Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think they make many personal attacks on Hearts employees,owner or many other posters. 

We pay our money, 

They earn a shit load of money

I think we're entitled to take shots at them if they're failing badly.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I'll give you naff all ya grass haha

You seem angry. That makes me sad. ?

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

You might need to do due diligence before making people mods then. 

If you’re so unhappy with the moderation, why re-register again and again? ??‍♂️

On 23/02/2019 at 12:14, wattie exploited said:

time to change the manager I really like Craig but the football has been shit for ages now its a fact !!!!!!    

Agreed, Wattie - been great for us, but run out of ideas :(

2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

We pay our money, 

They earn a shit load of money

I think we're entitled to take shots at them if they're failing badly.

And that’s exactly what’s wrong. You pay £25 per week and you think that entitles you to spout vitriolic personal abuse on  a public forum? That’s stupid 

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, Maple Leaf said:

You claimed that there is no freedom of speech on here.

I pointed you towards the hundreds of posts that criticise the Club, proving that your statement is wrong.

What's due diligence on the mods got to do with your incorrect statement???

Mate, seriously. Do you see the reasons that people have been banned from here?

I know someone that was banned for not replying to a mod in a certain amount of time. 

Just now, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I know someone that was banned for not replying to a mod in a certain amount of time. 

That’s a bit like not turning up at court when summonsed. Is that ok? 

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s a bit like not turning up at court when summonsed. Is that ok? 

Or a bit like having a life and not going on kickback for a day?

i wish jj was my dad

Run out of abuse to chuck at Levein. Time to turn on the mods. 

Maple Leaf

Yes. All the administrators see all the warnings and bans that are issued.

I can tell you that no-one was banned for the reason you give.  That might have been what you were told, but it isn't true.

Anyway, we are now off-topic, so I'll stop here.

8 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

If there is an issue with say Mods 6 or 13 or any other ones surely the place to do it is privately not on a thread where its against the forums published rules is it not? 

Edited by sadj

3 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Or a bit like having a life and not going on kickback for a day?

Like I was saying about personal attacks,,

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yes. All the administrators see all the warnings and bans that are issued.

I can tell you that no-one was banned for the reason you give.  That might have been what you were told, but it isn't true.

Anyway, we are now off-topic, so I'll stop here.

There is a certain irony when the Levein thread gets taken off topic tbf. ??

Alex Kintner

2. Do not abuse Moderators or any other member of the Admin Team. Moderator decisions are not open for discussion or debate. Posting criticism of members of the moderator/Admin team or posting comments that could be taken as questioning moderator decisions, will be viewed as moderator abuse. Do not speculate on Moderators identities. Such actions by a member may result in a permanent ban.

:interehjrling:

BOBTHEBRUCE
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

If there is an issue with say Mods 6 or 13 or any other ones but mainly them surely the place to do it is privately not on a thread where its against the forums published rules is it not? 

Is that your application to be a mod mate?

Think you could be in there. 

Either that or some sort of jobs worth manager in Scotmid. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

2. Do not abuse Moderators or any other member of the Admin Team. Moderator decisions are not open for discussion or debate. Posting criticism of members of the moderator/Admin team or posting comments that could be taken as questioning moderator decisions, will be viewed as moderator abuse. Do not speculate on Moderators identities. Such actions by a member may result in a permanent ban.

:interehjrling:

1 minute ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Nope merely my cheeky way of pointing out what Frank has just posted more bluntly. 

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Aye, there’d still be some fans delighted to let it continue. 

Would there? The opinion behind Cathro being sacked was almost unanimous. Nothing indicated a potential for anything other than failure. This season has seen us hold onto our best players, improve our away form and embark on two substantial cup runs. Regardless of how biased one wants to be it is an irrefutable fact that this season has provided a lot of very good married to a lot of very bad. I, alongside a number of other posters believe that we can have a lot more of the very good next season.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Alex Kintner

Either that or some sort of jobs worth manager in Scotmid. 

Serious question: if you think this place is so shit and the moderation is poor then why donyou keep re-registering? ?

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Nope merely my cheeky way of pointing out what Frank has just posted more bluntly. 

I am renowned for my subtlety ???

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, sadj said:

Oaaft, I wouldn't be following Frank on any sort of subject. That's basically the old easter road, a downwards slope. 

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, To Be Frank said:

I am renowned for my subtlety ???

Mod wannabe

BOBTHEBRUCE

Right, anyway, I've taken your eye off the ball lads!

BACK ON TOPIC

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Would there? The opinion behind Cathro being sacked was almost unanimous. Nothing indicated a potential for anything other than failure. This season has seen us hold onto our best players, improve our away form and embark on two substantial cup runs. Regardless of how biased one wants to be it is an irrefutable fact that this season has provided a lot of very good married to a lot of very bad. I, alongside a number of other posters believe that we can have a lot more of the very good next season.

Home form is the worry for me. We’ve always been strong at home , pants away from home. We have lacked creativity to open teams up at home. If that is addressed in the summer we can move forward imo

Edited by sadj

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Oaaft, I wouldn't be following Frank on any sort of subject. That's basically the old easter road, a downwards slope. 

It’s almost like you and I have a history despite you only being a member for a month. ?

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I listened to Boyd on the radio day after day and it didn't come across like he didn't like him. 

The guy was a bit of loner. He didn't have very good people skills. 

Levein obviously doesn't bother with looking in to any of that. 

Ah yes, Kris Boyd, the football sage. Reduced to hair transplants and peddling opinions in a rag no-one reads and getting a game off the bench now and then.

Meanwhile Cathro pockets an EPL wage, works with top players, and helped an unfancied team get 7th and into a cup final in the richest league in the world, working with one of the best and most interesting managers in the EPL (someone who has employed Cathro twice now).

Boyd's analysis was schoolboy stuff. Cathro definitely didn't seem to have the right stuff an SPL manager needs but he did nothing to deserve the pasting he got when he took the job. At the very least he had done enough in the game to get a chance and has continued to prove he is a good coach, even if he is unlikely to make a good No. 1. 

It's a shame he got the job mid season. A full close season might have helped him have a better start.

Edited by Guest

BOBTHEBRUCE
4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

It’s almost like you and I have a history despite you only being a member for a month. ?

A month is more than enough. I don't know how your wife puts up with you. 

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Home form is the worry for me. We’ve always been strong at home , pants away from home. We have lacked creativity to open teams up at home. If that is addressed in the summer we can move forward imo

My perspective is that Levein got

the home form (Tynecastle) spot on last season and beginning of this. I think he can combine the two and have us very competitive in this league and in both cup competitions.

Is there a reason Neilson deserved a plane and Levein doesn't, considering how much worse Levein's record is? Just curious in case any of the plane hirers are looking in. Maybe they're waiting for the cup final for maximum impact.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

My perspective is that Levein got

the home form (Tynecastle) spot on last season and beginning of this. I think he can combine the two and have us very competitive in this league and in both cup competitions.

This. You either believe Levein permanently lost all of his proven managerial ability after around October last year, or you believe he still has it and can turn things around. Or to put it another way, you either have an irrational hatred of a Hearts legend or you don't.

Randy Marsh
8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

A bit rich from you.  You found and edited a post I made 11 years ago recently.  Yet you registered in 2017. :lol:

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ah yes, Kris Boyd, the football sage. Reduced to hair transplants and peddling opinions in a rag no-one reads and getting a game off the bench now and then.

Meanwhile Cathro pockets an EPL wage, works with top players, and helped an unfancied team get 7th and into a cup final in the richest league in the world, working with one of the best and most interesting managers in the EPL (someone who has employed Cathro twice now).

Boyd's analysis was schoolboy stuff. Cathro definitely didn't seem to have the right stuff an SPL manager needs but he did nothing to deserve the pasting he got when he took the job. At the very least he had done enough in the game to get a chance and has continued to prove he is a good coach, even if he is unlikely to make a good No. 1. 

It's a shame he got the job mid season. A full close season might have helped him have a better start.

Well we all believe what we believe. I believe that Cathro is a bit of an odd ball and doesn't have great man management skills. 

He's not a big man, he's not a scary man, he's not played the game, hence he got no respect from the players. 

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

A bit rich from you.  You found and edited a post I made 11 years ago recently.  Yet you registered in 2017. :lol:

No idea what you’re talking about. If I did quote an eleven year old post, I’m sure it would have been thanks to the search facility. I don’t have a Lawssier ??

Edited by To Be Frank

9 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Well we all believe what we believe. I believe that Cathro is a bit of an odd ball and doesn't have great man management skills. 

He's not a big man, he's not a scary man, he's not played the game, hence he got no respect from the players. 

Very true. That's why no real big scary men who have played the game have ever hired or retained him. Apart from Craig Levein (twice), Nuno Espirito Santo (3 times), Steve McLaren and Rafa Benitez of course!

Big deal he didn't make it as a manager at the first time of asking. Fair play for having a go. There's no doubt he continues to have a stellar coaching career though. Who knows maybe Kris Boyd will pitch up as a first team coach at Newcastle or Valencia but I doubt it. That's maybe why he was so angry about Cathro getting jobs like that.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Very true. That's why no real big scary men who have played the game have ever hired or retained him. Apart from Craig Levein (twice), Nuno Espirito Santo (3 times), Steve McLaren and Rafa Benitez of course!

Big deal he didn't make it as a manager at the first time of asking. Fair play for having a go. There's no doubt he continues to have a stellar coaching career though.

**** it if we are going to go down this route. Brought back as a coach in the right circumstance (style , correct person above him etc) I would have no problem with

BOBTHEBRUCE
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Big deal he didn't make it as a manager at the first time of asking. Fair play for having a go. There's no doubt he continues to have a stellar coaching career though.

He's obviously a good at what he does (not quite sure what that is)

He's no manager. 

Randy Marsh
14 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

No idea what you’re talking about. If I did quote an eleven year old post, I’m sure it would have been thanks to the search facility. I don’t have a Lawssier ??

That's quite sad mate.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

That's quite sad mate.

Using the search facility is sad? ??‍♂️

I don’t know what the context is but whatever post I brought up from 11 years ago seems to have really rustled your jimmies ?

innerjambo

Back on topic please............. Craig Levein is a shitty clueless football manager!!

Enzo Chiefo
23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This. You either believe Levein permanently lost all of his proven managerial ability after around October last year, or you believe he still has it and can turn things around. Or to put it another way, you either have an irrational hatred of a Hearts legend or you don't.

Or you just think he's never been very good and more suited to a lower league team tham Hearts. There's nothing irrational about not liking Levein, Hearts legend or not. What I find more irrational is the fact that a noisy minority fall over themselves to make excuses for him.

Just now, innerjambo said:

Back on topic please............. Craig Levein was a shitty clueless football manager for much of 2018/19 apart from the start which was brilliant, and getting us to a rare cup final of course, but the rest of his career he has been quite decent apart from not being great at beating the OF and one Scotland game!!

FTFY

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Or you just think he's never been very good and more suited to a lower league team tham Hearts. There's nothing irrational about not liking Levein, Hearts legend or not. What I find more irrational is the fact that a noisy minority fall over themselves to make excuses for him.

You could think that but it makes you sound a bit mad. He was very good at us and Dundee Utd. He was good enough to get a pretty decent English job and the national team job.

BOBTHEBRUCE
3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Back on topic please............. Craig Levein is a shitty clueless football manager!!

He's been out of the management business far too long. He's just blagging it now. Taking punts and gambling.

We need someone that's been active at a decent level for the last 10 years. 

Cough cough steve clarke

Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Using the search facility is sad? ??‍♂️

I don’t know what the context is but whatever post I brought up from 11 years ago seems to have really rustled your jimmies ?

Not at all.  Just making a point that you have clearly been launched from this forum numerous times yourself.  Yet you accuse others of the same.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

You could think that but it makes you sound a bit mad. He was very good at us and Dundee Utd. He was good enough to get a pretty decent English job and the national team job.

Got the gigs but failed in both jobs. Bog standard manager imo. You disagree, fair enough. His last spell with us was 15 years ago, like Alex McLeish with Scotland, has proved himself to be a bit of a busted flush. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The bad outweighs the good unfortunately. Surely you can see that? The standard of football has been appalling for the most part and this has been reflected in our form and Goal Difference.

6th, 6th and 5th is way below expectations. Let us not forget who appointed Cathro, let him sign a heep of shit and fail to sack him before ruining another campaign. 

It’s not good enough for this club and there seems to be quite a few on here that don’t have a red line whatsoever.

Some of those few seem quite content to watch us descend into long term mediocrity. I certainly don’t expect us to win the league but we certainly should not be placing in mid table 3 seasons on the trot, whilst playing some of the most eyebleedingly bland football known to man.

It can only be because it is Craig Levein and therefore he’s getting a bit more leeway than anyone else would get.

Any other manager under the sun would have been sacked having only managed 15 points from 51 since the New Year, only 3 wins in 17 games in the league, 18 games come this weekend. That’s a complete abomination. 

How can you defend that? 

I was quite happy to give him the benefit of the doubt throughout the majority of this season but it has gone on far too long now.

The results and performances combined have been shocking. There is absolutely no reason why fans should accept what has happened in the last three seasons and there is nothing to suggest it will change for the better either with Craig in charge next season.

It’s almost like the end of Cloughies reign at Forest and like Clough, the only thing keeping Levein in the dugout is sentiment.

Unlike some I don’t believe he needs to be banished from the club, but he should move back upstairs and hand over the managerial reigns to someone else at the end of the season. Bring back Robbie Neilson. It worked fine before. 

This isn’t good for the club and the club should come first and foremost. It isn’t conducive for the club and the fans relationship to break down, nor is it good to have such a split in the support. If the majority want him out of the dugout, which it quite obviously is now, he should do the dignified thing and walk or, the board should give him a little nudge in the right direction.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

He's been out of the management business far too long. He's just blagging it now. Taking punts and gambling.

We need someone that's been active at a decent level for the last 10 years. 

Cough cough steve clarke

But does AB want to leave her comfort zone and cut all ties with Levein? She at least has to ask the question of Clarke before the SFA make their move next week.

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Not at all.  Just making a point that you have clearly been launched from this forum numerous times yourself.  Yet you accuse others of the same.

How does quoting your post from

11 years ago prove anything? 

Here’s another random post from 11 years ago

On 15/01/2008 at 20:43, Mr Maroon said:

I'm heading through to Fir Park for the replay next Tuesday, and was wondering could anybody give me a name of a decent pre-match boozer.

What does that prove other than the forum has a fairly straightforward search and quote facility? ??‍♂️

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic