Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

9 hours ago, Gambo said:

You go to games with Frank?

I leave the game and walk back to the car with 6 folk who all have differing views, I go to work on Monday and discuss the game with many fans most with differing views, most of the views are that was a hellish performance again and want Levein out, but not all.

Quite weird that EVERY FAN, you talk to feels the exact same way as you, quite creepy actually tbh.

Sticking rusty nails in a Craig Levein effigy is way more creepy in my opinion.  

You crack on though chief.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

11 hours ago, frankblack said:

Sadly, there seems to be a fair influx of previously banned posters and vermin interlopers.

Imagine spending your Sunday trolling on your opposition forum to get cheap thrills.  Its just as well some of the clowns on here today have no control in the running of the club with their clueless "sack everybody" attitude.  Imagine the surprise for the halwits when FoH take over and they still can't control the playing side of the club whenever they have a tantrum...

The most childish and stupid thing Is to think folk that are unhappy with the team are hibs fans it's bat sh*t crazy.

14 season ticket holders in our local boozer on Saturday that never went to the game  that tells it's own story folk ain't happy with things just now

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Any proof they want to stay? Djoum wants a pay day and Naismith wants to play abroad, he wouldn’t have mentioned the MLS if he wasn’t interested.

Early season form is gone as teams have sussed us out. I havent seen complacency just poor tactics and choices.

We are in free fall again and looking at the teams behind us like last season. We don’t have any easy games left this season and it’s going to be a struggle from here on in.

“Free fall”?

In the last month we’ve narrowed an 8 point gap behind 4th place to a 2 point gap ?

How far have we fallen behind the other 3 though? We are likely to be 22 points behind Celtic by Wednesday evening and 14 behind Rangers. 

I admire you trying to polish a turd though Frank ?

23 minutes ago, jambocub said:

The most childish and stupid thing Is to think folk that are unhappy with the team are hibs fans it's bat sh*t crazy.

14 season ticket holders in our local boozer on Saturday that never went to the game  that tells it's own story folk ain't happy with things just now

Not exactly the die hard fans then if this is all it takes to stop going on a Saturday afternoon.

I can only imagine the turmoil if they had to watch us under managers such as Gary Locke, Robbo, Tommy MacLean, Stevie Frail, Csaba, ....

The unrealistic sense of entitlement on here by some is staggering.  Do people not realise we have to sustain ourselves on a budget unlike 1998-2012 when we won 3 trophies but ultimately nearly went out of business financing our over-spending?  That will mean highs and lows.  This is on top of paying for the new pitch and main stand.

Edited by frankblack

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not exactly the die hard fans then if this is all it takes to stop going on a Saturday afternoon.

I can only imagine the turmoil if they had to watch us under managers such as Gary Locke, Robbo, Tommy MacLean, Stevie Frail, Csaba, ....

The unrealistic sense of entitlement on here by some is staggering.  Do people not realise we have to sustain ourselves on a budget unlike 1998-2012 when we won 3 trophies but ultimately nearly went out of business financing our over-spending?  That will mean highs and lows.  This is on top of paying for the new pitch and main stand.

FFS We were in admin when Gary Locke was in charge! 

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel for excuses to support CL.

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Season ticket holders for years  and age range from 40-70 ( and 4 children)so they've been about long enough to decide for themselves when to go and when not to go 

The managers you mentioned all have one thing in common they were binned one way or another and fans were unhappy with the way the team played under them 

Sound familiar ?

Edited by jambocub
Spelling

10 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Six of us at the game yesterday. All totally pissed off with the performance. All at different stages in terms of our remaining patience with Levein. None of the six of us want him sacked right now or before the end of the season (unless we end up in the bottom six post split).

If anybody in our group came put with the sort of nonsense that some spout on here (wanting us to get beat by Hibs for example) then they’d get laughed out the pub ???

See when even Leveins biggest supporters start giving him this game or that game etc then the writing is on the wall.

Francis Albert
8 hours ago, Wilson said:

That's just not true.

The FoH, as majority owners, will appoint Directors to run the club, including appointing staff. Your last sentence is nonsense.

You should read the read the Governance arrangements. (again if appropriate.)

A minority of two Directors will be appointed by FoH.  FoH will not appoint any staff - not the Dof, the Manager/head coach, obviously no players. FoH may comment on how its ongoing funding is spent ... but the club board is free to ignore those comments if it chooses.

This is not a criticism just a reflection of what FOH members voted for overwhelmingly just a couple of months ago.

29 minutes ago, Markymark said:

FFS We were in admin when Gary Locke was in charge! 

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel for excuses to support CL.

Locke was just one example out of several.  I am just pointing out that our history shows we tend to have more mid table finishes or worse  than better.

23 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Season ticket holders for years  and age range from 40-70 ( and 4 children)so they've been about long enough to decide for themselves when to go and when not to go 

The managers you mentioned all have one thing in common they were binned one way or another and fans were unhappy with the way the team played under them 

Sound familiar ?

Taking the Romanov managerial madness out of things due to incomparable finances that pretty much leaves JJ,  Levein, and Alex MacDonald as our best recent managers.

What the fans want does not translate to board level where the security of the club's future takes priority.

I have not bought in to the anti Levein stuff on KB especially all the knee jerk stuff after a bad result BUT I have to say I left Tynecastle on Saturday absolutely bored out my skull.  In the last 2 home league games v Livvie and St. M we have barely created a chance from open play.  Our distribution from defence is woeful, there's a lack of movement, pace, width, artistry.  It really is dire.  I think we started the season so well because everything stuck to Uche and we were able to play off that.  On Saturday you could tell he's still trying to find his touch.  The problem for me was we had no plan B, no clue how to mix the game, change things.  This comes down to the people that manage the team  The manager and his coaching staff.    There's zero point in changing personnel at this stage of season but if our season whimpers out with that same level of clueless football then Ann Budge has got a huge decision to make this summer.  

18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Locke was just one example out of several.  I am just pointing out that our history shows we tend to have more mid table finishes or worse  than better.

Taking the Romanov managerial madness out of things due to incomparable finances that pretty much leaves JJ,  Levein, and Alex MacDonald as our best recent managers.

What the fans want does not translate to board level where the security of the club's future takes priority.

It'll start translating when season book renewals come up 

22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So we should just settle for inconsistent mediocrity at best because that's historically what we achieve. Despite having a much larger playing budget than many of the sides who out perform us.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Markymark said:

How far have we fallen behind the other 3 though? We are likely to be 22 points behind Celtic by Wednesday evening and 14 behind Rangers. 

I admire you trying to polish a turd though Frank ?

:laugh:

Francis Albert
47 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think we  historically have  the third best record by average league position which suggests we don't have a majority of mid to lower table finishes.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

You should read the read the Governance arrangements. (again if appropriate.)

A minority of two Directors will be appointed by FoH.  FoH will not appoint any staff - not the Dof, the Manager/head coach, obviously no players. FoH may comment on how its ongoing funding is spent ... but the club board is free to ignore those comments if it chooses.

This is not a criticism just a reflection of what FOH members voted for overwhelmingly just a couple of months ago.

You’re technically correct, FA, but I can’t envisage a situation where the board would fly in the face of the FOH’s wishes after hand over. I also can’t imagine a situation where that would occur, frankly !

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I love your optimism, whether it’s based on reality or not. 

It’s based on facts. 

The question of as to who replaces him and will the structure of the club change too need to be asked before deciding as he's probably effective still going to be in control.

Maybe the gaffer needs to be with players from Monday rather than leaving it to his array of “coaches” because what the hell do they do with the players!! Anyone know the contract situation with the terrible trio macphee Daly and Fox?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It’s based on facts. 

Is it though? We played 442 early in the season when we were playing well and actually creating chances, we seem reluctant to play that formation now that we have options up front and in midfield.

You also had a few ifs in your original post, that’s not facts that’s hope that somehow one of the most stubborn men in football will change his ways.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Maybe the gaffer needs to be with players from Monday rather than leaving it to his array of “coaches” because what the hell do they do with the players!! Anyone know the contract situation with the terrible trio macphee Daly and Fox?

That’s a great point, who knows what they do but it isn’t working. I’m sure Macphee signed a three year deal , not sure about the other two.

Most of the positive comments on CL are like the golfer who plays one good shot in 20 and thinks that is his normal game. Early season form is long gone. The reality is we cannot beat Dundee, Livi or St Mirren at home. That's simply not acceptable and it's not as some claim Hearts way.

Its clear despite the team playing absolutely dire football,  CL won't be sacked. Hence the Smug smart Alec comments when interviewed. I noted lots of empty seats in Wheatfield and other stands with many ST in my Section not attending. The atmosphere in the ground is grim during games . How some can think Hearts are progressing under CL is beyond me.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jambocub said:

Sound familiar ?

He kind of gave the ultimate end game scenario whilst trying to defend Levein didn’t he? Only three of maybe 20 ST holders I know want him to stay.

3 minutes ago, Prof said:

Most of the positive comments on CL are like the golfer who plays one good shot in 20 and thinks that is his normal game. Early season form is long gone. The reality is we cannot beat Dundee, Livi or St Mirren at home. That's simply not acceptable and it's not as some claim Hearts way.

Its clear despite the team playing absolutely dire football,  CL won't be sacked. Hence the Smug smart Alec comments when interviewed. I noted lots of empty seats in Wheatfield and other stands with many ST in my Section not attending. The atmosphere in the ground is grim during games . How some can think Hearts are progressing under CL is beyond me.

The early season form hoodwinked some into thinking we were going to win the league. We were far from convincing in most of those games and it was simply a good run of results that has now been matched and surpassed by most of our rivals in the top 6. 

There is no evidence to suggest that we will progress under CL and his army of coaches. Appointing a new manager from outside will lift the gloom that has descended over the club and kick start our season. I can also understand the point about waiting until the summer and possibly that is what AB will choose to do. At any rate, it is increasingly unlikely that CL will be in charge next season.

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The early season form hoodwinked some into thinking we were going to win the league. We were far from convincing in most of those games and it was simply a good run of results that has now been matched and surpassed by most of our rivals in the top 6. 

There is no evidence to suggest that we will progress under CL and his army of coaches. Appointing a new manager from outside will lift the gloom that has descended over the club and kick start our season. I can also understand the point about waiting until the summer and possibly that is what AB will choose to do. At any rate, it is increasingly unlikely that CL will be in charge next season.

What, not even as DoF??

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Early season form was lucky? Nah I’m not having that. 

We absolutely battered Hamilton in the first game. We then beat the champions and got a deserved win at in form Kilmarnock! 

This was followed up by a comfortable win at home to St Mirren 4-1. Next up was the Uche injury game at Motherwell and another deserved win. 

The first sign of trouble was Livingston at home but they’d been on a good run and a point although disappointing was quickly forgotten about as we dispatched Motherwell in the league cup and picked up three points in a routine home win against St Johnstone. 

I was extremely disappointed with the tactics against Rangers at Ibrox. We were far too cautious and paid the price. Next was a win against Aberdeen and an impressive display away to Dundee. Injuries derailed our season. 

49 minutes ago, jambali said:

What, not even as DoF??

No, I don't think he would want a DOF role that diluted any of his current powers.

3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

I have not bought in to the anti Levein stuff on KB especially all the knee jerk stuff after a bad result BUT I have to say I left Tynecastle on Saturday absolutely bored out my skull.  In the last 2 home league games v Livvie and St. M we have barely created a chance from open play.  Our distribution from defence is woeful, there's a lack of movement, pace, width, artistry.  It really is dire.  I think we started the season so well because everything stuck to Uche and we were able to play off that.  On Saturday you could tell he's still trying to find his touch.  The problem for me was we had no plan B, no clue how to mix the game, change things.  This comes down to the people that manage the team  The manager and his coaching staff.    There's zero point in changing personnel at this stage of season but if our season whimpers out with that same level of clueless football then Ann Budge has got a huge decision to make this summer.  

Mulraney basically played as a defensive wing back in the sense when he did run with the ball its was from the halfway line. Not one player looked to drive into the channels in front of him so Mulraneys spent the entire game heading for the by line for a cross. its basic stuff like this to me that winds me up. How can nobody, players and management included,  no think lets get runners into those channels its wide open and Mulranaey who's faster without the ball looking for a return pass 

5 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

“Free fall”?

In the last month we’ve narrowed an 8 point gap behind 4th place to a 2 point gap ?

...and are in the Scottish Cup with a great chance of a semi final spot. Football fans can be strange at times!!

29 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Early season form was lucky? Nah I’m not having that. 

We absolutely battered Hamilton in the first game. We then beat the champions and got a deserved win at in form Kilmarnock! 

This was followed up by a comfortable win at home to St Mirren 4-1. Next up was the Uche injury game at Motherwell and another deserved win. 

The first sign of trouble was Livingston at home but they’d been on a good run and a point although disappointing was quickly forgotten about as we dispatched Motherwell in the league cup and picked up three points in a routine home win against St Johnstone. 

I was extremely disappointed with the tactics against Rangers at Ibrox. We were far too cautious and paid the price. Next was a win against Aberdeen and an impressive display away to Dundee. Injuries derailed our season. 

I didn't say anything about the run being lucky. We had a good run of fixtures and got Celtic at the best time when they were in a bit of turmoil. They dropped a lot of points early season. The victories were good but we weren't clinical or particularly convincing in several of the games, where small margins got us the victory. 

Its hard to look at the situation objectively having watched that rubbish on Saturday, but I've always felt that we need to judge the management at the end of this season. 

We could still have a strong league finish and potentially win the Cup.  Equally we could get worse and be papped out the cup.

However, what does seem  to me is that were it nor for players we couldn't really afford (Lafferty and Naismith) then we would  be a lot worse off.  The remainder of the players we can afford are either not good enough or not being managed well enough to get the best out of them.  Either way the fault lies with the DOF/Head Coach.  

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is it though? We played 442 early in the season when we were playing well and actually creating chances, we seem reluctant to play that formation now that we have options up front and in midfield.

You also had a few ifs in your original post, that’s not facts that’s hope that somehow one of the most stubborn men in football will change his ways.

The facts -

Are we’ve beaten all the teams around us on the league.

We’re two points of 4th.

We’ve already made the LC semi final and are favourites to reach the SC semi final. 

We’ve not really had the right personnel to play 4-4-2 in recent weeks. We might see it soon enough now Haring is back and Garuccio is back from suspension. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The facts -

Are we’ve beaten all the teams around us on the league.

We’re two points of 4th.

We’ve already made the LC semi final and are favourites to reach the SC semi final. 

We’ve not really had the right personnel to play 4-4-2 in recent weeks. We might see it soon enough now Haring is back and Garuccio is back from suspension. 

We might well be in two semi finals by beating poor teams, as soon as we got to the first one we roll

over without laying a glove on Celtic (apart from Maclean’s sexual assault of course).

We played a back four for most of the game on Saturday with Souttar occupying the RB slot and trying to cross  to one man in the box ( who’s not that good in the air).  

We beat the teams around us wow what an achievement eh, do we do that most seasons? It’s a shame we’ve played Livi 3 times, lost 5 and not scored. We’ve also dropped points to every team below us, stats can be used to facilitate any argument.

Garuccio is average and clearly not a favourite of the manager, yet another failure to solve this problem position. 

Your optimism is misplaced and the team are showing no signs whatsoever of getting back to our early season form, it’s more like last season.

5 hours ago, Gambo said:

See when even Leveins biggest supporters start giving him this game or that game etc then the writing is on the wall.

?

you just have to look at man united to see what a difference allowing a team to play attacking football and express themselves can have on a team. They werre horrible to watch under Jose and now they are suddenly playing exciting fast flwoing attacking football that teams cant live with.  Levein will never change his style he was a defender and it will always be about making yourself hard to beat first.  The lack of urgency or the willingness to just lump it long at times is so frustrating. 

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We might well be in two semi finals by beating poor teams, as soon as we got to the first one we roll

over without laying a glove on Celtic (apart from Maclean’s sexual assault of course).

We played a back four for most of the game on Saturday with Souttar occupying the RB slot and trying to cross  to one man in the box ( who’s not that good in the air).  

We beat the teams around us wow what an achievement eh, do we do that most seasons? It’s a shame we’ve played Livi 3 times, lost 5 and not scored. We’ve also dropped points to every team below us, stats can be used to facilitate any argument.

Garuccio is average and clearly not a favourite of the manager, yet another failure to solve this problem position. 

Your optimism is misplaced and the team are showing no signs whatsoever of getting back to our early season form, it’s more like last season.

We beat Motherwell and Livi to get through the rounds. Hardly poor teams but that’s generally how cups work, you get who you get. 

Aberdeen have dropped points to teams below us, as have Sevco. We’re hardly unique in that situation. It’s a tight league. 

We are in a relatively good position at the moment yet there are folk blowing a feckin gasket about being two points behind 4th and favourites to reach another semi. Absolutely mental. I think most Hearts supporters been asked if they’d take that at this point, they’d have bitten your hand off. 

There’s at least 15 points out of the 33 remaining for us. That could be enough to finish 4th.

We’ll improve in the summer when we add more quality to what we have. I have no concerns at the moment that we are heading in the right direction. The problem is some folk want it all yesterday. It doesn’t quite work like that. We’re there abouts where we have always been but we have a good platform to build on. 

1 hour ago, Independence said:

...and are in the Scottish Cup with a great chance of a semi final spot. Football fans can be strange at times!!

How true - we're in with a chance of another cup semi spot - because we're playing Partick. What a comfort blanket that has become on here over the weekend.  How anyone can quote this as some sign of progress is laughable. CL has been in charge for nearly two seasons now and it is still dire stuff being churned out. The team hasn't really made any significant progress - but we're only 2 pts  behind Killie so everything is OK. 

21 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

How true - we're in with a chance of another cup semi spot - because we're playing Partick. What a comfort blanket that has become on here over the weekend.  How anyone can quote this as some sign of progress is laughable. CL has been in charge for nearly two seasons now and it is still dire stuff being churned out. The team hasn't really made any significant progress - but we're only 2 pts  behind Killie so everything is OK. 

We would be in with a chance of a Semi-final place if we had drawn Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or ICT.

Probably less so with sevco or the demons, but still a chance.

No comfort blanket really !

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We beat Motherwell and Livi to get through the rounds. Hardly poor teams but that’s generally how cups work, you get who you get. 

Aberdeen have dropped points to teams below us, as have Sevco. We’re hardly unique in that situation. It’s a tight league. 

We are in a relatively good position at the moment yet there are folk blowing a feckin gasket about being two points behind 4th and favourites to reach another semi. Absolutely mental. I think most Hearts supporters been asked if they’d take that at this point, they’d have bitten your hand off. 

There’s at least 15 points out of the 33 remaining for us. That could be enough to finish 4th.

We’ll improve in the summer when we add more quality to what we have. I have no concerns at the moment that we are heading in the right direction. The problem is some folk want it all yesterday. It doesn’t quite work like that. We’re there abouts where we have always been but we have a good platform to build on. 

Wow, ok Craig ??

Bridge of Djoum
18 hours ago, Gambo said:

You go to games with Frank?

I leave the game and walk back to the car with 6 folk who all have differing views, I go to work on Monday and discuss the game with many fans most with differing views, most of the views are that was a hellish performance again and want Levein out, but not all.

Quite weird that EVERY FAN, you talk to feels the exact same way as you, quite creepy actually tbh.

Some size of a car.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

We will, with a new manager.

We’d have finished 3rd this season if we never lost half our team to injury.

Leveins not even remotely close to losing his job so doubtful it’ll be a different manager.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You don't half talk some biased excrement.

We played Celtic and beat them in the league with a full team.

In the semi, we lost key players (Berra and Uche) while Naismith lasted only 8 minutes.

Even now none of Berra, Naisy and Uche is near the previous match fitness level they had before lengthy lay-offs.

9 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

He needs at least another two transfer windows before we can really judge him........

Are you being serious?

11 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

He needs at least another two transfer windows before we can really judge him........

We should give him a 5 year deal imo, we need some stability and he's the right man to take us forward. 

52 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We’d have finished 3rd this season if we never lost half our team to injury.

Leveins not even remotely close to losing his job so doubtful it’ll be a different manager.

He'll soon be in the last season of a 3 year deal ?  He'll be  gone at the end of next season.  Hopefully he won't be alone. The penny should have dropped with AB by then. 

Finish 3rd ?- you're insane. What have you been watching for the last two seasons ? 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic