could find a poll, of substantial numbers, to support your point.

The poll supporting Cathro hire had  hundreds of jkb guys signed up.  

Quibble about the precise number all you want - my point remains valid.

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Er, count me out of that 100% but then I don't watch YouTube compilations.

Another quibbler - my point remains valid.

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think they make many personal attacks on Hearts employees,owner or many other posters. 

They don’t make personal attacks on many posters!!!! ?

You've got to be kidding.

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Er, count me out of that 100% but then I don't watch YouTube compilations.

Unfortunately Levein obviously did!!

siegementality
5 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Spot on Hercules ?? The best thing for the future of our club would be selling as few season tickets as possible. If we can cut FoH subscriptions by about 40-50% that would just be a bonus.

Surprised I haven’t noticed your posts before mate, you’re bang on the cash ??

Did I miss the bit where he suggested any of this?

siegementality
5 hours ago, sadj said:

Spot on with what I know of it. Particularly that last sentence. 

On Steve Clarke see at biguche’s post. Explains everything you need to know in regards to him. 

The players we have signed up this year as a core and a spine of the team are good players (jury out on uche - but he has a presence) Aidy White good pedigree can’t be any worse than we have at left back now. 

Players for next year that work will of started months ago, so no I don’t think thats laughing at the fans. I do know for a fact Levein will be hurting as much as any of us and I do know many conversations have been had in relation to where too next. However I do not necessarily think that means Levein out the club is the way forward. My understanding is there will be change in the summer. The apathy/malaise is not confined solely to people who can shout loudest on a forum. Just as not every single person off the board wants change. People see things in different layers. Many of us in August said we don’t think we will jump forward this season it will be next. Does that mean they are happy? No , of course not. Does it mean they don’t have a concern that we have seemingly regressed? No , of course not. Does it mean they enjoy the football on offer 98% of the time since October? Again , No. 

They still understand that there is a bigger picture , they understand that easy draw or not we are still in a Scottish Cup Final in 10 days with a chance to win a cup that id rare in our history. Not even once per decade have we won it. The whole Levein oot , Levein oot , Levein oot thing is tedious. Personal abuse is pathetic. 

However , our fanbase has a generational gap aswell. Some have seen us struggle , some have seen 3cups in their 21 years. Some saw more than that , leagues etc then nothing for 50years. It means peoples opinions vary on the route forward or the time they think should be given. Same with society. Alex McDonald had a couple torrid years then stepped forward and nearly won the double. Despite winning nothing he is hailed as one of our greatest ever managers. Should CL be chastised for winning the same amount? No of course not but its something that is thrown at him as its easy in todays society and patience is non-existant - success must be immediate. 

Each to their own but to say Hearts fans are getting what they deserve is also narrow minded. We are getting a newly built main stand , a spine of a team put down for a few years , academy rebuilt and hopefully going to flourish , solid footing financially , an infrastructure being grown to make us able to stretch away from some. Unfortunately people only look at things on the park and dismiss the rest.

Our structure under Levein is not working partly because the coaches we have are not doing anywhere near well enough. Take CL’s limited time with the team (not unusual in football the manager / HC is not present at all sessions) AM’s analysis and set pieces etc out of it , it would be worse. If CL stays be it upstairs or as manager it needs coaches who can coach that would help massively imo. 

I gave up at paragraph three when you used of instead of have. Can’t take anyone that illiterate seriously.

siegementality
4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

That's also incorrect.  There is complete freedom of speech as long as the post complies with the published rules.

There are literally hundreds of posts in current threads that criticises members of the HMFC management team.

I have been a big critic on the footballing side of the club, particularly Craig Levein. Not one of my posts have been deleted or censored.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

None of those players, not even Mr Skacel, have been as key as Naismith has been in this team when you compare it against games he's not played. 

Having good players in the team isn't really enough, they need to be organised properly and this means a lot of time spent on the training ground. Defensive organisation and attacking transition would be the most obvious areas that need worked on. Unless you address this nothing changes for next season. 

That's our biggest problem. Lack of direction and tactical planning. Levein isn’t capable in this day and age. Football has moved on and he hasn't kept up. There are very few managers who would have done as bad as Levein in the last 6 months even with injuries.

Cruyff Turn
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Injuries have played a part in perhaps not achieving top 4 but that cannot be used as an excuse for the entire season, the style of play, the inept, feeble performances, a very negative goal difference and ending up in 6th place from 1st.

Since the end of the winter break we’ve had first team players back for the most part. We’ve also lost games and underperformed against sides which we should really should be able to skelp with our 2nd string side. (St Mirren, Hamilton, Dundee, Partick Thistle)

Add to that, Hibs were 13 points behind us with a pretty decent group of players to choose from. That excuse doesn’t really wash at all for the 2nd half of the season and certainly the last quarter. It doesn’t account for the performances anyway. 

After 3 transfer windows, why can’t we win football matches because we were missing one player? 

Of course we won’t be as good without Naisy but we’ve won 3 games out of 18 league games since the Winter break. 

Absolutely no excuse for that at all. 

We are apparently the 3rd biggest club in Scotland and we’re actually debating whether to keep Levein after we’ve been getting leathered almost every week and only managed to take 15 points from 51 since the end of the Winter break. 

Come on man.

It’s beyond ridiculous. 

It’s staler than one of Gandhi’s flip flops.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Aren't these guys seen as possible head coaches? What have they done to be let go? If we're going to say we have a succession plan we need to try it at least once more! I'm not fussed either way but it's kind of a waste of time if we don't give one of them a chance if we feel he's ready. Young coaches do well when they step up all the time. Jack Ross and Robbie Neilson as two Levein has spotted, for example.

Jack Ross is the one that should still be here!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Jack Ross is the one that should still be here!!

Not necessarily. Football isn't everything.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not necessarily. Football isn't everything.

Care to explain that?

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ah yes, Kris Boyd, the football sage. Reduced to hair transplants and peddling opinions in a rag no-one reads and getting a game off the bench now and then.

Meanwhile Cathro pockets an EPL wage, works with top players, and helped an unfancied team get 7th and into a cup final in the richest league in the world, working with one of the best and most interesting managers in the EPL (someone who has employed Cathro twice now).

Boyd's analysis was schoolboy stuff. Cathro definitely didn't seem to have the right stuff an SPL manager needs but he did nothing to deserve the pasting he got when he took the job. At the very least he had done enough in the game to get a chance and has continued to prove he is a good coach, even if he is unlikely to make a good No. 1. 

It's a shame he got the job mid season. A full close season might have helped him have a better start.

Who would that be?

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic